(Topic ID: 77231)

The Big Lebowski Real (but unofficial) Preorder list!! 103 so far!

By RTR

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,088 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JimB
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ExchangeRate.png
HBC2.jpg
HBC.jpg
image-193.jpg
image-713.jpg
image.jpg
candle.JPG
$_57.JPG
012b.jpg
image-248.jpg
image-135.jpg
71eqbpQFxCL._SL1500_[1].jpg
image.jpg
celebration-time.jpg
image-277.jpg
image-39.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider burningman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I wish they would at lease chime in here with an update of some kind. I don't know how I will feel about this on April 1st if I haven't been shown something more substantial by DP.

I don't think you have to worry about that. I have feeling that they will be releasing more info soon.

I think DP is trying to get over a few speed bumps with BOP 2.0...I think they know that BOP 2.0 is their signature project and they want that to shine...

#12 10 years ago

***edited because I went off topic****

#16 10 years ago

I am pretty sure Genex is in as well.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I REALLY want to be in (love the theme) ... but with absolutely nothing to go on (zero game details) I have a hard time giving money (much less $1000!) to some people (how ever nice they may be) in another country with no avenue to recover my money if they decide to disappear, or even if they simply can't produce a machine in 2 years time. I'm surprised there are people jumping in at this point.

We're going OT here but thought I would throw 2 cents in...

There will be a few of us that jump in early before there is a proto or any other info, others will come in as more is revealed. And then there will be some that will wait until the game is produced. Each of us has a different comfort level as to where they feel their own entry point will be.

I have never owned a NIB pin. And yes, the cost is substantial. However, TBL (for me) is the best theme available (ever) for new games coming out. DP looks to have there sh*t together with what they are working on in BOP 2.0 and these guys have been in the community for a long time. I am very eager to see this pin come to life. Yes its a gamble but I personally feel very confident that these guys will produce a very well made game.

1 week later
#40 10 years ago

a little entertainment while we are waiting for our next annoucement regarding the game

#42 10 years ago

taz makes 11

#44 10 years ago

From DP....

"This is a very complicated case. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous. And, uh, a lotta strands to keep in our heads, man. Lotta strands in old DP's head. Fortunately, We're adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep our mind, you know, uh, limber."

well, maybe not from DP....but if it is, I'm cool with that.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

173 virtual preorders translated into 12 real ones? Hell of an attrition rate!Guess some are waiting for more information before jumping in.

ahhhem...with Mr Ozno, it now makes 13.

obviously you are not a golfer

#65 10 years ago

Woke the wife up this morning singing Tumbling Tumbleweed.....she just looked at me and said, "you can't get enough, can you?"

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Check
- Just for the record (you doubt'ers) -> DP confirmed over 100 pre-orders at the very beginning of Jan '14...

I had heard rumor that there were 100 pre-orders but seemed like that was just it, a rumor. Do we know this to be true? If so, I would think we are going to be hearing something soon as far as an update. DP knows they can't keep us in the dark for too long for fear that people may start pulling out. I would be very surprised that we would have to wait until April to get our next update

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Doomed to fail with the stupid high price. 95% of us dropped out upon the crazy pricing.

Well, after seeing what $4,995 will buy me NIB? I think not.
I feel that DP (as well as JJP) understand that there are some of us that would rather pay a higher price for a truly great game, rather than buying a $4995 special....

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

I'll wait for spot #21 to come on your list... cause that's the number my TBL will have Dude!

I read that as you are already in and you requested 21....

RTR...I think we are offically at 15

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

If you're referring to Stern's Mustang priced at the Ford website, that is now offered for $ 6,800 including shipping. http://www.fordcollection.com/Product/1121442-00 Still the same game. Makes the gab to TBL already smaller.

Thats exactly what I was referring to. But with the link it even makes the point more relivent. By their own words, DP wants to make an epic game. They didn't say they were going to build an entry level NIB pin at a low price.

#103 10 years ago

just jumped over and checked out the annocement video on Youtube....for those that think there isn't a lot of interest in the project, there has been 10,683 views. Not bad for a Pinball that hasn't been produced.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Like I said lots of interest and GREAT theme for a pin but they screwed the pooch on pricing.

Well, fortunately we have the choice of buying a Mustang at the low introductory price of $4995....

1 week later
#120 10 years ago

With biglebowski and rlinsky looks like we are 17...in my post above referencing the intro video on youtube, my first thought is that there is a lot of buzz on the game. There's a big world out there, and not all of them are regulars on pinside.

I had read on another post that the DP guys are going through a transition...leaving day jobs to focus entirely on Pinball. Great news for them and the Pinball community as a whole. Something else I read was that they are working on TBL at the same time as their BOP 2.0 project.

I have a feeling that we will be seeing something soon...however, even though they have the license with Paramount, I think they still need the ok from them before releasing any artwork, etc....

Stay tuned Achievers......

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Addendum - as long as the product is exceptional!!

Its going to be epic...they said so...

#134 10 years ago

TBL's space is reserved

abide rug.JPGabide rug.JPG
#143 10 years ago

Achievers...

TBL is on tonight on the Independent Film Channel (Comcast 893 in the Washington DC area) at 7:30pm....not sure if its the same channel in other areas but look for IFC in your area and should be on.

watch and learn....

1 week later
#164 10 years ago

daydreaming here...

I am thinking these guys are going to tie the pinball together with a rug in the middle of the PF...with various modes being lit by the various symbols in the rug...

I really need to put down the bong...

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Don't touch the rug don't touch the rug don't touch the rug.

RUG TIME!

1 week later
#169 10 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Anyone heard anything as far as updates go? Less than three weeks until payment 2 is due. Think we will see another newsletter before then?

I am like Schultzie from Hogans Hero's...."I see nothing, I hear nothing!"

However....I feel pretty confident that the next New Sh*t newsletter will be worth a read (and before our next payment is due).

#175 10 years ago

Once again, I know nothing, so take it for what its worth.
But with the announcement that BOP 2.0 kits have now been opened back up, it appears that any issues that BOP 2.0 being released have been taken care of. I would have to think that distraction did not help TBL, so I would say New Sh*t will come to light...

#187 10 years ago

10% of the pre-orders are coming from "Burners"

1 week later
#219 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

but the best reward will be getting a machine early!

This time next year I will be chewing my arms off in excitement (like I'm not already)

1 week later
#225 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Is the rug for under the machine or to stand on while playing. To say it will tie the room together is a given

The rug, its "suitable for framing"....oh, and "highly sought after"

hummm...Expo in Chicago or Netherlands? how about both?!

Looks like a flight to Amsterdam is a little over a grand round trip....I might have to start budgeting for that trip...

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I have the same question. Will it be the size of the machine, so that the legs will sit on the rug? I am imagining lots of bunching up and legs sliding off the edges. Not sure I'm going to like this idea.
Also, has anyone seen anything to suggest "pin2.0" is something real? Or is this just marketing hype-speak? I guess I am holding out hope for something I have never seen.

The rug is yours......so put it in front of the machine, put it under the machine, frame it, roll it up, piss on it....it will be yours to do with as you please...

Regarding Pin 2.0....well, BOP 2.0 is on. From what I have read, all the licensing is behind them and BOP 2.0 and is full steam ahead. Pin 2.0 I think will be a wait and see deal. I have been reading a lot of the thread here on Pinside regarding this, and from what it appears, good things will come. But I will wait until something is further developed before I make my final judgement on Pin 2.0.

(if I had a BOP, I would be in on BOP 2.0)

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Wanna split a hotel room?

PDX...we should talk.

I don't think there is a conflict...I really want to hit Expo this year and trying to see if I can pull off a trip to Amsterdam as well ($$$$). It would definitely be one of those trips that you never forget...

#234 10 years ago

Hope one of you guys are at the MGC....look who just showed up

DPMGC.JPGDPMGC.JPG
#238 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What order number where you on the reciept?

did we get an order number on our reciept?

edit...I just found it

#240 10 years ago

hummm...mine was 78840, so I guess that was 40? I was having problems with getting my preoder in from my office computer so had to work with Barry to get it in...

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

maybe there is no rhyme or reason to the numbering

I'm thinking the same....but it would be cool to find out where we are on the pecking order...

PDX...I'll definitely be in touch about sharing that room for an Amsterdam trip.

By the way, if anyone from the TBL preorder group is heading to Allentown I will be there and have a DP shirt on, so introduce yourself!

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Where are you finding this? My order # is WAY above these numbers and I somehow think they don't have 22,000 pre-orders in front of me?

my understanding is that we are now in the 25,000 pre-orders for this title...

#249 10 years ago

I think the numbers are in code on Treehorns paper.....

Quoted from thefoxxman:

Sounds like you guys need a super secret cold-war era Serial # decoding machine!

treehorn.JPGtreehorn.JPG
#256 10 years ago

If we take the square root of Genex's order number,
divided by pi,
then add RTR's order number,
and subtract PDX's number,
that would make dead zebra's order number 4. lol

however if the coeffent of the fractional barometer was then brought into the equation...we would all be number 69.

not including the variable of adding in a muffler bearing...

1 week later
#260 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

If I'm state corrected we got the last two NSNL's both on the 26th...- Will there come new shit to light today?

That would be great. I am settling into the fact that DP is not going to update us when they sneeze. (although I would be ok with that)........... I think a reasonable once a month update would be the way to go.

My mood seems to always get better after getting a NSNL

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from twominds:

I have my preorder in. I spoke with the guys from Dutch Pinball a couple week-ends ago at the Midwest Gaming Classic. In fact I had about an hour conversation with them (I am the Superfan on their Facebook page.... They even gave me a glimpse (for literally 3 seconds) of a picture of the actual playfield. We also discussed several aspects of the project, several features that will be present, and even a couple rumors floating around that are true. I will not share many of them because I am friends with all the guys on FaceBook and they troll these forums so I don't want them to cut me off. I will say this...there will be a rug involved...yes an actual rug. And they said, "software will not be a problem," with this machine. So I inferred that this means Wi-Fi connectivity, background updates, etc. Jaap and the other guys all looked away and said they could not confirm or deny such a rumor. So, take that for what you will. They did assure me that the project is actually ahead of schedule.
I will say after meeting the guys and discussing the project, I decided to invest in the preorder. I was on the fence before but the guys are great, and with a 100% refund policy that extends all the way until they actually begin the construction of your specific machine...I am in.
BTW: what is the total count now?

ok...so here's a question...is the artwork on the playfield drawn cartoon style or more photo like?

2 weeks later
#266 9 years ago

I'd like to see a NSNL as well. I think they are keeping things underwraps until they have absolute approvals and/or real information to give us. With them being so new, I think they have watched and learned from others and trying to avoid some of the issues(drama) that can surface while the game is in development.

I thought I had read that they were trying to get a prototype to the Chicago Expo this year, (which I think is in October)...if thats the case, things are happening but we just don't know about it. Also, the next payment is not until the 1st of July. I would think there would be some substantial infomation released before then. They know that as more is revealed, more people are getting on board, The earlier people are in on the project, the easier it is (for us)to pay for it. I know for me, If I had to crap $10k for the game, I would probably be out.

Wished one of our brothers over in the Netherlands would do a drive by of the production facility and get some spy photos

#280 9 years ago

Guys... this is no new news. We knew from day one that this title is expensive. And, as Hensbrooker posted, it has company with some of the (what I would say) top of the line pins that are coming out. DP knows that these other titles are what TBL will be judged against, and I feel pretty confident that these guys are going to hit it out of the park.

As I have said in other posts...This is a great hobby...my first pinball machine cost me $395. Now I am spending big bucks on a game. Does it really matter? Not so much. This hobby is great for anyone that has that allure of the silver ball. We see guys on here with big collections of A-listed games...and we see guys with entry level games. Whats the difference? Nothing. We all love pinball.

F*ck it Dude, lets play Pinball...............

1 week later
#284 9 years ago

Anyone heading to Chicago?

DP VIP.JPGDP VIP.JPG
#286 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

yeah i saw that.. I don't think i'll make it but I sure hope somebody does and brings back some intel

Burningman will be there, and sniffing around for sure.............

Wait...did I say that right? I think they are also going to be talking about a Pinball machine....

1 week later
#307 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

BTW.. when do we get TBL in the database? Noticed hobbit is already in there. I guess when there's some artwork to show.. which i hope is "soon"

Sent a note to Robin about this a while back and didn't get a reply...my guess is when the Proto is shown or the first machine is produced.

Quoted from RTR:

Any idea when we get that early adopter T-shirt? I made a vow to go shirtless until it arrives.
It's getting little awkward at the office.

You mean like this one? (btw, I ordered it, not free) I can send it to you RTR...you know, just so the girls at the office stop hanging all over you...

dp shirt.JPGdp shirt.JPG
4 weeks later
#335 9 years ago

Hey VIP's...thought I would share my entry in the T-shirt contest...(for all to enjoy)
btw..."Mrs Burningman" will also be attending the VIP party at Expo....

Caucasians1.jpgCaucasians1.jpg
#341 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Surely there are a few others out there - check the list dudes and let me know if I need to put you on it.

RTR...It looks like Pinbally_1968 is in as well

4 weeks later
#367 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Got mine sent over and they posted it overnight.
Facebook link to the whole album:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.649462081816615.1073741828.145510835545078&type=1
Hopefully there's more coming!

Whats funny is that I havn't received my official shirt yet. The one's in my pictures were purchased a while back

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Maybe they'll toss one in with the playfield you're probably going to win

no way...I have no friends on Facebook...lol

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

yeah but even they are telling me "it is kind of hard to compete against boobs" .. my friends my vote for you anyway

It is a nice rack if I do say so myself...

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Darn I made a typo, I was in from the 10th of July. See, I should be worried now!

Calm down dude, calm down......I don't think any of us have gotten our shirts. If you are concerned, send a quick note to Phil via his e-mail on the TBL website. I know he has been on vacation for the past week or so with his family...

#379 9 years ago

had to give you a thumbs down on that one Tom...

Hell, I just ordered 2 more....I will now have 3 mens and 1 womans, and all 4 I paid for...lol

#381 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

understood, totally justified I was being very unDude.

Naw man...its all good...

f*ck it, lets go bowling, (with a big Walter hug)...

2 weeks later
#409 9 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Just got back from Burning Man and catching up. I've had really great communications w/the Dutch Pinball team and have received my t-shirt as well. Need to do a pic, but haven't had a chance to figure out something fun yet.

Sorry I didn't catch up with you Genex at the Burn....I had a great Burn, but no T-shirt in the mail (yet)...

3 weeks later
#419 9 years ago

friggin killin' me....seems like all I am doing is refreshing e-mail, then refreshing DP's FB page, then checking Pinside.....

rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat

#428 9 years ago
Quoted from edmorex:

I also didn't get a t-shirt or signed up on the NSNL. I tried adding myself from the link on the FB page before but that didn't work. I recently just sent a message from the TBL pinball website clicking the "I want the newsletter" button and got a reply back that they added me.
For the people that got a shirt was there some email that you replied to to get it? I'm wondering if when I sent my first deposit if my span filter ate the tshirt message.

There are a number of us that haven't got the shirt. I am sure the guys are aware of this. I'll mention it to them at Expo if things have not been worked out by then.

#433 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I wouldn't get to excited yet...

I'll take that bet....with a flippable game scheduled to be at Expo in 2.5 weeks, I think we will be seeing TBL shipping on schedule.

(these guys have learned from others, no finished code pisses people off. Waiting 2-3 years pisses people off. I think they are doing everything they can to not piss off their customers.)

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from PipelineTom:

I have also preordered. Did it 23 July, 2014. Still no T shirt but not complaining. I already got too many T shirts.

Welcome to the party.....I am sure we will all get our t-shirts....with the way things are coming to light, it appears DP is not going to disappoint....

#448 9 years ago

I'm in...and so is Mrs. Burningman...

If TBL is playable, it may be a very very late night.......

#452 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

No secret here as Barry mentioned it publically on the TBL launch party in Utrecht. Production is scheduled to start december 2014, first deliveries around april 2015 if my memory serves me right.
What is exactly happening in the months jan-feb-march? I guess software development?

Just a thought. If production can start in December 2014...How long does it take to push a machine through production from start to finish?

I am sure the first few will take a little longer until they get into the swing of things, but if they start production on January 1st, wouldn't that first game be ready about 30 days or so after that?

#453 9 years ago

and just for the record. If mine is done before Pinfest (Allentown)....I'm bringing it there, man.

#455 9 years ago

yeah...I have no idea of how long it would take to build the game, and I am sure it takes different amounts of time depending on the facility building it and the needed parts.

Any idea of how long it takes Stern or JJP to build a game from start to crating?

#461 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Do they need a USA-based embedded software engineer?

Where's the NoTrashCougar when you need him?

#473 9 years ago

Public service announcement: Word has it that the 3 games heading to Expo were waiting in customs yesterday....

I just hope the DP guys threw some white undies in those crates for those inspectors.

#479 9 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

OK. 3 games. One in VIP, One for the Vendor Hall and one for the Lebowski Fest?

On Friday, I'm hoping for 1 at Pinball Life in the afternoon, and all 3 at the VIP party that night.

#511 9 years ago

Achievers....I know most of you are aware of this but thought I would post anyway. In about 6.5 hours, (7:30pm Chicago Time, 8:30 Eastern, etc) DP will be doing their seminar at Expo. Jared is doing a live feed that you can find here:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

If you sign in you can then ask a question via the chat.

#512 9 years ago

This is a great day for being an early Achiever.....

#521 9 years ago

that drunk dude was making me laugh

I wonder if he is still sitting next to jared...

#525 9 years ago

And if you missed the seminar....Jared, (one of the best Pin-Dudes ever) recorded it.

These guys are not scared.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/54070739

#530 9 years ago

I took another look at the seminar this morning and a few things jumped out at me....

Phil mentioned a conversation he had with another builder, the other builder said he was a manufacturer, looking at units sold, etc. Phil made it a point to say DP is not, and they are true pinheads, almost mocking the other builder. -----Then, when Jack was asked a question regarding trading his paid up spot on a 75th WOZ for a Hobbit, Jack told him he could sell it (the WOZ) on E-bay. Jack further added that he is a manufacturer, (basically saying that the guy that wanted to move his payment over to the Hobbit was SOL).

I didn't mean to roll Phil by asking about the next title from DP, but honestly, I am anxious to know what direction they are going in. They mentioned they had it down to 3 (and I think Barry said 5), and Phil put the selection in better perspective going over why they are not talking about it. So, if it was 3 (or 5) anyone want to speculate on what the next title will be? I hope they stay edgy, with an adult slant on it. Maybe a Mad Max, Pulp Fiction, or some other cool cult title. Please don't do Casper the friendly ghost.

What was up with the amitures in the audience? When Phil asked them what the dude said when he was being thrown in the car, it almost sounded like 8 year olds. (or maybe everyone was too drunk)...I was sure someone was going to scream "Carefull Man, there's a beverage here"...but Barry almost had to coach them.

Immersive experience....although I have not played it, I liked how he described how the game interacts with the player, where there is no need for an instruction card. Very cool.

Phil mentioned they do not do anything half assed. So I am assuming that the code will be complete when the games ship. Personally, I really don't care. As long as I can tie into my computer to grab updates that cool with me, but I think these guys have seen enough from others with unfinished code.

Another big thanks to Jared for steaming this for us, I'll be buying him a White Russian tonight.

#720 9 years ago

Guys...this is my first post from getting back from Expo....and still haven't had a chance to read through all of this thread, (as well as all the others) but let me tell you this.

Don't hesitate, don't pause........Order this F*cking Game! Now!

And to quote another one of my other favorite moves..."Sell the House, sell the kids"

#721 9 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

I wish there was a way to put $1 or $2.5K down and get caught up later... would love to get in on this game but am so tied up with other stuff (maybe cancelling THLE?)...

send Phil and e-mail...

#743 9 years ago
Quoted from TravisRT1985:

yeah, there is def two 2 ways to look at it. I just get this feeling I'm now over paying for the game by $500 if I jump in and it was already a very expensive game to me. I think it's great that early pre orders get extras thrown in like the rug and chrome upgrade, thats a great Idea and I have no problem with that but upping the price all of a sudden? I guess it just rubs me the wrong way.

I don't think there will be any time soon when you can call the local distributor and they have 5-10 TBL's sitting in the back ready to ship tomorrow. You may find one or two buy it now's on E-bay but don't expect to cost you $9k.

These guys are doing exactly as Tom mentions above...with the preorders that came in prior to the cut off, now they know how many pieces and parts to have delivered in order to get the early achievers done. My understanding is those who order today are looking at Q3 2015. As more orders come in, the production date gets moved back. Wait until after the Holidays and now you might see your game produced Q4 15'. Wait till they are shipping the first games out...you could be looking at Q1-2 16'

I also think that with the reception they got at Expo, they are pulling out all the stops. Its a curse sometimes to have this type of early positive vibes from the customers. I know they wanted to produce the best game possible, but they now are aware that we EXPECT them to do so. The price increase is the price increase. If this means they have the assets to put even more developement into the game I applaude their decision.

This game will be held under a microscope when it is complete. I think Dutch Pinball wants to produce a game where they can hand the microscope to the inspectors (customers)...

#744 9 years ago
Quoted from lost8ball:

With WOZ they told you the price would increase on a certain date. There was no mystery there.

yeah...thats called hype..."Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!"

#758 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well DP loses too, because I don't preorder,

Maybe not....DP is building TBL. But DP is also building a Brand. If TBL is all that its expected, DP may become the new standard in High Line Pins.

In the next several years, some may be selling their TBL, to fund another (DP) purchase. You may be able to pick up a routed TBL for less than $9k. But I don't think this will be a reality for while.

Its still not a bad thing for DP. They prove themselves with TBL and that creates interest from existing customers as well as future customers for the next title.

#761 9 years ago

When the early Achievers went in on the first day, we bought into a sheet of paper, showing a pinball machine covered in a rug. We committed to what, a hand out and a promise?

Now guys can make a decision on buying the game after seeing, playing, and experiencing it.

I have to think this is very fair. We stuck our necks out, (well kinda, they did offer a full refund)...and DP rewarded us with a rug, t-shirt, chrome, and a lower price. I am cool with that.

#791 9 years ago

Heard a conversation regarding various call outs to the game. A suggestion about The Stranger seemed to get good vibes from the people hanging in the conversation...but you never know.

#792 9 years ago
Quoted from lost8ball:

And, you likely will still have your necks stuck out for another year or more.

I'll take that bet...

#803 9 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Done. Maybe I should order 2....

Be careful, PDX almost talked me into ordering another one yesterday.

#815 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I wouldn't be worried. Do you at least have a paypal receipt? If you really made a good faith effort and contacted them before the deadline, I would expect them to honor your order. They probably have a ton of stuff they are sorting through this week. Relax.

Gotta agree with that...I think the DP guys want people to order their games and the last thing they want to do is piss off their customers. Things will get caught up...

I think they are overwhelmed with various aspects of the game. Getting the games ready for Expo was huge, now getting the games ready for Houston, New sales, existing customer questions, getting BOP 2.0 out, getting shirts out, etc, etc...they are busting at the seams.

#816 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

You could try this:
USA Address
Dutch Pinball USA Inc.
Park Ridge Plaza
350 S. Northwest Hwy, Suite 300
Park Ridge, IL 60068
Phone +1 (847) 268 4968
And the email is [email protected]

I would send a note directly to [email protected] or [email protected]. to get to the guys directly. The phone number goes to a messaging service and they can't answer anything.

#837 9 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

I've tried 3 method of contacts so far, no response, I'm in for $4500 so far and all I simply would like to know is if I got in on time for the goodies. A yes or no email back would be fine with me.

As long as that $4500 was not disguised as a leather bag of white undies, you should be good to go. You didn't throw that off a bridge did you?

I am sure you are fine, as long as you got it in before the deadline, I am sure they will honor all the goodies...

#838 9 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

I've tried 3 method of contacts so far, no response, I'm in for $4500 so far and all I simply would like to know is if I got in on time for the goodies. A yes or no email back would be fine with me.

BTW...my chick friend from Bakersfield has been advised of the arcade there that just opened up. She has a white russian waiting for you Bill.

#846 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

ok... clearly seeing it from the beginning is making MUCH more sense...
at the flying rug now dude...

"mind if I smoke a Jay"?

#850 9 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Preordered at Expo. I'm getting a rug!

great to meet you at Expo Pinaholic, glad you are on board...

#858 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

The kickback (trampoline)
Would that be the same mechanism used in Williams Firepower back in the 80's?

Why yes, and used again in F-14....I think Williams used slingshots in Firepower and F-14 as well but will have to go down and check my game to make sure.

#900 9 years ago
Quoted from SkiBall:

I pre-ordered mine on Oct 16 and havent heard anything from DP, just a paypal receipt. I was about to email them but wanted to check feedback here first and it seems they have been slow responding in general. Id just like some confirmation from them that my order is actually acknowledged on their end.

Send a note directly to [email protected] or [email protected]. They will get you sorted out. I know with Expo, this weekends Dutch Pinball Open, and the following weekend being Houston, they are busy.

One of them will get back to you. I am sure with your paypal reciept you are good to go....congrats on being an achiever...

#914 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm sure you're fine, but it's important to make sure you're in the system properly, because that's how the parts for the games are ordered. That's why they needed a hard cutoff date I'm sure, at a certain point you just need a number to plan around.

When talking with Phil, he mentioned this and makes total sense...

Quoted from kidchrisso:

return a fuckin email already..... It's been 7 days since my note to Phil.

I know we all think we are special Little Lebowski Achievers and want to be treated that way...Phil is working on sales and marketing, Jaap is in the manufacturing, and Barry is steering the ship. I have sent plenty of e-mails and PM's that have not been answered by Phil. You can't let it get you down Dude. Does Gary and Jack reply to every e-mail they get?

If you are seriously concerned about an issue...I would put in the subject line "important" and I am sure it will get noticed. Its got to be hard for him working through all the e-mails saying....

'hey man, there's a beverage here"...
or "will there be 4 balls or 3 in multiball"...
or "am I wrong?"
or, "can I get my machine made with special balls?"
or "do you think Bunny really would have let Brandt watched for $100?"
or "was Liam and Jesus sleeping together?"
or "was Walters undies clean or dirty when they were thrown from the bridge?"

I know, because I send him shit like that all the time....

#916 9 years ago
Quoted from jimmyjjohn:

Does anybody have a link showing the planned finished playfield

I wouldn't call these shots the "planned finished" but pretty damn close

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/biglebowski/index.html

#921 9 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

"final code" with six months left until the first shipment?

As Uma would say....

4 weeks later
#955 9 years ago

Pimpin' my TBL....

Just ordered Invisaglass and side mirrors....

#964 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

hi scott,
could you look into this to confirm? would it be possible for dp to install pdi glass when shipping and charge a bit more to cover the cost? i imagine it is cheaper to ship the glass from germany to holland and have it in the machines when they hit north america. just a thought, thanks.

I don't know this for sure, but it appears DP is considering upgrades to the game....rug, chrome, etc...I am sure they are considering a lot of things, possibly glass. Personally, I'd like to see a playfield protector available as an option. (similar to WOZ)

#966 9 years ago

I would love to see TBL come out with all the bling...mirror blades, Invisiglass, chrome, etc....but when it boils down to it....I'd rather have a kick ass bowling mech in the game vs stuff I can add/bolt on later.

The game is expensive already, and I would rather have my money being put into unique stuff vs stuff I can get anytime. Not trying to start a debate...just my opinion.

BTW...I posted on this thread because its the only one with actual pre-orders weighing in. In the other theads it seems like there are a lot of opinions from people not in on the project.

#970 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Generally there's been major reveals before payments do.. But between the prototypes already out there and Phil not being around.. Wondering if VIP newsletters with a lot of new shit are going to be thing of past. I'd love to see more on software as it progresses. Final playfield art whenever thats done.

I touched base with Barry the other day and it looks like they are focusing on getting the assembly line up for TBL and getting BOP 2.0 out. I would think we would see something from them after the party in NYC. Probably not a lot of epic news. My understanding is this is the time where a lot of work gets put into small corrections, software, bugs, etc....

Also, Phil mentioned to me at Expo, (not sure if this is fact), that they had, or were, considering letting the guys at the factory take some time off for the holidays. This would allow vendors more time to get parts over to the factory so when the makers of our fine machines return, they are ready to rock it out...

btw...I love the chrome...after seeing TBL in Chrome, Mike Chestnut is now chroming 5 lockdown bars and 2 sets of side rails for me.

#974 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm gonna put the record in a record frame and I'll build some kind of little shelf for the Steelbook blu-ray, make a little lebowski (lol) shrine around my machine

A shrine? don't forget the candle...

candle.JPGcandle.JPG
#987 9 years ago

I agree Tom...the "funny stuff" that is going on in the industry is seeping over with cold feet etc....kinda to be expected....The stove is still hot for many, and some just don't want to put their hands back on it....(rightfully so)...

Also, I don't think it would have been realistic to find that every single pre-order could or would make it to the end.

Best thing I have heard is the ones who have dropped out have not given up on DP or TBL...just waiting for it to be officially released. I take comfort in that.....the overall impression is positive for TBL, and the guys are not pulling out because they think the game will suck...

Post edited by burningman: I suck...I need to read my post before posting

1 week later
#1024 9 years ago

Just talked with Barry......everything is fine and no one is losing their place in line. If you go into your payments you should see where you can reapply the payment. DP will be sending out a note regrding this after the modern pinball launch.

Everything is ok and things will get sorted out

3 weeks later
#1066 9 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Awhile back in another thread in a galaxy far far away someone mentioned the people still in on the game after the Phil event as members of the "Hairy Balls Club". Guess that equates to risk takers?
In any case, I'm in for the long haul and if that means I'm in the HBC, so be it.

T-shirts will be made...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider burningman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-real-preorder-list?tu=burningman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.