(Topic ID: 120198)

TBL True Serial Number list!!! What's yer number dude?

By RTR

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 576 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gmkalos
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 37 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

157efe1b676d522198b9b15edece8343 copy.jpg
IMG_8126 (resized).PNG
PM04 The Big Lebowski articles (resized).jpg
big-lebowski-check.jpg
image.jpg
44792-176856-thatsabummermanpng-noscale.png
TBL_Ransome_note.jpg
TBL4.png
TBL1.png
TBL3.png
TBL2.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
10394487_863021103755368_6083669566890202998_n.jpg

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 4 years ago

I don't want to be one who brings bad news.... But... I ordered late March and was lead to believe my machine would be ready Q3 or Q4.

I actually don't have a good place to put it until August. I'm building a house and it is way behind schedule. My builder is very experienced, but ship happens. Delays are normal in many industries, not just pinball.

So if I have I have mine for Thanksgiving I'd be happy.

I'm sure as as time goes by I'll be more anxious. It will be a big relief as soon as I see a picture of 10 machines being assembled and then when I see a few shipped to the U.S.

Anyone in the northeast get in early? Would love to get a look at an early unit when they start arriving here.

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

You've been pretty quiet over there burningman since you became a company man

I think that became a prerequisite for the position!

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from geo:

I don't want to be one who brings bad news.... But... I ordered late March and was lead to believe my machine would be ready Q3 or Q4.

I would be more upset if you were given unrealistic time lines. To me this means its a real thing vs pipedreaming on production.

#304 4 years ago

^^ also an indicator that there are a lot more than just 100 dudes on pinside that have one on order.

#305 4 years ago

I'm marking it zero until pins are shipping in bunches. I've learned my lesson and will no longer support the pre-order system. When it is shipping you know I will do the right thing and abide

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'm marking it zero until pins are shipping in bunches. I've learned my lesson and will no longer support the pre-order system. When it is shipping you know I will do the right thing and abide

I will wait until the first one ships and then stick you back on the list where you belong.

#307 4 years ago

Make 100
i am in

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I think that became a prerequisite for the position!

Yeah. I understand the no news till good news is an ethos.. Just has left me a little flat since the Phil meltdown if I'm being honest. This being said, I'm wearing my DP shirt today !

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from Woidhauser:

Make 100
i am in

100 dudes strong!

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I have a buddy who is not a pinhead, but he told me he wants this game 100%. I have not even told him they would he pre-ordering lest the worst happens. Once they start shipping, I'll point him to a distro, but not a minute before that.

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah. I understand the no news till good news is an ethos.. Just has left me a little flat since the Phil meltdown if I'm being honest. This being said, I'm wearing my DP shirt today !

Yeah...a NDA will squash a lot of "talk"....but I am still here....for all us sinners...

#312 4 years ago

I have a feeling that Barry is not very comfortable doing the news-letters. He is a creative guy, not a sales person and Phil did such a great job with the new shit news-letters, so it can probably be a bit scary to try to keep up with those.

All we really want now is a few words on the status of the game. Nothing fancy is needed at this stage.

I am sure we will hear something soon though. I am really hoping that the factory is able to produce a test run in May or June at least.

#313 4 years ago

Barry is just fine with the letters. They're simply waiting for licensor approval on software before dropping an update.

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I will wait until the first one ships and then stick you back on the list where you belong.

That might make two of us.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

That might make two of us.

Then I will stick you both on the list after the first one ships!

#316 4 years ago

Anyone purchasing TBL might be interested in this.

As some of you many know the limited edition movie print scene has gotten pretty big in the last couple of years (see mondo, tyler stout, etc etc). Well the hot new fad there is extremely limited edition private commissions. Looks like lebowski just got the treatment and IMO the print looks great, get a nice frame job on it and it would really compliment the machine well. Be warned, this thing probably isnt going to last long.

https://www.facebook.com/cultcinemasunday/posts/863024327088379?hc_location=ufi

10394487_863021103755368_6083669566890202998_n.jpg
#317 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Barry is just fine with the letters. They're simply waiting for licensor approval on software before dropping an update.

Any word on when we can expect that approval?

I've been reading the SkitB/Predator thread too much and can use some reassurance (recognizing DP =/= SkitB, between legitimate license, manufacturing space, an actual pinball attorney on staff. Just would love to see pictures of inventoried parts, or assembly line getting stocked up, or new employees getting trained, or even a picture of the official hard copy license letter (such a thing exists?), or final FINAL song list, or... Helll... ANYTHING!).

I'm not the ONLY one, right?

#318 4 years ago

I have been playing this waiting game already with MMRLE so I have learned to be extra patient.
For me it's going to be which game will show up first on my doorstep. TBL or MMRLE?

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

I'm not the ONLY one, right?

Not the only one for sure. The complete silence is dragging on now. Really hope they have something soon.

#320 4 years ago

Yeah not the only one. Don't think they get little incremental updates (or even being upfront of setbacks if they are having any) go a long way to separate them from being unfairly lumped in with the other disasters in some peoples minds. Show us a stack of playfields, cabinets, parts on facebook.. Doesn't need any editorial.

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Show us a stack of playfields, cabinets, parts on facebook.. Doesn't need any editorial.

I agree, that's all I really need to see at this point to be comfortable, just a ramp up in TBL specific materials.

#322 4 years ago

Oh Barry!
The Natives are getting Restless!
image.jpg

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah not the only one. Don't think they get little incremental updates (or even being upfront of setbacks if they are having any) go a long way to separate them from being unfairly lumped in with the other disasters in some peoples minds. Show us a stack of playfields, cabinets, parts on facebook.. Doesn't need any editorial.

Yeah, Dutch Pinball management still haven't figured out the whole communication thing. It would be nice if they showed some incremental progress, but just showing photos of playfields, cabinets, and parts can also be misleading without proper context. It is usually the parts that AREN'T yet in-house that determine the manufacturing schedule and projected shipping dates.

Kevin's clever use of playfields, cabinets, and parts photos was a clear example of how misleading the implied information can be with just photos alone.

Barry should make an effort to demonstrate real progress with both photos and text that puts the manufacturing schedule into proper context. Otherwise, the natives will remain restless.

#324 4 years ago

So what balance do you think is right then cause you could say their apparent approach of not saying anything until it is substantial is exactly inline with not wanting to put out out stuff that can be misconstrued as you say.

I would say a pile of parts or cabs or playfields looks like progress to me.. If someone seriously said in response to that "oh but Kevin showed cabinets as well so that doesn't mean anything" they would get some severe eye rolls from me .

And in the climate of hurricane Kevin/jpop any of the remaining boutiques showing any levels of transparency (good or bad) above the minimum required before people are feeling restless helps distance themselves from the disasters.

#325 4 years ago

Here are a few hypothetical examples:

1] "Production started on 13 April 2015. Rigorous QC testing is being conducted on the first batch of 10 machines, and we expect to begin shipping machines to customers by 11 May 2015."

2] "We hope to commence production by 18 May 2015, and we are targeting to have the first 50 machines shipped by 30 June 2015."

3] "We had hoped to commence production by now, but we are still trying to correct some mechanical problems with the rug mechanism, as well as iron out some reliability issues identified during extensive play testing on one of the prototype machines at the Texas Pinball Festival. Hopefully, the production line will start rolling by 15 June 2015, but it is of paramount importance to us to address these issues now before shipping machines to our customers."

4] "We are awaiting parts shipments now. Admittedly, cash flow is tight, but we are working with our bank, ABN AMRO, on a 1.0 million EUR (€) line of credit to finance the first phase of the manufacturing process. All financial due diligence by the bank has been completed, and we are currently in the final stages of document review by counsel. We expect to close the bank loan by 1 May 2015, which will help ensure that we can start production in earnest by the end of the 2nd quarter (30 June 2015)."

Not one of those messages contains photos, but they each clearly communicate an expected production timeline that would help manage customer expectations. And regardless of whether the statements are "positive" or "negative", each one conveys a message with greater transparency than has been communicated to date.

Like Aurich has said many times before, just tell it like it is. Customers are very forgiving and understanding if they believe that you are being honest and transparent in your communications.

#326 4 years ago

We're prob arguing the same thing then. All I was stating was if they are super busy, the bare minimum that would keep me personally non-restless would be to take a photo of whatever they have going right now that looks like progress and shoot it to face book. I estimate this would take 2 minutes tops and I think would create a little positive energy/excitement around "entering production".

The hypothetical announcements would/will be great as we get going as well.. Though hopefully not getting to hypothetical phase 4 , as that in the current negative atmosphere would turn into a hypothetical shitshow on pinside (" we" collectively couldn't handle that kind of truth I fear).

*i can't say hypothetical enough as I've also lost faith with people's reading comprehension to read your post and not skip over your single use of hypothetical and your dates being in the future. communication is indeed a bit of a tight rope.

#327 4 years ago

heh.. i'm going to confess something there.. I was just sitting at my desk in my house and I heard a big truck pull up and sounds of lift gates outside my house and all that and for a split micro-second I had the thought.. wow wonder if DP is just shipping games with no notice.. just like "bam here's your fucking update".. unfortunately, it was just the landscapers next door. Ah but let's hope soon!!

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Like Aurich has said many times before, just tell it like it is. Customers are very forgiving and understanding if they believe that you are being honest and transparent in your communications.

Testify!

#329 4 years ago

Also, its 4/20.. Is it just a USA pot holiday or international? I know it started here but caught on? If there was ever a date that cried out for some new shit!

#330 4 years ago

Front Page of our Vancouver BC Paper:image.jpg

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Front Page of our Vancouver BC Paper:image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

4/20 - a holiday I can get stoked about. Why did I never know about this day before and how lucky was I to find out about it today of all days and at 3:30pm? Good karma / timing I guess!

#332 4 years ago

Today would be a GREAT day for a TBL update (hint)!

1 week later
#333 4 years ago

ATTENTION DUDES! NSNL Imminent!

#334 4 years ago

Pinhead1982 - what makes you confident that new shi! will drop today?

#335 4 years ago

UPDATE FOR MAY 1st Check your Inboxes!

#336 4 years ago

Posted in another thread...

---------
"NSNL!
We at Dutch pinball would like to update you on all the cool stuff we've been working on since our last NSN in order to get your Big Lebowski™ pinball on the production line with the upmost speed. A lot of the work and progress in these last weeks have been, however, fairly boring visually, with you know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous... We'd love to show you some cool pictures of the progress, but at the moment that would involve showing you lots of pieces of paper and emails connected with ordering materials and parts to build your machine!
But for those of you hungry for some visual delights, check out these photos of pre-production planning and engineering:
Full machine view in SolidWorks
Circuit design and PCB panelization of the TBL boards
Our custom 4-way Digital Class-D Amplifier (bottom view, click here to see the top view
The first playfield with final approved artwork!
In addition to the above, we also want to let you know that the following has happened since the last NSN:
Tests on the rugtoy have been concluded and we now have a truely amazing rug that will really tie the playfield together.
With the help of Cointaker we showed one of our prototypes on the Texas Pinball Festival.
We played for hours on our prototypes and solved various issues.
Orders for the parts have been placed, and when we have the bits we can delight you even more with photos of lots of boxes.
Engineering has been finished.
Cabinets are being produced by our sub-supplier and should be with us soon.
The artwork of the playfield has been finalized and it looks awesome!
And... we soon will send you your "Achiever Edition" True Serial Number™."

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/3#post-2419427

#337 4 years ago

Nice newsletter but is lacking the pictures in above post. Now not anymore

TBL1.png TBL2.png TBL3.png TBL4.png
#338 4 years ago

lebowski.jpg

#339 4 years ago

I gotta say, I'm impressed. I'm not a preorder kinda guy. But when this hits the market after production, I'll be looking to get one right away. Nice job dudes

#340 4 years ago

I've got my topper! Will probably spray paint the lid blue so it's 100% authentic.

folgers.JPG

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

I've got my topper! Will probably spray paint the lid blue so it's 100% authentic.
folgers.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I was just looking at eBay today to see if there was any other ones for folks (I too got one already). Slim pickins. Yeah the blue lid is peculiar.. Wondering if they used a Maxwell house of the same type lid?

#342 4 years ago

It may not have been a coffee can lid they used in the movie.

Could have been a lid from a can of nuts or even powdered potatoes.

#343 4 years ago

Will a Maxwell House lid fit a Folgers can?

zvry7UMaxwellHouseSmoothMasterLbend34oz.jpg
#344 4 years ago

That may work. I've found a Maxwell House can on eBay that I think will work. It has a decorative design and the blue lid. I've ordered it, so I'll know in a few days when it arrives.

#345 4 years ago

Production will begin when Barry secures a sufficient number of Oompa Loompas and some magic dust. Good luck guys!

#346 4 years ago

I'd like to get in, please send info.

#347 4 years ago

Add me to the list... I got in on labowski during texas show

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Add me to the list... I got in on labowski during texas show

You are on the list dude!

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

I'd like to get in, please send info.

Sorry dude, you may have to wait a little while. They are building out the preorders first in one group. They will likely be taking orders for the second run at some point though.

Check out their site for more info:

http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/preorder

#350 4 years ago

Hello dudes,

I also have purchased a TBL, in July 2014
F it, let go play pinball!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
£ 39.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside