(Topic ID: 120198)

TBL True Serial Number list!!! What's yer number dude?

By RTR

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 576 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gmkalos
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

157efe1b676d522198b9b15edece8343 copy.jpg
IMG_8126 (resized).PNG
PM04 The Big Lebowski articles (resized).jpg
big-lebowski-check.jpg
image.jpg
44792-176856-thatsabummermanpng-noscale.png
TBL_Ransome_note.jpg
TBL4.png
TBL1.png
TBL3.png
TBL2.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
10394487_863021103755368_6083669566890202998_n.jpg
There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone want to sell their pre-order spot??

I don't think this possible. Phil said that the buyer would be given a full refund and it sounded like the spot is filled by the person next in line who is already on the preorder list.

#252 9 years ago

Yeah they were clear none of this spot reselling business would happen for TBL. You want out, you get a full refund. I don't know why they other guys started that trend as it seems a pain in the ass for them to maintain buyers lists and all that.

Just wait till Q3 when there's more info about distribution / cash & carry model. By then games will be out there and you'll get real reviews of where final quality / code maturity is and decide better informed.

As far as people complaining about pre orders in general in the wake of predator. The people on this list already had a pretty good scare with Phil meltdown and since then much of the enthusiasm now tempered due to all the shenigans by nearly all the boutiques (spooky excused). At least thats how I feel personally.

I am hoping there's one or more NSNL here real soon that shows clear signs of production started , final sign off from universal for everything, and some fresh software clips showing where the state of that is. I am hoping then I'll return to unchecked enthusiasm

#253 9 years ago

Hey dudes, another dude is all in

pinball greetings from Germany

#254 9 years ago

As my penance for ruining other Lebowski threads I am required to not let any TBL threads reach the second page.

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Appears some people have short memories and others have more money than brains for preordering TBL. There will always be some who like to preorder, but 94 on Pinside is as if there is not a concern in the world about this pin. Agree that licensing issues are resolved but does anybody have proof the financial structure is fixed so money can be spent wisely? Do preorders believe that producing these will be a slam dunk?
Reliability of TBL is the last unanswered elephant still in the room. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned as a bigger concern up til now. The game at TPF lasted what, 4 or 5 hours before being pulled because it was broken beyond repair (my words)? Granted it was a prototype, and probably one in the same from NYC. The US East coast launch was at Modern Pinball with two TBL's. One machine was down half the night and the other was working sporadically.
DP are you listening? This pin had better be a lot more reliable or you're entering a world of pain. It would be a shame too because that would be entirely of your own doing. Think of a preorder mob that has just found out their pinball project went south - yikes. I am anxious for a public reveal too so TBL can see some action and we can see it holding up. Of course, I can't wait to see the final art and decent code too. Waiting to buy TBL until they are being shipped and played and issues are resolved. May have to buy a rug off eBay until then.

I remember seeing WOZ in prototype form at several shows with problems as well...

I've played the Prototype TBL at Scott's house and it played great.

I was at both nights of NYC, the games were working way more than not.

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Just happy to be blessed with more money than brains.

Brains are over rated.

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Appears some people have short memories and others have more money than brains for preordering TBL. There will always be some who like to preorder, but 94 on Pinside is as if there is not a concern in the world about this pin. Agree that licensing issues are resolved but does anybody have proof the financial structure is fixed so money can be spent wisely? Do preorders believe that producing these will be a slam dunk?
Reliability of TBL is the last unanswered elephant still in the room. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned as a bigger concern up til now. The game at TPF lasted what, 4 or 5 hours before being pulled because it was broken beyond repair (my words)? Granted it was a prototype, and probably one in the same from NYC. The US East coast launch was at Modern Pinball with two TBL's. One machine was down half the night and the other was working sporadically.
DP are you listening? This pin had better be a lot more reliable or you're entering a world of pain. It would be a shame too because that would be entirely of your own doing. Think of a preorder mob that has just found out their pinball project went south - yikes. I am anxious for a public reveal too so TBL can see some action and we can see it holding up. Of course, I can't wait to see the final art and decent code too. Waiting to buy TBL until they are being shipped and played and issues are resolved. May have to buy a rug off eBay until then.

#258 9 years ago

Noted - thank you for checking in dude!

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from wizard1:

Hey dudes, another dude is all in
pinball greetings from Germany

Welcome - you have been added to the Verified Dude list!

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

As my penance for ruining other Lebowski threads I am required to not let any TBL threads reach the second page.

Be careful Eggbert you are still on thread probation.

I have a quiet little beach community here, and I aim to keep it that way!

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone want to sell their pre-order spot??

Predator #12. Hit me up.

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Predator #12. Hit me up.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#263 9 years ago

I jumped on TBL bandwagon a little late, but got my pre-order in before the cut off. It was a tough decision for me as this will be my first pin.

#264 9 years ago

TBL is going to be at Midwest Gaming Classic next weekend! Can't wait to play it again!!

Brian

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Predator #12. Hit me up.

i see what you did there.gifi see what you did there.gif
#266 9 years ago

While waiting you can see the designer in action in the dutch pinball association clubhouse and setting up a TBL

Yep, it is dutch spoken .... Rest assure, no secrets were revealed

http://content.omroep.nl/omroepgelderland/items/video/2015/04/GK_04-04-2015_Nijmegen_Flipperfanaat.mp4

#267 9 years ago

Metal cabinet protectors, nice. That looks like a new playfield too.. So pretty recent.

#268 9 years ago

Was there a rumored new shit newsletter coming this week? Maybe it will hit next week.

#269 9 years ago

First post and I'm also paid in full.

TBL will be my first pin and yeah, it's a big chunk of change, but when I started looking at buying used pins that were in good shape, the price difference didn't seem that bad for getting the pin that I really want, TBL.

Went with the chrome and rug upgrade because I really want to tie my room together.

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Metal cabinet protectors, nice. That looks like a new playfield too.. So pretty recent.

I am quite sure that this is 1 of the 2 protos in NL. They made a batch of 5 pcs of which 3 pcs are im US after expo and 2 remained here. Spoke with JP yesterday and he didnt mention a first production unit

#271 9 years ago

I'm still in. We don't get the luxury of pinball expos etc in Oz. Just hang in and hope for the best.

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

TBL will be my first pin and yeah, it's a big chunk of change, but when I started looking at buying used pins that were in good shape, the price difference didn't seem that bad for getting the pin that I really want, TBL.
Went with the chrome and rug upgrade because I really want to tie my room together.

Nice!

And damn straight too!

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

While waiting you can see the designer in action in the dutch pinball association clubhouse and setting up a TBL
Yep, it is dutch spoken .... Rest assure, no secrets were revealed
http://content.omroep.nl/omroepgelderland/items/video/2015/04/GK_04-04-2015_Nijmegen_Flipperfanaat.mp4

Great video - thanks for sharing! Fantastic to see a shot of the "latest" game (new playfield) in action!

Interesting to hear pinball being discussed in Dutch with the occasional American game or manufacturer's name popping up occasionally.

#274 9 years ago

I wish I could afford one. Game looks awesome.

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from el_duderino:

I jumped on TBL bandwagon a little late, but got my pre-order in before the cut off. It was a tough decision for me as this will be my first pin.

Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

Quoted from Metalthrashinmad:

I'm still in. We don't get the luxury of pinball expos etc in Oz. Just hang in and hope for the best.

Dudes - Welcome to the Verified Dude List!

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I'm in also.

My post got missed.

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

My post got missed.

Damn it Jim!

#278 9 years ago

It's q2. Who is excited?

#279 9 years ago

I'm very excited, but I'm also at the back of the preorder line so I'm not watching the calendar!

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

My post got missed.

That was my bad - you have now been verified!

#281 9 years ago

...I'm an OP, not a post verifier!

#282 9 years ago

Dude! I am Jonesing for some New $hit. Has anyone spoken to Jaap and Company lately?

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from PinWolf:

Dude! I am Jonesing for some New $hit. Has anyone spoken to Jaap and Company lately?

I wont bother them until June. No point. If I hear something sooner great, If not thats when I set my mental deadline to see something.
Life is about managing expectations.

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I wont bother them until June. No point. If I hear something sooner great, If not thats when I set my mental deadline to see something.

June! Come on man, I was secretly hoping for my pin to be delivered on 4/20.

A newsletter would be nice though. Kind of thought we would have seen something on the 1st.

#285 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

A fun quote I took to heart that I overheard a father telling his son one time:

"Life is all about how you handle plan B"

Luckily, it seems like we will actually get our pins, hence no Plan B, so I'm cool with that.

#287 9 years ago

Southern Fried Expo would be a great place to start the USA distribution ball rolling. "Life is all about Rolling & Pinball."

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

June! Come on man,

From their site.

But you can buy a The Big Lebowski™ pinball soon through one of our preferred dealers!
Well soon… you know. There’s a lotta ins, a lotta outs… We expect to have more info about this in Q3 2015

Hopefully this means all the pre order folks have ours by that time.

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

From their site.
But you can buy a The Big Lebowski™ pinball soon through one of our preferred dealers!
Well soon… you know. There’s a lotta ins, a lotta outs… We expect to have more info about this in Q3 2015

That would be my guess too. At least almost all...

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

From their site.

Do they have capacity to bang out a couple hundred machines between now and July 1? Wouldn't that be a pretty impressive clip for a start-up? I guess I took their comments to mean games will begin shipping in Q2, not that they were aiming to have all games shipped by the end of Q2. But if they can pull that off it'd be awesome!

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from PinWolf:

I emailed Barry last week and he said new newsletter was in process. Discussion of news, manufacturing details and FAQ info.

#292 9 years ago

I've always assumed that preorders would start in Q2, but stretch into Q3.

#293 9 years ago

Shipments also likely to be burst-y as I imagine they will wait till they have a full container to ship.

#294 9 years ago

When I think third quarter I think the last day ,not the first of the three months.

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Shipments also likely to be burst-y as I imagine they will wait till they have a full container to ship.

Is it 72 pinball machines in 40' container ?

#296 9 years ago

Would guess less than that.. 8' wide, 40' long.. These would be packaged properly, not those reimport coffins stacked floor to ceiling either. Stern and JJP would know . Can easily see 2 containers heading this way and then Scott (plus help I hope!) Shipping them out to us. Or maybe as part of coin taker becoming a distro they will pitch in with the local shipping

#297 9 years ago

Agree that getting machines started in Q2 is pretty impressive all by itself. No way I was thinking they get all preorders shipped in Q2.

If they get any machines out to buyers in Q2, then they are ahead of schedule in my book.

#298 9 years ago

Though, it is unlikely to be a trickle of games like JJP and AMH either.. Given they are going contract manufacturing.. It is more likely to me they front load all their hiccups and get a later start but once going things games rolling out regularly (closest to MMR trend.. But hopefully smoother than that)

#299 9 years ago

Stern boxes are 31"x31"....if you were to add an inch on each side for slop...32"x32" not stacked...would be 45 machines in an 8'x40' container....

just sayin'

#300 9 years ago

You've been pretty quiet over there burningman since you became a company man

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-urban-achievers-list/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.