Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 282 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PAPPYBALL
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2G3A9614 (resized).jpeg
    48902292_2017593708540150_8795798022379274240_o-4 (resized).jpg
    ClaytorArcade.gif
    ClaytorArcadeSign.jpg
    goosiesEverywhere.gif
    bye.gif
    woodrail01_2000px.jpg
    woodrail02_2000px.jpg
    claytorArcade_2000px.jpg
    Pano2000.jpg
    modernEM_2000px.jpg
    modernEM_2000pxPANO.jpg
    79BDF22A-D86D-49BE-8CE8-569CD68ED654 (resized).png
    ClaytorArcade.gif
    F894D5B7-3843-49C3-B042-78231AD91071.gif
    tenor.gif
    There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 4 years ago

Can't wait to see it. I think your future is so bright your gonna need to wear shades........LOL.

John

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Can't wait to see it. I think your future is so bright your gonna need to wear shades........LOL.
    John

It's the only way I'll be able to win at that puck bowler that's going right next to the neon.

shades.gifshades.gif

#203 4 years ago

Let’s play some pinball.

ADCD365B-B497-4249-9B27-2B8188F650E5.gifADCD365B-B497-4249-9B27-2B8188F650E5.gif
    #204 4 years ago

I'd assume it will have a dim/bright switch?

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I'd assume it will have a dim/bright switch?

Some you can and some you can't. Hopefully Ryan planned for it though. Can't wait to see it, neon is king!!

John

#206 4 years ago

I know the Claytor's Arcade neon sign is expensive but it will be worth every penny.

When I win the lottery I will ask your guy to do a sign for Pecos' Palatial Pinball Parlour. He might be able to or want to retire after doing that one! "You can't win if you don't play", so that will be never!

As we have seen, a lot of thought went into this beauty - getting excited for you, Ryan!

#207 4 years ago

Love neon! I have a neon light in almost every room!

IMG_2956 (resized).jpgIMG_2956 (resized).jpg
    #208 4 years ago

just found this thread Ryan, awesome gameroom build thread and love the sweet neon design - will look fantastic once complete and installed. Enjoy

#209 4 years ago

Evidently the neon guy works on Saturdays...

e1f02c47-a806-45b8-a85c-3be7024a28b0 (resized).jpge1f02c47-a806-45b8-a85c-3be7024a28b0 (resized).jpg

...because I just received an image of this "pile."

("Pile" = his word, not mine.)

colbert.gifcolbert.gif

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

future is so bright your gonna need to wear shades

#211 4 years ago

A Monday update!

rough (resized).jpgrough (resized).jpg

...and a wiring diagram.

diagram (resized).jpgdiagram (resized).jpg

sofreakinexcited.gifsofreakinexcited.gif

#212 4 years ago

That room is going too GLOW!

#214 4 years ago

Awesome

#215 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

A Monday update!
    [quoted image]
    ...and a wiring diagram.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Looks amazing Ryan! Will look even better on the wall. Your Neon Guy works pretty quickly and looks to do very nice work!

Looking forward to seeing it completed.

Chris

#216 4 years ago

0d8c562e-1343-4967-b12c-cc61d1da9288 (resized).jpg0d8c562e-1343-4967-b12c-cc61d1da9288 (resized).jpg

Wow. Monday was a busy day! I received this image of all the neon test fit onto the sign backer (which has been painted to match the color of my basement wall). The next step is wiring, which will involved taking everything off the board, threading all the wires through the board, an reattaching everything a second time. From my understanding, if the wiring doesn't fit quite right it'll have to be done a third time.

T-minus 2 days and counting...

robodance.gifrobodance.gif

#217 4 years ago

I have a countdown to my retirement date underway...somehow I'm anticipating the culmination this countdown even more...

#218 4 years ago

Admiration and envy here. I'm still tussling with insulation. Then flooring reinforcement and leveling. Then drywalling and finish. Then paint. Then lighting. Then floor covering. And THEN I'll finally have the games out of the living room... next spring is it? geez

Perfect choice on the neon design. Certainly the most Claytorian, and most impressive in size too.

CAIN'T WAIT to see it all a-blinky!

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

CAIN'T WAIT to see it all a-blinky!

Received this video last night:

...asked if the flippers could be animated so that they alternate the flippage (rather than double-flipping). Neon guy said that wouldn't be a problem and that he'd fix it in the morning. This guy is rad.

Don't want to encourage chimp-flipping in the Claytor Arcade...at least not with a demonstration on the sign. All play styles are welcome, though.

T-minus 1 day and counting until installation...

ac.gifac.gif

#220 4 years ago

...and true to his word, Neon master sent over this morning edition as I was publishing that last video:

Aw yeah.

#221 4 years ago

This is SO awesome! What a unique piece to have in the gameroom!

Chris

#222 4 years ago

Looks so much better without the double flips. Good call.

#223 4 years ago

Glorious

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Don't want to encourage chimp-flipping in the Claytor Arcade...

That made me laugh out loud in my office. Looks great. Congrats!

#225 4 years ago

Looks great! Fun thread to follow. Thanks for sharing.

#226 4 years ago

So, I have intentionally been avoiding this thread till a later date so I could watch the whole build process at once. Had I known it would evolve into a neon sign creation thread, I would’ve been following daily!

Awesome Ryan, worth the entire basement remodel just for this one piece!

#227 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

Had I known it would evolve into a neon sign creation thread, I would’ve been following daily!

Welcome to the same thing the rest of us are doing. I can't wait to see this thing installed. The videos were awesome, but the real install is the treat.

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

...and true to his word, Neon master sent over this morning edition as I was publishing that last video:

Aw yeah.

60FPS FOR 2019 MAN

LOL ok fine fine just makes the final reveal all the more special. Serious props Ryan-o. That is pure intention leaping into glorious electric reality. Doesn't get any better than that.

#229 4 years ago

I, quite literally, had dreams about moving games into our new space last night.

T-minus 2 hours to install...

outtacontrol.gifouttacontrol.gif

#230 4 years ago

<anxiously waiting for installation updates>

#231 4 years ago

LET ME SEE THE GLOW

#232 4 years ago

You asked for it!

I've seen it and it's really cool...the sign I mean. Ok, the show is cool too.

glow (resized).jpgglow (resized).jpg
    #233 4 years ago

9:30am rolled around and the maestro of neon rolled up exactly as he said he would.

IMG_20190829_092221777 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_092221777 (resized).jpg

Wow! Quite a sight to behold in person, seeing that massive sign lying in the bed of his truck.

Neon fellow brought his son along for the install and the three of us shuffled it through my garage, into our house, and down to the basement.

IMG_20190829_093002128 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_093002128 (resized).jpg

This thing required 8 transformers. *phew*

IMG_20190829_093252970 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_093252970 (resized).jpg

They got measuring in short order...

IMG_20190829_092607364 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_092607364 (resized).jpg

...and once it was ready to go up, the son and I held the sign while the black belt of neon went around securing it.

IMG_20190829_104550412 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_104550412 (resized).jpg

#234 4 years ago

Then it was time to step back and admire the fruits of all our labor...

ClaytorArcadeSign (resized).jpgClaytorArcadeSign (resized).jpg

MY GOSH!!! It's really quite mesmerizing. We all just sort of stood back and took it in for a while. Enjoy the animated glow with us, won't you?

So, I've been getting some inquiries about who I went to in order to make this happen. Honestly, I've been waiting until the final install to say anything, but EV-ER-Y STEP of this process has been so silky smooth. He's done exactly what he told me he would, when he told me he would, came in on budget, gave me a heck of an education while we he was at it, and was an awfully nice guy to boot. So for those of you interested in getting something like this done for your basements/gamerooms/arcades, the master of neon is Josh, and here's his info:

Josh Goodacre

He's interested in doing more custom work like this, so hit him up! I can't recommend him highly enough. He made all my neon hopes and dreams come true, and I can only assume he'll do the same for you.

Once we were done basking in the neon glory, I asked Josh and son if I could take them out to lunch, so we went to a great local eatery together:

IMG_20190829_120412231 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_120412231 (resized).jpg

At the end of the meal, Josh politely reminded me he needed the balance of the sign paid. Like a doof, I was so keyed-up about the sign that I forgot my checkbook back home. I felt bad making Josh drive BACK to my house with me after we just left, but once we were home and I cut him a check he asked me if he could go down and see the sign one more time.

IMG_20190829_123844537 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_123844537 (resized).jpg

It was pretty great seeing that Josh was just as enthralled with the piece as I was.

Man, this thing is SO COOL!!!

ClaytorArcadeRyan (resized).jpgClaytorArcadeRyan (resized).jpg

Alright, guys, that's gonna bring the neon updates to a conclusion. I'll leave you with a few close-ups of Josh's handiwork...

IMG_20190829_142328612 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_142328612 (resized).jpg

IMG_20190829_124859284 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_124859284 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190829_142412888 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_142412888 (resized).jpg

...and of course, the customary dance break:

yaaas.gifyaaas.gif

Thanks, all, for following and chiming in on this thread. Some more to come, but this is certainly a highlight.

#235 4 years ago

Spectacular!!!!!!!

#236 4 years ago

Way cool Ryan, so happy for you!

#237 4 years ago

Looks amazing Ryan. Now get those machines moved it!

#238 4 years ago

So tastefull!
    Congrats

#239 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

At the end of the meal, Josh politely reminded me he needed the balance of the sign paid.

Should've messed with him and said with a straight face "oh, I thought lunch would cover it. That's all the money I have."

#240 4 years ago

Looks great Ryan, and enjoy!!

John

#241 4 years ago

Awesome sign!

#242 4 years ago

Looks awesome Ryan, congrats

#243 4 years ago

That came out PERFECTLY!!!!

#244 4 years ago

Perfect! Looks amazing.

#245 4 years ago

That is SOOOoO cool!

#246 4 years ago

Beautiful Sign, makes the space! Will look terrific with pins lining the walls!

#247 4 years ago

Looks great, but this is bullshit.... I'm gonna miss this thread!

#248 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

Spectacular!!!!!!!

Quoted from Rody:

Way cool Ryan, so happy for you!

Quoted from jeffsgames:

Looks amazing Ryan.

Quoted from Thor-NL:

So tastefull!
    Congrats

Quoted from Dayhuff:

Looks great Ryan, and enjoy!!
    John

Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Awesome sign!

Quoted from swinks:

Looks awesome Ryan, congrats

Quoted from LargemouthAss:

That came out PERFECTLY!!!!

Quoted from roar:

Perfect! Looks amazing.

Quoted from RocketFromTombs:

That is SOOOoO cool!

Quoted from ReadyPO:

Beautiful Sign, makes the space! Will look terrific with pins lining the walls!

Sincerely, thank you. I'll also pass these sentiments along to Josh.

Quoted from jeffsgames:

Now get those machines moved it!

Quoted from ReadyPO:

Will look terrific with pins lining the walls!

That's tomorrow! (Thanks in advance, @paddlepaw !)

Quoted from yancy:

Should've messed with him and said with a straight face "oh, I thought lunch would cover it. That's all the money I have."

Ha-ha! Now I know how to "pay" you once I order the next copy of Scoregasm Master.

Quoted from yzfguy:

Looks great, but this is bullshit.... I'm gonna miss this thread!

*LOL* Most memorable response of the day. Gave the wife and I a hearty chortle, @yzfguy !

#249 4 years ago

That thin is so cool.
    I would put it on a motion detection outlet so It will turn on anytime I was in the room!

#250 4 years ago

The neon turned out freakin' amazing Ryan! Massive props to both you for the design and the neon guy for the craftsmanship! When do you start your side-gig in neon design?

There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-claytorian-basement-remodel/page/5?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.