(Topic ID: 166858)

The Big Lebowski: Software Bugs and Errors - Post them here!

By zsciaeount

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Jnkpicker
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220215_231252_HDR (resized).jpg
20220215_231245_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20210425_104238 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210424_151701 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210424_152813 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210414_075437 (resized).jpg
Bowling Alleys operations FAQ.pdf (PDF preview)
326BFC64-4CAC-40E8-8888-0D4912B539AF (resized).jpeg
8FAEE084-1060-40BC-8BE3-F2A5645CFA91 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
D2751B40-96CE-435C-BB43-03E9B9BC9C12 (resized).jpeg
7FAD890D-A57F-4E4F-B096-BDCC547A4447 (resized).jpeg
54209449-94D7-4D2E-BE58-3C3B729EE62E (resized).png
A738EE7D-7232-43E8-B936-62CEC066E500 (resized).png
A5B8CBE7-8E48-4224-B73C-15D17EF19032 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2900 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timlah79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from hefel-be:

Hey dudes,
I just received my TBL a couple of weeks ago. The game is amazing and I’m happy with the game design overall. I love all of the little details the DP team put into the game. It’s so funny. I noticed a few small issues with the latest code .55. In the spirit of continuous improvement, here’s my list for the DP team.
1) When playing a rug mode and starting character multiball, the rug mode timer seems to continue to run instead of pausing until the multiball finishes. Also, when transitioning back into a rug mode from character multiball, the rug should go back to its initial position from when multiball started.
2) Suggestion - Start a short ball save timer after scoop ejection? Sometimes you get ripped off…I get it, that’s pinball.
3) Read Ransom Note rug mode seems to be completed with only one single hit to the right ball lock stand up target. Is this intentional?
4) Music stops frequently during rug modes. I’m pretty sure other people have mentioned this, but it’s on my list too.
5) Occasionally, the display screen shifts to the left during play. The first digit of player one’s score gets cut off every few games. If I restart the screen, it resets to the correct position.
Special thanks to Rensh. He’s a good man…and thorough.

Quoted from Rensh:

4 is a known bug which is puzzling the programmer what is causing it

5 is unknown to me. What do you mean with restart the screen?

2 is indeed pinball but never had a sdtm from the scoop

1 and 3 have to try. Best to report them in the bug and wish list I posted earlier and can be seen at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Xb9AkuhFceae9Au2YzKGtETdpg9cNBMY4FQAmSaYQs/edit

hefel-be In reference to that spreadsheet which you should leverage per Rensh , this is what I know:

1 - Your description is actually a two-parter. 1a - "When playing a rug mode and starting character multiball, the rug mode timer seems to continue to run instead of pausing until the multiball finishes. " -- This is being addressed in the next release. 1b - "Also, when transitioning back into a rug mode from character multiball, the rug should go back to its initial position from when multiball started. " - I've reported this on the spreadsheet. That behavior can keep you from completing a rug mode and has something to do with another mode starting and completing in between. I'm trying to figure out a consistent repro myself. That's a bug I already logged on the spreadsheet but if you can put in clear repro steps that would help the dev!

2 - Next release will give more flexibility for the strength of the scoop coil/pop out (also the saucer and VUK). Currently the scoop strength settings don't do much but they will be way more flexible after this change. Yes when it pops it to the back of the right flipper, very often the ball hits the bottom of the right slingshot then drains. While being able to fine-tune the strength, this will still happen from time to time. So I definitely agree with a feature enhancement for a very short ball save in this scenario. Probably as an optional setting since yes some people may say "that's just pinball." The ability to lower the strength will also make it so your right flipper doesn't go limp. It's a matter of how hard the ball contacts it and in what location.

3 - This is a known bug logged on the spreadsheet which needs repro steps if you can help.

4 - I feel like this is just confusion overall but please forgive me if I'm wrong. By design when you start a rug mode, the movie scene audio plays and the music stops. This is normal AFAIK. The music starts again after the scene plays. If the music is cutting out somewhere else I've never had that issue.

5 - Never seen this. Log it!

Added over 3 years ago:

Update 6/24/21: 3 is being fixed in the next release. I also just figured out repeatable repro steps for one of the headscratcher bugs on the sheet: Cannot Complete Female Form Rug Mode. I've added those steps so hopefully that one will get addressed too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timlah79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-software-bugs-and-errors-post-them-here?tu=timlah79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.