(Topic ID: 166858)

The Big Lebowski: Software Bugs and Errors - Post them here!

By zsciaeount

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 153 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Jnkpicker
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220215_231252_HDR (resized).jpg
20220215_231245_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20210425_104238 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210424_151701 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210424_152813 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210414_075437 (resized).jpg
Bowling Alleys operations FAQ.pdf (PDF preview)
326BFC64-4CAC-40E8-8888-0D4912B539AF (resized).jpeg
8FAEE084-1060-40BC-8BE3-F2A5645CFA91 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
D2751B40-96CE-435C-BB43-03E9B9BC9C12 (resized).jpeg
7FAD890D-A57F-4E4F-B096-BDCC547A4447 (resized).jpeg
54209449-94D7-4D2E-BE58-3C3B729EE62E (resized).png
A738EE7D-7232-43E8-B936-62CEC066E500 (resized).png
A5B8CBE7-8E48-4224-B73C-15D17EF19032 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2900 (resized).jpg

There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

My local pinball guru (thanks Jeff) found the problem; this was in the subway sitting in the Y section under the playfield. No clue where it belongs, but game running normal now.
[quoted image]

I think this is one of the two flaps were the ball drops on. You can see them in attachment. This flap has as function to make sure the ball goes down the subway. If it works it works I would say.

326BFC64-4CAC-40E8-8888-0D4912B539AF (resized).jpeg326BFC64-4CAC-40E8-8888-0D4912B539AF (resized).jpeg
#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

My local pinball guru (thanks Jeff) found the problem; this was in the subway sitting in the Y section under the playfield. No clue where it belongs, but game running normal now.
[quoted image]

Yikes! Good to hear you got it resolved.

Quoted from Rensh:

I think this is one of the two flaps were the ball drops on. You can see them in attachment. This flap has as function to make sure the ball goes down the subway. If it works it works I would say. [quoted image]

Thanks for sharing this helpful diagram. I'll take a look when I troubleshoot.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

[quoted image]

Has that flap broken off!?
Rensh are DP redesigning the subway under they playfield? Maybe with a plastic one?

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Has that flap broken off!?
rensh are DP redesigning the subway under they playfield? Maybe with a plastic one?

It looks like that flap has broken off indeed. Would need a picture of the complete subway to know for 100%.

No redesign plans as far as I know.

#105 3 years ago

Rensh -- hope all is well. I know you have a relationship to the team working on the updated software. Please pass on these issues if you get a chance.

I realize some of this content is repetitive of earlier post. But hopefully this post is helpful to you as my game is new.

Bottom line: for my game, most errors have two similarities. (1) related to the rug and (2) failure is intermittent. I have been unable, so far, to determine if something specific triggers a failure. The bugs include:

1. Plunge the first ball. Hits to the rug do not register. Arrow in front of rug is yellow. Ball eventually drains. Second ball loads into the shooter lane. Prior to plunge, the rug rolls back to reveal the scoop hole.

2. Where's the money mode qualified. Cannot complete the mode, as hits to the rug does not register. Ball drains. Game returns to normal play mode upon plunge of second ball.

3. Honor Donny mode qualified. Once qualified the music stops and remains off until the ball drains.

Thank for passing these on. All of these issues, IMHO, are very small compared to the targets at the sides of the left ramp. Again, I realize this point has been made earlier. But it should be repeated as the existing targets make the game much less enjoyable. Should DP install targets where the backs don't immediately bend, I am sure those on the waiting list be will a lot happier.

Finally, and ultimately, the best improvement would be (1) a manual even if it does nothing more than (2) number the parts with (3) the opportunity to simply order parts by their numbers from DP. The greatest game ever deserves a clear distribution channel for parts. I do understand why a company struggling to make games doesn't have the money for inventory. Maybe some day.

Thanks for your endless service to this thread. Look forward to your rules and operation guide.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Rensh -- hope all is well. I know you have a relationship to the team working on the updated software. Please pass on these issues if you get a chance.
I realize some of this content is repetitive of earlier post. But hopefully this post is helpful to you as my game is new.
Bottom line: for my game, most errors have two similarities. (1) related to the rug and (2) failure is intermittent. I have been unable, so far, to determine if something specific triggers a failure. The bugs include:
1. Plunge the first ball. Hits to the rug do not register. Arrow in front of rug is yellow. Ball eventually drains. Second ball loads into the shooter lane. Prior to plunge, the rug rolls back to reveal the scoop hole.
2. Where's the money mode qualified. Cannot complete the mode, as hits to the rug does not register. Ball drains. Game returns to normal play mode upon plunge of second ball.
3. Honor Donny mode qualified. Once qualified the music stops and remains off until the ball drains.
Thank for passing these on. All of these issues, IMHO, are very small compared to the targets at the sides of the left ramp. Again, I realize this point has been made earlier. But it should be repeated as the existing targets make the game much less enjoyable. Should DP install targets where the backs don't immediately bend, I am sure those on the waiting list be will a lot happier.
Finally, and ultimately, the best improvement would be (1) a manual even if it does nothing more than (2) number the parts with (3) the opportunity to simply order parts by their numbers from DP. The greatest game ever deserves a clear distribution channel for parts. I do understand why a company struggling to make games doesn't have the money for inventory. Maybe some day.
Thanks for your endless service to this thread. Look forward to your rules and operation guide.

Dear Dan

Its fine to report issues here but sending it to [email protected] makes help easier and traceable for me. When reporting to support pls also do mention serialnumber of the TBL

As follows:

1. There are some registration issues with the switch if the rug is to much forward. New release firmware puts the rug a little more backwards hoping this will improof sensitivity. What is very strange is that when the ball drains it opens the rug for seoncd ball? Would love to see a vidseo on this
2. Sounds like 1
3. Its a known bug music sometimes stops till ball drains. It happens rare (sometimes weeks and weeks pass without an issue and than twice in a week) and isnt tied to a mode as far as we have experienced it. We havent found yet whats causing it and the programmer is also cluelees. Is it consistent with you?

For the rest

4. A webshop is in the making. No timeline set however, not top priority, sorry
5. The DTP person is working forever on my manual it seems. Gave me at least the chance to update it already to the coming software release.
6. Reinforced locktargets are available. Just mail to support@... and dont forget to mention full adress and TBL serialnumber

#107 3 years ago

I have written already some manuals. Attached one on the Bowling alley, might be of some help. This is a dynamic document eg it will evolve over time together with my knowlegde I hope

Bowling Alleys operations FAQ.pdfBowling Alleys operations FAQ.pdf
1 month later
#108 2 years ago

Please Help!

I've had my TBL for a little over a year and I installed v0.55 a few days ago. Just last night I started having an issue.

When I power on the game I'm getting a test report error that says the "Right Parking Target (closed)".

If I start a game, it is constantly scoring points even if you don't launch a ball and it keeps announcing the the car is ready. If you activate a car mode the car comes out, but usually won't go back - it stops about halfway. The only way it will close if you gently close the car by hand, sometimes it will open back up by itself even if you don't start a game. Below is a screenshot of the Switch Test screen.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

IMG_20210414_075437 (resized).jpgIMG_20210414_075437 (resized).jpg
#109 2 years ago
Quoted from el_duderino:

When I power on the game I'm getting a test report error that says the "Right Parking Target (closed)".

Sounds like leaf switch on the red standup target on the MPF is either pushed back as to be always on.. or is so sensitive/close that the vibrations of the coils is causing it to trigger.

In the switch test menu does the "right parking target" line go away if you gently pull it forward by hand? If so you are going to need to adjust the leafs in the switch to increase the gap.

#110 2 years ago

That looks like an easy one eg adjust the right parking target on the MPF. On the MPF you see two red targets where the car hits them. You have a stuck one which causes the cardoor to malfunction and score points.

So, adjust it and you should be a happy TBL user again

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

That looks like an easy one eg adjust the right parking target on the MPF. On the MPF you see two red targets where the car hits them. You have a stuck one which causes the cardoor to malfunction and score points.
So, adjust it and you should be a happy TBL user again

Thanks Dudes!

I had to take the top of the Car toy off to adjust the switches, but its working now.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from el_duderino:

... I had to take the top of the Car toy off to adjust the switches ...

?!

#113 2 years ago

I am assuming he means the bowling roof.

In this way you can access the switches a little better.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I am assuming he means the bowling roof.
In this way you can access the switches a little better.

Yes, I had to take off the bowling alley roof on the top level.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is a known bug an reported in my list at https://docs.google.com/file/d/1TVexyFgMcFlSk_ACApTbbaKaGH6Hf9Bz/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msexcel
It happens rarely but seems random so what it triggers?

Hi Rens,

This link doesn't seem to work anymore. Is there now a different place to add to the software wish list?

Thanks

#116 2 years ago

That’s strange.

Anyway, link is

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Xb9AkuhFceae9Au2YzKGtETdpg9cNBMY4FQAmSaYQs/edit

and I checked correct working this time

#117 2 years ago

Rensh,

I'm having an issue with the MPF Flipper. It won't move at all, when I open the machine it won't move freely by hand.

I had a stuck ball under the MPF and was following your doc to remove the MPF. Even before I removed the Flipper from the upper play field, I noticed it wasn't moving freely by hand. I ended up not removing the entire MPF. After I put everything back, the Flipper was no longer moving freely or during game play when the ball launches into the MPF.

When I remove the flipper I noticed that the shaft going into the coil will move up slightly but no further down than about halfway.

When I looked in the sleeve there is some glue or something in the sleeve about halfway down preventing it from going all the way down - see the pic below. When the upper flipper activates, isn't the shaft here supposed to go down and that makes the flipper move up?

Also below is a pic of the flipper in position all assembled, but from here, the flipper will not move, even by hand with the power off, it won't budge up or down.

I'm not sure what to do. Is the sleeve supposed to be blocked halfway down like that? I can't even seem to remove the sleeve at this point.

IMG_20210424_151701 (resized).jpgIMG_20210424_151701 (resized).jpgIMG_20210424_152813 (resized).jpgIMG_20210424_152813 (resized).jpg
#118 2 years ago

Sorry to read about your issues.

Pls adress hardware issues next time in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/10#post-6240690

If the plunger can’t move freely in the sleeve than that’s the cause your issue. Easy to check, loosen the flipper and move plunger up down. Should not stop halfway. So think you will need to replace the sleeve if I am reading your words correctly. Sleeve is a standard BW part.

If there is like glue in the sleeve, how did that get there?? Has it ever worked? What’s your serialnumber?

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sorry to read about your issues.
Pls adress hardware issues next time in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/10#post-6240690
If the plunger can’t move freely in the sleeve than that’s the cause your issue. Easy to check, loosen the flipper and move plunger up down. Should not stop halfway. So think you will need to replace the sleeve if I am reading your words correctly. Sleeve is a standard BW part.
If there is like glue in the sleeve, how did that get there?? Has it ever worked? What’s your serialnumber?

Rensh,

Thanks again for your help.

I'm an EA 181, but I paid full price for another one to get a pin as soon as production started again. I got mine in Feb of 2020. My serial number is DP-01-00366. Everything including the upper flipper has been working fine until a few days ago. Here is exactly what happened the last time it was working. This is probably more detail than you want but this is what happened:

1. I was playing a game with a 5 character multiball.
2. All the balls drained except for 1 - suddenly it launched one of the balls that just went out.
3. The ball got stuck under the MPF.
4. The previous ball drained and it tried to go into the ball search mode and the code was hung.
5. Opened it up, thinking the ball would get unstuck and drain when I put it back horizontal, but it didn't.
6. When I had it opened up all the way, I noticed that one of the Fuses was blown on the main board labeled F03.
7. I thought I might need to take off the MPF to unstick the ball. This is when I noticed that the upper flipper would not move freely with the machine open. I thought it might need power to it so, just left it alone.
8. I had trouble removing the MPF completely after following your guide, so I put everything back the way it was, but had trouble with the flipper.
9. Got a new 5 amp 250V Fuse and replaced it, closed it up and turned on the pin.
10. With the fuse in place, the ball search was able to kick the stuck ball out with no problem.
11. Now the upper flipper wasn't working so I took it apart and posted the pics.

Looking at it again, the plunger only goes down halfway in the coil. It looks like the coil either heated up and melted the sleeve inside or the coil exploded in there and melted the plastic of the sleeve. The plunger will go up, but only down about halfway.

It must be related to the fuse that blew at the same time.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to replace the coil. This is going to be tough since I really suck at soldering.
Is this the correct replacement part?

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-fl-11630-flipper-coil.html

Also, how do you detach/attach the wires to the plug in the main board - also something I've never done before since this is one and only pin I've ever owned.

#120 2 years ago

Ok. I am wondering something.

Can you post pls a picture showing the wires from the connector to the coil?

I would like to see the order of the white purple orange wires also on the connector.

I am thinking of the following

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/22#post-5547279

So the hold coil was perhaps used whole time and caused overheating??

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from el_duderino:

Rensh,

Is this the correct replacement part?
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-fl-11630-flipper-coil.html
Also, how do you detach/attach the wires to the plug in the main board - also something I've never done before since this is one and only pin I've ever owned.

It’s correct part but you will have to remove/cut off the diodes. Use your original one as an example

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It’s correct part but you will have to remove/cut off the diodes. Use your original one as an example

Here is the pic of the connector:

IMG_20210425_104238 (resized).jpgIMG_20210425_104238 (resized).jpg
#123 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Ok. I am wondering something.
Can you post pls a picture showing the wires from the connector to the coil?
I would like to see the order of the white purple orange wires also on the connector.
I am thinking of the following
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/22#post-5547279
So the hold coil was perhaps used whole time and caused overheating??

The game I played was a few days ago, it's possible I was holding down on the right flipper at the time it happened.
Based on the pics I posted, I don't think its wired up correctly. Maybe this problem was reported after my pin shipped.

#124 2 years ago

OK. Lets take this post to the correct thread and continu it at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/10#post-6246369

So this thread sticks to software only. Thanks

1 month later
#125 2 years ago

Hey dudes,

I just received my TBL a couple of weeks ago. The game is amazing and I’m happy with the game design overall. I love all of the little details the DP team put into the game. It’s so funny. I noticed a few small issues with the latest code .55. In the spirit of continuous improvement, here’s my list for the DP team.

1) When playing a rug mode and starting character multiball, the rug mode timer seems to continue to run instead of pausing until the multiball finishes. Also, when transitioning back into a rug mode from character multiball, the rug should go back to its initial position from when multiball started.

2) Suggestion - Start a short ball save timer after scoop ejection? Sometimes you get ripped off…I get it, that’s pinball.

3) Read Ransom Note rug mode seems to be completed with only one single hit to the right ball lock stand up target. Is this intentional?

4) Music stops frequently during rug modes. I’m pretty sure other people have mentioned this, but it’s on my list too.

5) Occasionally, the display screen shifts to the left during play. The first digit of player one’s score gets cut off every few games. If I restart the screen, it resets to the correct position.

Special thanks to Rensh. He’s a good man…and thorough.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from hefel-be:

Hey dudes,
I just received my TBL a couple of weeks ago. The game is amazing and I’m happy with the game design overall. I love all of the little details the DP team put into the game. It’s so funny. I noticed a few small issues with the latest code .55. In the spirit of continuous improvement, here’s my list for the DP team.
1) When playing a rug mode and starting character multiball, the rug mode timer seems to continue to run instead of pausing until the multiball finishes. Also, when transitioning back into a rug mode from character multiball, the rug should go back to its initial position from when multiball started.
2) Suggestion - Start a short ball save timer after scoop ejection? Sometimes you get ripped off…I get it, that’s pinball.
3) Read Ransom Note rug mode seems to be completed with only one single hit to the right ball lock stand up target. Is this intentional?
4) Music stops frequently during rug modes. I’m pretty sure other people have mentioned this, but it’s on my list too.
5) Occasionally, the display screen shifts to the left during play. The first digit of player one’s score gets cut off every few games. If I restart the screen, it resets to the correct position.

Thanks for your kind words

4 is a known bug which is puzzling the programmer what is causing it

5 is unknown to me. What do you mean with restart the screen?

2 is indeed pinball but never had a sdtm from the scoop

1 and 3 have to try. Best to report them in the bug and wish list I posted earlier and can be seen at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Xb9AkuhFceae9Au2YzKGtETdpg9cNBMY4FQAmSaYQs/edit

Programmer checks this list regular.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks for your kind words
1 and 3 have to try. Best to report them in the bug and wish list I posted earlier and can be seen at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Xb9AkuhFceae9Au2YzKGtETdpg9cNBMY4FQAmSaYQs/edit
Programmer checks this list regular.

Thanks. By restarting the screen, I mean taking off the backglass and cycling the power button on the screen. It fixed the problem when I tried it, but it’s strange that the picture shifted at all in the first place. Also, I’ve had a few sdtm’s from the scoop. The power to the scoop and right flipper seems to vary occasionally. One person mentioned issues with the right flipper hold during scoop eject.
Although it’s embarrassing to talk about, I’ve experienced limp flipper myself…haha

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from hefel-be:

Hey dudes,

Quoted from Rensh:

hefel-be In reference to that spreadsheet which you should leverage per Rensh , this is what I know:

1 - Your description is actually a two-parter. 1a - "When playing a rug mode and starting character multiball, the rug mode timer seems to continue to run instead of pausing until the multiball finishes. " -- This is being addressed in the next release. 1b - "Also, when transitioning back into a rug mode from character multiball, the rug should go back to its initial position from when multiball started. " - I've reported this on the spreadsheet. That behavior can keep you from completing a rug mode and has something to do with another mode starting and completing in between. I'm trying to figure out a consistent repro myself. That's a bug I already logged on the spreadsheet but if you can put in clear repro steps that would help the dev!

2 - Next release will give more flexibility for the strength of the scoop coil/pop out (also the saucer and VUK). Currently the scoop strength settings don't do much but they will be way more flexible after this change. Yes when it pops it to the back of the right flipper, very often the ball hits the bottom of the right slingshot then drains. While being able to fine-tune the strength, this will still happen from time to time. So I definitely agree with a feature enhancement for a very short ball save in this scenario. Probably as an optional setting since yes some people may say "that's just pinball." The ability to lower the strength will also make it so your right flipper doesn't go limp. It's a matter of how hard the ball contacts it and in what location.

3 - This is a known bug logged on the spreadsheet which needs repro steps if you can help.

4 - I feel like this is just confusion overall but please forgive me if I'm wrong. By design when you start a rug mode, the movie scene audio plays and the music stops. This is normal AFAIK. The music starts again after the scene plays. If the music is cutting out somewhere else I've never had that issue.

5 - Never seen this. Log it!

Added over 3 years ago:

Update 6/24/21: 3 is being fixed in the next release. I also just figured out repeatable repro steps for one of the headscratcher bugs on the sheet: Cannot Complete Female Form Rug Mode. I've added those steps so hopefully that one will get addressed too!

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#130 2 years ago

Hello everyone,

Dutch Pinball now has an official issue tracker for software bugs and feature requests:
https://issues.dutchpinball.com/
Please read the tracker's dashboard about how to report new issues.

The open issues from Rensh's Google Sheet have been entered into this new issue tracker as well. So please don't add any new issues in that spreadsheet as it will not be monitored anymore. Big thanks to Rensh for that initiative and to all who contributed to the spreadsheet (lately timlah79 especially)! We invite you to keep doing so at the above url.

The above url is now also mentioned on DP's website, forums, changelogs and in Rensh's sheet.

- Koen

(duplicate post from the Club topic, but in this topic it's actually even more relevant)

2 weeks later
#131 2 years ago

We are happy to release code update 0.56 for The Big Lebowski™ Pinball!

This update focuses on bugfixes, audits and various small improvements.
Download / changelog:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software

Special thanks to timlah79 who did a lot of bug hunting, suggestions and testing!

After the last few important game improving updates (0.54, 0.55, 0.56) we are now re-grouping our extended code team (incl. sound engineer and animator) to work towards a feature complete version 1.0 which will have a lot more gameplay improvements and of course the wizard mode "The Dude Abides".
Because of the work involved this will take a while, I will try to give some (textual) updates in between.

If bugs are reported and fixed in the mean time it's possible we will do one or more small code updates although we will focus on the big 1.0 update.

Thank you for your patience and contributions,

- Koen

(duplicate post from the Club topic, but relevant here too)

6 months later
#132 2 years ago

Put it in the code to turn off this pop up. I dont know how to fet in the software to turn it off.

Also. I hope 1.0 is planning on making individual mini wizard modes for completing each section. Because its really unsatisfying currently when completing the red inserts.

20220215_231245_HDR (resized).jpg20220215_231245_HDR (resized).jpg20220215_231252_HDR (resized).jpg20220215_231252_HDR (resized).jpg
#133 2 years ago

There are more than one post for this message.
Connect a USB keyboard and click "CANCEL". Thats it. This will not show up too often. I had it 1 time in 2 years.

Wishes and bugreporst should go in here:

https://forms.dutchpinball.com/report-issue

#134 2 years ago

I got rid of it with keyboard, and it popped back up in about 3 min. I didn't even disconnect the keyboard yet. So far it's shown up about 5 times.

#135 2 years ago

There is a specific fix for this. A code to be typed in.

I will see if I can find it. Rens and Koen can also provide. Its possibly/probably in Rens manual. It does make this error disappear.

#136 2 years ago

I found the link for that code. I just don't know how to get into the code to make those changes.

#137 2 years ago

I am looking through my email to try and find

its a couple easy steps but they need to be done in the correct order

#138 2 years ago

The process is covered in Rensh's technical support manual here (starting on pg 131): https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support

#140 2 years ago

Pressing escape . just brings me to a black screen that im stuck in. Im locked into it and have to turn off the game to restart out.

#141 2 years ago

someone suggested using Cntl + Alt + T to get to the terminal screen. That doesn't work also.

I've used 2 different keyboards. Ps2 style and USB style. Neither one work. After I hit ESC, it's stuck in a black screen. Windows key does nothing.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

someone suggested using Cntl + Alt + T to get to the terminal screen. That doesn't work also.
I've used 2 different keyboards. Ps2 style and USB style. Neither one work. After I hit ESC, it's stuck in a black screen. Windows key does nothing.

Use usb mouse to see if you can get to the upper right corner…

#143 2 years ago

i'll try but not looking promising. it's like finding the dot in adventure...... If i'm even in a screen at all. It's all black and nothing does anything. including alt-tab

4 months later
#144 1 year ago

My Big Lebowski was working fine, with the usual bugs and switch problems, but now it is completely locked up and will not start.
The machine turns on and all lights are working but the start button does not activate the game and the test menu will not come up. Anyone know how to fix this? I've turned the game off and on several times and unplugged the power cord but it still does not work. Is there a reset button?

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from snapperjoe:

My Big Lebowski was working fine, with the usual bugs and switch problems, but now it is completely locked up and will not start.
The machine turns on and all lights are working but the start button does not activate the game and the test menu will not come up. Anyone know how to fix this? I've turned the game off and on several times and unplugged the power cord but it still does not work. Is there a reset button?

Take a look at the end of this thread and they talk about the reset procedure. If no joy, just send Rens an email through Dutch support and he'll get back to you, he's awesome.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from snapperjoe:

Did you fix it?

If not, reseat USB cables and check the fuses. If the cabinet fuse is blown also al the start button doesn’t work.

Otherwise, sent me a mail at [email protected].

This thread I rarely visit so best to post hardware issues in the above mentioned thread.

#147 1 year ago

For the life of me I can't find coin or earning audits in the setup menu. Do they exist? We've been operating a TBL on location for a couple months and it would be nice not to have to hand count the coin drop...Thanks.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

For the life of me I can't find coin or earning audits in the setup menu. Do they exist? We've been operating a TBL on location for a couple months and it would be nice not to have to hand count the coin drop...Thanks.

There are none so you will not find them.

Talked this over with the programmer and he has added a few simple audits (coin chute counts) to be added in rel 1.00.

You can request and monitor software changes at https://dutchpinball.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/dashboard?id=581bc065-9ac9-4235-858c-3e4bc182722e

10 months later
#149 10 months ago

My test report says Saucer is closed. What is the Saucer and were is it located can anyone help me?

#150 10 months ago
Quoted from Garbagemaster:

My test report says Saucer is closed. What is the Saucer and were is it located can anyone help me?

Saucer is the left most VUK where you would get "Mark it Zero"/Start character multi-ball, things like that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-software-bugs-and-errors-post-them-here/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.