IMG_20230626_173520503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230626_173505611 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230626_173444356 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
20230523_181114 (resized).jpg
E0D26D12-A2CC-4BAA-BC29-A82B91D08AF4 (resized).jpeg
D8A6016F-FAB0-43A8-86B0-4E894991B4C9 (resized).jpeg
There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 1 year ago

As some are aware, I have been working with a few other pinsiders and come up with a pretty cool (I think) sound package for The Big Lebowski. The purpose of this thread is to gather further suggestions moving forward. I am not interested in doing one off versions for different people (way too much work!), but definitely open to feedback from the larger group on potential changes going forward. Everyone has different musical tastes, but hoping we can make further modifications that stay close to the movie/theme...

Also, some shoutouts to some key contributors:

KSP1138 - For the original randomization idea. We used his script as the baseline.
timlah79 - For additional music enhancements, additions, and callouts!
ray-dude - For helping with the distribution and hosting.

Here is where we are at currently:

==========
Hotel California
==========

1. Hotel California (Gipsy kings version)
2. Green River
3. Bad Moon Rising
4. Sympathy for the Devil
5. Baba O' Riley
6. Evil Ways (Santana)
7. Hotel California (Gipsy kings version) (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Just Dropped In
=========

1. Just Dropped In (jyeakley loop v1)
2. Just Dropped In (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Lookin'
=========

1. Lookin' (jyeakley loop v1)
2. Lookin' (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Oye Como Va
=========

1. Man in Me
2. Oye Como Va (jyeakley loop v1)
3. The Gambler
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Ring of Fire
6. Sultans of Swing
7. Oye Como Va (timlah79 alternate loop)

===============
Run through the Jungle
===============

1. Run through the Jungle (jyeakley loop v1)
2. Proud Mary
3. Paint it Black
4. Born on the bayou
5. Miss you (Rolling Stones)
6. Hurricane
7. Run through the Jungle (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Rug Modes
=========

1. Where’s The Money
a. The Man In Me (timlah79)
b. I Hate You (timlah79 v1)
c. I Hate You (timlah79 v2)

2. Ransom Note
a. Traffic Boom (timlah79)
b. Requiem Mass in D minor

3. Female Form
a. Stock Music
b. Standing On the Corner

4. Ringer
a. Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles (timlah79)
b. Mucha Muchacha

5. See What Happens
a. Placere Sequence (timlah79)
b. Viva Las Vegas

6. Donny
a. My Mood Swings (timlah79)
b. Stamping Ground (timlah79)

=========
Main (loop, intro, skillshot)
=========

1. The Man In Me (various timlah79 loops)

=========
Main Multiball
=========

1. Traffic Boom

=========
Nihilist Showdown
=========

1. Technopop (We Believe In Nothing) (timlah79 alternate loop)
2. Technopop (We Believe In Nothing) (jyeakley loop v1)

=========
Bowling Loop
=========

1. Behave Yourself (timlah79)
2. Dead Flowers (jyeakley loop v1)

=========
Car Mode Select
=========

1. I Got It Bad (and That Ain't Good)

#2 1 year ago

I still need to figure out how to get this on my game....i.e. someone that is smarter than me doing it so I don't screw something up.
So excited to get this on mine eventually!

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I still need to figure out how to get this on my game....i.e. someone that is smarter than me doing it so I don't screw something up.
So excited to get this on mine eventually!

PM me. Worst case I can send you a drive that is plug and play.

#4 1 year ago

Has anything changed in the last 3 months that would make it worth sending my module back for updating?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Has anything changed in the last 3 months that would make it worth sending my module back for updating?

Most definitely! The refinement and additional variety have been a big step forward I think.

#6 1 year ago

Has this been updated with new songs? I’m not sure I have this version with the fellow Pinsider collaborations. How can I upgrade ?

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Most definitely! The refinement and additional variety have been a big step forward I think.

I’m guessing there are still only three songs available when the game is turned on and those songs are random and cannot be changed unless the game is restarted?

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Has this been updated with new songs? I’m not sure I have this version with the fellow Pinsider collaborations. How can I upgrade ?

PM sent

#9 1 year ago

I’m guessing there are still only three songs available when the game is turned on and those songs are random and cannot be changed unless the game is restarted?

Yeah, not much we can do about that since they are loaded into memory by the DP code. We did add the ability to randomize rug mode songs, Nihilist Showdown, and some callouts though

#10 1 year ago

I’ll chime…

This is a massive improvement for the game.

#11 1 year ago

I think I have the older version. May need to try the newest.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I think I have the older version. May need to try the newest.

Shoot me a PM for instructions

#14 1 year ago

This is definitely the most stable this mod has been and most seem happy with it. It is tough since everyone has different musical taste (which I understand), but I am also not interested in customizing images for individuals. So there are really 3 things I have outstanding:

1. The Gambler. Some love it and 1 person keeps messaging me saying they can't stand it. What say you? Should it stay or go? I personally like it, but bias.

2. Grouping. Does it make sense to group songs together? Currently on startup we randomize within each song category (Hotel Calif, Oye Como Va, Run through), but it wouldn't be that hard to group them...e.g. I could re-organized so that all the song #1s played or #2s, etc. on start up. A good example would be to make the original tracks all #1 do that if #1 hit, you would get all three of those songs for that session. OR do we keep as is and everything is a surprise each power up?

3. Any other song swaps? Would love to know!

Thanks!

#15 1 year ago

1. No opinion on this. Doesn't bother me.
2. I like the randomness of the songs.
3. I don't like that the sound effect for the scoop eject sounds like a spinner. Seems off. Can that be changed?

#16 1 year ago

I’m not a fan of the gambler but It’s not bad just a little slow.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from fossmin:

1. No opinion on this. Doesn't bother me.
3. I don't like that the sound effect for the scoop eject sounds like a spinner. Seems off. Can that be changed?

this is intentional and matters with the latest rule set. If you have not achieved Mystery, the scoop counts as several spins. Get at least level 1 Mystery and it won’t make the sound.

#18 1 year ago

Any chance you guys will still be doing this towards Q4 of 2023? I'd love to dude up the sounds.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Any chance you guys will still be doing this towards Q4 of 2023? I'd love to dude up the sounds.

For sure. Just shoot me a PM. I have a DIY option (free + a couple supplies) if you are willing to invest a few minutes OR I can image it for you.

#20 1 year ago

1. Gambler is cool, keep!

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

For sure. Just shoot me a PM. I have a DIY option (free + a couple supplies) if you are willing to invest a few minutes OR I can image it for you.

You guys are awesome. Thank you. Now I just need my TBL to get made.

#22 1 year ago

OK - so based on feedback, I think I am going to leave the latest version (v6) alone for a bit. Played it a lot over the past couple weeks and I am pretty happy with where it is at. Please keep the feedback coming in this thread!

#23 1 year ago

Appreciate all you guys did with this and excited for whatever final polish might be coming.

Also just FYI to others, I learned from talking to these folks that there is a special challenge getting a song that works well with wizard mode, given the length of time that it plays.

Excited to see what can be done with that wizard mode though. Now that Koen made the cool feature to start a one ball wizard mode, there are LOTS of times that awful grating music makes me want to punch the speakers

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Appreciate all you guys did with this and excited for whatever final polish might be coming.
Also just FYI to others, I learned from talking to these folks that there is a special challenge getting a song that works well with wizard mode, given the length of time that it plays.
Excited to see what can be done with that wizard mode though. Now that Koen made the cool feature to start a one ball wizard mode, there are LOTS of times that awful grating music makes me want to punch the speakers

Yes a challenge for sure but I just surpassed that hurdle today. Stay tuned. Dude Abides replacements are coming soon. Still fine tuning.

#25 1 year ago

Thanks to those who contributed to the project. The variety and added songs were a big improvement to an already awesome pin!

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Yes a challenge for sure but I just surpassed that hurdle today. Stay tuned. Dude Abides replacements are coming soon. Still fine tuning.

This is going to be soooo cool...stay tuned!

#27 1 year ago

Please fill me in. I have a TBL on order and hope to have it within the next months. What exactly is this sound mod. Is it something I can purchase or is it software that can ben loaded onto the pc?

1 week later
#28 1 year ago

Somebody let me know when the final image is ready. I was tinkering with a way to be able to toggle between randomizing the music and defined playlists. And having the modded music stored on a mounted USB thumb drive instead of the internal drive itself, to make changing songs easier.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Somebody let me know when the final image is ready. I was tinkering with a way to be able to toggle between randomizing the music and defined playlists. And having the modded music stored on a mounted USB thumb drive instead of the internal drive itself, to make changing songs easier.

I will let you know. Still a few tweaks left!

#30 1 year ago

This mod is amazing -- really transforms the game

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

This mod is amazing -- really transforms the game

Correction: “it really ties the game together”

#32 1 year ago

FYI for anyone who isn't sure when it comes to upgrading code with your modded HD: As jyeakley pointed out here in the main TBL thread when 1.10 came out, there is no issue in following the standard upgrade process. In other words, you can also upgrade to 1.11 without issue.

#33 1 year ago

OK - version 7 is coming soon. We just started putting this thing through the ringer and will be distributing to a few folks for beta in the next week or so to work out any kinks....

Lots of changes coming. Highlights:

- timlah79 killed it and figured out the Dude Abides wizard mode. He did some amazing work and weaved in Placiere and an instrumental Viva Las Vegas that fits perfectly. He even figured out how to replicate the drugged effect to overlay.

- I downloaded higher quality audio files for a couple songs that weren't the absolute highest quality.

- I re-cut all of the Hotel California and Running through the Jungle tracks so that the intro lengths matched the DP stock lengths. This fixes the issue where the outro would loop and repeat since they were too short.

- Tim added some additional callouts for the "Let's go bowling" ("That creep can roll man")

- Tim added another bowling loop (Tammy)

- Tim added another track to "Female Form" rug mode (Lujon)

- Tim added another track to "See What Happens" (Branded Theme Song)

- I swapped out Babba 'O Riley for Let it Ride (BTO). Babba is a great song, but doesn't fit as nicely.

- I leveled all the songs to be the same volume across the board. This allows a more consistent experience.

- I bumped the music volume to 55% from the stock 40%

There is probably more I missed, but we have been busy. Right now I have the script also randomizing the Dude Abides Wizard music between Stock and Tim's. So on power up, you will get one or the other. This keeps it fresh and fun!

More to come on the release. Big thanks to @timlah79, excellent work!

We are hoping that after this is pushed out, we can let it settle for a bit. Cheers Dudes!

#34 1 year ago

Current summary:

==========
Hotel California
==========

1. Hotel California (Gipsy kings version)
2. Green River
3. Bad Moon Rising
4. Sympathy for the Devil
5. Let it Ride (BTO)
6. Evil Ways (Santana)
7. Hotel California (Gipsy kings version) (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Just Dropped In
=========

1. Just Dropped In (jyeakley loop v1)
2. Just Dropped In (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Lookin'
=========

1. Lookin' (jyeakley loop v1)
2. Lookin' (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Oye Como Va
=========

1. Man in Me
2. Oye Como Va (jyeakley loop v1)
3. The Gambler
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Ring of Fire
6. Sultans of Swing
7. Oye Como Va (timlah79 alternate loop)

===============
Run through the Jungle
===============

1. Run through the Jungle (jyeakley loop v1)
2. Proud Mary
3. Paint it Black
4. Born on the bayou
5. Miss you (Rolling Stones)
6. Hurricane
7. Run through the Jungle (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Rug Modes
=========

1. Where’s The Money
1. The Man In Me (timlah79)
2. I Hate You (timlah79 v1)
3. I Hate You (timlah79 v2)

2. Ransom Note
1. Traffic Boom (timlah79)
2. Requiem Mass in D minor

3. Female Form
1. Stock Music
2. Standing On the Corner
3. Lujon (timlah79)

4. Ringer
1. Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles (timlah79)
2. Mucha Muchacha

5. See What Happens
1. Dick On A Case (timlah79)
2. Viva Las Vegas
3. Branded Theme Song (timlah79)

6. Donny
1. My Mood Swings (timlah79)
2. Stamping Ground (timlah79)

=========
Main (loop, intro, skillshot)
=========

1. The Man In Me (various timlah79 loops)

=========
Main Multiball
=========

1. Traffic Boom

=========
Nihilist Showdown
=========

1. Technopop (We Believe In Nothing) (timlah79 alternate loop)
2. Technopop (We Believe In Nothing) (jyeakley loop v1)

=========
Bowling Loop
=========

1. Behave Yourself (timlah79)
2. Dead Flowers (jyeakley loop v1)
3. Tammy (timlah79)

=========
Car Mode Select
=========

===========
The Dude Abides
===========

Characters: Placiere
Multiball: Instrumental Viva Las Vegas (includes drugged version as well)

#35 1 year ago

I have a previous release and really looking forward to this upgraded work - awesome guys!!

#36 1 year ago

Looking forward to updating to this new version! Previous versions were awesome and this is taking it further over the top! Great work!!!

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

OK - version 7 is coming soon. We just started putting this thing through the ringer and will be distributing to a few folks for beta in the next week or so to work out any kinks....
Lots of changes coming. Highlights:
- timlah79 killed it and figured out the Dude Abides wizard mode. He did some amazing work and weaved in Placiere and an instrumental Viva Las Vegas that fits perfectly. He even figured out how to replicate the drugged effect to overlay.
- I downloaded higher quality audio files for a couple songs that weren't the absolute highest quality.
- I re-cut all of the Hotel California and Running through the Jungle tracks so that the intro lengths matched the DP stock lengths. This fixes the issue where the outro would loop and repeat since they were too short.
- Tim added some additional callouts for the "Let's go bowling" ("That creep can roll man")
- Tim added another bowling loop (Tammy)
- Tim added another track to "Female Form" rug mode (Lujon)
- Tim added another track to "See What Happens" (Branded Theme Song)
- I swapped out Babba 'O Riley for Let it Ride (BTO). Babba is a great song, but doesn't fit as nicely.
- I leveled all the songs to be the same volume across the board. This allows a more consistent experience.
- I bumped the music volume to 55% from the stock 40%
There is probably more I missed, but we have been busy. Right now I have the script also randomizing the Dude Abides Wizard music between Stock and Tim's. So on power up, you will get one or the other. This keeps it fresh and fun!
More to come on the release. Big thanks to timlah79, excellent work!
We are hoping that after this is pushed out, we can let it settle for a bit. Cheers Dudes!

Nice call on Let it Ride by BTO Dude!

#38 1 year ago

Nice call on Let it Ride by BTO Dude!

Credit to fossmin on that one. Fits perfectly.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Credit to fossmin on that one. Fits perfectly.

Awesome! Glad you put it in the mix!

#40 1 year ago

Does this mod not support family mode? I have family mode on and still get a good amount of F bombs.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Does this mod not support family mode? I have family mode on and still get a good amount of F bombs.

Should - where are you hearing F Bombs?

#42 1 year ago

"Fuck it, let's go bowling" is one I've heard. I think a couple of others, but haven't been writing them down.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

"Fuck it, let's go bowling" is one I've heard. I think a couple of others, but haven't been writing them down.

Ah yes, the callouts. I think the only one is the one you mention "Eh, Fuck it Dude, let's go bowling" and "WTF is up with this guy, who is he?" on the jackpot. I suppose I can just remove those completely. I have no way of knowing when Family Mode is enabled, so better to error on the safe side...

==========
Let's Go Bowling
==========

1. Walter "Eh, Fuck it Dude, let's go bowling"
2. Stock actor "Let's Go Bowling"

==========
Look Down
==========

1. The Dude "That creep can roll, man"
2. Stock actor "Look down"

==========
Jackpot 1
==========

1. Maude Laughing
2. Stock actor "Jackpot!"

==========
Jackpot 2
==========

1. Knox Harrington Laughing

==========
Jackpot 3
==========

1. Knox & Maude Laughing

==========
Super Jackpot 1
==========

1. Maude "Que ridiculo!" + Knox Laughing
2. Stock actor "Super Jackpot!"

==========
Super Jackpot 2
==========

1. The Dude "WTF is up with this guy, who is he?" + Knox & Maude Laughing

==========
Super Jackpot 3
==========
1. Knox & Maude Laughing (alternate cut)

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Ah yes, the callouts. I think the only one is the one you mention "Eh, Fuck it Dude, let's go bowling" and "WTF is up with this guy, who is he?" on the jackpot. I suppose I can just remove those completely. I have no way of knowing when Family Mode is enabled, so better to error on the safe side...

This is Lebowski, screw family mode or removing anything. This game was meant to swear!

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

This is Lebowski, screw family mode or removing anything. This game was meant to swear!

My cousin’s 4-yr-old son called my nephew a “dumb fuck” the other day. Out of the mouths of babes…
I think kids nowadays can handle the TBL callouts.

#46 1 year ago

I think for now at least, I am going to leave them in. I have gotten a flurry of PMs asking to leave them and I really don't want to maintain 2 different images...

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

=========
Car Mode Select
=========

Note that Car Mode Select now has a second alternative, Tumbling Tumbleweeds.

#48 1 year ago

For me, I don't care too much if my own kids hear it, but I like to be careful when they have friends over as not every parent operates by the same guidelines. I just told them to leave the game off. Same rule applies to TWD w/ Cleland's sound package

#49 1 year ago

A video of the music in the Dude Abides…

#50 1 year ago

Played a couple games. Gives an idea of some music.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-sound-mod?hl=ray-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.