(Topic ID: 166858)

The Big Lebowski: Software Bugs and Errors - Post them here!

By zsciaeount

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Jnkpicker
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220215_231252_HDR (resized).jpg
20220215_231245_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20210425_104238 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210424_151701 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210424_152813 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210414_075437 (resized).jpg
Bowling Alleys operations FAQ.pdf (PDF preview)
326BFC64-4CAC-40E8-8888-0D4912B539AF (resized).jpeg
8FAEE084-1060-40BC-8BE3-F2A5645CFA91 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
D2751B40-96CE-435C-BB43-03E9B9BC9C12 (resized).jpeg
7FAD890D-A57F-4E4F-B096-BDCC547A4447 (resized).jpeg
54209449-94D7-4D2E-BE58-3C3B729EE62E (resized).png
A738EE7D-7232-43E8-B936-62CEC066E500 (resized).png
A5B8CBE7-8E48-4224-B73C-15D17EF19032 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2900 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago

Gathering a list with reported bugs and wishes.

Can be seen at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Xb9AkuhFceae9Au2YzKGtETdpg9cNBMY4FQAmSaYQs

Pls use it if you have any need.

I will try to include ASAP also the things mentions here.

Sent this link also to the programmer Koen and Barry

1 week later
#10 4 years ago

I don’t see the shooterlane. Only see ball in the through. Is it not normal to NOT include through in the ball search?

#12 4 years ago

Is perhaps a switch in the through not working properly causing the game to think the ball is not in the through? Was this a single or multiplayer game?

#14 4 years ago

When I just had my TBL I had this happen to. If I remember correctly this is a softwarebug which rarely occurs.

You can manually plunge it or do it via test menu. I will check on it.

#15 4 years ago

Checked and my memory was OK

It’s a rare difficult to reproduce softwarebug present during multiplay.

1 month later
#20 4 years ago

Firmware 0.52 is not officially released yet. Biggest difference against 0.51 is added light show for the EA apron which is not available yet so 0.51 is fine for now.

The car doesn’t have any calibration I am aware off. There are just a home switch inside the ‘garage’ and the standup targets are the end switchEs and register also hits to the car. Sounds like they need some tinkering with you. Removing the roof and than you can reach these targets.

In regard to delayed sound, no idea. Is it a specific target or ....??

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

My new game is also behaving oddly and unreliably (ghost switches, car hits not registering, bowling alley stops registering hits). Lack of docs is a real problem. For example, is this the default output of the switch test mode?[quoted image]

This is my standard switch test screen after booting the pinball. You have two more switches as me activated.

I would check all connectors are seated properly. Perhaps one got loose during transport.

A5B8CBE7-8E48-4224-B73C-15D17EF19032 (resized).jpegA5B8CBE7-8E48-4224-B73C-15D17EF19032 (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Following up. I was able to fix bowling alley with new opto sensor. Yay!
Unfortunately, the 'state' of the car still gets stuck half-out when it should have moved inside. This is terrible because it blocks the scoop. I believe this is due to bad red switches that might be ghosting. I need new switches. I'm waiting. But from a code standpoint, this is a fault tolerance issue that is a game killer. Is anyone else seeing this? I'd like to add this to the bug list if I'm not the only one seeing it.

Sounds like a faulty or misaligned home switch. If you remove the roof you will see immediately which switch it is. Check proper working and if working, adjust position. Don’t think this is a softwarebug.

1 month later
#41 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Wondering when spelling the letters MAUDE, only the A at the start doesn’t like to register a hit, how is this part of the game suppose to work? Fix? I checked all those switches and they’re fine.

For me this sounds like a malfunctioning switch issue. Try it in switch test with a real ball is always the advice. But I read you reseated the connectors and now it’s fine. It’s not a known bug to me at least.

I have done a several months trial with these switches https://www.pinballlife.com/rollover-switch-with-mounting-bracket.html

DP is about to step over or already did. These switches work great and especially with the kickback at the left outlane it’s much more consistent. You do need to cut off however the Lshape at the end of the ‘wire’.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

How much can a new code update improve the game?

Talk with the Lyman fans I would say.

Just see how the code turned TWD around. What it did to B66. No, code can do a lot but yup, it doesn’t change the geometry of a game. Clunky remains clunky.

1 week later
#50 3 years ago

Have the manual concept ready for the menu and gamerules. Its now with Barry for final check after which it goes to a spelling checker to make sure it’s readable English and than to a DTP person who makes the layout.

So hopefully somewhere februari ready for download from DP website and than all these kind of questions can more easily be answered .

54209449-94D7-4D2E-BE58-3C3B729EE62E (resized).png54209449-94D7-4D2E-BE58-3C3B729EE62E (resized).pngA738EE7D-7232-43E8-B936-62CEC066E500 (resized).pngA738EE7D-7232-43E8-B936-62CEC066E500 (resized).png
#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Ry4bo:

Has anyone figured out how to get an extra ball?

Not coded yet indeed. Only available as a Mystery award (mystery is obtained via spinner shots).

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

For Rensh´s collection:
Had a game , endet carmode, car stays outside. Can collect bowling, can collect next car mission but the damned thing stays outside.
Ball out, next ball and the car is in.
Definately a bug.

Never saw this.

When you say carmode ended, you mean it timed out or you succeeded in finishing the carmode or ...?

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I succeeded hitting the car, the animation went off but the car got stuck outside until the next ball.

GoT stuck? Would be interesting to go into switch test next time and see which switches are triggered.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Problem with rug mode;
Rug wont roll back during mode start, hits not registered on rug which makes sense because should be back allowing access to subway switch to start mode? Frequent problem. Checked switches and seem ok.
Works ok in test mode.
Any advice appreciated

Sorry to read about your issues but your description puzzles me.

You state hits are not registered but to get to a rugmode you need to hit the rug and the switch should be this be working. To start a rugmode the rug should be fully back and shoot the hole.

Sorry but am trying to visualize what’s happening and not succeeding in this.

Besides the switch test, does the rug move freely up and down in rug test mode?

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

If I hit the stuck car I hear the according sound, so hits are realized ! I had this for the first time, so in test everything is working well. I expect there are more little bugs in. Same with the switches for MAU , after the ball goes over a DR switch also the upper row works. So it is software and not the switch.
next time I remove the glass and will boot the "cold pin" I will try in switch test but I am sure that all switches works well. Only "D" had to be fixed in a new position.

If you hit the stuck car it will hit the parking targets and you will hear that sound. More interested if for some reason the pin thinks the car is in the home position eg home swtich is closed. Pls check switch test next time. Thanks.

In regard to MAU switches, weird. If this would be. A software glitch why am I not seeing this? Puzzling.

1 week later
#67 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I wonder when the new code drop will be

Here I am sorry to say Covid has intervened.

Not that the programmer Koen has Covid luckily but due to the lockdown Koen took leave to take care of his children. Family over code.

Pitty but understandable and let’s hope the lockdown will not be long. Not because of the code as that will come for sure but because of something much more important, health.

And yes, work hasn’t fully stopped, just slowed down due to a shift in priority.

2 weeks later
#73 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Very infrequently but during a rug mode today, the sound of the music went off, once the ball drained went back to normal. Any way to correct this or will Koen’s game code update correct? Has anyone seen this ever happen?

This is a known bug an reported in my list at https://docs.google.com/file/d/1TVexyFgMcFlSk_ACApTbbaKaGH6Hf9Bz/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msexcel

It happens rarely but seems random so what it triggers?

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from May:

The most annoying thing is the recoil of the flippers with a fast ball.

Recoil of the flippers, you mean when a hard ball hits them the flippers drop a little?

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I would have said this is a common, if nor universal, issue with TBL. Interested to hear if others have experienced the same...

It’s an universal issue which apparently randomly occurs. Programmer Koen is aware of it but last time I spoke with him some time ago on this specific topic puzzled what triggers it. It’s however on his radar so will be solved sooner or later.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Thanks Rensh. Another very common issues seems to be that, very often, a ball drains and the pin does not recognize the event. That is, the pin never goes into "ball search" mode. Only solution is to turn the game off and then back on. Interested to hear from others if this is also common.

I have my TBL for 13 months and have seen it two-three times on my TBL (last one over 6 months ago) and once on another TBL. In all cases only remedy was the turn TBL off on again.

In switch test all opto’s were present so apparently all balls were reported in trough.

Now I have learned since than the following. In a case where the error was always there it turned out ball trough 5 was always active even when a ball was in play. Turned out to be a bad solder for that opto. Next time it happens with you can you pls do a switch test and see if not all balls are reported in trough while one is in play? Or better, take all balls out and check if really none are reported as present?

1 week later
#84 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

The ball rolled over it and it did nothing, no skill shot award. The ‘A’ was flashing. In switch test the switches are all working using the ball to test. Thanks Koen.

Sounds like a glitchy switch honestly speaking. I would replace it as it’s just a few dollar piece if it happens again.

Old style switch:

https://www.pinballlife.com/spooky-pinball-rollover-switch-bracket-assembly.html

Current used style:

https://www.pinballlife.com/rollover-switch-with-mounting-bracket.html

I find the newer style (slightly) better honestly speaking. My kickback is at least performing much more stable. Pls do note that the screw holes can be slightly different and you will have to cut of the last horizontal part.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

The subway switch seen in the picture I’ve attached is not working now. The coil will kick the ball out of subway during a ball search but not on its own. I’ll replace that switch and I’ll replace all of the switches for MAUDE as sometimes the MAU give issue. Small price to pay. I’m curious why are there issues with the switches..?[quoted image]

Sorry to read about your issues. I must admit I see rarely issues with switches let alone 3 in 1 TBL. It are official switches from Pinball Life well known for use in pinballs.

Is it a malfunctioning switch or does it need some readjusting ?

2 weeks later
#97 3 years ago

??

If you shoot the let’s go bowling shot on the MPF it should come out of the scoop.

If it’s not coming out of the scoop, is the scoop coil working?

#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

My local pinball guru (thanks Jeff) found the problem; this was in the subway sitting in the Y section under the playfield. No clue where it belongs, but game running normal now.
[quoted image]

I think this is one of the two flaps were the ball drops on. You can see them in attachment. This flap has as function to make sure the ball goes down the subway. If it works it works I would say.

326BFC64-4CAC-40E8-8888-0D4912B539AF (resized).jpeg326BFC64-4CAC-40E8-8888-0D4912B539AF (resized).jpeg
#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Has that flap broken off!?
rensh are DP redesigning the subway under they playfield? Maybe with a plastic one?

It looks like that flap has broken off indeed. Would need a picture of the complete subway to know for 100%.

No redesign plans as far as I know.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Rensh -- hope all is well. I know you have a relationship to the team working on the updated software. Please pass on these issues if you get a chance.
I realize some of this content is repetitive of earlier post. But hopefully this post is helpful to you as my game is new.
Bottom line: for my game, most errors have two similarities. (1) related to the rug and (2) failure is intermittent. I have been unable, so far, to determine if something specific triggers a failure. The bugs include:
1. Plunge the first ball. Hits to the rug do not register. Arrow in front of rug is yellow. Ball eventually drains. Second ball loads into the shooter lane. Prior to plunge, the rug rolls back to reveal the scoop hole.
2. Where's the money mode qualified. Cannot complete the mode, as hits to the rug does not register. Ball drains. Game returns to normal play mode upon plunge of second ball.
3. Honor Donny mode qualified. Once qualified the music stops and remains off until the ball drains.
Thank for passing these on. All of these issues, IMHO, are very small compared to the targets at the sides of the left ramp. Again, I realize this point has been made earlier. But it should be repeated as the existing targets make the game much less enjoyable. Should DP install targets where the backs don't immediately bend, I am sure those on the waiting list be will a lot happier.
Finally, and ultimately, the best improvement would be (1) a manual even if it does nothing more than (2) number the parts with (3) the opportunity to simply order parts by their numbers from DP. The greatest game ever deserves a clear distribution channel for parts. I do understand why a company struggling to make games doesn't have the money for inventory. Maybe some day.
Thanks for your endless service to this thread. Look forward to your rules and operation guide.

Dear Dan

Its fine to report issues here but sending it to [email protected] makes help easier and traceable for me. When reporting to support pls also do mention serialnumber of the TBL

As follows:

1. There are some registration issues with the switch if the rug is to much forward. New release firmware puts the rug a little more backwards hoping this will improof sensitivity. What is very strange is that when the ball drains it opens the rug for seoncd ball? Would love to see a vidseo on this
2. Sounds like 1
3. Its a known bug music sometimes stops till ball drains. It happens rare (sometimes weeks and weeks pass without an issue and than twice in a week) and isnt tied to a mode as far as we have experienced it. We havent found yet whats causing it and the programmer is also cluelees. Is it consistent with you?

For the rest

4. A webshop is in the making. No timeline set however, not top priority, sorry
5. The DTP person is working forever on my manual it seems. Gave me at least the chance to update it already to the coming software release.
6. Reinforced locktargets are available. Just mail to support@... and dont forget to mention full adress and TBL serialnumber

#107 3 years ago

I have written already some manuals. Attached one on the Bowling alley, might be of some help. This is a dynamic document eg it will evolve over time together with my knowlegde I hope

Bowling Alleys operations FAQ.pdfBowling Alleys operations FAQ.pdf
1 month later
#110 3 years ago

That looks like an easy one eg adjust the right parking target on the MPF. On the MPF you see two red targets where the car hits them. You have a stuck one which causes the cardoor to malfunction and score points.

So, adjust it and you should be a happy TBL user again

#113 3 years ago

I am assuming he means the bowling roof.

In this way you can access the switches a little better.

1 week later
#116 3 years ago

That’s strange.

Anyway, link is

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Xb9AkuhFceae9Au2YzKGtETdpg9cNBMY4FQAmSaYQs/edit

and I checked correct working this time

#118 2 years ago

Sorry to read about your issues.

Pls adress hardware issues next time in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/10#post-6240690

If the plunger can’t move freely in the sleeve than that’s the cause your issue. Easy to check, loosen the flipper and move plunger up down. Should not stop halfway. So think you will need to replace the sleeve if I am reading your words correctly. Sleeve is a standard BW part.

If there is like glue in the sleeve, how did that get there?? Has it ever worked? What’s your serialnumber?

#120 2 years ago

Ok. I am wondering something.

Can you post pls a picture showing the wires from the connector to the coil?

I would like to see the order of the white purple orange wires also on the connector.

I am thinking of the following

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/22#post-5547279

So the hold coil was perhaps used whole time and caused overheating??

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from el_duderino:

Rensh,

Is this the correct replacement part?
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-fl-11630-flipper-coil.html
Also, how do you detach/attach the wires to the plug in the main board - also something I've never done before since this is one and only pin I've ever owned.

It’s correct part but you will have to remove/cut off the diodes. Use your original one as an example

#124 2 years ago

OK. Lets take this post to the correct thread and continu it at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/10#post-6246369

So this thread sticks to software only. Thanks

1 month later
#126 2 years ago
Quoted from hefel-be:

Hey dudes,
I just received my TBL a couple of weeks ago. The game is amazing and I’m happy with the game design overall. I love all of the little details the DP team put into the game. It’s so funny. I noticed a few small issues with the latest code .55. In the spirit of continuous improvement, here’s my list for the DP team.
1) When playing a rug mode and starting character multiball, the rug mode timer seems to continue to run instead of pausing until the multiball finishes. Also, when transitioning back into a rug mode from character multiball, the rug should go back to its initial position from when multiball started.
2) Suggestion - Start a short ball save timer after scoop ejection? Sometimes you get ripped off…I get it, that’s pinball.
3) Read Ransom Note rug mode seems to be completed with only one single hit to the right ball lock stand up target. Is this intentional?
4) Music stops frequently during rug modes. I’m pretty sure other people have mentioned this, but it’s on my list too.
5) Occasionally, the display screen shifts to the left during play. The first digit of player one’s score gets cut off every few games. If I restart the screen, it resets to the correct position.
Special thanks to Rensh. He’s a good man…and thorough.

Thanks for your kind words

4 is a known bug which is puzzling the programmer what is causing it

5 is unknown to me. What do you mean with restart the screen?

2 is indeed pinball but never had a sdtm from the scoop

1 and 3 have to try. Best to report them in the bug and wish list I posted earlier and can be seen at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Xb9AkuhFceae9Au2YzKGtETdpg9cNBMY4FQAmSaYQs/edit

Programmer checks this list regular.

1 year later
#146 1 year ago
Quoted from snapperjoe:

My Big Lebowski was working fine, with the usual bugs and switch problems, but now it is completely locked up and will not start.
The machine turns on and all lights are working but the start button does not activate the game and the test menu will not come up. Anyone know how to fix this? I've turned the game off and on several times and unplugged the power cord but it still does not work. Is there a reset button?

Did you fix it?

If not, reseat USB cables and check the fuses. If the cabinet fuse is blown also al the start button doesn’t work.

Otherwise, sent me a mail at [email protected].

This thread I rarely visit so best to post hardware issues in the above mentioned thread.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

For the life of me I can't find coin or earning audits in the setup menu. Do they exist? We've been operating a TBL on location for a couple months and it would be nice not to have to hand count the coin drop...Thanks.

There are none so you will not find them.

Talked this over with the programmer and he has added a few simple audits (coin chute counts) to be added in rel 1.00.

You can request and monitor software changes at https://dutchpinball.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/dashboard?id=581bc065-9ac9-4235-858c-3e4bc182722e

10 months later
#152 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Are skill shot plunges off? Screen says hold left flipper for a skill shot and hold right flipper for another skill shot. Neither does anything as far as I can tell. I would think the left side would trigger the gate to open.

Where can you see the balls you’re collected?

See operational manual downloadable at https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_downloads

Left flipper hold should make the left ball gate to open to make the ball do a full loop. Right flipper should bring the ball to the MPF

Bowling balls collected, see the bowling ball inserts above the playfield window.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-software-bugs-and-errors-post-them-here?tu=rensh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.