Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pin_Crazed
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have NEVER heard a single person say that the placement of the display in Cirqus Voltaire is a bad idea. In fact, every time the subject has come up, there's nothing but praise for how brilliant the placement is.

So my question is, why hasn't that been replicated in any other machine? It makes so much sense for the display to be as close to one's field of vision on the playfield as can be.

#2 10 years ago

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that JPop's upcoming Zombie Adventureland will have the DMD mounted in the same place like CV....

Later,
EV

#3 10 years ago

Hasn't there been alot of replacments on the DMD plastic protector?
Maybe thats why? do to air balls

#4 10 years ago

I haven't had any issues with the plastic protector....of course HUO pin.

I do like the idea Heighway Pinball has on Full Throttle of putting the screen in the middle of the playfield for all the relative information the DMD normally provides....That way it is all right there by the flippers!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that JPop's upcoming Zombie Adventureland will have the DMD mounted in the same place like CV....
Later,
EV

Nice!

#6 10 years ago

I think the planned Capt. Nemo has a LCD screen in the playfield. That should be awesome also.

#7 10 years ago

I love the DMD on my CV. It becomes such an integral part of the game when it is in your field of vision 100% of the time. This is definitely a design feature that I wish was more common. I have never had any issues with air balls, but you do have to watch when raising and lowering the playfield that none of the ramps catch on the protector.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from john041160:

Hasn't there been alot of replacments on the DMD plastic protector?
Maybe thats why? do to air balls

I believe the common problem is when you put the PF back in the machine it is so close that it catches the DMD plastic corner and breaks them. You have to be very careful putting the PF down, it has to be as far forward as it can be to clear the DMD plastic. This is probably one of the most common break plastics, at $100 per, it is not a cheap replacement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cirqus-voltaire-display-design and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.