3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bud
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

This whole concept is a bad idea. It is not a big deal to download code and transfer it to my machine, I don’t need a fancy subscription to to it. So let’s just take that away from the argument.

As an operator, this concepts dips into the already dwindling profit margins of operating pinball.

A company shouldn’t have to depend on a self licking ice cream cone for revenue. It’s wild enough how much pins cost now days, there is plenty of “incentive” to make and support a product. In fact, there is a void that can be filled right now by supporting a product. Quality control/product need attention. I don’t believe the “support” backbone should be based on promise of continuous code updates.

Code updates shouldn’t cost anything, if the game was working/playing like it should have been then it wouldn’t need an update. With that said, I’d rather pay a flat rate for a code update then be on the hook of subscription payments for unknowns.

I think what people are not counting is the fact that a lot of other consumers will buy a product that might be questionable. The reputation and history of a company may indicate the consumer will be made whole.

When I buy a machine, I want it to be mine, I don’t want to pay for any bull chit leases or support.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-case-for-dlc-and-subscription-based-pinball-the-devils-advocate-?tu=Bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.