(371 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 1.58.29 pm (resized).png
C348029B-F31B-42A7-A75C-90888CC0BDD6 (resized).jpeg
Tron_Haters.JPG
SpiderManThread.jpg
100_0012.JPG
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

AFM>MM>MB

I like the speed, flow and theme on AFM more than MM, but both are great. I have been looking for MB for years, but as fun as the game is it doesn't offer the depth and challenge of the other two.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

There is no Button for NONE OF THE ABOVE. Because i would click that one. But if i was forced at gun point i guess AFM

IF you dont like those games that much then why do you own a monster bash?

#53 11 years ago

MM for me.
Such a great product and deserves to stay at the No#1 spot.
As for AFM, i'm not a fan of Doug's playfield artwork.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

So youre saying that games like CC and BBB are better then SM? Value has nothing to do with gameplay. SM blows all 3 of the above titles away. I'd sell AFM way before SM and already sold MM and SM was never a serious thought to sell even though I had an offer of $6500.

CC and BBB are expensive because they are low number / rare games. We are not talking about that. MM, MB, AFM are in no short supply. They are expensive and in high demand because of their great gameplay, not because they are rare. Lets compare apples to apples. If you are rating something, value has a great deal to do with it. Everyone wants a great game with great gameplay (which drives the price up).

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

None of the above spiderman all day

I like the classics,but Sm is more fun and exciting than any of them!!!!!!

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

I like the classics,but Sm is more fun and exciting than any of them!!!!!!

Tron and IM smoke SM all day. Only trolls jump into a discussion about certain pins and have to say "the pin I own is better than these being mentioned".

Oh, and you own a SM and a STTNG. Go figure.

#57 11 years ago

Wow, didn't think 3 outta 4 preferred mm over mb.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Tron and IM smoke SM all day. Only trolls jump into a discussion about certain pins and have to say "the pin I own is better than these being mentioned".
Oh, and you own a SM and a STTNG. Go figure.

I sold IM,wouldn't even consider selling SM.
I still rank MM tops out of those three,but then again I don't own the other two for an honest opinion of them.Not enough play time on them.

Dan

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

CC and BBB are expensive because they are low number / rare games. We are not talking about that. MM, MB, AFM are in no short supply. They are expensive and in high demand because of their great gameplay, not because they are rare. Lets compare apples to apples. If you are rating something, value has a great deal to do with it. Everyone wants a great game with great gameplay (which drives the price up).

Those classics are also a lot older and were in the price range that SM is selling for now just a few years back. SM was still available NIB just a couple years ago and there are still a few NIB out there. Once the supply of SM dries up you could see its price jump even higher then it is now and equal to that of the above A listers.

There's a reason it's now the highest rated Stern and slowly approaching the the likes of MB n AFM.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Those classics are also a lot older and were in the price range that SM is selling for now just a few years back. SM was still available NIB just a couple years ago and there are still a few NIB out there. Once the supply of SM dries up you could see its price jump even higher then it is now and equal to that of the above A listers.
There's a reason it's now the highest rated Stern and slowly approaching the the likes of MB n AFM.

This just in: It's not just SM, it's all the popular games. But glad we have another SM is going up in value post!

#61 11 years ago

If you are using monetary value maybe you should call it the expensive three. The fact that they made so many TZ's and it still sells for $3,000 and up should tell you something. Those are three great games but I would not call them the big three.

#62 11 years ago

The big three? Not even close...

#63 11 years ago

Perhaps if this thread was titled "The 1990's Big Three" then maybe it would be more accurate. Otherwise, it is missing two huge games:

SpiderManThread.jpgSpiderManThread.jpg Tron_Haters.JPGTron_Haters.JPG

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

This just in: It's not just SM, it's all the popular games. But glad we have another SM is going up in value post!

What other non LE stern is selling for $6-6.5k?

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

What other non LE stern is selling for $6-6.5k?

Oh, so now we are saying just to limit this to non-LE Sterns? And this is in the MM, MB, and AFM thread that you jumped in and starting talking up SM prices? Huh?

I just don't get it. But I guess I can talk Sterns- Tron Pro is hardly out of production and people are selling those for $5K+ easily.. unlike SM's that are a good ways out of production. IM's are now $5K plus for HUO ones, with good ones selling for $5300-5500. Last year at this time you could get a used one HUO one for $3500-3700. I saw RBION's selling for high $1K's, now they are up to almost $3K for HUO ones. POTC was also a hard sell at $3K a year ago, and that's up also. EVERYTHING is up substantially.

How about you name me one pinball machine, stern or Bally/Williams, that hasn't jumped?

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Oh, so now we are saying just to limit this to non-LE Sterns?

Well it seemed like a more fair comparison since MM, AFM & MB werent really LE's. I could have thrown out BSM which sells for 8.5-9k on a pretty regular basis but that seemed wrong.

Quoted from Cobray:

And this is in the MM, MB, and AFM thread that you jumped in and starting talking up SM prices? Huh?

Dude go back and read through the thread...I wasnt the one who brought SM into the mix just agreed with who did that i prefered it to the above 3. Relax its just a pinball discussion, no need to get worked up so much over it.

Quoted from Cobray:

How about you name me one pinball machine, stern or Bally/Williams, that hasn't jumped?

Cylone, WCS, Popeye,....these all seem to be selling for about the same as they were a few years ago.

#67 11 years ago

My top picks:
1. AFM
2. TZ
3. MB
4. MM

#68 11 years ago

I can't justify buying any of those three pins, but I'm shocked that MB is in dead last place. Does that mean someone will sell me one for $4k?

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I guess I'm in the minority here. MB is my favorite game of all time. I'm a huge horror fan, so the theme is right up my alley. I love the gameplay, music, art, humor, toys, etc etc etc. MM and AFM are favorites of mine as well, but MB is king. After years of wanting one, I finally managed to score one for my collection a couple of months ago.

I'm in the minority with you then.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I can't justify buying any of those three pins, but I'm shocked that MB is in dead last place. Does that mean someone will sell me one for $4k?

Dead last place? Uh, yeah, out of a list of 3! "Losing" is relative, especially when it is to titles like MM and AFM!

#71 11 years ago

Love MM and would rank MB a close second. I think the theme of MM appeals to me a bit more than MB. I have never played AFM...(a sin, I know)

#72 11 years ago

1) AFM Aliens, Space Ships, Girls! No stupid license.

2) MM Another great non-license with some cool audio tracks.

I don't own MB but have played it a few times. Not wonderful but maybe I need to own one.

5 years later
#73 5 years ago

So, who wins in 2018?

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunske:

So, who wins in 2018?

C348029B-F31B-42A7-A75C-90888CC0BDD6 (resized).jpegC348029B-F31B-42A7-A75C-90888CC0BDD6 (resized).jpeg

#75 5 years ago

MB shouldn't be in this.. Its too basic.

#76 5 years ago

Didn't realize original post was 5 years ago. Doesn't appear much has changed. Interesting timing to refresh since it appears you will be able to buy any as a remake later this year.

#77 5 years ago
#78 5 years ago

MM, AFM and MB for me. Someone said TZ. I had a TZ, tried to like it but then sold it. Years later I got another TZ and tried to love it but hate the stop and go thing. Sold the second TZ and got a newer Stern game.

#79 5 years ago
#80 5 years ago

Not much changed with the opinions from 5 years back, i think
1. MM
2. AFM
3. MB

#81 5 years ago

AFM kicks ass, MB, TZ, MM...

#82 5 years ago

I love MM, but the trolls destroys the game for me. Hate the merlin scoop also.
Why it can't get the MM theme, MB playfield with the moshpit lane changed to the mm-castle.

#83 5 years ago

Ohhhh Ba-by!!!

#84 5 years ago

Both are good.

Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 1.58.29 pm (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-06-02 at 1.58.29 pm (resized).png
#85 5 years ago

I remember opening all these games new in the 90's. I played a lot of them pre release at expo and loving pinball all were awesome.

I actually cut school when I found out when MB was going to be shipped to our shop. I know the rules are not the deepest and some of the shots are easy for pros but the game just wants to be played. The Frank multiball start is one of a kind. Music and theme integration are awesome. Looking forward to the reboot of this game as it will give an opportunity for so many to enjoy.

Attack and MM are great games. Loved them both and attack is still my second favorite of all time. Cant go wrong here really. Hopefully Brian Eddy will bring his magic to Stern.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Hopefully Brian Eddy will bring his magic to Stern

with Munsters!

#87 5 years ago

MM is # 1 for a reason

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-three-mm-af-mb-vote/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.