Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 5.41.51?PM (resized).png
Loterie.gif
SeaFood 4.gif
PK Meow.gif
20240107_192349 (resized).jpg
New location (resized).jpg
IMG_20231223_143302.jpg
QR-code (resized).png
TCM_JP1.0_GameDifficultySettingTable_20231214.pdf (PDF preview)
Paws_BadCats (resized).jpg
Picky Kitty.gif
Picky_Kitty (resized).png
LED Lamp (resized).jpg
Whats up (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PROJECT ANNOUNCEMENT Posted by idealjoker (1 year ago)

Post #139 GAMEPLAY VIDEO -- Rules Selection at Game Start Posted by idealjoker (1 year ago)

Post #143 [obsolete manual section --- please ignore] Posted by idealjoker (1 year ago)

Post #164 GAMEPLAY VIDEO: Easy rules Posted by idealjoker (10 months ago)

Post #189 GAMEPLAY VIDEO: Hard Rules Posted by idealjoker (7 months ago)

Post #199 GAMEPLAY VIDEO: Lighting the doghouse Posted by idealjoker (7 months ago)

Post #264 RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT (JP-1.0) Posted by idealjoker (4 months ago)

Post #267 COMPETITION: Find the Easter Egg Posted by idealjoker (4 months ago)

Post #287 JP-1.0 GAME MANUAL -- Start Button Menu, Game Rules and Cat Nap Posted by idealjoker (4 months ago)

Post #291 JP-1.0 GAME MANUAL - Game Adjustment Procedure Posted by idealjoker (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago

Following, and definitely interested in beta testing for you when the time comes. I have a ROM burner and was also able to help debug some nuances with Slochar's Flight2K rewrite when that was underway.

I'd almost suggest trying to use the trashcan "lock" for a multiball enhancement BUT I presume that is far too ambitious! I think your listed enhancements are a great starting point toward getting this game some increased love.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

I am not sure that this is physically possible. It depends on how the outhole-kicker mech deals with double drains. If it is at all possible that both balls get kicked into the shooter lane at the same time then it cannot be done... I experimented a bit with this when I was changing a 2-ball into a 3-ball game. It can be done, but I have not found an elegant way of doing it. And Bad Cats is an elegant game.

Well to be fair that's why I conceded it would be "ambitious" and no harm no foul, ha ha.

I totally get where you're coming from and previously pondered some of those points... but stranger things have been done on other games so I figured what the hey not trying to force you. But I did always find it odd that BC was a rare single-ball game for the era, even though two "locks" were available via trashcan and/or doghouse (granted, other hardware & logic would be needed to implement either but you get my drift).

As for potential MB rules, given its relative simplicity BC seems more inclined to the classic "2X scoring!" bit and that would be easiest to implement. But in trying to imagine the balls as cats I couldn't help comparing them to my own pair of furred morons, and their odd behaviors such as "chase zoomies" and stalk-attacking each other, among other things. So I thought it would be fun if you had timed shots during MB such as: one ball enters the trash lock, and the other ball / next switch hit immediately is the fish-target for "stalk jackpot". Send one per each ramp in succession for "zoomie award". Send both into the doghouse to "hide from the owner". Etc etc... so you could flail around for 2X scoring, BUT if you pull off some fancy feline flipper skills, you could get hidden timed awards.

Again I realize this is all super ambitious and a LOT to chew and execute, with a ton of logic to recode, so no judgement at all. Just fun to imagine is all. Grateful to have any enhancements w/o MB!

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

There are several games for future projects on my list. Top of my list are those with unused hardware.

You should add Diner to your list: it specifies three balls and even has extra switches in the subway lock, but one is never used. In addition to trying to crack a 3B mode, you could also look into things like only qualifying full drop banks if you first hit the specific items each character requests (and/or add more callouts so the characters all ask for different things instead of the same ones each time).

Buuuuut only after Bad Cats of course!

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from slochar:

Changing the voices though unless the sound bite is already there for other food items.... just not gonna work.

Yeah that's the real mountain in the concept. It's not like how you re-did F2K by re-using existing speech-synth code and signals, and plugged into available ROM space. I'm sure the "other foods by other voices" callouts probably don't exist, so you'd have to create them, hope there's rom space for them, and then remap the logic to those addresses, hand in hand with rules. A big task for sure! But that lack of randomess and importance of the requests is Diner's biggest weakness, moreso than "they didn't use the 3rd ball" IMO. If the characters asked for random stuff it would open the challenge/rules/modes quite a bit. As it is, the callouts mean nothing: doesn't matter that they asked for (the always same) anything or even what's lit: you clear the banks to progress either way.

Anyway, much as I love chewing on this prospect for Diner's future, don't mean to clutter a BC thread with it, oops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-cat-s-meow-a-new-home-rom-for-bad-cats?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.