Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinballlew
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

index (resized).jpg
    20170115_150454 (resized).jpg
    TimMcCoy.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Jesters_Court (resized).png
    Bachelor_Mimes (resized).jpg
    Wizzo_and_bozo (resized).jpg

There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 7 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

I never understood why some vampires who are conflicted with drinking blood from humans and turn to rats to survive just don't go to Africa and feast on 65 galloons of blood from an elephant.

Because animals don't have the life experience that humans have and they are also innocent. Don't you read the Vampire Chronicles? If I were lucky enough to be a vamp I would feast on the blood of the people who make life miserable for the rest of us. Not referring to politicians alone but there are plenty of humans who profit from the misery of others. They would be tasty.

#152 7 years ago

Going with friends to Tampa's showing tomorrow, last time I'll see them.

#153 7 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

I never understood why some vampires who are conflicted with drinking blood from humans and turn to rats to survive just don't go to Africa and feast on 65 galloons of blood from an elephant.

I think it has something to do with elephants being herbivores. Vampires like to dine on carnivore's blood. However, they will feed on vegans just simply because vampires can't stand their pompousness like the rest of us.

#154 7 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

He's talking about your intentional obtuseness and nakedly facile attempt to pin an animal's damaged mental state on the sanctuary it was sent to rather than the circus it had been part of.
    At least, I assume the obtuseness is intentional. Let me know if I'm giving you too much credit.

The elephant in question had never been a circus animal. Presqueisle twice stated that it came from the Madison Zoo prior to being sent to the sanctuary. Neither you or Volcanodriver seem to have understood that.

#155 7 years ago

Animals are animals.

Nobody cares about cows, pigs and chickens.

'Let's go after the circus!'

PETA's logic is flawed and is fueled by money and power.

Period...

#156 7 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Animals are animals.

Well, that's a tautology. It means literally nothing.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Nobody cares about cows, pigs and chickens.

False, some people clearly do care about them. You're 0 for 2 so far.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

'Let's go after the circus!'

Well, they were going after the elephants actually.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

PETA's logic is flawed

In what way?

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

and is fueled by money

Every organization on earth is fueled by the money that allows it to operate. The money comes from donations by people who apparently agree with its agenda.

Ah yes the monolithic radical vegan lobby, will our government ever escape it's all powerful grasp?

#157 7 years ago

I guess now Pezpunk is taking on PETA's cause. Kinda figures. PETA is nothing more than an organization that is a tool for the radical left. They would shut down all commercial meat production, hunting and fishing if they could under the guise of stopping animal cruelty. The same as the EPA works for "Clean air". I want clean air and ethical treatment of animals as much as everyone else but these people are way off the reservation for a reason. I think I need a steak for dinner.

#159 7 years ago

I'm not a PETA supporter but I would at least like to see accurate or substantive arguments against it, not nonsense.

i am a rabid meat eater and i wear leather. but i do agree with them that elephants are probably too smart to be circus slaves.

#160 7 years ago

I saw my last Ringling//Barnum performance yesterday in Tampa, the Circus Extreme show. It was the weakest of their shows that I've seen. I guess some acts may already be leaving. Didn't really see any animals until the second act. The animals were clearly the real stars and the circus isn't the same with fewer of them. They had a great acrobat feature though. Sadly, they might as well go ahead and close now. I wish my last memories were from last year's show, not this one.

#161 7 years ago

Quoted from pezpunk:I'm not a PETA supporter but I would at least like to see accurate or substantive arguments against it, not nonsense.

2 months later
    #162 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Every organization on earth is fueled by the money that allows it to operate. The money comes from donations by people who apparently agree with its agenda.

Money is donated also from people or companies that have an agenda to manipulate the organization in some manner. Just like companies that donate to politicians or "buy them" to help with future agendas to benefit said companies.

There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-circus-has-closed-barnum-bailey-no-more/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.