Topic Stats

• 344 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by balboarules
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 120 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1968_(resized).JPG
IMG_1965_(resized).JPG
IMG_1964_(resized).JPG
IMG_1963_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
Misc_013_(resized).jpg
Misc_014_(resized).jpg
index_(resized).jpeg
20160523_210035_(resized).jpg
20160523_210207_(resized).jpg
IMG_1933_(resized).JPG
IMG_1935_(resized).JPG
IMG_1934_(resized).jpg
13277989_10209728920170835_1375353147_n_(resized).jpg
IMG_1931_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 3 years ago

love a good adventure story... watching

1 month later
#145 3 years ago

I love a thread like this documenting how regular humans deal with the issues, discoveries and generally getting through the project.

Thanks for documenting and sharing with us

#151 3 years ago

I just started with my cheapo hf ultrasonic this past weekend after having it the box for like 2 years

Do you guys normally have to rinse the items or wipe them down after a cycle?

#160 3 years ago

what was your method for trimming the decals to get consistent edges, etc

#162 3 years ago

yeah thanks. its hearing people's wins and failures in these more finer details that really make all the difference in knowledge sharing. Instead of group think, lets share what we're baseing these conclusions on

After all that work, and the cost of the decals themselves, the 'getting the tidy trim' part is the element I imagine I would over the most... and probably end up ruining by keep trying to make slight improvements.

I love hearing the trial and error parts.. that experience is invaluable. So thx

But your time tracking... it sounds like my wife's fitbit tracking... doesn't seem possible I take way too long on things. Stupid centaur this past weekend ended up taking nearly 6hrs just to swap out all the drop targets, mylar new ones, and install and level correctly. (I hate how much you have to disassemble in those assemblies..)

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You don't have to drill anything out to do the pops, and you really don't need to be nervous about it, nor do you need to see it done. Here's what I did: I simply pushed the fin shank screws through the playfield (from the top, of course), flipped the playfield over on the rotisserie, and with a matching nut and washer, used a drill to power-screw the nut/washer onto the screw. This pulls the nail all the way through the playfield, and it sits flush because the playfield (Mirco ones, at least) have the countersunk spots for the nail head to sink into. Then unscrew the nut/washer and repeat 8 more times. It's time consuming, but you do NOT want to whack those nails through, especially on a rotisserie. You're just asking to crack the clear coat...or worse. One of those things where patience really pays off.

did you tighten them fast or slow?

3 weeks later
#216 3 years ago

With those wheels tho are you polishing or actually getting a nice grained look?

2 weeks later
#252 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes...the f**king ball doesn't fit down the lane. Why? Because I ordered the wrong lane plastics. So now I've reordered new ones and have to wait to put them in and install the ramps. Which brings me to the next update...

This is what is scaring me as I go through my more recent Stern manuals... they absolutely SUCK. The don't include actual parts lists or maps for the majority of the game anymore. Unless it's a switch, rubber, light, coil, or MAYBE major assembly... you're pretty much left guessing. It's shockingly bad in my metallica manual.. even the electronic version. I'm screwed just figuring out what size stand-off or post is used.

At least it's not your PF drilled wrong

1 week later
#297 3 years ago

man... now I want to get into this drinking party if those are the kinds of party gifts floating around

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside