(Topic ID: 120198)

TBL True Serial Number list!!! What's yer number dude?

By RTR

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 576 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gmkalos
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

157efe1b676d522198b9b15edece8343 copy.jpg
IMG_8126 (resized).PNG
PM04 The Big Lebowski articles (resized).jpg
big-lebowski-check.jpg
image.jpg
44792-176856-thatsabummermanpng-noscale.png
TBL_Ransome_note.jpg
TBL4.png
TBL1.png
TBL3.png
TBL2.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
10394487_863021103755368_6083669566890202998_n.jpg
There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Would be interesting to know if they got access to the "edited for TV" sound clips (which would be awesome). Otherwise I guess they'd have to layer on beeps themselves. It's not like this movie is overflowing with alternate "clean" sound clips to choose from!

Yeah that would be cool. I thought I read somewhere long time ago that each televison station makes their own "made for TV" and so there's not one official one, unfortunately.. Which is why you have both "this is what happens when you find a stranger in the alps" and "this is what happens when you when you feed a stoner scrambled eggs!"

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Spfxted.. Did you get that in a message today?

Yes I did...

Here's the whole thing...

March 9, 2015 - Rug Edition / Pre-Order Stop

Dear Achiever,

Welcome to another New Shit Newsletter™!

In this newsletter we would like to inform you that we will stop taking Pre-Orders for The Big Lebowski™ Pinball (TBL) on March 31, 2015. We are preparing for the production of our first run and expect to deliver the first TBLs in Q2 2015.

Does this mean you can't buy a TBL after March 31, 2015? Of course not! We are in the process of distrubuting TBL through resellers/distributors. More details will follow soon.

This is a valued rug...
Parallel to this we are testing the toys' durability. We want to make sure that the "Rug" will tie the game together for a long time, not just to keep you achievers happy, but to keep the achievements of your loins happy as future generations of achievers want to achieve (high scores).. It's very important, therefore, that the moving/rolling Rug Toy can take some peeing, er... pounding.

Here's a short movie of our setup to test the Rug Toy. The contraption shoots a pinball at the Rug with varying strengths, if a hit is too weak it does not register a hit, (which is exactly what it is desired to do in the game). They got us working in shifts on this!

One of the things we've concluded so far is that the rug needs to be a bit heavier for a better 'Newton effect' and to have better friction with the playfield so it rolls smoother.

It all started with a rug…
We’ve also been searching high and low for a supplier that offers the best quality for the Rug and we think we’ve found him! This is far from the most modestly priced rug available!

On the right in the photos above you see the rugs that we have used until today for shows. On the left you see the rug that you will receive. Needless to say: It will really tie the room together!!

Well sir, it's this rug I have...
If you pre-order a The Big Lebowski™ Pinball you can add an optional upgrade set that contains: crome/high polished legs, siderails and lock bar plus as well as this valued rug I’ve been telling you about. The price of the upgrade set is $500. Oh, the rug will not be sold separately.

You can pre-order your The Big Lebowski™ Pinball (with or without upgrade) via http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/preorder. Please do this before or on March 31, 2015! After this date the pre-ordering shuts down and you will have to wait and get in line for a TBL.

We will continue to improve the game and keep you updated on the progress as we make it. We are dedicated to delivering to you a game that you will get the maximum amount of enjoyment from for the maximum amount of time! After all: it’s a whole new game!

Team Dutch Pinball

#153 9 years ago

Ok all the other stuff about the rug toy was in a different nsnl a week or two ago with the you tube video. Guess they have a few mailing lists going now. The fact they are looking at distributors is new though..makes sense since they are making surplus inventory.. Let it be stored with distributors, distributors may set up a game to play so people stopping by can give it a try etc.

#154 9 years ago

Ok, back up to 86 and the non-verified list getting ever smaller.

#155 9 years ago

For all the Hoopla with refunds, It's great to see we are only 17 short of the other original list.
Only 18 days before production begins

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

For all the Hoopla with refunds, It's great to see we are only 17 short of the other original list.
Only 18 days before production begins

A lot of the people I spoke with that got out, indicated they were likely buyers when the game starts shipping. And the 15 dudes on the awaiting verification list haven't yet responded.

#157 9 years ago

Sorry if this is the wrong spot, but will DP be selling these after launch? Dumb question I know, but a non pinhead wants a TBL for sure, but for sure won't preorder. Thanks and if there is a better thread for the question, let me know. Game looks killer!!!

#158 9 years ago

They haven't said but with the amount of energy and money spent developing it,it would make sense that they would keep building

#159 9 years ago

in since expo...100 percent paid

#160 9 years ago

The last update said they were looking at distributors.

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sorry if this is the wrong spot, but will DP be selling these after launch? Dumb question I know, but a non pinhead wants a TBL for sure, but for sure won't preorder. Thanks and if there is a better thread for the question, let me know. Game looks killer!!!

Looks like they will. Since they will be working with distributors now, there should be some available after the preorders are built.

#162 9 years ago

Correct. Starting April 1 sales will go via distributors

#163 9 years ago

Just picked up that 7-10 split thanks in part to a tax refund and now my game is paid in full!

#164 9 years ago

When do you guys think we'll see the next new shit newsletter?

#165 9 years ago

I was thinking the same thing. Final payment sent. I guess they are busy planning the production of TBL and the next NSNL will have pictures of the factory or better yet some completed games boxed up ready for shipping!

#166 9 years ago

I discovered a double, one of My +2 on the list is also himself on the list, ballypinball1968. So list has to be reduced by 1

#167 9 years ago

just paid my last installment - looking forward to the next NSNL, it´s been a while since the last one....

#168 9 years ago

With the final payment almost here I’ve started thinking about receiving the game, game numbers, moving up on the list. And then I started thinking how will these games be shipped. Wouldn’t it make sense that DP would buy a container and ship them all (or however many fit in a container) at once? That would mean a large number of people would be getting their games at the same time. Anyone know how many NIB games fit in a container? I really don’t see these games trickling out over a period of months.

#169 9 years ago

Regular container would fit 46 games I thought....

#170 9 years ago

So sounds like they could prob fill 2 containers worth between pre orders we know about plus some initial shipment for distributors.

I do expect them to not ship them individually cause that indeed would be $$$. Maybe we'll get some insights on the game plan once things are rolling.

#171 9 years ago

Clever as they are DP introduced "True Serial" which gives room for producing machines per container for certain areas in the world. That is cost efficient without the hassle of producing & shipping games by the number.

That is doing smart business...

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Clever as they are DP introduced "True Serial" which gives room for producing machines per container for certain areas in the world.

Even for those of us in Wolf Lick, Kentucky.

#173 9 years ago

My friend is on the verified list, so you can remove that entry from awaiting verification.

#174 9 years ago

So tempted. Have to pay for the rest of the MMRLE. Can anyone pm me the winning powerball numbers?

#175 9 years ago

Just came in from the predator thread. It's nasty out there someone pour me a White Russian, quick.

#176 9 years ago

Yeah its rough.. Dropping in to see what condition your condition was in eh?

Another round for everyone

#177 9 years ago

Thankfully my risk profile didn't include a skitb investment. I think I'll go watch the big Lebowski right now actually.

#178 9 years ago

I have been in since October 1st. I got the refund and had to re-submit my 3rd and 4th payment, but not once had it even crossed my mind to cancel my order. The Big Lebowski pinball machine is going to be the best pin ever made!!!

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Just came in from the Predator thread. It's nasty out there someone pour me a White Russian, quick.

White Russians are a bit too retro (unless the mail order bride type) and they will hurt your girlish figure so you won't fit on the rug Try Kettle One and Red Bull Zero, just sayn'

#180 9 years ago

You're out of your element blade runner

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

You're out of your element blade runner

I adapt, it is called evolution

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

I adapt, it is called evolution

Its also called there is a white Russian on the playfield, and a key part of the movie... Hence there is no other drink for this thread, short of a sarsaparilla

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Its also called there is a white Russian on the playfield, and a key part of the movie... Hence there is no other drink for this thread, short of a sarsaparilla

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#184 9 years ago

That's more like it! I am the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules?

#185 9 years ago

10 Days to Go until TBL goes into production!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#186 9 years ago

Hot off the press:
We are very happy to announce that one of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball prototypes will be exhibited at the 2015 Texas Pinball Festival this weekend! If you are visiting the Texas Pinball Festival, you can play The Big Lebowski™ Pinball on the booth from our friends at Cointaker.

Production update & payment reminder
We are still on schedule to deliver the first The Big Lebowski™ Pinball machines in Q2 2015. The preorder process will stop on April 1, 2015. After this day we will start the production of the first batch, including your machine. This means that your pre-order and payment are final from this day.

We look forward to continuing to improve the game and to keeping you updated on the progress as we make it! We are dedicated to delivering to you a game that you will get the maximum amount of enjoyment from for the maximum amount of time!

Team Dutch Pinball
image.jpgimage.jpg

#187 9 years ago

That's great news! Anything new on these prototypes since Expo in Oct 2014?

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hot off the press:
We are very happy to announce that one of The Big Lebowski™ Pinball prototypes will be exhibited at the 2015 Texas Pinball Festival this weekend! If you are visiting the Texas Pinball Festival, you can play The Big Lebowski™ Pinball on the booth from our friends at Cointaker.

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I discovered a double, one of My +2 on the list is also himself on the list, ballypinball1968. So list has to be reduced by 1

Noted and changed.

Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

My friend is on the verified list, so you can remove that entry from awaiting verification.

Got it

Quoted from T-Bone21:

I have been in since October 1st. I got the refund and had to re-submit my 3rd and 4th payment, but not once had it even crossed my mind to cancel my order. The Big Lebowski pinball machine is going to be the best pin ever made!!!

I agree! Got you on the verified dude list where you belong!

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Can anyone pm me the winning powerball numbers?

I've heard you can't go wrong with 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42.

#190 9 years ago

Anyone nervous or backing out at the last minute due to the Predator fiasco and soon to be Zidware one as well. I have officially paid 100% and I'm rolling the dice! onwards and upwards

#191 9 years ago

Paid in full. Praying the odds are in our favor with Dutch Pinball.

#192 9 years ago

Just paid in full.

DP has his stuff, despite philgate, much more under control as SkitB. You cant compare these two.

#193 9 years ago

Darn, just forgot to make my final payment, after the pile of bills i worked through i had enough of it. Will do it this weekend

#194 9 years ago

Not comparing at all which is why I just paid the last installment. Just had a bit of unease due to all these pre paid models going sideways and was wondering, since this was a fairly safe place to post it, what everyone else was doing now that the 31st is fast approaching.

#195 9 years ago

These are exciting times Dudes! If DP keeps on schedule (nothing seems otherwise so far) and start shipping machines within Q2, they can really get momentum on their side! Especially with MMr and TH delayed and the Skit-b / JPOP debacle unfolding at the moment.

#196 9 years ago

Final payment to Dutch Pinball will be made April 1. Final payment to the IRS for 2014 taxes on April 15th along with my 2015 IRS quarterly pre-tax payment on the same day.

I'm kinda sorry you brought Predator and Zidware into this.

#197 9 years ago

Paid in Full and sporting wood while waiting for the best game in recent years to arrive......

#198 9 years ago

Paid in full dudes.

#199 9 years ago

Hey there, I'm new to Pinside! Last week I paid in full for a Big Lebowski pin. It'll be my first pin. I hope a made the right decision? Maybe I should of just got a Medieval Madness remake? But that would have been very un-Dude.

#200 9 years ago

I am paid in full too..... Can't wait to check it out this weekend a TPF

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-urban-achievers-list/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.