• someday 4 votes
    12%

(34 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9B4A1C76-137E-477A-9FEA-6ED90E1DACCE.gif

#1 2 years ago

Hey.

So I have the privilege of keeping a #Thebiglebowski up and running.
For awhile it played great, no issues. .. . . .. .

The operating system started popping up messages asking if I want to report a software error. Every time the machine starts, it pops up and I have to use my wireless mouse to click it off.

Now today I find the game not starting at all. The coin door buttons don't work either. The game is just idling.

I checked out the thread about bugs and what not here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-software-bugs-and-errors-post-them-here

but didn't find my issues or any help in there. I'm hoping maybe someone can help me out with this.

I was thinking of hooking up a wireless wifi dongle and letting the OS do it's thing, maybe that would help ?

Thanks to anyone who replies, I really appreciate the help !

#2 2 years ago

Less than 3 months ago you posted that you just learned what the credit dot means... no disrespect here but... Big Lebowski can be a very difficult and expensive beast to maintain.

9B4A1C76-137E-477A-9FEA-6ED90E1DACCE.gif9B4A1C76-137E-477A-9FEA-6ED90E1DACCE.gif

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from JadedHesher:

The operating system started popping up messages asking if I want to report a software error. Every time the machine starts, it pops up and I have to use my wireless mouse to click it off.

I had this with one I have been taking care of. Downloading the latest v0.57 code and did a factory reset as well, and I hadn't had any above issues since then. The messages showed up with v0.55 and v0.56 on this machine. What is the current version in the game you're working on?

https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software.php

#4 2 years ago

Okay so I figured it out.

Basically the game froze however, the display just keeps rolling. Looking through the manual I realized you can operate the machine with a keyboard, do tests, add credits all kinds of cool stuff. Finally getting into the test menu unfroze the game and it snapped back to normal.

As for the OS software error, again looking through the manual it shows you how to open the command promt and enter in a command and turn that error message off.

So it looks like the game is back to normal, plays great.

Just FYI, for anyone having issues with the upper playfield, and not being able to get the ball up the ramp ...

First check your flipper, make sure it's positioned good. if it's up and away from the edge of the playfield, then the flipper can't get the angle of the ramp. Also check the level of your machine. If it's raked forward like a hot rod, and you have no more threads left in the back, and it's slammed all the way down in front, then you need to level your machine. Doing those 2 things fixed the ball not getting up the ramp for me.

Anyhoo, thanks for the replies and help and I really appreciate the people who are kind enough to help me out when I get stuck working on all these wonderful machines.

Cheers !

2 months later
#5 2 years ago

I just want to thank you for asking the question and ultimately proving the answer. I just recently had the same problem. I love the helpers on these posts!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-strikes-again- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.