(Topic ID: 69746)

The Bubble Has Burst?

By galagamaster

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beat-a-dead-horse-galaga.jpg
    original.0.jpeg
    #1 10 years ago

I think the bubble has burst with PPS re-making MM and possible other WPC 95 games people are scrambling to sell there MM games while there still worth something there was 3 different MM FOR SALE ON craigslist,Minnesota THIS WEEKEND FOR AN AVERAGE OF $7500-8200 took a couple days to sell too. And one of the biggest local Dealerships is selling his own MM for $9,500 HE has had it in his collection forever?
    So the big question is Would you rather have a NIB MM with all the bells and whistles plus a warranty for $7,995 or
    Do you want a 17 yr.old routed beater for the same price? I think it's obvious and that's why the "BUBBLE HAS BURST"

#2 10 years ago

Wow, it's been almost a few days since a "bubble bursting" thread.

And a few days since a MM price thread.

#3 10 years ago

WTB: MM $20

#4 10 years ago

I like how ONE game has caused some people to lose their shit lol.

If you enjoyed your MM before the remake announcement, it's strange that all of the sudden you don't enjoy it anymore and want it out of your house.

If someone locally was selling a MM for $7k or so...ya know - I'd probably buy it just so I had one to play until my MMr showed up lol

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

If you enjoyed your MM before the remake announcement, it's strange that all of the sudden you don't enjoy it anymore and want it out of your house.

If someone locally was selling a MM for $7k or so...ya know - I'd probably buy it just so I had one to play until my MMr showed up lol

Because despite what most people say here, its ALL about the $$$ and what they think there pins are worth.....too many people just line em up in a row and just look at them

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Because despite what most people say here, its ALL about the $$$ and what they think there pins are worth.....too many people just line em up in a row and just look at them

I love to stack mine up and ignore them.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Goodbye lookers, hello players!

#8 10 years ago

market sets the price........don't like it, don't buy it........will bring new people to pinball......$8, 000 is a dEaL!.......ShelBy kObra.......basSBAaaaalll kArDZ......ToP RAteDd pin of All TImes.........neW elEkTRONiks.....twvb......w......wrevtw.......Fits and FINSiheZ...3wvrw..

alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a soMEThing sOMEthINg

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from galagamaster:

So the big question is Would you rather have a NIB MM with all the bells and whistles plus a warranty for $7,995 or
    Do you want a 17 yr.old routed beater for the same price?

I'll keep the MM I bought for half the price of the copy. Personal preference but I'll always seek out original games.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fatsquatch:

market sets the price........don't like it, don't buy it........will bring new people to pinball......$8, 000 is a dEaL!.......ShelBy kObra.......basSBAaaaalll kArDZ......ToP RAteDd pin of All TImes.........neW elEkTRONiks.....twvb......w......wrevtw.......Fits and FINSiheZ...3wvrw..
    alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a DUll Boy..........alL WErk an KnoW pLAY maKEs fATsquaCTHes a soMEThing sOMEthINg

You should know better then to type when your drinking and playing pinball.

#11 10 years ago

PM Sent.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

You should know better then to type when your drinking and playing pinball.

fatsquatches has finally...cracked....

too many talkings of Madness and prices and bubbles and burstings...

must lay down now....

mommy?

#13 10 years ago

The A lister pins are a tumblin' huh? That's why I am storing my gold in the form of System 11 pins. Forecast says those will continue a slow creep upwards

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Actually, it is about money, but not just in what people think their pins are worth.

Just to keep it simple-

1. How far can the market support the price increases? (JJP has set the new price at 9k, and 10k by Christmas is no longer a joke.)

With these new price increases, people look at their pins not as an investment, but as an opportunity to later trade them in to get a new one. Resale values are depreciating at such a huge rate, it is getting more and more difficult to sell and purchase a new pin with the proceeds from your sale.

Huge NIB increases - Huge resale decreases = Different market

#15 10 years ago

It was the moops.

original.0.jpegoriginal.0.jpeg

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Huge NIB increases - Huge resale decreases = Different market

You got that right..........however, if it is proven that there is a huge market for NIB pins in the 9k range then I'm damn sure a lot dumber than I look! After 3 yrs of watching this pinball evolution/revolution the time has come, 2014/2015, when we find out where its all really headed......

An absolute ton of inventory crashing the market and these guys think the party never ends and the road goes on forever

#17 10 years ago

Sure why not

#18 10 years ago

I think the bubble has burst with PPS re-making MM and possible other WPC 95 games people are scrambling to sell there MM games while there still worth something there was 3 different MM FOR SALE ON craigslist,Minnesota THIS WEEKEND FOR AN AVERAGE OF $7500-8200 took a couple days to sell too. And one of the biggest local Dealerships is selling his own MM for $9,500 HE has had it in his collection forever?
    Do you want a 17 yr.old routed beater for the same price? I think it's obvious and that's why the "BUBBLE HAS BURST"

Rather have an original, which I have. It's routed of course but not a beater.
    Originals will always be a preference.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Originals will always be a preference.

For you. But for some of us who are not collectors and just want to have fun that is not the case.

#20 10 years ago

Assuming the new game plays just as well as the original, I would much prefer to own the new game.

#21 10 years ago

the "BUBBLE HAS BURST"

$8K MSRP???

No, the bubble has not burst. Not even close!

#22 10 years ago

LEDs? New pf, hell, new everything! Every last nut and bolt. New technology? Pfft.

Your right. Older models with 10 lbs of circuit boards and old and restored parts are better. What were we thinking.

#23 10 years ago

We have been seeing the market adjust for the past several months now - look at all the pins here that would have been snatched up still for sale. The new machines and price increases are going to stabalize prices, which is a great thing if you're a player, although a bad thing if you're a speculator.

#24 10 years ago

Since there is a bubble, and 'it burst' does that mean that pins are now gonna start being foreclosed on?

(NO, because pins are paid for with CASH)

#25 10 years ago

beat-a-dead-horse-galaga.jpgbeat-a-dead-horse-galaga.jpg
    #26 10 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

1. How far can the market support the price increases? (JJP has set the new price at 9k, and 10k by Christmas is no longer a joke.)..

I think the golden goose is about to be slayed when it comes to poorly produced video backglass animations. I think the novelty of WOZ is starting to die down and I don't expect anyone who sat on their thumb while waiting 2 years for a NIB is going to say it's not worth 9 grand. But I havent played it. Maybe a long tongue comes out the coin return when you meet a certain goal. Now with stern bringing a new controller to the table and the LED revolution, I can see where there will be another nocturnal emission, but surely a bunch of photoshopped images being lit differently isn't going to revolutionize the game.

The growth in pinball is in first time buyers. I just sold a waterworld and a mini simulator to a guy who was on the verge of buying a new star trek. When he saw he could get those two machines for around 3 grand, he has very happy he didn't order the ST. Newbs don't care nearly as much about the theme and rules as the care about how the game feels when they play it and NOT having to work on it. I'm a newb and I can tell you that the days of lining up a 6 different Stern SAM games in your basement are O V E R! That was a result an industry in transition.

You know the old saying about the happiest 2 days in owning a boat still applies to most pin owners that can't keep their machines up and running. Of course I'm talking about the days you buy it and sell it.

OTOH, people who keep their pin(s) at the ready seem to enjoy them with some regularity and frequency.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from MTPPC:

I'm a newb and I can tell you that the days of lining up a 6 different Stern SAM games in your basement are O V E R!

Ya know - even if whittled down my collection to 10 or less...I'd still try to hang onto 6 Sterns over many other 'classics' - FGY, Tron LE, AC/DC Prem, LOTR, TSPP, and Metallica LE

#28 10 years ago

Dear God! this kind of talk mimics a freaked out Jersey girl! There is no need to panic, life will be alright. Live Aloha.

#29 10 years ago

Yes, the bubble has burst badly beyond all repair. I have 10K and will come buy your collection as soon as you PM me an address. I am your only chance if you wish to recover part of your "INVESTMENT". Just think of the price threads and bubble threads that could be started with 10K!

#30 10 years ago

<dickmode> Hey guys, did you know that a company was re-making Medieval Madness? </dickmode>

#31 10 years ago

The bubble is not even close to bursting. In fact, I would argue the MMR is going to pump more money into the industry than ever before. The bubble will burst, but we are 2-3 years away..........it will be right after the 3rd remake hits the market. I love bubble threads

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-bubble-has-burst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.