(Topic ID: 77231)

The Big Lebowski Real (but unofficial) Preorder list!! 103 so far!

By RTR

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,088 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JimB
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ExchangeRate.png
HBC2.jpg
HBC.jpg
image-193.jpg
image-713.jpg
image.jpg
candle.JPG
$_57.JPG
012b.jpg
image-248.jpg
image-135.jpg
71eqbpQFxCL._SL1500_[1].jpg
image.jpg
celebration-time.jpg
image-277.jpg
image-39.jpg

There are 1088 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Thought this thread would be at least warm by the time I got home tonight!

New thread was created.. Unless you mean you expected you order count. They promised some more this week along with providing details on next payment

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Thought this thread would be at least warm by the time I got home tonight!

Me too! I'm really excited about the potential of their playfield design and figured more people would be snooping around this thread thinking about jumping off the fence once the next news release comes out.

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

New thread was created.. Unless you mean you expected you order count. They promised some more this week along with providing details on next payment

Thanks sd_tom! I found the other thread - good discussion going there. Here it is for anyone who came here to discuss the new layout:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tbl-playfield-layoutmy-thoughts

We will keep this thread dedicated to listing the Dudes who abide (those on the preorder list...)

#204 5 years ago

Only a pity rest of the 153 initial fictional pre-orders are of the silent type...

Also wondering who of the peeps who were blathering about "wanting to see more before I decide..." did/do order now after DP's constructive update?

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Only a pity rest of the 153 initial fictional pre-orders are of the silent type...
Also wondering who of the peeps who were blathering about "wanting to see more before I decide..." did/do order now after DP's constructive update?

Yeah, sorta figures... it is easy to bandwagon a hypothetical. I certainly never expected this to materialize when I "pre-ordered" the fictional version. When it was announced in December, it was a total "Hell Yeah" moment for me. What gets me more are the people who bitched about the "viral" campaign and how massively hyped it was for just a pre-order. Since when was printing some flyers and putting a count down timer on a web site massive hype?

I have to say I am super excited by what I have seen so far. Not four months in and a preliminary playfield design has already emerged. Hell, I think most pre-ordered game builders don't show much of anything for 6-8 months and then it is just a cabinet design, which is the easiest piece of the puzzle.

#206 5 years ago

2nd payment in!

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

When it was announced in December, it was a total "Hell Yeah" moment for me.

I totally share your enthusiasm... I even got more excited knowing a Dutch company would take this endeavor.

But keep in mind that although it's not even four months since DP's stepped into the light to the moment the current PF design came to light, they could (and will) be having this train going for 'some' time before that. Ever since they come up with the idea of making such a Pin, they are of-course imagining how it should look, play and feel!

- I'd love to see how they came from first ideas/sketches to the (semi) final design which got presented yesterday!

#208 5 years ago

Is there any benefit to getting in before April 1st now? new people will need to pony up 2.5k after the 1st anyway.

#209 5 years ago

They moved 2nd payment to 4/15 fyi

#210 5 years ago

Dont think this scatch can get people who are doubting to pre order now.

I am a bit worried about gameplay. Its a very clouded field. What will it do for the flow? That left ramp is very long, alot of balls wont reach the turn i am afraid.

The rest is just geussing. Alot of mini games i think. But i hope it has an interactive main toy. That is what woz is missing, still an awesome pin.

I kinda hoped for a kick back. Cause i like that feaure and cant believe not every modern pin has one.

#211 5 years ago

It does look like there is kickback

#212 5 years ago

Sorry if this is covered before, had not read the whole thread yet, but do we know what the tax and shipping would be into the US?

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Is there any benefit to getting in before April 1st now? new people will need to pony up 2.5k after the 1st anyway.

They have spoken about the VIP program and the benefits. It looks like those of us in the preorder queue get a super cool rug as one of the benefits. You know, man, to tie the room together.....

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Looks like there will be some benefit to preordering! I like how they are doing this. This is from my preorder email received today:

Very Important Pinheads

As someone who preordered The Big Lebowski Pinball™, you have become a Dutch Pinball VIP (Very Important Pinhead).

Over the next few weeks, I'll be sending you more details about the benefits, the rewards, and especially the VIP only special events... Stay tuned

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Peeps who have to pony up that 2.5K can get themselves at rest they're not from EU otherwise it would be a couple of hundred more! And what the heck... If you want one, you have to pay the full amount anyway. So if you enjoy the ride now you can trade hesitance for the breeze of imagination playing the Lebowski Pinball rather soon.... plus all extra's DP has in mind for their VIP's ofcourse!

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

nly a pity rest of the 153 initial fictional pre-orders are of the silent type...

Won't talk for any the other 152 fictional pre-orders, but I made clear I did not support:
- the Pre-payment plan.
- the price.

I chose to support Wrath of Olympus instead (which might not be much cheaper in the end... but at least no mandatory paiements required!).

#217 5 years ago

You don't have to prepay.. It's not a limited run.. So I don't see your point

#218 5 years ago

That is true, no prepayment required to get one. It is cool that they have some rewards planned for the abiders, but the best reward will be getting a machine early!

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

but the best reward will be getting a machine early!

This time next year I will be chewing my arms off in excitement (like I'm not already)

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sorry if this is covered before, had not read the whole thread yet, but do we know what the tax and shipping would be into the US?

From pre order website:
"Customers in the United States and Canada will have their orders processed through Dutch Pinball USA, Inc in Park Ridge, Illinois in order to reduce both your shipping costs as well as transit times. The pre-order price is $8,500 USD plus applicable taxes and shipping costs."

I take that as, unless you live in IL, you won't have to pay tax. As for shipping, likely $400 more.

1 week later
#221 5 years ago

Great offer for preordering

Very Important Pinheads™

These are just some of the benefits you get as a VIP:
One of the first to play The Big Lebowski Pinball™
Access to behind the scenes images of TBL development
Exclusive information before it's released to the public
An invitation to our Lebowski Launch Party in The Netherlands
A behind the scenes tour of Dutch Pinball
Free admittance to our Penthouse VIP event in Chicago this October
Invitations to other Dutch Pinball parties across the globe
Lots of surprises yet to come
And of course, the custom woven, perfectly sized rug...

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Considering the fact that I just visited Overland Park for 4 days, I probably should be.

The city in Kansas or the actual park in Toledo, Ohio?

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

An invitation to our Lebowski Launch Party in The Netherlands

Too bad the timeline doesn't groove well with the Cup. Would be nice to kill two birds with one stone...

#224 5 years ago

Is the rug for under the machine or to stand on while playing. To say it will tie the room together is a given

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Is the rug for under the machine or to stand on while playing. To say it will tie the room together is a given

The rug, its "suitable for framing"....oh, and "highly sought after"

hummm...Expo in Chicago or Netherlands? how about both?!

Looks like a flight to Amsterdam is a little over a grand round trip....I might have to start budgeting for that trip...

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I have the same question. Will it be the size of the machine, so that the legs will sit on the rug? I am imagining lots of bunching up and legs sliding off the edges. Not sure I'm going to like this idea.

Also, has anyone seen anything to suggest "pin2.0" is something real? Or is this just marketing hype-speak? I guess I am holding out hope for something I have never seen.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I have the same question. Will it be the size of the machine, so that the legs will sit on the rug? I am imagining lots of bunching up and legs sliding off the edges. Not sure I'm going to like this idea.
Also, has anyone seen anything to suggest "pin2.0" is something real? Or is this just marketing hype-speak? I guess I am holding out hope for something I have never seen.

The rug is yours......so put it in front of the machine, put it under the machine, frame it, roll it up, piss on it....it will be yours to do with as you please...

Regarding Pin 2.0....well, BOP 2.0 is on. From what I have read, all the licensing is behind them and BOP 2.0 and is full steam ahead. Pin 2.0 I think will be a wait and see deal. I have been reading a lot of the thread here on Pinside regarding this, and from what it appears, good things will come. But I will wait until something is further developed before I make my final judgement on Pin 2.0.

(if I had a BOP, I would be in on BOP 2.0)

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

The rug is yours......so put it in front of the machine, put it under the machine, frame it, roll it up, piss on it....it will be yours to do with as you please...

Good information. I thought I would be under some sort obligation to do something specific with the rug. Thanks for the clarification on that.

#229 5 years ago

I'm in for my second payment already!!

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

The rug, its "suitable for framing"....oh, and "highly sought after"
hummm...Expo in Chicago or Netherlands? how about both?!
Looks like a flight to Amsterdam is a little over a grand round trip....I might have to start budgeting for that trip...

Wanna split a hotel room?

#231 5 years ago

Wait what's this about the conflict for Expo and Netherlands? Looks like they are having an event AT Expo for Lebowski VIPs. I guess I'll go to Expo then I am always up for a trip back to the Netherlands too

#232 5 years ago

Just watched the movie again last night. Picked up another line that could be used strategically with a stuck ball, or something.

"It was lodged against an abutment"
"Oh, man. Lodged where?"

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Wanna split a hotel room?

PDX...we should talk.

I don't think there is a conflict...I really want to hit Expo this year and trying to see if I can pull off a trip to Amsterdam as well ($$$$). It would definitely be one of those trips that you never forget...

#234 5 years ago

Hope one of you guys are at the MGC....look who just showed up

DPMGC.JPG
#235 5 years ago

finally got my tax paperwork done... #21 if you're still adding to the pinsider list!

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from deadzebra:

finally got my tax paperwork done... #21 if you're still adding to the pinsider list!

Got you on the list - welcome!

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from deadzebra:

What order number where you on the reciept?

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What order number where you on the reciept?

did we get an order number on our reciept?

edit...I just found it

#239 5 years ago

i was 30

#240 5 years ago

hummm...mine was 78840, so I guess that was 40? I was having problems with getting my preoder in from my office computer so had to work with Barry to get it in...

#241 5 years ago

interesting I am #80030
maybe there is no rhyme or reason to the numbering

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

hummm...mine was 78840, so I guess that was 40? I was having problems with getting my preoder in from my office computer so had to work with Barry to get it in...

Where are you finding this? My order # is WAY above these numbers and I somehow think they don't have 22,000 pre-orders in front of me?

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

maybe there is no rhyme or reason to the numbering

I'm thinking the same....but it would be cool to find out where we are on the pecking order...

PDX...I'll definitely be in touch about sharing that room for an Amsterdam trip.

By the way, if anyone from the TBL preorder group is heading to Allentown I will be there and have a DP shirt on, so introduce yourself!

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Where are you finding this? My order # is WAY above these numbers and I somehow think they don't have 22,000 pre-orders in front of me?

my understanding is that we are now in the 25,000 pre-orders for this title...

#245 5 years ago

FWIW, my order number is 14323.

#246 5 years ago

And mine 41450 ... So yeah.. Kinda random

#247 5 years ago

Quoted from burningman:my understanding is that we are now in the 25,000 pre-orders for this title...

PHEW, well at least the bugs should be worked out once 22,000 roll off the line before mine!

#248 5 years ago

Sounds like you guys need a super secret cold-war era Serial # decoding machine!

#249 5 years ago

I think the numbers are in code on Treehorns paper.....

Quoted from thefoxxman:

Sounds like you guys need a super secret cold-war era Serial # decoding machine!

treehorn.JPG
#250 5 years ago

Now that we have some order number samples and know that they're all over the board, we need a math savant to figure out the logic of how their order numbers are generated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 3.70
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 179.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 21.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 1088 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside