By flashinstinct

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Guys,
I'd like to take two seconds to call out bowz and gatordad for their "above and beyond" involvement in me getting my grail pin. Being in Canada and with the CAD dollar being at an all time (almost) low, I had lost all hope whatsoever of finding an LOTR in decent condition for a decent price and feel like I was getting a great deal out of it. Long story short I hopped on Ebay Thursday and low and behold, LOTR up for grabs with the listing being there for only 5 minutes. I didn't even think twice, and made an offer that was excepted.

Now here comes the tricky part. All services that I called wouldn't go to the basement and get the game ready for shipment without charging me both arms and both legs. So I used pinside's community map and found a few guys close to this seller place. I sent out an SOS and two pinsiders accepted the call.

I've never met gatordad or bowz in my life but there were ready to bust their chops to get my grail pin from some random stranger's basement all to way to his garage.

After a few phones calls back an forth with these two awesome dudes, they agreed to go and fix everything up for me and even palette the damn thing.

These two guys busted their ass for a total stranger all in the name of pinball. I truly appreciate the help.

So while I will be paying close to $2700 in fees and shipment charges, conversion rates etc..., they have made my dream of owning a LOTR possible.

Check out these stairs???

Check out the packing job

Now these guys want nothing in return apart from my happiness and I just can't let it stick to that. I've offered Maple syrup, cash, marco specs gift certificates and...nada. So here's what I will do.

////////////////////----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/// HOW CAN YOU MAKE PINBALL GREAT AGAIN //// *no pund intended* MUST READ HERE ------

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/00772-bally-williams-warning-decals-bowz-gatordad-sale
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/00773-data-east-warning-decals-boz-gatordad-sale

I will sell my williams & data east warning sticker sets for $15 each for the rest of the month and all profits will be split between these two gentlemen. Pinside will get there cut with the new business store model that they've started. So it's up to you guys to determine how well these three should be compensated. You guys get a deal, these guys get paid and get kudos for their hard work. I get my game and everyone is happy.

This just goes to show that the world is not such a bad place. Let's pinball on.

Will send some pics when it arrives here

I'd like to keep this thread active so let's see some bumps Let's see how far this thing goes.

#2 7 years ago

HELP ME THANK BOWZ AND GATORDAD and you get something too. Sale on decals.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-and-data-east-warning-decals-50-off

I will sell my williams & data east warning sticker sets for $15 each for the rest of the month and all profits will be split between these two gentlemen. Pinside will get there cut with the new business store model that they've started. So it's up to you guys to determine how well these three should be compensated. You guys get a deal, these guys get paid and get kudos for their hard work. I get my game and everyone is happy.

#4 7 years ago

Great job you guys. I have accepted a lot of help in this wonderful hobby myself and try to give it back by offering support online but hope to one day repay the help physically too. Very great of you guys to help a Pinsider out like that!

#6 7 years ago

Just ordered 3 sets. Thank you!!!

#7 7 years ago

Just ordered 3 sets as well. Great idea and good community!

#9 7 years ago

Bump for a great thread DE set ordered!

#10 7 years ago

Great story of some awesome pinside members!
3 sets ordered.

#11 7 years ago

I truly appreciate everything Guy and the pinside community has offered to do myself and @gatordad. I do feel like almost anyone on here would offer to do the same thing if put in the spots that we were, but maybe I'm just being naive, but I hope not.
Gatordad did a fantastic job of navigating us up the stairs. He was the guy below, and I was the guy with the dolly. We had to use the dolly, then take it away half way up, then use it the rest of the way. The sellers house that we went to was also a good guy, but you could tell right away he probably shouldn't have a pinball machine in his basement.
Either way, I'm glad it worked out, and looking forward to you receiving your grail pin. It was in very good shape, and I believe you'll be very satisfied.

Bowz

#12 7 years ago

Close to giving away $100 each. Can we make it $150?

#13 7 years ago

So this died off but still was able to give Bowz and gatordad a nice chunk of money for their effort. Please note that all orders were shipped yesterday. Cheers and thanks for everyone who participated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 7.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-bowz-and-gatordad-treatment-two-thumbs-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.