(Topic ID: 63688)

The Brokentoken Classic Arcade & Pinball podcast is now live!!

By EightBitWhit

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-44_(resized).jpg
    Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-43_(resized).jpg
    Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-42_(resized).jpg
    ghostbuster-logo_(resized).jpg
    Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-41_(resized).jpg
    Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-40_(resized).jpg
    Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-39_(resized).jpg
    Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-LAX2016_(resized).jpg
    Deadpool-Thumbs-Up.jpg
    Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-38_(resized).jpg
    siskel-and-ebert2_(resized).jpg
    Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-37_(resized).jpg
    Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-35.jpg
    Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-34.jpg
    Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-33.jpg
    WP_20150801_17_41_34_Pro_Custom.jpg

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know that Brent Griffith (TTA583 here on Pinside and KLOV) and I (brokent0ken on KLOV) have started a monthly classic arcade and pinball podcast!

We’ve just released our first episode and would appreciate everyone giving us a listen.

The podcast will feature a rolling combination of tech talk, operator and industry history, collecting and restoration stories, gameroom updates, forum news and interview segments. We’ll mix it up a bit to keep it interesting and engaging while keeping the format flowing. Our goal is to keep the content split pretty 50/50 on vid/pin discussion/segments, even though our first episode was mostly related to vids.

We’re very informal - it’s really just two guys talking about the hobby we love. Episode 2 starts recording next week and will feature our first in-studio guest. Expect the podcast to have a selection of regular and semi-regular guests and interviews, all providing their views and insight into the hobby.

===== FEED INFO FOR FINDING THE SHOW =====

You can find us on the iTunes store at the link below. It will work if you have an iOS device or are using iTunes locally on your PC or Mac.
    http://itunes.brokentoken.com
    We’d appreciate any reviews/feedback on iTunes, as well – let us know what you think!

We're on Stitcher Radio as well - listen to the podcast on-demand from your iOS & Android devices or using the Stitcher plug-in for Chrome & Firefox.
    http://stitcher.brokentoken.com

This is the main podcast feed which can be used in any podcast client on your iOS, Android or Windows Phone device or desktop client.
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/brokentokenpodcast

You can directly download the show right from our website.
    http://www.brokentoken.com

Once we’ve got a few episodes under our belt and have a good flow, we’ll take twitter questions (@brokentoken) and eventually want to do live streams from some of the events that either Brent or I (or both) attend.

You can always contact us at ‘[email protected]’ or leave us a voice mail at 470-2CALLBT (470-222-5528)
    Please subscribe to the podcast so you can keep up with the current episode!

Thanks a lot!
    Whitney and Brent

Post edited by BrokenToken: 1st edit - Added Stitcher Radio info; 2nd edit - updated contact e-mail address.; 3rd edit - updated podcast e-mail address and voicemail phone number.

#2 10 years ago

Subbed on iTunes, but I prefer Stitcher so keep that coming. Looking forward to checking it out!

#4 10 years ago

Hey, I know 2 famous guys now.

#5 10 years ago

Awesome Whitney!

#6 10 years ago

Thanks guys! Brent & I really do appreciate the good words and support!

#7 10 years ago

Downloading now.....1 hour and 45 minutes of goodness here I come

#8 10 years ago

Great show fellas...quote of the show for me

"Once you get the silverball in your blood...man...it doesn't let go!"

looking forward to the next one

#9 10 years ago

Sweet jmule123! I'm glad you liked it. We're pretty down-home (as you can tell by the music and the way I talk) but we'll be ramping it up over the next several episodes. Getting the first one on the books is always the hardest!

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Subbed on iTunes, but I prefer Stitcher so keep that coming. Looking forward to checking it out!

We're now live on Stitcher - http://stitcher.brokentoken.com will get you right to our Stitcher page.

Thanks!

#11 10 years ago

Having a desk job, i love podcasts...especially pinball ones, i will check it out.

#12 10 years ago

Right on, just subscribed! Thanks for the reminder.

1 week later
    #13 10 years ago

Good deal guys - we appreciate you checking out the podcast and subscribing!

Brent and I just wrapped recording on episode #2 a couple nights back and are in full-on edit mode right now. Shouldn't be too much longer now on the release.

#14 10 years ago

Good to hear. First episodes are always a bit of a departure because so much background information is involved. I kept trying to piece together your collections in my head, and then later in the episode you mention having too many games to list off. Looking forward to hearing some 'meat' about games in the new show!

#15 10 years ago

Yeah, we both have a lot of games. I'd say that each of us are easily 25+ on the vids and 5+ on the pins. We've talked about putting our collection list on the website, so we'll get that up at some point soon. I think it's a good thing to have for reference and it helps to fill out the discussion.

#16 10 years ago

First podcast was great...looking forward to listening to the next one when it becomes available.

Don, have you finally received your WOZ yet? I know you guys have said, you usually have something big to share after a show is posted.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

First podcast was great...looking forward to listening to the next one when it becomes available.
    Don, have you finally received your WOZ yet? I know you guys have said, you usually have something big to share after a show is posted.

haha... I posted something about it on our site yesterday... *wink*

#18 10 years ago

Congrats Don....I know you have been going through an emotional roller coaster for more than 2 years before finally getting your WOZ.

2 weeks later
    #19 10 years ago

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that episode #2 is now live!

You can grab it here directly from the website - http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-02-lay-a-strap-to-it/

The iTunes and Stitcher feeds should be updated soon.

Thanks everyone for the good words and subscribing - Brent & I hope you all enjoy the new episode!

#20 10 years ago

Sweet! I was just refreshing my feed today looking for it!

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

Sweet! I was just refreshing my feed today looking for it!

Fantastic! I hope you enjoy the episode!

#22 10 years ago

The two hour segment on ratchet straps has motived me to try for a three hour bit on appliance dollies for our next episode.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

The two hour segment on ratchet straps has motived me to try for a three hour bit on appliance dollies for our next episode.

Yeah, we really love our ratchet straps. I'm not sure there's enough for 3 hours of content on dollies, but we'll give it a shot.

1 week later
    #24 10 years ago

Hey gang, Brent and I are recording for episode #3 tomorrow night! We've been getting in some great e-mails and if there's anything you'd like to send our way - good or bad - for the show then e-mail us at '[email protected]'

Thanks!!

3 weeks later
    #25 10 years ago

Episode #03 just went live and can be found here - http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/all-you-mead-is-a-good-notebook/

All other feeds should be updated shortly.

Thanks a lot for the feedback and we hope you enjoy the new episode!

3 weeks later
    #26 10 years ago

We are recording for episdoe #04 tonight gang! Anything specific you want us to cover or touch on?

1 week later
    #27 10 years ago

Hey everyone,

Episode 04 of the podcast is now live! You can download it directly from the site - http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/you-say-firepower-i-say-firepower/

The iTunes and Stitcher feeds should update within the next several hours, as well, so you should see the new episode pop up in iTunes and mobile clients just in time for some solid Christmas eve entertainment!

Merry Christmas and thanks so much for supporting the show!

2 weeks later
    #28 10 years ago

Hey everyone, Brent and I are recording for episode #05 tonight, so post up if you've got any questions or comments! We'd love to hear 'em!

1 week later
    #29 10 years ago

Hey everyone, wanted to let you know that we are just about done with post-edits on episode #05! Should have it posted in a day or two tops!

#30 10 years ago

Ok everyone, we just published Episode #05! - http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-05-whos-bugging-us-now/

It's a pretty epic episode - Brent and I hammered out over six hours of content this month and it was a blast!

We've got a great interview lined up this month with a video walk-thru of one of the nicest private pinball collection we've seen in years.

Be sure to check out the cameo from Charlie & Bug from the Spooky Pinball Podcast and the outtakes as well!

Thanks a lot for listening and we hope you enjoy the show!

3 weeks later
    #31 10 years ago

OK gang, wanted to let you know that episode #06 of the podcast is now live and available directly from the website here - http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-06-what-time-pilot-is-it/

iTunes and Stitcher feeds should update shortly.

Brent and I mix it up a bit this month and structure the show around the first of a few upcoming editorial segments that are born out of listener feedback. We hope you enjoy the content and the format this month. We are listening to everyone's input and trying some new things based on what people are asking for, so keep the input coming!

If you are going to be in town for the Louisville Arcade Expo, then be sure to drop by our booth and give us your feedback on the podcast! We'd love to talk to everyone and will do our best to make time for everyone that stops by!

Thanks!

1 week later
    #32 10 years ago

Hey everyone, we've just posted a mid-month 'mini-episode' that we'll call 'Episode 06a' that details the notable events and seminars at the 2014 Louisville Arcade Expo that's being held this weekend 3/7 - 3/9.

We hope that everyone enjoys the 'show between shows' and that you give a warm welcome to my 8-year old daughter, as she eagerly sat in for Brent on this episode and gives us all a pretty decent ear-full on what was great about the expo last year and why it's a must-attend this year.

She's got a pretty good sense of humor as well, as she poked a bit of fun with her old man with the outtakes at the end of the episode as well!

We hope to see as many listeners as possible over this weekend, so please stop by our booth and chat with Brent, Kristy and me for a bit!!

You can go ahead and stream or download the episode directly from the website here - http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-6a-the-kid-in-all-of-us/

iTunes and Stitcher feeds should update shortly.

Thanks a lot for listening!

3 weeks later
    #33 10 years ago

FYI that episode #07(a) of the podcast has just been released and is available for download or streaming directly from our website -

http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-07a-2014-louisville-arcade-expo-friday-night-livestream-show/

iTunes and Stitcher feeds should update overnight, so let me know if you have any issues there.

This is the first of 3 ‘special episodes’ that encompasses our coverage of the 2014 Louisville Arcade Expo.

This show was recorded Friday night, March 7th 2014 and includes live coverage from the expo floor, a daily recap of the show (with tons of banter, discussion and fun) and sit-in guest interviews from show participants. We catch up with Ed Lutz (interviewed in Episode 02), Geoff Schunerle (interviewed in Episode 03), local collector Jason Bradley and Travis Sims from Arcade Rescue 911. To wrap it all up, we even have a special visit from Brent’s niece as she sits in for a bit and gives us all the ‘expert’ view from the perspective that really matters.

We’ll also be releasing the Saturday night livestream show (with special guests John Trudeau, Preston Burt from Gameroom Junkies Arcade & Pinball Podcast and Phoebe Smith, more family members and friends of the show - just to name a few!) along with our special coverage of the John Trudeau and Python Anghelo discussion panel. Be sure to check back for those episodes to be posted soon!

Join in on the fun and relive the action of the expo! Brent and I proceed to talk ourselves hoarse over all the activity of the show, but it was a fantastic time and we look forward to bringing more live events to the show over time.

Let us know what you think - send us an e-mail ([email protected]) or leave us a voicemail at 470-2CALLBT!

Thanks for listening and GAME ON!

#34 10 years ago

3 Episodes from the Louisville Arcade Expo - crazy. A trilogy of listening. Thanks for the hard work guys.

#35 9 years ago

FYI that we've released episode 07b of the show! This is the 2nd in our series of three livestream shows from the 2014 Louisville Arcade Expo.

http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-07b-2014-louisville-arcade-expo-saturday-night-livestream-show/

This show was recorded Saturday night, March 8th 2014 and includes live coverage from the expo floor, a daily recap of the show (with tons of banter, discussion and fun) and some very special sit-in guest interviews.

We have the privilege of talking with legendary Pinball designer John Trudeau, Preston Burt from the Gameroom Junkies Arcade & Pinball Podcast (who traveled up from Atlanta to visit the expo) and Phoebe Smith, plus a couple of 'very special' friends of the show sit in and tell us like they see it.

So from Pinball designers, to fellow podcasters to artists and everyone in-between, we've got the topic of pinball very well-covered, and we hope everyone enjoys this fantastic round of discussion and insight into the industry.

Join in on the fun and relive the action of the expo! Brent, Kristi and I proceed to talk ourselves hoarse (again.... and for a second day in a row - we were hurting units by the end of the night)....over all the activity of the show, but it was a fantastic time and we look forward to bringing more live events to the show over time.

Let us know what you think - send us an e-mail ([email protected]) or leave us a voicemail at 470-2CALLBT!

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

3 Episodes from the Louisville Arcade Expo - crazy. A trilogy of listening. Thanks for the hard work guys.

Oh, no worries at all Matt - it's our pleasure to do it. Check out episode 07b that we just released (above). Almost 1.5 hours of discussion with John Trudeau alone... it was pretty epic.

2 weeks later
    #37 9 years ago

FYI to everyone that we've now got all of the audio and video processed for what is our last episode covering the 2014 Louisville Arcade Expo.

This episode is a real treat, as we get time with both John Trudeau as well as Python Anghelo. John reviews a slide show with highlights from his career and the games he has worked on over the years and talks quite a bit about the new Mustang pinball from Stern (which he designed).

We then bring Python into the interview via a Skype video call where John and Python talk very candidly about Python's time in the industry.

This is all that much more poignant, as this wound up being Python's last public appearance before his passing on April 9th, 2014.

We want to thank Jeremy, Matt & Joe at the Louisville Arcade Expo, John Trudeau for his wonderful content and overseeing this opportunity as well as James Loflin for his help coordinating the schedule with Python. If I've left anyone out, it is completely unintentional and please accept our apologies.

The special audio presentation is available directly on our site -

http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-07c-2014-louisville-arcade-expo-johntrudeau-pythonanghelo/

The video of the seminar session is also available directly as well.

#38 9 years ago

Good work guys, once again.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Good work guys, once again.

Thank you sir - much appreciated!

#40 9 years ago

This is awesome. Many thanks to everyone involved in putting this historic event together -- and thanks for sharing it with us.

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

This is awesome. Many thanks to everyone involved in putting this historic event together -- and thanks for sharing it with us.

Hey Joel - thanks a lot for saying such! We're really happy to hear that you enjoyed the seminar - it was truly something special. It was a privilege to work on it.

#42 9 years ago

FYI that we've posted up episode #08 of the podcast!

I'm a couple days late on updating the thread, but that means that all the feeds are already updated and ready to go. The episode can be directly downloaded from the site as well - http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-08-chairkon-the-show-of/

Brent and I put a wrap on some current projects and offer some final thoughts on our last resto/refurb projects as well as the Louisville Arcade Expo. We include our interview with Kevin Kulek of Skit-B pinball as well as talk about current restoration parts news and Brent does a 'mini' deep-dive on PCB acid damage repair and discuss our next upcoming live broadcast of the show (details in the next reply, so we can keep all the info in one place).

We also play some listener voicemail on our new line and offer up our first 'listener choice' poll. We want everyone to have a say in a portion of the shows content and this will be a way to help us have some fun at the same time. I walked through Brent's garage and picked out 4 potential resto/refurb project and we want you to tell us what Brent will work on next!

Head over here on our site to see pictures of the options (Burgertime, Ladybug, Space Duel & Tron) and to vote - http://www.brokentoken.com/polls/listener-choice-poll-you-pick-brents-next-project/

We'll run the poll through midnight Friday May 16th, and then we'll get Brent to work and detail the entire process on the show, on the website and on our FB page.

Thanks a lot for listening and the continued feedback! GAME ON!

1 week later
    #43 9 years ago

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that Brent and I were interviewed by JP from the 'Adam & JP Show' and our interview is featured in episodes #03 & #04 of the "I'm not famous" show, which is one of their new podcasts. The show name is pretty fitting considering Brent and I are pretty much about as 'not famous' as it gets.

http://www.adamandjp.com/#!im-not-famous/c199t

If you are after some 'show between the show' content, then please give it a listen.

Thanks!

3 weeks later
    #44 9 years ago

Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-09.jpgBrokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-09.jpg

http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-09-batavia-bound-and-down/

We break from the mold a bit this month and feature 3 special guests along with a whole bevy of pinball talk and arcade game updates. Brent and I go on a road trip to attend a Python Anghelo tribute party where we play all kinds of classic, modern and A-list pinball titles at the home of Phoebe and Larry Smith. I buy shaker motors and we watch some masters at the silverball totally own Attack From Mars.

We put local collector Steve Ridge and his son Michael in front of the microphone and talk about their involvement in the hobby (as well as them also attending Phoebe’s party) and we then have a very special interview segment with Luke Dyson.

You probably know Luke as ‘Tronic’ on the KLOV forums where he has been the driving force behind the reproduction Atari Quantum PCB’s and is now working on reproducing Major Havoc’s PCB, as well. If you’ve ever wanted to know what goes on behind the scenes to reverse engineer a PCB and then make a working copy, then you’ll definitely want to hear this interview.

Add in some gameroom updates, current Pinball and arcade news, reproduction parts updates and more outtakes than you can shake an Atari cabinet at, and you’ve got episode 09 of the podcast!

4 weeks later
    #45 9 years ago

Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-10.jpgBrokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-10.jpg

http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-10-live-from-the-place-retro-arcade-with-john-salter-and-estel-goffinet/

Happy Summer everyone! Last month, Brent and I were fortunate enough to be invited up to “The Place, Retro Arcade” in Cincinnati OH to do a live broadcast from owner Cary Chaney’s family arcade where we sit in and talk gaming, world-records and marathon preparation with two of the “arcade marathon alumni” – John Salter and Estel Goffinet.

What ensued from there is nothing short of “an experience”. After working out the logistics with Cary, we packed up our gear in Brent’s truck, hitched to my trailer (I was hoping to bring home a game) and hit the road to Cincinnati. We ran into truck troubles, trailer troubles, me being (very) sick and farm animals on the freeway. In the end, we persevered and were greeted with fantastic hospitality and our guests are nothing short of amazing.

The guys easily put up with me losing my voice part-way through the episode…I wound up getting pretty sick after-the-fact, so Brent wound up carrying this one over the line and conducted a fantastic panel discussion with both John, Estel and Cary.

Although this episode breaks a bit from our normal format, we really hope you enjoy it and would love to hear feedback if you’d like to hear more of this type of content in future shows! Just hit up our ‘Contact’ page or shoot us an e-mail at ‘[email protected]’! We’d love to hear from you!

oh yeah – keep an eye out for some additional content being released in the next couple of weeks, as we begin recording for Episode #11 (which will be MASSIVE – fair warning on that now…) and release content from the Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo! We’ll be working in conjunction with Preston & Patrick from the Gameroom Junkies podcast as well as Jonathan Leung from the Arcade Repair Tips podcast to bring you “wall-to-wall” coverage of the many panel discussions, podcasting sessions and impromptu photo sessions (and photo bombs!) from the expo. It was nothing short of EPIC.

3 weeks later
    #46 9 years ago

Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-11.jpgBrokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-11.jpg

Hey everyone, we've published ep. 11 of the podcast!

http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-11-live-from-sfge-2014-pimp-your-ride-creating-custom-vids-and-pins/

This is part of our coverage of the Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo coverage and we are privileged to be be able to bring you some of the show panel discussion content!

In this episode, we sit down and talk up the inspiration/development/business aspects of creating custom arcade and pinball titles and speak to four of the most-qualified people in the segment about how they go about their work.

We also get to witness the live announcement by Paul Kiefert (one of the panelists) from Circus Maximus in regards to the (re)release of "Python's Pinball Circus" as he shows the first-ever glimpses of playfield components and some small whitewood examples that give some pretty deep insight as to how the game is developing.

It was a rousing session with lots of audience interaction and the excitement level was high at the end due to the announcement, so sit back and enjoy the fun and get ready to learn a few things at the same time!

Also of note that we are releasing this content in conjunction with the Gameroom Junkies podcast and the Arcade Repair Tips podcast, as all SFGE content is spread across all three podcast feeds. I'll update the list below to keep track of other SFGE-related episodes as they are released on the other feeds:

Episode 39 – Southern-Fried Fun Part 1
    http://gameroomjunkies.com/index.php/2014/06/26/podcast-episode-39-southern-fried-fun-part-1/

Episode 40 – Southern-Fried Fun Part 2 with Billy Mitchell
    http://gameroomjunkies.com/index.php/2014/07/01/podcast-episode-40-southern-fried-fun-part-2-with-billy-mitchell/

Episode 41 – Southern Fried Fun with Barry Oursler and John Trudeau -
    http://gameroomjunkies.com/index.php/2014/07/18/podcast-episode-41-southern-fried-fun-with-barry-oursler-and-john-trudeau/

QA Podcast – Episode 42
    http://www.arcaderepairtips.com/2014/07/16/qa-podcast-episode-42/

1 week later
    #47 9 years ago

Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-12.jpgBrokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-12.jpg

Hey everyone, episode #12 of the podcast is now live!

http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-12-live-from-sfge-2014-talking-with-the-arcade-legends-panel-discussion-2/

In this episode, we are live from the Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo in Atlanta, GA where we have the privilege of hosting a panel discussion with several of the “Arcade Legends” in the scene today.

We delve into many topics on this panel and cover everything from what it takes to be a world-class gamer, to the inspiration behind the Twin Galaxies trading card program to some insight into the production of the movie “The King of Arcades” by Richie Knucklez.

We cover a lot of ground, so get ready for some really insightful discussion!
    This wraps our coverage of SFGE, but be sure to refer to our previous post for links to all of the other show content. More is one the way from the other podcasts that were present at the show, so be sure to keep checking their feeds as well!

1 week later
    #48 9 years ago

Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-13.jpgBrokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-13.jpg

Episode 13 of the podcast is now live and ready to go!

http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-13-the-salter-files-chapter-02/

This episode was recorded live on-location at “The Place, Retro Arcade” on June 28th, 2014.

Brent takes the show back on the road and sets up shop to cover a portion of the world-record attempt (and later success) of Estel Goffinet on his Kicker high score and marathon run. We are fortunate enough to have John Salter sit back in for co-host duty (I still had only half a voice at that point, and join in via Skype for a portion of the show) and we also have David from PinballToppers.com sit in and talk about how he got into the hobby and what his future plans are for his business (some of which was discussed on the show are now coming to fruition – check his site!!)

Needless to say, I’m still “all-in” for a Super Zapper topper for my Tempest!

We hope you enjoy the lively discussion and insight into the marathon-setting process and the pinball topper business!

We’ll be back in the studio for episode 14 so until then, thanks for listening and GAME ON!

#49 9 years ago

*WHEW* We are finally caught up - episode #14 is now live!

Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-14a.jpgBrokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-14a.jpg

http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-14-someone-got-a-smoking-deal/

Brent and I return to the studio after several “shows on the road” as we settle back in front of the microphone and catch up on happenings since our last studio episode…which by my count is actually three episodes back… man… time does fly.

We recount the happenings from a few of our Cincinnati road trips as well as our closing thoughts on the 2014 edition of the Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo. We also catch up on our latest acquisitions – which actually turned out to be far more than I think either of us expected - and we read through a good amount of listener e-mail and feedback, as well as talk about some of the latest news and discuss some reproduction parts. Keep the feedback coming as we really appreciate it and it helps the show tremendously!

As we gear up for our big 1-year anniversary show, we have our first contest in this episode! Make sure to listen towards the end of the episode for the rules. One thing of note is that when we originally recorded the show, we put a contest-close date a few weeks out from that recording time, but life gets in the way sometimes and we were delayed in getting this episode out, so we’ve revised the contest deadline to now be midnight, August 31st!

Be sure to submit your entry via our voice-mail line at 470-2CALLBT (470-222-5528)!

Want to see what’s up for grabs? Thanks to Paul Kiefert and the crew at Circus Maximus Games, we have this fantastic “Pinball Zone” metal caution sign designed by the late Python Anghelo and donated to the show for this contest!

WP_20140811_01_27_04_Raw (2) (Medium).jpgWP_20140811_01_27_04_Raw (2) (Medium).jpg

1 month later
    #50 9 years ago

Brokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-15.jpgBrokentoken-podcast-episodestamp-15.jpg

Welcome to Episode #15 of the podcast – which is also our “1-year Anniversary” show!

www.brokentoken.com/podcast-episodes/episode-15-happy-birfday-the-20-dollar-word/

There’s a lot of ground for us to cover on this show, but we start off with a bit of reflection on how our first year in the podcasting ‘bidness’ had gone and talk about all the fun times we’ve had, the new friends we’ve made and just how “hard” (podcasting *is* hard, mkay) putting together a show from scratch really wound up being!

Once we wipe the nostalgic tear away, we dive face-first into hobby updates. Whitney makes a pinball confessional (that I’ve since unboxed since we recorded the show), discusses ‘Pinball on the road’ (cue the Charles Kuralt music anytime…) with a visit to the Seattle Pinball Museum and Brent discusses paying it forward, pinball-style, with a project that he lined up for friend of the show Steve Ridge and his son, Michael. We also get an update on the Burgertime refurb that won our first ‘Put Brent to Work’ listener poll and talk about Open House at the Warehouse 2.0 coming up at the end of September, 2014 in Louisville, KY.

We then take to discussing the latest in arcade and pinball reproduction artwork and parts – and there is a LOT to cover this month, respond to listener feedback and make a special announcement regarding the 30th-annual Pinball Expo. Needless to say, we’re going on the road again!

Dig into all the goodness that is our 1st “birfday” episode – welcome to #15 everyone!

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-brokentoken-classic-arcade-pinball-podcast-now-live and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.