Topic Stats

• 344 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by balboarules
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 120 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1968_(resized).JPG
IMG_1965_(resized).JPG
IMG_1964_(resized).JPG
IMG_1963_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
Misc_013_(resized).jpg
Misc_014_(resized).jpg
index_(resized).jpeg
20160523_210035_(resized).jpg
20160523_210207_(resized).jpg
IMG_1933_(resized).JPG
IMG_1935_(resized).JPG
IMG_1934_(resized).jpg
13277989_10209728920170835_1375353147_n_(resized).jpg
IMG_1931_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinterest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 3 years ago

Wow, and it only took a couple of seconds for me to watch you tear that machine down and get it ready for paint!

You are so industrious - - I feel like such a slacker

You definitely picked a machine worthy of a "Boob Job"

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your restoration!

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from mac622:

Great line/name!!

Even blind squirrels...

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So I stocked up on a Festool setup: 3 different sanders plus the sanding block set, and the HEPA dust extractor.

Okay - I'll bite. I spend the weekend sanding a cabinet also. Was wearing a dust mask most of the time - but still got enough of the dust in my lungs to dry out my throat and start coughing, etc. Please tell me more about the Festool setup you got. I didn't mind stripping the cabinet with the heat gun - but do mind sanding all the body filler and saw dust. Please do tell more about your Festool.

2 weeks later
#69 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Day Three, Part Two: Ready for Prime Time (4 hours)
Quick update: I primed the cabinet, got overzealous and had a few drips. So I sanded the drips down, did a light sanding on the rest, and sprayed a second coat. This time it was perfect (you should do 2 coats of primer anyway, so it didn't bother me to screw up the first coat).

Wow - I've been waiting until it warmed up a bit more. I've not had a 65 degree day to spray.

Have you been having a heat wave in NJ, heat your garage, or just go for it?

What primer did you choose? Are you spraying a base coat / clear coat setup?

BTW - Looking really great!

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't heat my garage...I just go for it. Don't know where the 65 degree thing comes from. I'm using automotive primer (single-stage activator) and semi-gloss black automotive grade paint with two activators.

The reducer/activator you mix in your 2k primer is selected based on ambient air temp.

I suppose I could buy a gallon of "fast" reducer - but would rather wait till it gets a bit warmer.

MR186 Medium (65°F-75°F)

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

She's the artist, and she's the painter in the house, so I heeded her advice. Whenever I don't heed her advice, my life turns into a train wreck.

Of course you do - she's much smarter than you are... ...and better looking too!

#109 3 years ago

OMG - that looks freaking horrible! Were you spraying in the snow today? You need to get your son back from Skypilot to teach you how to spray a cabinet. His Dr. Who came out looking much better.

Just kidding Boob - It looks great (not as nice as your son's) but still looks great! LOL

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and he's off of mine. F**ker wanted me to do some riveting for him.

Oh my gosh did I say "looks like s#|t". I meant "Looks like THE s#|t".

#122 3 years ago

Okay - so I thought "Wow - if Boob can paint his cabinet I know that I can..." So I primed mine (in the cold) today - badly (thanks Boob). Now I just have to finish glazing the places with wide grain, sand out all of my mistakes, and touch the primer up

You should come over - give me spray lessons - rivet my ramps and play pinball.

Where are your updates?? Are you being lazy and not working on your pin - or just not posting the pictures?

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You don't read my posts too closely, do you?

Were there any pictures? If no pictures - not really.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was supposed to go to Hawaii, but cancelled last minute.

Yeah Skypilot told me your wife let him know your trip was canceled on short notice and she was going to punish you by making you buy new patio furniture.

Post some updates soon!

#147 3 years ago

I SO wanted to give you shit - but I just can't - It looks awesome!

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Is this a must? You make it smooth and nice, paint it satin and then you "scuff it up" and make it dull? (I know you can not see it as it is under the decal)

I got this one boob -- Yes this is standard practice for Boobie. Spend an extra 60 hours making something perfect and then eff it up before proceeding on to the next step.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

How did you like working with those decals as apposed to the next gens on your funhouse?

Skypilot and or Beezel

What is the definition of "next gen' and what are the alternatives?

Kidding aside - is it definitely necessary to skuff up your cab before decaling? I would think a nice smooth finish would make them stick better?

1 week later
#199 3 years ago

Wow Boob! If your going for "better than new" you've definitely surpassed that mark. I'm too embarrassed and ashamed to post more pics of my cabinet restoration. ...and I thought I was doing so well... maybe I'll redo mine again

#204 3 years ago

You're quite fast at this considering how picky you are about quality.

I decided my cabinet sucked too much - and sanded it down again this weekend to re-paint it again.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

next is one of the dreaded parts of a restoration...
Regraining the ball guides and riveting.

Speaking of riveting... I have some ramps you could practice on!

3 weeks later
#267 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

his looks quite a bit better than mine

I hear it works better too

#279 3 years ago

Grats Boobie!

Maybe I'll finish my T2 restore before you finish your next one?

I completely resanded the cabinet and finished priming it (again) today. Hoping to spray the black basecoat tomorrow and clear it.

Nice that you're done - I'm jealous!

3 weeks later
#333 3 years ago

Looks great man - one to be proud of.

When are you inviting me over to play it?

#339 3 years ago

So you were waiting to eff it up?

Ok! so we're getting together soon?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 249.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 99.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinterest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside