Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by CodyF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

What would be the lowest price for pins from the EM, SS, and DMD eras and their respective games? These would be the machines least hit by the high pinball inflation that has been seen over the past few years.

#2 11 years ago

Those would likely be the worst pins from that era.

#3 11 years ago

Hard to say, you see pins on craigslist all the time that should be cheap, but are not. These are the ones that never sell but the seller won't budge on. There has been a Gladiators (which should be in the lower price bracket) on my local CL for the last two years at 1,800$ Price is subjective when it come to condition too.

#4 11 years ago

I think LW3 and Batman Data East are the two cheapest DMD pins out there in my book. A good bang for the buck pin is Roller Games. Great shots and usually under 1200.

#5 11 years ago

I saw a Supersonic go for around the $500 mark. Charlie's Angels (either version) is probably a cheap one as it seems to be in low demand and a lot of them produced. That's what I can think of for SS.

I heard Darling and Jubilee are some cheap 70's EM tables.

#6 11 years ago

Every pin in my inventory both current and past have been bought cheap. At least 7 were free and almost all the rest were 2 bills or less. Guess I've been lucky.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from ChadNC:

I think LW3 and Batman Data East are the two cheapest DMD pins out there in my book. A good bang for the buck pin is Roller Games. Great shots and usually under 1200.

Umm, gottlieb dmds are cheap. Street fighter goes for around $750 these days from what I've seen.

For SS pins, the Premier era Gottliebs go for under 1k consistently. Games like diamond lady, etc.
    After that you can still get sub 1k Sys11 pins. Bad cats, for example.

#8 11 years ago

Fireball home edition sells for under 300 bucks a lot of the time

#9 11 years ago

Cheapest DMD pin?!? STRIKER EXTREME!!! Average price according to Pinside is $600!!! Probably worth more parted out than it is complete...lol

#10 11 years ago

Depends on the game, fun factor, "bang for the buck" factor, who's selling, etc., so there is no real answer to this question. You can always find a really cheap pin that is a lot of fun. EMs can be had for $100-$400 often, and may just need some cleaning up. My last purchase was a Mars Trek (pristine playfield and backglass, plays beautifully, easily 9/10 all over except for the cab, which has a few scrapes and gouges) for $350. It's on location now and will pay for itself within a few months, easily. Also picked up a LAH for $700, beautiful pf and backglass, working fine, for $700. Lots of great SS games for well under $1k too. And if you find a local pin at a garage sale or something, you might get even cheaper prices.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Hard to say, you see pins on craigslist all the time that should be cheap, but are not. These are the ones that never sell but the seller won't budge on. There has been a Gladiators (which should be in the lower price bracket) on my local CL for the last two years at 1,800$ Price is subjective when it come to condition too.

Just sold my Gladiators for $1k, probably one of the cheapest DMD's you can buy but quite frankly is loaded with features too. Condition is subjective as poster states. This one was working 100% and looks decent enough. $1800 is crazy for that machine.

I have a lot of those cheap early SS machines too. Supersonic is a cheapy, Hot Hand, TriZone, Phoenix, World Cup (1978), are all $400-600 machines in good working condition.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Just sold my Gladiators for $1k, probably one of the cheapest DMD's you can buy but quite frankly is loaded with features too. Condition is subjective as poster states. This one was working 100% and looks decent enough. $1800 is crazy for that machine.

I have never had the pleasure of playing it, but yeah 1,800 is way to high.

#14 11 years ago

Fully working Raven was on local CL for longest time for $200! Local Victory sold for $250 needing a few coils. Cheapest I have seen.

#15 11 years ago

Hoe Down = $300. The more it's played with the more it comes alive.

chicago.craigslist.org link

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from fromthepinside:

Charlie's Angels (either version)

When you say 'either version', you mean the SS and EM version? The EM version of this game is quite rare and I'd have thought therefore quite expensive...

EM wise I'd say the 70's Williams stuff with the pointy elbowed artwork is utterly rubbish and, IMO, shouldn't sell for more that $150 fully working... Unless it has zipper flippers, in which case the price tends to go up a bit...

A Raven for $200 is a real bargain, especially working! I'd pay twice that for a working example if I couls find one clos eto me...

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

When you say 'either version', you mean the SS and EM version? The EM version of this game is quite rare and I'd have thought therefore quite expensive...
    EM wise I'd say the 70's Williams stuff with the pointy elbowed artwork is utterly rubbish and, IMO, shouldn't sell for more that $150 fully working... Unless it has zipper flippers, in which case the price tends to go up a bit...
    A Raven for $200 is a real bargain, especially working! I'd pay twice that for a working example if I couls find one clos eto me...

I see that Charlie's Angels EM only had around 350 made. That is rarer than I thought. Seeing all the Youtube videos with the EM version made me think there were more. That would be a bit pricey.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from fromthepinside:

I see that Charlie's Angels EM only had around 350 made. That is rarer than I thought. Seeing all the Youtube videos with the EM version made me think there were more. That would be a bit pricey.

Yes, if you can pick up an EM Charlie's Angels for under $500, you're doing very well

#19 11 years ago

EMs is probably Chicago Coin ( not all of them were bad.) SS you can still get some Gameplan pins cheap and DMDs would be some of the Gottlieb ones. This is just some and not all of them from the companies are cheap or bad games.

#20 11 years ago

Flash ?
    I know the production numbers are very high
    not sure how flat the average price for one has been

#21 11 years ago

Chicago Coin seems like crap...and I want to stick up for Geottlieb, Lights, Camera, Action is a great inexpenxive title with some great features and play...they are a simpler and yes less expenxive game...i just done like the work Cheap for some of my favorite games.

#22 11 years ago

F14
    Wwf

Are some good ones for cheap...not super cheap like spring break and raven haha.

#23 11 years ago

The earlier Wide-bodies seem to be less expensive.
    And the Gottlieb Premiere series is consistently very inexpensive.
    The Data East games are pretty fun, and not terribly expensive, either, but parts are a little harder to source.

#24 11 years ago

Get a Mr pinball priceguide or bostonpinball.biz and browse through them all. Prices may vary but it will give you great ballpark Idea of were to start.

Best of luck in your hunt for a new pin.

#25 11 years ago

The 80's Gottliebs Premier pins are all fun to play, and can be had for around 500.

#26 11 years ago

Baywatch, although I think it is has been going up in value.

#27 11 years ago

EM wise, definently the Chicago Coin ones. One look at those playfields and you can tell that pinball was not Chicago Coin's top priority.

For machines that have the alphanumeric display, the Gottlieb Premier ones of the 80's. Gotta love the crazy playfield layout and obvious homage translites.

#28 11 years ago

Shaq Attaq is a pretty cheap DMD game. Usually under $1k.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from L_satan:

And the Gottlieb Premiere series is consistently very inexpensive.

It saddens me because my Genesis is a really easy, fun, addicting machine to play, but they are very inexpensive.

Here's a Genesis in very good condition, great condition ramps even, that sold with a single bid for $425 just a few days ago. I would have picked it up myself if I was in LA, good condition ramps can sell for $200 themselves easy.

ebay.com link: Genesis Gottlieb Pinball Machine By Premier Excellent Working Condition

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cheapest-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.