Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

index (resized).jpg
    20170115_150454 (resized).jpg
    TimMcCoy.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Jesters_Court (resized).png
    Bachelor_Mimes (resized).jpg
    Wizzo_and_bozo (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Liberals, can't have or do anything.

Lol

You haven't been to the circus in 30 years and somehow this is "liberals'" fault.

In a completely unrelated tangent, why does pinball seem to attract so many circus clowns?

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

It isn't his fault just because he hasn't gone.
    I'm just glad that the zealots can now put more focus around banning fishing.
    http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-in-entertainment/cruel-sports/fishing/

It is his fault. The circus is closing because ticket sales have been declining steadily for over a decade, not because of "liberals."

See what Lloyd says whenever someone complains about an arcade closing. "When was the last time you went?"

Also. Liberals or something.

#51 7 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

From the articles, it states that the ticket sale decline is in part due to lack of animal presence and the litigation cost.

"it" says that. Unless we actually see the books or some real numbers, it's just spin. A family of billionaires just fired 500 people, they need to blame somebody and justify it in a way besides "there's just better ways for us to spend our money." Remember when Williams closed it's pinball division despite the fact that it was profitable?

"it" also says "try to get a 4 year old to sit still for 12-minutes these days and see if they pay attention", and that's a direct quote for the Circus' owner. The circus' days were numbered because in 2017, people just don't give a shit about stuff that isn't on an ipad. The usual suspects who don't really care about the circus are gonna bitch about "liberals" because that's what they do - every chance they get.

When was the last time YOU went to the circus?

#54 7 years ago

According to defiant ownership, it wasn't actually the liberals. But it was liberals.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ringling-bros-pushes-back-animal-rights-groups-claiming/story?id=44806898

The owners of the famed Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus today pushed back against the idea that animal rights protests influenced the company's decision to end its circus performances in May of this year.

The family-run Feld Entertainment company that owns the 146-year-old circus billed as "the greatest show on Earth" said at a press conference today in Florida that animal rights groups should not claim the circus' closing as a victory.

"This is not a win for animal rights activists," Kenneth Feld, the company's CEO said. "This is not a win for anyone."

"Entertainment has changed," Feld said of the reason for the closing. "The traditional family unit is different."

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Been wondering that about you for some time now.

Why do I seem to attract so many circus clowns?

Errr....

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I think we can all "Reach across the aisle" here and agree that PETA is terrible.

It is funny that so many people have the knee-jerk reactions "LIBERALS!"

PETA aren't liberals. They are extremists, and "one issue voters" if you will. Animal rights extremists would vote for anybody who made "animal rights" their top priority - it's really all they care about so it's unfair to insist they are liberals or that this is an exclusively liberal point of view.

The circus and Seaworld aren't failing because of "liberals," they are failing because of a general and gradual change in the attitude of ticket buyers. You don't have to be liberal to dislike the exploitation of animals, and sure enough, plenty of "conservatives" aren't going to Seaworld anymore.

#92 7 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

What if I just want the apex animals to fight to the death? Like thunder dome?

If you consider roosters apex animals I can point you in the right direction.

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Slightly sad to see it go, I went once as a kid and it was really nifty. I don't agree with PETA's methods at all (ugh) but they really carried on with the animals for way, way too long. See also: Seaworld. On the plus side, Cirque du Soleil exists and they're pretty legit. The Beatles one is a trip.

It is funny that pretty much everybody hates PETA yet...agrees with them.

I mean, PETA are insufferable, but it's indisputable that they have been extremely effective in some areas. Yeah, most people will still eat a steak and order meatballs for dessert, but the ranks of those same folks who won't buy a ticket to Seaworld or wear a fur coat are growing every day.

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from volcanodiver:

Because elephants needed a place to go to kill keepers? </sarcasm>

Take it up with the elephant dude.

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from volcanodiver:

Elephants have approximately 65 gallons of blood. If it had "gallons of blood per second gushing out" it would have completely bled out in under 30 seconds, this is assuming no blood loss at all until all the bullet holes were made, and it kept bleeding until completely empty (which does not happen). I'd have to say your exaggerating about the bleed rate. Let's stick to reality.

LOL

#139 7 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

I said it was an ex zoo animal that killed. Btw Our Madison's zoo did have another elephant that killed, here at the zoo. Pulled a boy between the bars

Volcano diver says:

"Do you have evidence the elephant killed the boy? Or was it actually blunt force trauma from striking the bars as he was being pulled in? Let's work with facts here!"

#145 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

This is unrelated to circuses but not to elephants or zoos. When I was in Junior High we took a field trip to the Indy Zoo. They were giving elephant rides for 20 bucks. I did it and it was unforgettable. We did have to make a pit stop half ways around for it to drop some pounds.

What's it like to sit on an elephant while it takes a dump?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-circus-has-closed-barnum-bailey-no-more?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.