(Topic ID: 120198)

TBL True Serial Number list!!! What's yer number dude?

By RTR

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 576 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gmkalos
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 37 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

157efe1b676d522198b9b15edece8343 copy.jpg
IMG_8126 (resized).PNG
PM04 The Big Lebowski articles (resized).jpg
big-lebowski-check.jpg
image.jpg
44792-176856-thatsabummermanpng-noscale.png
TBL_Ransome_note.jpg
TBL4.png
TBL1.png
TBL3.png
TBL2.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
10394487_863021103755368_6083669566890202998_n.jpg

There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.
#500 3 years ago

Lucky number 13 is coming to Gothenburg.

4 months later
#502 3 years ago

Now I'm #125

#503 3 years ago

Did you move up?

#504 3 years ago

Replaced a buyer.

#505 3 years ago

I have to wait till No. 184

#506 3 years ago

So did anyone else move up? I assume a few have dropped out but I never rechecked my number to see if I moved up from #141:

1 week later
#507 3 years ago

It would be great if Dutch could post what sequence they are shipping - like #27 thru #35 the week of June 1. Or are they doing that somewhere that I don't know about?

#508 3 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

It would be great if Dutch could post what sequence they are shipping - like #27 thru #35 the week of June 1. Or are they doing that somewhere that I don't know about?

I'll settle for DP even being up to manufacturing #27 by the first week of June.

The only shipping info I've seen is from other Pinsiders based on their email correspondence with DP. Number 8 is supposed to ship this week.

#509 3 years ago

sweet i am #9

#510 3 years ago
Quoted from genex:

sweet i am #9

Are you shipping via air freight or container?

#511 3 years ago

I'd really like to hear about the time difference if you go freight vs container. So say like #9 gets built this week and if you air freight you'd have it in two weeks vs it sits around for two months waiting for 20 some more to fill a container and then 2 more months at sea and customs. If I was #9 I'd go air freight but I'm in the 30's so depending on the container I should be ready to ship after the build. Dammit, I need to email DP. Why the hell am I asking you guys

#512 3 years ago

It really all depends on how quickly they can start getting games out. The 1 a week situation it seems like we are in now is going to #1 take forever and #2 encourage more people to do air freight which further slows getting to a full container.

They really need to hit 10 a week, so a full 40 game container once a month before it will feel like anything but torture to wait for container.

I plan on container shipping, because the price is so steep.. it erases the cost advantage of my preorder. That's a psychological wall I can't rationalize just yet.. but we'll see how long it takes to get to #17.

#513 3 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

I'd really like to hear about the time difference if you go freight vs container. So say like #9 gets built this week and if you air freight you'd have it in two weeks vs it sits around for two months waiting for 20 some more to fill a container and then 2 more months at sea and customs. If I was #9 I'd go air freight but I'm in the 30's so depending on the container I should be ready to ship after the build. Dammit, I need to email DP. Why the hell am I asking you guys

Dude...if you take the container we will likely be on the same boat.
I'm thinking a road trip to Melissa's to grab them with an un-boxing stop over at Frejoles....We could end up having 4 lebowski's there for a TBL party.

#514 3 years ago

Duuuuuuuude!!!! Alright fuck it! I'm going container. Let's check into this to make sure we're in the same boat. I wonder what number the DC boys have?

#515 3 years ago

I'm going container for my #9

#516 3 years ago

me too for #147

#517 3 years ago
Quoted from genex:

I'm going container for my #9

Damn. No videos of your TBL in the near future then.

No plans for air freighting mine either though.

#518 3 years ago

Glad to be # 147 as research shows that it takes 130 repetitions to get the build process right and that the Dutch are not very focused during the Summer!

#519 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Glad to be # 147 as research shows that it takes 130 repetitions to get the build process right and that the Dutch are not very focused during the Summer!

Don't forget times when the Dutch countrymen are scheduled to be speed skating in the Winter Olympics. Fortunately that doesn't occur until 2018 in South Korea, and your TBL should be completed before then. South Koreans have proven themselves to be crafty skate competitors and they've figured out the car building business. Just waiting for the day when Hyundai or Kia announces they've entered the pinball manufacturing arena. The biggest benefit of that might be derived from a buildup of reliable parts inventories and balancing of the supply chain model.

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

It really all depends on how quickly they can start getting games out. The 1 a week situation it seems like we are in now is going to #1 take forever and #2 encourage more people to do air freight which further slows getting to a full container.
They really need to hit 10 a week, so a full 40 game container once a month before it will feel like anything but torture to wait for container.
I plan on container shipping, because the price is so steep.. it erases the cost advantage of my preorder. That's a psychological wall I can't rationalize just yet.. but we'll see how long it takes to get to #17.

29 for first container not 40 is what I heard.

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

29 for first container not 40 is what I heard.

I wonder if there are container ETAs. Looks like I'll most likely be in the 2nd.

#522 3 years ago

Tough to say who all might be in that first container. I was semi keeping up with country of origin on the list, but not always.

How many to a container? 40?

#523 3 years ago

I guess they will come in through NY or NJ and then head west?

#524 3 years ago

Man, wouldn't it be nice if DP or their distributors put out some OFFICIAL info on this for all pre-orderers' benefit?

Just sayin'.

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Man, wouldn't it be nice if DP or their distributors put out some OFFICIAL info on this for all pre-orderers' benefit?
Just sayin'.

That's crazy talk.

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Just sayin'.

They did. They gave the whole estimated build schedule in the last email update.

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They did. They gave the whole estimated build schedule in the last email update.

Was there an update after the 4/15 nsnl?

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

???

Perhaps I missed something in the interim, but the only estimated build schedule I've seen was released in early February and covered in this thread that I subsequently created:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-production-schedule-released

AND the following is the last official email I received and nowhere does it address an updated production schedule or how many games will be shipped at a time via container:

4/15/2016 - The Big Lebowski™ Pinball - Now shipping - Mark it Dude!

Dear Tim,

The first The Big Lebowski™ Pinball games are boxed and will be picked up on Tuesday to the first achievers who pre-ordered The Big Lebowski™ Pinball !!

We can’t tell you how happy we are! It has been a roller coaster adventure building this pin and now we finally can share the fun of this game with you. The production line has moved be more efficient and we will now slowly ramp up to build more games. We will keep you posted when your game is ready and we will ask you how you want to ship your game.

As you probably remember, our plan was (and still is) to ship the games in batches by sea to the USA. However, we received requests from some achievers who prefer to receive their game earlier and asked us to send it by air. Since the start of this project, we listen to you. You gave us input for the game, gave us ideas for call outs and now you give us the idea to be flexible with shipments. And Dutch Pinball abides. That’s why we offer you the alternative of direct shipment by air so you will receive your game asap. The costs of this shipment will be higher of course but we just want to offer you the option.

1. You choose regular shipment by sea: your game will be sent in a batch to the USA and you only pay the costs in the USA (approximately $ 300.00).
2. You choose direct shipment by air: your game will be sent directly from the factory to your house (approximately $ 1,450.00).

For Achievers in Australia and Asia, we will find out what the costs are for these two choices and inform you later. For Achievers in Europe, it is easy. They will all be shipped directly from the factory to your house by truck. We will inform you individually about the costs (this differs per country and city).

The mission of Dutch Pinball is to bring fun to the world and we believe we succeeded in designing and building the best pinball machine ever with high-quality animations, music, light and SFX, immersive game-play and love for details. We hope you will love it as much as we do.

We'll send out more updates as soon as we have more 'new shit' to show you guys!

Until then, stay tuned.

Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball

#529 3 years ago

If airfreight from Amsterdam airport it arrives next day in Usa
One day then in Customs
And maybe 2-3 days to deliver
So shipping air from Holland on Monday you have game delivered Friday latest

Go ocean and it be at least 3-4 weeks

Cost almost the same for air via ocean.

Quoted from sd_tom:

#530 3 years ago

Yes, air is faster than boat. Not sure anyone is questioning that part . I was more saying if they can get production up such that a boatload is ready monthly, that pace will have the entire pre order run complete within 5 months (200ish games). At such a pace, I personally don't see large amounts of people paying the air freight premium. If they trickle out one at a time for another month or two, and containers only fill up once every 2-3 months.. more people will pull the trigger on air freight, which further exacerbates delays in filling a complete container.

I doubt DP is trying to do anything other than get production numbers way up; it makes sense for everyone.

#531 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I doubt DP is trying to do anything other than get production numbers way up; it makes sense for everyone.

For those anxiously waiting like myself, got word from the man himself a NSNL will be out next couple of days with what I found to be quite a positive update on the shipping container and the estimate for it heading out packed with games! I won't steal the thunder but made me excited, fingers crossed!

#532 3 years ago

Just got an email update this morning ! Snap!

Copy paste:

As you may already know the first The Big Lebowski™ Pinball games have arrived at the first achievers. Our goal is now to ramp up production as fast as we can so everybody will soon get their game. We hope the shipment of the first container with 21 games for the US will leave the factory as soon as possible.

Here are some pictures of the first games that have been delivered to the first achievers!

Production has moved
In the first weeks of production, we found out that we needed more space. That’s why we moved the production to another hall at our production facility. New people were hired as well and they now are fully trained for building (parts of) the games.

The factory builds the games and pre-tests them according to our (very thorough) testing procedure. After this, we (Dutch Pinball) test the machine as well. Yesterday we tested and boxed game #9. Next Monday, TBL #10, #11 and #12 will be ready to be tested. When a game passes the test we will contact the achiever to ask what type of shipment he prefers.

We realize the amount of games that have been built might not seem like a lot, but we are confident that in the next couple of weeks the ‘rate per week’ will go up as we – and the factory – are getting better and faster at building the games.

Shipping FAQ's
We've received a lot of question about shipping. So here are some frequently asked questions and answers about shipping:

Q: How many games will be shipped in one container and how long does it take to travel on a boat to the US?
A: A 20-foot container will fit 21 games. As soon as it is fully loaded it will be transported to the port (Rotterdam) and ship to Cointaker who will handle the local distribution in the US. When we have 21 games ready will depend on the amount of games that are ordered for the US (we produce by number) plus how many customers choose to ship by air. From the 9 games that are tested and boxed, five are waiting to go in the container. Of the next 20 games, 16 are for the US.

Q: Is it possible to arrange shipping by myself?
A: Yes, you can. Please send an email to sales@dutchpinball.com to arrange the time and date for pickup. Please keep in mind that you need to arrange the insurance as well if you choose this option.

Q: When will my game ship and should I already let you know which shipping method I prefer?
A: As soon as your game is (almost) ready you will receive an email to confirm your delivery address and to ask which shipment method you prefer. Until you receive this question, you don't have to do anything.
We'll send out more updates as soon as we have more 'new shit' to show you guys!

Until then, stay tuned.

Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball

#533 3 years ago

Now that they are shipping, I bothered to actually look it up...our TBL is #133 (if anyone is still updating the list). Looks like they are something like 9 weeks behind the schedule they released in Feb.

#534 3 years ago
Quoted from jakekpgh:

Looks like they are something like 9 weeks behind the schedule they released in Feb.

If it's not late as fuck, it's not pinball!

5 months later
#535 3 years ago

#536 3 years ago

Does anyone know what number they are on?

#537 3 years ago

The latest US container that supposedly just landed ends at #51.

#538 3 years ago

number 58 was unboxed in Europe on Oct 10th....

#539 3 years ago

Jaap said apparently in vacouver skype interview they are doing approx 8 pcs a week so 58 2 weeks plus 16 makes 74. So guessing a little south of 80

And I helped unboxing 58 so definetely that no is correct

So doing the math teaches me my no 163 end of jan - first half feb taking 2 weeks christmas holiday into account. And no waiting for a container for me. Will go to factory and do endtest there myself and load it in the car afterwards. Gonna be a long 3 months however ...

#540 3 years ago

And if you have a BBB, in europe somebidy is offering to swap his delivered TBL with a BBB.

If value TBL really matches BBB this is a great compliment for DP but frankly speaking I dont think so

#541 3 years ago

#31 and #33 here. Tracked them til Ireland until they came back on the gps in Halifax and then to NYC. Anyone in the Baltimore area contact me soon and come and play it for totally free!!!
I got a case of Kamora, f@#k Kahlua. Seriously though, it's time. So excited after all these years.

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

#31 and #33 here. Tracked them til Ireland until they came back on the gps in Halifax and then to NYC. Anyone in the Baltimore area contact me soon and come and play it for totally free!!!
I got a case of Kamora, f@#k Kahlua. Seriously though, it's time. So excited after all these years.

PM sent.

4 weeks later
#543 3 years ago

For those who missed the other announcement: Pinball Magazine No. 4 is out and has a 17-page interview with Barry and Jaap of Dutch Pinball about the making of The Big Lebowski. On top of that LCD animator Jean-Paul de Win is also featured with a similar sized interview of which 5 pages are dedecated to his work on The Big Lebowski. That's 23 pages of behind the scenes info on The Big Lebowski, illustrated with some early renders to show development. If you haven't already done so, order your copy on www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

PM04 The Big Lebowski articles (resized).jpg

1 week later
#544 3 years ago

So the one at the local arcade is having a few small problems. Hoping another owner may be able to provide some help. Left flipper is sticking up as soon as powered on. Go into test mode and it works. Also the bowling mech is auto launching the second ball everytime if you miss on the first shot.....anyone know proc to provide some help?

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So the one at the local arcade is having a few small problems. Hoping another owner may be able to provide some help. Left flipper is sticking up as soon as powered on. Go into test mode and it works. Also the bowling mech is auto launching the second ball everytime if you miss on the first shot.....anyone know proc to provide some help?
Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Already fixed

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Already fixed

What was the problem?

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What was the problem?

Will Che k when I head down there tonight.

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What was the problem?

Apparently just a loose connector

#549 2 years ago

Back in dudes! I lost my way for a while...very un-dude like...sorry

#550 2 years ago

Hello fellow TBL hopefuls,

I tried registering on Dutch Pinball and they require you to enter their first project name to, I suppose, tharwt spambots ( Dutch version of Captcha?). Anyhows, I tried The Big Lebowski and Bride of Pinbot to no avail. I'm trying to make sure they still know I exist as a pre-order. Believe it or not, they temporarily lost my name and I had to go find my deposit. They 'supposedly' have me in the system now (#126), but I remain in the dark when my TBL will ship. Any advice/help/ideas?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 15.00
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
£ 45.00
Lighting - Other
PinballToys
There are 576 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside