Topic Stats

• 344 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by balboarules
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 120 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1968_(resized).JPG
IMG_1965_(resized).JPG
IMG_1964_(resized).JPG
IMG_1963_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
Misc_013_(resized).jpg
Misc_014_(resized).jpg
index_(resized).jpeg
20160523_210035_(resized).jpg
20160523_210207_(resized).jpg
IMG_1933_(resized).JPG
IMG_1935_(resized).JPG
IMG_1934_(resized).jpg
13277989_10209728920170835_1375353147_n_(resized).jpg
IMG_1931_(resized).JPG

There are 344 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Probably the funniest post in this thread.

I did lol when I saw it last night

#302 3 years ago

As dark as that pic is, ya can still see the frustration in his eyes.

#303 3 years ago

Awe, be nice, from what I'm told Boob does his best work in the dark....

...in his garage....

...alone....

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Beelzeboob... I had pretty good results with the perma blu. But I polished the crap out of the flaps, made sure I removed any trace of polish residue off (denatured alcohol) and painted on coat after coat of the bluing compound (rinsing with water between each step), then I buffed. Not prefect, but mine were really beat up and pitted badly

Nice job on the flaps. I had been looking for some tips and ended up dropping them in the tumbler and repainting them.

#305 3 years ago

No picture updates in a while, did you get pissed and burn it down? Pull a TNT and toss it off a roof?? I am retracting my 3K offer now, 2K take it or leave it, it only goes lower from here!

#306 3 years ago

Boob, have you posted final pics??

#307 3 years ago

I think this sum's it up nicely... This is actual footage of a previous Boob job.

#308 3 years ago

First of all, I'm in Canada now. Second, my wife has been jamming up my weekend schedules with parties and yard stuff in preparation for a shower she's throwing. Third, I haven't posted final pics because I still have troubleshooting to do on it (I've documented my strobe woes here and on the strobe thread) and I'm waiting for parts from Marco. And then there's the damned Bill Ung mods that will take me a month to install.

The game is in my game room and LOOKS complete (minus the small saucers), so as soon as the saucers are on I'll post pics.

Still can't get the LED strip to light up my back panel, though. That's one of the issues I have.

#309 3 years ago

Surprised they let you in. Plus one for the U.S.

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Surprised they let you in. Plus one for the U.S.

They traded Bieber for me. And with the view I'm looking at right now, I'd say it's plus one for me.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

They traded Bieber for me. And with the view I'm looking at right now, I'd say it's plus one for me.

Party at boob's house tonight!!!!

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Party at boob's house tonight!!!!

Why bother. We can't play the pins since every time he touches them they stop working.

#313 3 years ago

Are you in Montreal doing bad, bad things?

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

They traded Bieber for me.

Another trade where both parties are unhappy with the results...

1 week later
#315 3 years ago

Quick update: I got some work time in on the machine today. It IS totally playable and really fast, so I'm happy with the outcome. Still need to adjust some switches: Two lane switches have to be angled over because the ball can roll PAST the switch without hitting it (right outlane, lower right orbit).

And I plugged the old strobe in with all the old cables, etc., and it worked wonderfully. So I've left it in for now and will email Pam at Pinbits to find out why the strobe I got from them might not work.

Also having a problem getting the LEDs on the plexiglass back panel to light up. Flashers work, LED strip does not. Talking to the fine folks in Germany about that now.

And then there's the Bill Ung mods, which will force me to pull up ramps again to install them. I'm just not ready for that.

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Quick update: I got some work time in on the machine today. It IS totally playable and really fast, so I'm happy with the outcome. Still need to adjust some switches: Two lane switches have to be angled over because the ball can roll PAST the switch without hitting it (right outlane, lower right orbit).
And I plugged the old strobe in with all the old cables, etc., and it worked wonderfully. So I've left it in for now and will email Pam at Pinbits to find out why the strobe I got from them might not work.
Also having a problem getting the LEDs on the plexiglass back panel to light up. Flashers work, LED strip does not. Talking to the fine folks in Germany about that now.
And then there's the Bill Ung mods, which will force me to pull up ramps again to install them. I'm just not ready for that.

You can do it Boob, you can do it all night long!!

1 week later
#317 3 years ago

Just wanted to wrap this thread up with a few finished pictures. The game is finally back in its new home in my basement game room. I still need to put in the Bill Ung mods, get the back panel to light up, replace the old strobe, and make some switch adjustments (I also have a strange thing where I'll get the "return to battle soldier!" callout at odd times - thinking it might be a trough opto issue.) But all in all, the game plays really fast and fun when everything is working right, and the restoration is officially done (plus, I need to move on to the Jacks Open project for the summer!).

I shot some video which sucked because God only gave me two hands (sorry, ladies!), so I'll just post three pictures here and call it a day. Thanks to all who followed, and please PM me with any questions about issues you might have in your AFM restoration. I'm always glad to help if I can!

IMG_1963_(resized).JPG

IMG_1964_(resized).JPG

IMG_1965_(resized).JPG

IMG_1968_(resized).JPG

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

... God only gave me two hands (sorry, ladies...

One sentence, 3 cracks -

1) Don't blame God for this
2) Two hands, all thumbs
3) What ladies do you think are paying attention?

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

One sentence, 3 cracks -
1) Don't blame God for this
2) Two hands, all thumbs
3) What ladies do you think are paying attention?

Well...YOU were.

#320 3 years ago

Complete? Get some instruction and free play cards. Fix those issues. And touch up that spot on the backbox.

#321 3 years ago

It's complete - waiting for a Tilt apron or Pingraffix apron magnet. And there's no spot on the backbox. Must be dust or lighting - I can't even see what the hell you're talking about.

You must have eye issues...old people don't see too good.

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's complete - waiting for a Tilt apron or Pingraffix apron magnet. And there's no spot on the backbox. Must be dust or lighting - I can't even see what the hell you're talking about.
You must have eye issues...old people don't see too good.

Why do I have the feeling that when I finally meet you you're going to smell like pee.

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Complete? Get some instruction and free play cards. Fix those issues. And touch up that spot on the backbox.

I see it too -

Just busting your balls mate, excellent work, can't wait to find one myself!

#324 3 years ago

Congrats. Hats off to you. Job well done. As someone who has gone through what you just did, I know how much effort, $$$, sweat, scraped knuckles, and curses went into this. Amazing accomplishment. Few really know what goes into doing a detailed high end resto like this. Really amazing job. Hopefully, I'll be done with mine in the next week or two.

#325 3 years ago

That is great work, KUDOS!

#326 3 years ago

I'm most impressed that you got that pin down a spiral staircase!

#327 3 years ago

Ahh c'mon get outta here. That looks pretty sh*tty

#328 3 years ago

Well done man. Now, time to play some PINBALL!!!

#329 3 years ago

boob_job_fan_(resized).png

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I'm most impressed that you got that pin down a spiral staircase!

We've got a Bilco entrance. I can't possibly sit quietly and have you believe that.

#331 3 years ago

Thanks for saying that.

#332 3 years ago

If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all

#333 3 years ago

Looks great man - one to be proud of.

When are you inviting me over to play it?

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

When are you inviting me over to play it

I was thinking almost the same thing except my sentence started with "I'm never".

Do you need me to send your son over to finish it for you?

Its not done,you smell like beef and cheese!

Quoted from yzfguy:

If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all

Nothing at all

Seriously Boob ....nice job.

PS, your still a dick.

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

PS, your still a dick.

PS - you're grammer and speling stil sux

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

PS - you're grammer and speling stil sux

Sorry, OK, you're an educated dick.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Looks great man - one to be proud of.
When are you inviting me over to play it?

Here's when:

Quoted from Pinterest:

I got this one boob -- Yes this is standard practice for Boobie. Spend an extra 60 hours making something perfect and then eff it up before proceeding on to the next step.

#338 3 years ago

Congrats Boob. Your work has inspired me to strongly consider the process of beginning to think about possibly starting my AFM restoration.

It's just a matter of time... I just need to stop playing it long enough to begin.

#339 3 years ago

So you were waiting to eff it up?

Ok! so we're getting together soon?

#340 3 years ago

I heard now that your done AFM is officially the next remake, at 4K to boot... Thanks Boob!

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

I heard now that your done AFM is officially the next remake, at 4K to boot... Thanks Boob!

Don't care, even if it's true (which it's not). I'll always take a restored original over a remake.

Now, sell me Rocky Balboa's boxing gloves, dammit!

#342 3 years ago

Very nice!

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't care, even if it's true (which it's not). I'll always take a restored original over a remake.

images_(resized).jpeg

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Now, sell me Rocky Balboa's boxing gloves, dammit!

IF I had them, You would have to kill me to get them. I do have 2 props from the Rocky Balboa movie though, and as soon as I get the money, I can buy back my restored Gottlieb Rocky from my friend, I had no choice but to sell it at the time, killed me then and still does. I just started a go fund me page, do not think it will happen this way, but I have to try.. It is more than a game to me.

Someday though, it will be mine again!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 344 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside