• 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by sd_tom
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

currency.png

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

The production of the "industrialised version" will start in April. This models will first be tested (i think in the EU) before the final production will begin.

#52 8 years ago

I can't wait until they start shipping these beauties!

#53 8 years ago

I´m starting to wonder why there´s so little news from DP in the last couple of weeks. I have no clue at all how a pinball manufacturing line works but shouldn´t there be enough activity for more or less a weekly newsletter? I would imagine empty playfields and cabinets piling up, carpets all over the place, more test harnesses running like the one for the bowling alley and so on and so forth?
Am I the only one wondering what´s going on and can somebody please tell me to relax?

#54 8 years ago

SEND MONEY NOW... if you haven't already... if you have... SEND MORE!

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

I´m starting to wonder why there´s so little news from DP in the last couple of weeks. I have no clue at all how a pinball manufacturing line works but shouldn´t there be enough activity for more or less a weekly newsletter? I would imagine empty playfields and cabinets piling up, carpets all over the place, more test harnesses running like the one for the bowling alley and so on and so forth?
Am I the only one wondering what´s going on and can somebody please tell me to relax?

For better or worse these guys don't have a lot to say publically until there's significant milestones to report. They do generally respond to customer inquiries, so can email them if you want.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

I´m starting to wonder why there´s so little news from DP in the last couple of weeks. I have no clue at all how a pinball manufacturing line works but shouldn´t there be enough activity for more or less a weekly newsletter? I would imagine empty playfields and cabinets piling up, carpets all over the place, more test harnesses running like the one for the bowling alley and so on and so forth?Am I the only one wondering what´s going on and can somebody please tell me to relax?

Not really much upside to that. They have their initial orders in and they need to focus on building the games now. The more time that's spent on geting pics and putting out weekly newsletter and such would take away time from getting games rolling down the production line. It may sound trivial, but the way that the community scrutinizes every little detail they put out there now, they would need to spend time on making sure the wording is perfect, the pics look right, etc. It's just not worth it at this point. I know I'd prefer they concentrate on getting the machine perfect and out the door.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

These guys secured the licensing rights, right?

The final playfield design / art package has been approved. However, does anyone know of the songs and callouts that are slated to be in the game? Several months ago, I heard news that voice work from John Goodman couldn't be used and I'm wondering too, what (if any) songs from the soundtrack were cut. Based on everything I've see thus far, this game looks to be an awesome display of pinball technology when complete!

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

The final playfield design / art package has been approved. However, does anyone know of the songs and callouts that are slated to be in the game? Several months ago, I heard news that voice work from John Goodman couldn't be used and I'm wondering too, what (if any) songs from the soundtrack were cut. Based on everything I've see thus far, this game looks to be an awesome display of pinball technology when complete!

See my post here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-to-begin-shipping-june-2015#post-2337719

As of Feb 9, 2015, DP posted a picture of Roger Sharpe's face with a bunch of checkboxes next to it, including music, saying that each had been approved. I take that as a pretty definitive statement that they view all IP approvals as finalized. Looking at the picture again, it doesn't specify call-outs so I suppose that's potentially still in question.

2 months later
#59 8 years ago

Any updates on TBL Production?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-to-begin-shipping-june-2015/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.