IMG_20230626_173520503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230626_173505611 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230626_173444356 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
20230523_181114 (resized).jpg
E0D26D12-A2CC-4BAA-BC29-A82B91D08AF4 (resized).jpeg
D8A6016F-FAB0-43A8-86B0-4E894991B4C9 (resized).jpeg
There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 1 year ago

Game 2.

#52 1 year ago

I can't even believe what you all did with this. Incredible job and kudos to everyone who had a hand in this. #Legendary!

My 1 and only suggestion would be to seriously put in a family mode. The "sex" talk and the swearing is just not good for little ears.

Congrats again on such a phenomenon job with this. Beyond amazing.

Btw... I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE CHINAMAN! I'M TALKING ABOUT DRAWING A LINE IN THE SAND! Also Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian American please. Lol

#53 1 year ago

I say MORE swearing!!!!! awesome mod guys!

How hard is it to install?

#54 1 year ago

Awesome work…you have taken the game to the next level! Can’t wait to get the final version installed!!

#55 1 year ago

I haven't even received my Lebowski yet but had to have this!

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I think for now at least, I am going to leave them in. I have gotten a flurry of PMs asking to leave them and I really don't want to maintain 2 different images...

Thank God. I was going to cancel my order. Not because of the mirco playfield issues but because I thought you were going to nerf the audio. Thank you Thank you thank you.

#57 1 year ago

why did you put the song "looking at my backdoor" on the regular multiball? This multiball is all about the gutterballs scene and needs the song "what condition my condition was in"

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

why did you put the song "looking at my backdoor" on the regular multiball? This multiball is all about the gutterballs scene and needs the song "what condition my condition was in"

The Character Multiball still uses “What condition my condition was in”, didn’t change that, just added original track. Looking at my back door we just replaced with original track and then timlah79 did a custom track (random between the two).

Not sure what you are talking about…

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Thank God. I was going to cancel my order. Not because of the mirco playfield issues but because I thought you were going to nerf the audio. Thank you Thank you thank you.

LOL - this is just a mod dude. It has no bearing on DPs stock music. Definitely wouldn’t cancel anything based on this mod

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

LOL - this is just a mod dude. It has no bearing on DPs stock music. Definitely wouldn’t cancel anything based on this mod

I was just being tounge and cheek. Seriously, I do think that other companies are trying to make games that won't offend anyone and by doing that the games are just watered down. I just want to have a white Russian or two and have fun. It's refreshing when titles like Alien and TBL get released.

Then modders like the team doing this take it over the top.

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

This mod is about that good though. I don't think I could go back to stock

#62 1 year ago

Any update on the status of the final custom code? Would love to get mine updated!

Thanks and awesome work!!

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

Any update on the status of the final custom code? Would love to get mine updated!
Thanks and awesome work!!

Gave a few people access to the image. Discovered one last tweak yesterday, but I am out of town i until Sunday…hoping next week sometime can get the final version out!

#64 1 year ago

And....We have a "final" version. Just cut v7.1 earlier this week and testing looks great. Hope you all are enjoying the mod!

PM for info. Here is where we are at:

==========
Hotel California
==========

1. Hotel California (Gipsy kings version)
2. Green River
3. Bad Moon Rising
4. Sympathy for the Devil
5. Let it Ride (BTO)
6. Evil Ways (Santana)
7. Hotel California (Gipsy kings version) (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Just Dropped In
=========

1. Just Dropped In (jyeakley loop v1)
2. Just Dropped In (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Lookin'
=========

1. Lookin' (jyeakley loop v1)
2. Lookin' (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Oye Como Va
=========

1. Man in Me
2. Oye Como Va (jyeakley loop v1)
3. The Gambler
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Ring of Fire
6. Sultans of Swing
7. Oye Como Va (timlah79 alternate loop)

===============
Run through the Jungle
===============

1. Run through the Jungle (jyeakley loop v1)
2. Proud Mary
3. Paint it Black
4. Born on the bayou
5. Miss you (Rolling Stones)
6. Hurricane
7. Run through the Jungle (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Rug Modes
=========

1. Where’s The Money
1. I Hate You (timlah79 v1)
2. I Hate You (timlah79 v2)

2. Ransom Note
1. Traffic Boom (timlah79)
2. Requiem Mass in D minor

3. Female Form
1. Stock Music
2. Standing On the Corner
3. Lujon (timlah79)

4. Ringer
1. Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles (timlah79)
2. Mucha Muchacha

5. See What Happens
1. Dick On A Case (timlah79)
2. Viva Las Vegas
3. Branded Theme Song (timlah79)

6. Donny
1. My Mood Swings (timlah79)
2. Stamping Ground (timlah79)

=========
Main (loop, intro, skillshot)
=========

1. The Man In Me (various timlah79 loops)

=========
Main Multiball
=========

1. Traffic Boom

=========
Nihilist Showdown
=========

1. Technopop (We Believe In Nothing) (timlah79 alternate loop)
2. Technopop (We Believe In Nothing) (jyeakley loop v1)

=========
Bowling Loop
=========

1. Behave Yourself (timlah79)
2. Dead Flowers (jyeakley loop v1)
3. Tammy (timlah79)

=========
Car Mode Select
=========

1. I Got It Bad (and That Ain't Good)
2. Tumbling Tumbleweeds

===========
The Dude Abides
===========

Characters: Placiere
Multiball: Instrumental Viva Las Vegas (includes drugged version as well)

#65 1 year ago

Audio mods make such a difference. Coming from experience, I know it's not easy guys. GREAT job! Community efforts like this is what makes this website so good.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

===========
The Dude Abides
===========

Some interesting tidbits about my work on Dude Abides wizard mode that I thought would be fun to share...

DA Characters Mode: I cut up Placiere Sequence for all 12 single song loops involved, making each cut a progression from start to finish. This was one of very few original soundtrack songs that was both long enough to properly cut and loop as well as have a good "energy" + progression for DA Characters Mode. I think it was an appropriate decision but am open to any feedback! Fun fact: I actually blended the stock "rhodes" intro into the beginning of the first Placiere loop to keep the transition/opening true to the design.

DA Multiball Mode: I think the instrumental version of Elvis' Viva Las Vegas was also a good choice here. Seems to transition well once you get into the mode. I also tried my best to mimic the "drugged" audio effect that DP uses on their stock song. It was a bit of a guessing game on the effect/filters used but I think I got close. I added the effect lightly as I didn't want to go too hard in fear of introducing audio anomalies.

Regardless, I think both work really well for DA from start to end. I hope you all agree!

This has been a super fun chance to collaborate with others and I'm stoked to be playing a part from the audio side of things. Props to KSP1138 for his genius script implementation and jyeakley for fantastic song decisions, precise audio work, and of course managing the mod.

#67 1 year ago

I’m still having an issue reloading high scores after flashing the new music image.

Before I did it, I used an NFTS formatted usb (FAT32 won’t work with the custom music image like it will with OEM).

I successfully saved / exported the database to the USB through the menu. (Note: the game will say No Drive Found if you don’t load the code .zip only it first).

Now with the new music image, I selected USB import and Database file and it just flashes “loading” for like 1/4 second. But it doesn’t really load. So everything is gone as far as high scores and profiles and game settings.

Anyone successful in doing this? Too late now for me since I already etched this image.

#68 1 year ago

USB import of the database worked fine for me. I too have a NTFS formatted USB stick that I just leave plugged in. Haven't had an issue with any exports/imports after I moved to NTFS

Do you see older DB backups on the import screen? Any of them work?

#69 1 year ago

Easiest best mod ever.
You can never go back.

2B3EF189-4A8C-4BF8-9656-975608512A91 (resized).jpeg2B3EF189-4A8C-4BF8-9656-975608512A91 (resized).jpeg

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

USB import of the database worked fine for me. I too have a NTFS formatted USB stick that I just leave plugged in. Haven't had an issue with any exports/imports after I moved to NTFS
Do you see older DB backups on the import screen? Any of them work?

Hmm. No I just see import and it says Loading really fast, but doesn’t do anything. Tomorrow I’ll double check that there’s actually a database file on the USB. Sadly I assumed it worked when I did Export and it appeared to work.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Hmm. No I just see import and it says Loading really fast, but doesn’t do anything. Tomorrow I’ll double check that there’s actually a database file on the USB. Sadly I assumed it worked when I did Export and it appeared to work.

You can also try to export to USB and see if you see it. Won't help you recover what you had before, but it will let you know if the USB stick is working.

On my system, when I export DB to USB, I check that it is there on the import DB screen before I shut down and reimage my drive. Haven't had it missing before, but my better half would be most upset if her high score disappeared

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

You can also try to export to USB and see if you see it. Won't help you recover what you had before, but it will let you know if the USB stick is working.
On my system, when I export DB to USB, I check that it is there on the import DB screen before I shut down and reimage my drive. Haven't had it missing before, but my better half would be most upset if her high score disappeared

Thanks. If there’s nothing on the usb right now then re exporting will also mean nothing again, I believe. Maybe I’m misinterpreting your suggestion tho.

I remember I even did the “full” format as NTSF of the USB on my computer rather than the quick option, and it took a good while. I also double checked Properties of the drive before I copied code v1.1 .zip on there and it was definitely NTSF.

I hear you on the high scores. I don’t actually mind having them reset when there’s a scoring impacting coding change, tho. Like going from 0.98 to 1.0 was a huge scoring squasher, so scores from the old code really aren’t “fair”.

Oh well, more just frustrating since I got a new USB drive to make it NTSF and have this all work since the FAT32 I use for DP code updates just errors on the custom music SSD.

Will report back on whether Export actually put anything on the USB

#73 1 year ago

Yup, I was suggesting doing a database export (not logs) then going to the database import screen to see if it is there. If so you’ll know that the USB drive is working (going forward).

As FYI on my usb stick, I see all the database exports I’ve ever done (it has date, game count, and release version). Hopefully there is something to salvage from before your SSD upgrade.

If helpful to see what “normal” is drop a PM and I can get you photos/video (took me several tries to get things working the first time, so I feel your pain)

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Yup, I was suggesting doing a database export (not logs) then going to the database import screen to see if it is there. If so you’ll know that the USB drive is working (going forward).
As FYI on my usb stick, I see all the database exports I’ve ever done (it has date, game count, and release version). Hopefully there is something to salvage from before your SSD upgrade.
If helpful to see what “normal” is drop a PM and I can get you photos/video (took me several tries to get things working the first time, so I feel your pain)

Thank you.

Whelp, there’s either something weird that happened or I screwed up lol. I SWEAR I hit export database yesterday but MAYBE I hit export Log. On the USB stick is just a log.txt from yesterday.

For giggles I tried it now doing Export - Database and then I flipped it to Import - Database and now see the choice there like you mentioned I would. Of course also now on the computer it shows the .db database file and the .txt log file since I exported that, too.

I do have a .db on my computer from when I was running 1.10. Maybe I’ll load that back on. My friends LOVE it when I wipe my scores tho, since they have a chance to briefly be on the leaderboard that way

#75 1 year ago

I got burned by export log as well (doh!

Lesson learned, I check my DB exports after I make them now. Glad you tracked it down, sorry you lost your DB though...

#76 1 year ago

Installed the latest code today - just WOW.. you guys have taken an already amazing game and transformed it into the absolute greatest ever. Even banged out a killer (for me) 35M score on my first game with it. Thanks for taking the time to create this!!

#77 1 year ago

Just wondering if this looks right and how long I wait on this screen?

D8A6016F-FAB0-43A8-86B0-4E894991B4C9 (resized).jpegD8A6016F-FAB0-43A8-86B0-4E894991B4C9 (resized).jpeg
#78 1 year ago
Quoted from mkintaiwan:

Just wondering if this looks right and how long I wait on this screen?
[quoted image]

No that’s sort of what it looked like when I did mine wrong. If it’s correct you’ll see ANOTHER sub layer totem that menu where it showed the date named database file to choose. As referenced above it will also show multiple ones if you save multiple ones over time to your USB. Plug it into your computer and make sure you see a .db file with the date in it and all.

#79 1 year ago

Your boy DRU is thankful for this “mod” and glad to be on the in….”In before the lock!” Imagine TZ without the 9.4H sound “mod”, I feel like this is in that category. Brav-fucking-o, potential unlocked!!

#80 1 year ago

I am having an issue trying to export my database. Hoping someone can assist with what I am doing wrong. I insert a USB stick into one of the empty USB ports in the backbox. When I choose database export, I get an error message "USB Stick issue". I have tried it with numerous USB sticks but have the same issue with all of them.

According to the DP support FAQ, it says: "On this USBkey a TBLupdate zipped should be present". I have the 1.11 zip file on the stick but still gives me an error. Interestingly, I can update the code to 1.11 with this USB stick, so not sure why it keeps failing?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ed

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from eharan:

I am having an issue trying to export my database. Hoping someone can assist with what I am doing wrong. I insert a USB stick into one of the empty USB ports in the backbox. When I choose database export, I get an error message "USB Stick issue". I have tried it with numerous USB sticks but have the same issue with all of them.
According to the DP support FAQ, it says: "On this USBkey a TBLupdate zipped should be present". I have the 1.11 zip file on the stick but still gives me an error. Interestingly, I can update the code to 1.11 with this USB stick, so not sure why it keeps failing?
Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ed

The newer OS (Arch Linux) seems to be way more picky about the format of the USB stick. Before you add the ZIP file, make sure the USB stick is formatted to NTFS. Then try again.

#82 1 year ago

Thanks for the advice. I did not know it needed to be formatted as NTFS. I don’t believe that is written in the service FAQ. Formatted it to NTFS and it worked.

Thanks again!

#83 1 year ago

I’ve played a few games now with the custom soundtrack. What a major difference having these songs make this game. This game has reached elite status now!!

#84 1 year ago

just got the sound mod burned. If anyone needs it in MN or western wi I will be glad to help.

#85 1 year ago

Does anyone know if Dutch Pinball has made any comments or voiced any opinions about this mod? I know they are our machines to do as we please with. Just curious if DP was aware of this and what their thoughts are.

#86 1 year ago

Don’t ask don’t tell!!

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Don’t ask don’t tell!!

This.

They are a super cool group at DP. Realize that they can never support this as a company. Which I think we all get. Let’s just stay cool on our side, stick to this thread, and all should be good
E0D26D12-A2CC-4BAA-BC29-A82B91D08AF4 (resized).jpegE0D26D12-A2CC-4BAA-BC29-A82B91D08AF4 (resized).jpeg

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

This.
They are a super cool group at DP. Realize that they can never support this as a company. Which I think we all get. Let’s just stay cool on our side, stick to this thread, and all should be good
[quoted image]

+1000!!

#89 1 year ago

Any ideas on what might work best for the ball drain sound/music clip? We hear it so often it’s getting old and annoying. Not even sure it’s replaceable? Seems like something good from the movie could be better.

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Any ideas on what might work best for the ball drain sound/music clip? We hear it so often it’s getting old and annoying. Not even sure it’s replaceable? Seems like something good from the movie could be better.

You mean the "Bonus Count" music? Yes that's replaceable. I've thought about that but haven't come up with any ideas thus far. If anyone can determine a song, in particular one similar to the stock song in terms of its rhodes + drum breaks + tom rolls + outro, I can make a replacement happen. I think we'd want at least a couple variations (song choices) for this since to your point it's heard so often. It would have to be a song or two that has a similar energetic drum break then stabby to fade out outro. I will say there are no viable, official soundtrack songs left that we haven't used already. But if one of the ones we have used has the right parts for this, there's no issue in re-using it. Looking forward to anyone's ideas.

#91 1 year ago

When the “Branded” theme broke out I lost it.

#92 1 year ago

Releasing v7.2 this week. timlah79 was back in the lab again working his magic. If you have v7.1, there is no need to panic, the changes are impactful, but minor enough that you don't need to go get another drive if you are not on the DIY path.

Changelog:

- Removed my original Oye Como Va cut since it was identical to Tims
- Added a different cut of the Gambler. They are different enough that it is worth having both. Sounds great.
- Level and balancing on some remaining songs.
- Looping on all the tracks so that there is no longer a natural song fade out at the end...rather, now it loops back to the beginning without fade.
- Remove my original Run through the Jungle cut since it was identical to Tims

Current State of 7.2:

==========
Hotel California
==========

1. Hotel California (Gipsy kings version)
2. Green River
3. Bad Moon Rising
4. Sympathy for the Devil
5. Let it Ride (BTO)
6. Evil Ways (Santana)
7. Hotel California (Gipsy kings version) (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Just Dropped In
=========

1. Just Dropped In (jyeakley loop v1)
2. Just Dropped In (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Lookin'
=========

1. Lookin' (jyeakley loop v1)
2. Lookin' (timlah79 alternate loop)

=========
Oye Como Va
=========

1. Man in Me
2. Oye Como Va (timlah79)
3. The Gambler (jyeakley loop v1)
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Ring of Fire
6. Sultans of Swing
7. The Gambler (timlah79 alternate loop)

===============
Run through the Jungle
===============

1. Run through the Jungle (timlah79)
2. Proud Mary
3. Paint it Black
4. Born on the bayou
5. Miss you (Rolling Stones)
6. Hurricane

=========
Rug Modes
=========

1. Where’s The Money
1. I Hate You (timlah79 v1)
2. I Hate You (timlah79 v2)

2. Ransom Note
1. Traffic Boom (timlah79)
2. Requiem Mass in D minor

3. Female Form
1. Stock Music
2. Standing On the Corner
3. Lujon (timlah79)

4. Ringer
1. Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles (timlah79)
2. Mucha Muchacha

5. See What Happens
1. Dick On A Case (timlah79)
2. Viva Las Vegas
3. Branded Theme Song (timlah79)

6. Donny
1. My Mood Swings (timlah79)
2. Stamping Ground (timlah79)

=========
Main (loop, intro, skillshot)
=========

1. The Man In Me (various timlah79 loops)

=========
Main Multiball
=========

1. Traffic Boom

=========
Nihilist Showdown
=========

1. Technopop (We Believe In Nothing) (timlah79 alternate loop)
2. Technopop (We Believe In Nothing) (jyeakley loop v1)

=========
Bowling Loop
=========

1. Behave Yourself (timlah79)
2. Dead Flowers (jyeakley loop v1)
3. Tammy (timlah79)

=========
Car Mode Select
=========

1. I Got It Bad (and That Ain't Good)
2. Tumbling Tumbleweeds

===========
The Dude Abides
===========

#93 1 year ago

Just messing around and testing some bonus loops (not done yet). I cycled the game a couple times to mix up the songs.

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Just messing around and testing some bonus loops (not done yet). I cycled the game a couple times to mix up the songs.

Just curious, I saw you power cycling inbetween games. Is that how sound sets change?

#95 1 year ago

Amazing work.

Following to get updates.

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Just curious, I saw you power cycling inbetween games. Is that how sound sets change?

Yep. The music/callouts randomize on every power up. I typically leave it on for each session, but since I was testing stuff out I cycled it a couple times to mix it up!

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Yep. The music/callouts randomize on every power up. I typically leave it on for each session, but since I was testing stuff out I cycled it a couple times to mix it up!

That adds some pretty cool variety. Keep up the great work. Man my TBL ship date is so far away...

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

The music/callouts randomize on every power up.

Thanks for that info! I was not aware that is how the songs randomize! I had that Tammy song playing during the bowling sequence and was wondering why that same song kept playing during the bowling. Unfortunately that is my least favorite song in the mix. Now I know that if that is the song, I can power cycle it next time to change it up.

Thanks again for creating this, its awesome!

Ed

#99 1 year ago

Here's a little teaser of what I've been working on for Bonus music. This is just one of four songs I've toyed with that may become random soundtrack options instead of stock music. The Dude hates The Eagles, so why not have Peaceful Easy Feeling play as an option at ball drain? LMK what you guys think of this idea.

Added 11 months ago:

Sorry had to remove the video. Just play the game yourself to hear all now 4-5 variations for bonus.

#100 1 year ago

I like it. Add more of his dialogue and his sighing:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 210.00
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 312 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-sound-mod/page/2?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.