• Latest reply 4 years ago by dontfeed
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the-boys-deleted-scene (resized).jpg
cover1 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Saw the first few episode of THE BOYS which already has some big differences from the (very adult and completed in 2012 after 72 issues) comic series, but is still very good.

The overall theme deals with the corporatization of super heroes with the main company behind them (Vought American) playing a role similar to what we would have if there was a merger between a major defense industry company like Raytheon and an entertainment company like Disney.

It also addresses the question of “if these ‘super abled’ people had all these amazing powers what incentive would they have to walk the straight and narrow?”

It’s already been renewed and I have high hopes for season2.

#2 4 years ago

I bought the first issue when the comic came out. NEVER would have thought they could get it on TV.
The show was definitely worth watching and had me interested all the way through. Don't watch with the kids, though.
Very adult-oriented. I'll never look at fish gills the same way again...

#3 4 years ago
cover1 (resized).jpgcover1 (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

Watching and LMAO.

Quoted from joelreeves:

I'll never look at fish gills the same way again...

So true!

#5 4 years ago

I want to be Homelander when I grow up

#6 4 years ago

Inexcusable sexual assault aside, I kind of feel for the Deep... all his fishy buddies keep coming to a bad end despite his best efforts to free them from captivity.

The dolphin scene (which was not in comics, he was nautical themed there but could not communicate with aquatic creatures) was hilarious. Dark, but hilarious.

#7 4 years ago

Great show. I was surprised with the last episode.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from c508:

The dolphin scene

Oh yea, I literally LOLd!

#9 4 years ago

I am on episode 4 now. So far, I'm really enjoying it.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I am on episode 4 now. So far, I'm really enjoying it.

Me too. I'm four episodes in and thoroughly impressed. The show is very well done, and it's great to see our boy Karl Urban get a nice meaty role.

#11 4 years ago

It's in the queue. My wife and I are big Supernatural fans, which was created by Eric Kripke (he's co-creator on this show).

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

It's in the queue. My wife and I are big Supernatural fans,...

Wasn't interested in it at all till I saw it was a Kripke show...so he's earned a watch from me.

#13 4 years ago

Thought it was strong. Ending is way different but I really enjoyed it. Urban is chewing up the scenery and the actress who they picked to play Starlight is great. Big fan on Antony Starr as welll

#14 4 years ago

Not a comic spoiler but where is the dog? He was in the promo pics.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

Not a comic spoiler but where is the dog? He was in the promo pics.

I also wondered about that. You can catch him in Butcher’s flashback too...

#16 4 years ago

Just finished episode 5. I’m loving this series. Enough characters and twists and turns to actually keep you guessing how things will play out.
Also, the baby scene in ep.5 had me genuinely laughing.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Just finished episode 5. I’m loving this series. Enough characters and twists and turns to actually keep you guessing how things will play out.
Also, the baby scene in ep.5 had me genuinely laughing.

I just finished Episode 5 too, and I agree with everything you said!

For anyone enjoying this series, I would also recommend these two UK series:
Misfits (2009-2013)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1548850/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1
and
Utopia (2013-2014)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2384811/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

#18 4 years ago

I'm six episodes in and will finish the season tomorrow. Four stars! Loving it! I'll give the comics a try between seasons.

the-boys-deleted-scene (resized).jpgthe-boys-deleted-scene (resized).jpg
#19 4 years ago

Just finished the series......loved it. They killed it with the Homelander character. Ending not what I expected.....raises several questions

#20 4 years ago

yeah lemme know when we can talk about 'her' being more excited to see 'him' than 'him' in last episode so good..

#21 4 years ago

Really like it so far.
The hijack scene really bothered me. That was DARK.

Karl Urban was meant for this role. The whole show is cast perfectly.

The perfect companion to the Marvel movie universe.

#22 4 years ago

I binged it one night last week. Great show, messed up ending!

Didn’t realize it was based on a comic so checked out a few issues... way more violent and brutal but somehow sillier and less enjoyable for me.

Bring on another season!

#23 4 years ago

I just finished it earlier this week and I really, really liked it but I am completely undecided about that ending, totally not what I was expecting. Some highlights for me are the multiple transformations of Huey, the amazing baby scene, the dolphin and lobster scenes others mentioned and "The Female"'s part in the confrontation with A-Train in Huey's house. Some seriously dark-ass moments along the way that really blew me away like the hijacking and the shooter in the building.

Can't wait to see where they take this next season.

#24 4 years ago

If you like Homelander and want to see that actor in another dark action series , lookup Banshee on Cinemax.

#25 4 years ago

Banshee rocks! Great sex and violence.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

yeah lemme know when we can talk about 'her' being more excited to see 'him' than 'him' in last episode so good..

We need another thread for people who have seen the whole thing and can talk spoilers! No one else I know in person has watched this yet so I haven't been able to discuss it yet. Trying to get my wife to watch it but she travels a lot and it may be too dark for her anyway, the scenes between Homelander and Stillwell would probably not be to her liking either.

#27 4 years ago

Absolutely loved every episode. What a great show!

Casted perfectly.

#28 4 years ago

It's an amazing series ...I love it ..

#29 4 years ago

So we can discuss the show, just no comic book spoilers, right?

#30 4 years ago

Great show, filmed in Toronto.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

So we can discuss the show, just no comic book spoilers, right?

Yes, that was my intention... just avoid comic spoilers (some of which have been neutralized with the end of S1 of the Amazon prime show).

Now that it’s been out for a few weeks, if people are late to the party on the plot of the show that’s on them.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Yes, that was my intention... just avoid comic spoilers (some of which have been neutralized with the end of S1 of the Amazon prime show).
Now that it’s been out for a few weeks, if people are late to the party on the plot of the show that’s on them.

Might want to change the title of the thread then to warn people that show spoilers can be / will be discussed.

What scene was better than the damn laser-eyed baby being used by Butcher to kill all those guys, because I can't think of one except maybe when Huey blows up the invisible guy!

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

What scene was better than the damn laser-eyed baby being used by Butcher to kill all those guys.

My wife called that one. Super fun scene.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Might want to change the title of the thread then to warn people that show spoilers can be / will be discussed.

Done.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

What scene was better than the damn laser-eyed baby being used by Butcher to kill all those guys, because I can't think of one except maybe when Huey blows up the invisible guy!

The botched rescue of flight 37 was pretty awesome in my book.

#36 4 years ago

So that Becca's a bit of a cunt eh?

Anyways, just finished the series, definitely top notch. The special effects are movie quality, very cool for a TV series.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

The botched rescue of flight 37 was pretty awesome in my book.

The aftermath speech that Homelander gave to the local media afterwards.... that was the most disturbing part of the show to me.

Hands in gills came in a strong 2nd.....

#38 4 years ago

Great show, I'm glad to hear season 2 is already being filmed.

#39 4 years ago

So, get lazered or plummet to your doom? I choose lazers.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-boys-on-amazon-prime-whos-watching-no-comic-spoilers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.