(Topic ID: 77231)

The Big Lebowski Real (but unofficial) Preorder list!! 103 so far!

By RTR

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,088 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JimB
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ExchangeRate.png
HBC2.jpg
HBC.jpg
image-193.jpg
image-713.jpg
image.jpg
candle.JPG
$_57.JPG
012b.jpg
image-248.jpg
image-135.jpg
71eqbpQFxCL._SL1500_[1].jpg
image.jpg
celebration-time.jpg
image-277.jpg
image-39.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazzmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm in for now, want to see more and I need to see that they will offer some additional benefit to those that pre-order other than just getting the game first or else might not be worth having all the money in unfortunately and just grab one later.

I'm in for now, as well. I am a little disappointed in the lack of info up to this point. I wish they would at least chime in here with an update of some kind. I don't know how I will feel about this on April 1st if I haven't been shown something more substantial by DP.

1 week later
#43 10 years ago

Anyone heard any news? Hell, I'll take a rumor at this point. Getting excited to see something.

1 month later
#168 10 years ago

Anyone heard anything as far as updates go? Less than three weeks until payment 2 is due. Think we will see another newsletter before then?

1 week later
#190 10 years ago

I have not seen anything from them regarding the second payment. I did get an e-mail that mentioned they now accept paypal payments in the US.

1 week later
#205 10 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Only a pity rest of the 153 initial fictional pre-orders are of the silent type...
Also wondering who of the peeps who were blathering about "wanting to see more before I decide..." did/do order now after DP's constructive update?

Yeah, sorta figures... it is easy to bandwagon a hypothetical. I certainly never expected this to materialize when I "pre-ordered" the fictional version. When it was announced in December, it was a total "Hell Yeah" moment for me. What gets me more are the people who bitched about the "viral" campaign and how massively hyped it was for just a pre-order. Since when was printing some flyers and putting a count down timer on a web site massive hype?

I have to say I am super excited by what I have seen so far. Not four months in and a preliminary playfield design has already emerged. Hell, I think most pre-ordered game builders don't show much of anything for 6-8 months and then it is just a cabinet design, which is the easiest piece of the puzzle.

2 months later
#289 9 years ago

Anyone get their shirt yet?

2 weeks later
#311 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Check my math dudes, but I am missing about 145 preorders. Let me take another look, they must be down there somewhere....
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-you-be-in-on-a-pre-pay-for-a-tbl-the-big-lebowski-3-so-far

They're still trying to find the ATM.

5 months later
#969 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

If I had to choose between chrome and PDI glass I'd prefer PDI

I could take or leave the chrome too. It seems to be a done deal, though. Hopefully, DP will offer PDI as a an upgrade prior to shipping. I would at least be able to save the cash I would have spent on freight for the PDI and I don't have to deal with extra glass floating around.

Quoted from burningman:

I'd rather have a kick ass bowling mech in the game vs stuff I can add/bolt on later.

I agree. The pre-order perks were great and even unprecedented but I don't expect anything else from DP in the extras department. I do hope that they make the custom balls available for purchase.

On a completely unrelated note (and for the narrow audience that may be interested), TBL's soundtrack was released on Record Store Day's Black Friday on "White Russian" vinyl in limited quantities:

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG
#980 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sorry for the essay, seemed best to just lay it all out since people were curious.

As usual, your insight is always appreciated . Given some of your previous posts related to JPOP, I was sorta shocked that you were wooed into the TBL pre-order machine in the first place. I share many of your views on the whole pre-order system which seems to be becoming more and more the norm these days. For better or worse, I based my decision to pre-order TBL on theme alone and it has been an ideal experience for the most part. Admittedly, I have been a pretty passive observer in the whole thing. No personal discussions with Phil. Haven't been to one of the public showings yet. I still have confidence in DP and TBL despite some reservations. The whole BOP 2.0 debacle is troublesome to me, if not unexpected (for the record, I am not in on BOP 2.0). I can also foresee a few more bumps in the road before TBL is in production. Anyone who thinks that developing a prototype is the easy part of producing a pinball machine (or anything else, for that matter) needs a reality check. Hopefully, the DP team will learn a few things from their BOP troubles and TBL will be finished before delivered. I am firmly in the "I don't mind waiting a little while longer until it's finished' camp.

1 month later
#1079 9 years ago

Some interesting factoids about TBL (the movie) in the video linked below, just to pass the time:

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/7-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-the-big-lebowski-1679128713

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazzmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-real-preorder-list?tu=jazzmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.