The Big Lebowski is here, and even though this is only DP's second time delivering code, and first time delivering a full set of hardware, they've managed to put together a pretty solid pin. Of course, there are always going to be issues and bugs, so I thought I'd create a thread for Achievers to post bugs and feature requests, etc. in one space to make it easy for the DP guys to process.
To make it easy to parse, please put your reports under these headings: DEFINITE BUGS, POSSIBLE BUGS, MECHANICAL ISSUES, MISSING FEATURES, FEATURE REQUESTS
Also, if something posted isn't a definite issue, or is not an issue on yours, please let me know... after all, mine arrived damaged, thanks to the delivery company...
1) When a car mode has been completed, if the car is hit again while it is trying to be retracted, it will re-open fully and not retract until the end of the ball. Hits to the car will register as hits to the bare targets (X hits to light car mode), and since the right upper playfield exit is blocked by the car, you cannot start another car mode for the rest of the ball
2) Occasionally, the attempt at the super skill shot (right flipper held), will not award a "let's go bowling" light, even if hit early. It will offer only a letter
3) If the super skill shot is missed, the normal skill shot letter remains blinking until a MAUDE rollover is lit. Hitting the lit rollover does not award skill shot, so the scoring software knows the skill has been missed. This means it's probably just a light error
4) When starting the Female Form rug mode (and maybe others), and then quickly starting a character multiball, the music drops out, but sound effects remain
1) The rug on my game is not responsive during the beginning of the game, and only responds to hits after I have lit a character or gotten a mystery. It will not register if the left ramp lock is lit for lock 1.
2) The Z at the left outlane will not register when the ball rolls down, but will register when the ball is kicked back up by the kickback
3) Sometimes hits to Walter or Donny will register multiple hits, especially if a switch is hit quickly after the shot is made. As in, I can hit up the right ramp and immediately nail a handicap parking target, and I am awarded a completion of Walter.
4) During character multiball and regular multiball, lit shots award a jackpot, but unlit shots often award no score at all
5) Countdowns do not pause when in the pop bumpers or while the ball is being held for a movie clip or mode start
6) There appears to be no way to enable wifi on the machine at present
7) Occasional double taps of the launch button will award a random shot
Rug will sometimes advance during mystery award collection
1) The left ramp is loose - shots can bounce side to side and lose momentum quickly, resulting in rollbacks. This could be due in part to some of the flipper action, but it's also because the ramp shakes a bit
2) Rug intermittently sensitive
3) Car intermittently sensitive
4) Shooter lane switch has a tendency to get caught on the stuff below it on the underside of the playfield
5) The flipper buttons have a huge dead zone - can be difficult to cradle separate, tap pass, post pass, upper flipper cannot be staged
1) The car modes give no indication about progress towards completion
2) No callout when "let's go bowling is lit"
3) No callout when characters are lit
4) Difficult to gauge progress towards rug mode completion, as there are no audio cues
5) No grace period on Mark it Zero scoop hits
6) No callout to let you know you need to shoot the rug to finish rug mode
7) If there's an add-a-ball or a way to get an extra ball, I sure haven't found it.
1) Grace period on Mark It Zero scoop or just keep it lit since it's hard enough to complete as-is - that scoop is a bitch to hit in time if the right inlane is not the last switch hit... have that ball on the left flipper and you're not getting it. Also, it's annoying when you shoot while the light is still lit, the light goes out in transit, and all of the sudden, you are starting a multiball too early.
2) Countdowns pause when ball is not under player control
3) More callouts
4) More robust nihilist battle - not just banging targets
5) During multiball, make unlit shots worth more (maybe unlit awards jackpot, lit shot awards double jackpot)
6) Allow lock light stacking for first multiball
7) Knox Harrington, The Video Artist, Video Mode
Kickback lit at the start of each ball
9) More match sequences