index_(resized).jpeg
20160523_210035_(resized).jpg
20160523_210207_(resized).jpg
IMG_1933_(resized).JPG
IMG_1935_(resized).JPG
IMG_1934_(resized).jpg
13277989_10209728920170835_1375353147_n_(resized).jpg
IMG_1931_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balboarules.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#259 7 years ago

Great thread Boob, very interesting to read all that you did, also reminds me I am never going to do a full cabinet restore ever! I thought doing a playfield swap and installing head decals was bad enough, but seeing all this, I have a ton of respect for the dedication it takes! I know I am supposed to toss an insult at you as that seems to be the case in every response here, but not going to do that, very impressive work, and I am great full you took the time to post the pictures and step by step decals..

I will be at Pintastic, I was at Allentown, and it is funny that there are so many people there that you have talked with or bought or sold stuff to and from, but without knowing faces, you just never know who is who!

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

A temporary 1 day thread ban has been issued...
-Mod

Awwww Man.... Now I have to start a Podcast, and I really don't want to!

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't congratulate me yet. I've got a strobe that won't work, some switches that are out, and I swear that targets are registering twice on the motor bank and when you hit the drop target. It's way too easy to beat the mothership. Have to realign the plunger so the ball fires up the lane smoother and doesn't rattle around on the walls, and as I said, I still have tons of mod stuff to do (don't even have the small UFOs/flashers in yet!). Man it's fast (the ball flew off the right ramp once), but I'll be happy when it's completely working.
I installed the Laseriffic topper today. That thing is so cool AND it's really funny. Now I just wish Tilt Graphics would get the apron back in stock.

So there is still time to go there, tire kick, point out all these issues and offer you 3K for it?

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No shit...that already happened.

Wish I could say I am surprised, but I am not.

#305 7 years ago

No picture updates in a while, did you get pissed and burn it down? Pull a TNT and toss it off a roof?? I am retracting my 3K offer now, 2K take it or leave it, it only goes lower from here!

#307 7 years ago

I think this sum's it up nicely... This is actual footage of a previous Boob job.

1 week later
#316 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Quick update: I got some work time in on the machine today. It IS totally playable and really fast, so I'm happy with the outcome. Still need to adjust some switches: Two lane switches have to be angled over because the ball can roll PAST the switch without hitting it (right outlane, lower right orbit).
And I plugged the old strobe in with all the old cables, etc., and it worked wonderfully. So I've left it in for now and will email Pam at Pinbits to find out why the strobe I got from them might not work.
Also having a problem getting the LEDs on the plexiglass back panel to light up. Flashers work, LED strip does not. Talking to the fine folks in Germany about that now.
And then there's the Bill Ung mods, which will force me to pull up ramps again to install them. I'm just not ready for that.

You can do it Boob, you can do it all night long!!

2 weeks later
#340 7 years ago

I heard now that your done AFM is officially the next remake, at 4K to boot... Thanks Boob!

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't care, even if it's true (which it's not). I'll always take a restored original over a remake.
Now, sell me Rocky Balboa's boxing gloves, dammit!

IF I had them, You would have to kill me to get them. I do have 2 props from the Rocky Balboa movie though, and as soon as I get the money, I can buy back my restored Gottlieb Rocky from my friend, I had no choice but to sell it at the time, killed me then and still does. I just started a go fund me page, do not think it will happen this way, but I have to try.. It is more than a game to me.

Someday though, it will be mine again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

16,500 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 21.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider balboarules.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-boob-tube-another-not-an-hep-afm-restoration?tu=balboarules and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.