(Topic ID: 77231)

The Big Lebowski Real (but unofficial) Preorder list!! 103 so far!

By RTR

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,088 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JimB
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ExchangeRate.png
HBC2.jpg
HBC.jpg
image-193.jpg
image-713.jpg
image.jpg
candle.JPG
$_57.JPG
012b.jpg
image-248.jpg
image-135.jpg
71eqbpQFxCL._SL1500_[1].jpg
image.jpg
celebration-time.jpg
image-277.jpg
image-39.jpg
There are 1,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 22.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Not meaning to quibble, but here is the new price. Stern can't change more than 5k for machines or OPS won't buy them.

Apparently there are two different prices being used.
$ 4995: http://merchandise.ford.com//product/ford-mustang-pinball-machine
$ 6800: http://www.fordcollection.com/Product/1121442-00

#102 10 years ago

A cute little video to help pass the time

#103 10 years ago

just jumped over and checked out the annocement video on Youtube....for those that think there isn't a lot of interest in the project, there has been 10,683 views. Not bad for a Pinball that hasn't been produced.

#104 10 years ago

Like I said lots of interest and GREAT theme for a pin but they screwed the pooch on pricing.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Like I said lots of interest and GREAT theme for a pin but they screwed the pooch on pricing.

Well, fortunately we have the choice of buying a Mustang at the low introductory price of $4995....

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Well, fortunately we have the choice of buying a Mustang at the low introductory price of $4995....

Mustang is a game that is and will be made, TBL is a pipe dream in the idea stage where it has been for years.
If it comes out in 3 or 4 years and if it is a good game and if distributors have it on the floor I may buy one but at the 9K+ price it is doubtful.
For the price this will be a small boutique run nothing that will be in bowling alleys or promote pinball.
The big reveal that showed nothing but a payment schedule was a non event, I felt like a fat girl on prom night.

#107 10 years ago

Philip Seymour Hoffman dead at 46.
Apparent drug overdose, found in his Manhattan apartment.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Oh man that is a bummer, just saw it on the NY Times. He was an incredibly talented actor and always fun to watch. Sober for 20+ years, sounds like he fell of the wagon pretty hard.

#109 10 years ago

Very, very sorry to lose such a talent.

#110 10 years ago

RIP Philip Seymore Hoffman, he will be missed.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I love nearly every movie he was in and all of his roles. Great talent and great loss.

#112 10 years ago

It would be nice to stick a PSH line from the movie in as a call out/tribute to him. Any ideas? I can't recall many of his lines.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

It would be nice to stick a PSH line from the movie in as a call out/tribute to him. Any ideas? I can't recall many of his lines.

This is our concern dude.

#114 10 years ago

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0003523/quotes

Maybe this after the game ends:

"Well, enjoy. And perhaps we'll see you again some time, Dude."

Or this when you try to start a game with 0 or 1/2 credits:

"You never went to college."

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0003523/quotes
Maybe this after the game ends:
"Well, enjoy. And perhaps we'll see you again some time, Dude."

Good suggestions, but I like this one best!

#116 10 years ago

I´m on the pre-order list, too

#117 10 years ago

This list has been up for 3+ weeks and there are only a total of 15 pre-orders so far?? (At least from Pinsiders). I'm curious if the lack of pre-orders is an issue (or concern) at all right now? Aside from PSH passing away, the buzz around this game seems to be dead. I'm still crossing my fingers it happens ... but I need to see much more before I get on board.

#118 10 years ago

Let's just say, I'll get it a long as it's good. Not going in for pre-order though.

#120 10 years ago

With biglebowski and rlinsky looks like we are 17...in my post above referencing the intro video on youtube, my first thought is that there is a lot of buzz on the game. There's a big world out there, and not all of them are regulars on pinside.

I had read on another post that the DP guys are going through a transition...leaving day jobs to focus entirely on Pinball. Great news for them and the Pinball community as a whole. Something else I read was that they are working on TBL at the same time as their BOP 2.0 project.

I have a feeling that we will be seeing something soon...however, even though they have the license with Paramount, I think they still need the ok from them before releasing any artwork, etc....

Stay tuned Achievers......

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

I´m on the pre-order list, too

I guess you would have to be in!

#122 10 years ago

17 pinside preorders (remember that is 17 that care enough to update this thread...) does seem a little low, but there are plenty of dudes that will buy in once 'new information comes to light'.

For some, that will be just showing real progress like some of the other boutique pin makers have done. For others, it may mean a whole machine is available. Either way, they will have no problem selling enough of these to make a go of it.

#123 10 years ago

Addendum - as long as the product is exceptional!!

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Addendum - as long as the product is exceptional!!

Its going to be epic...they said so...

#125 10 years ago

Plenty of us silently sitting on the sidelines waiting for more information.

#126 10 years ago

Soo disappointed they priced 90% of the market out. I don't understand their strategy. They could do so much more business with reasonable pricing. Oh well, many other options out there. Best of luck with it. I really hope it turns out to be worth the asking price, I may own one some day yet.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Soo disappointed they priced 90% of the market out. I don't understand their strategy.

It could be that they can't build them in volume so they are getting as much as they can for the amount they can produce.
Who knows, the only info on the game is the price.

#128 10 years ago

FYI - 4 of the 17 preorders are from Europe. I guess this theme has some genuine interest over there.

Post edited by RTR : grammar

#129 10 years ago

Just got the first newsletter with minor updates but looks like bigger updates on the horizon!

Hope this link works
http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=9eee7a6360316059f8bee9561&id=0573401bed&e=a067fada48

#130 10 years ago

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Just got the first newsletter with minor updates but looks like bigger updates on the horizon!

I think this is a good tactic, stay off the forum and post official information via newsletters.

#132 10 years ago

I like their style dude.

They aren't getting ahead of themselves. Can't wait to see more. Glad to see the workspace and the fact that this is a full time gig for at least some of them.

#133 10 years ago

The difference here is that they are very clearly letting everyone know that you do not have to preorder to get a game.

#134 10 years ago

TBL's space is reserved

abide rug.JPGabide rug.JPG
#135 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

TBL's space is reserved

abide rug.JPG 24 KB

That is awesome!!

#136 10 years ago

Love that they called it "The New Shit Newsletter". Please tell me one of my friends is getting this pin.

#137 10 years ago

You live in WI - that is pin-central compared to a lot of places! I think your chances are pretty good.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

TBL's space is reserved

abide rug.JPG 24 KB

Ha..ha, awesome indeed...

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

You live in WI - that is pin-central compared to a lot of places! I think your chances are pretty good.

I hope so. Who would have thought WI would be central to anything!

#140 10 years ago

Anyone in NorCal, they are showing TBL at the Nourse Theater in San Francisco which is a super nice theater so I imagine it'll be awesome, and it's FREE - details:
http://sf.funcheap.com/event-series/philip-seymour-hoffman-movie-marathon-city-arts-lectures/

#141 10 years ago

One of my top 3 favorite movies. I put the 1k down a few days back. Hopefully the game stays on schedule.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

One of my top 3 favorite movies. I put the 1k down a few days back. Hopefully the game stays on schedule.

Welcome dude! You are #18 to verify on pinside.

Did you receive your New Sh*t newsletter?

#143 10 years ago

Achievers...

TBL is on tonight on the Independent Film Channel (Comcast 893 in the Washington DC area) at 7:30pm....not sure if its the same channel in other areas but look for IFC in your area and should be on.

watch and learn....

#144 10 years ago

I swore a sacred oath to not buy any more NIB pins. I might have my brother buy one, unbox it, play a game and then sell it to me.

#145 10 years ago

Facebook post shows the guys looking at things to tie the room together

#146 10 years ago

How far is 2015 away again exactly?

#147 10 years ago

I did get the news letter, sad that it actually reminded me to go on and order it. Advertising works.

#148 10 years ago

I am buying! Very exciting to see the new digs. Truly hope this gets done and is awesome.

#149 10 years ago

Pretty sure by October, some if not plenty of "Dudes" and likely myself will be dropping some coin...deposit of 5500. We should see at least an update or two from the team hopefully by then. JJP has my money for TH already. Up to Stern to steal it from them come winter.

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I am buying! Very exciting to see the new digs. Truly hope this gets done and is awesome.

I took that to mean that you have paid your deposit and so I put you on the list. Let me know if I got that wrong. RTR

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 1,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-real-preorder-list/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.