(Topic ID: 77231)

The Big Lebowski Real (but unofficial) Preorder list!! 103 so far!

By RTR

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,088 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JimB
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ExchangeRate.png
HBC2.jpg
HBC.jpg
image-193.jpg
image-713.jpg
image.jpg
candle.JPG
$_57.JPG
012b.jpg
image-248.jpg
image-135.jpg
71eqbpQFxCL._SL1500_[1].jpg
image.jpg
celebration-time.jpg
image-277.jpg
image-39.jpg

There are 1088 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
#1051 4 years ago

I decided to stay in too.

#1052 4 years ago

Are there any good pay options for doing a pre-order? Everyone keeps saying Paypal is no go for pre-orders, they will not refund any non received goods, it must have been shipped and/or returned to qualify for a dispute? Is it better to use paypal via a backed credit card vs. cash from a back account or not?

#1053 4 years ago

Payment sent.

#1054 4 years ago

My payment went in yesterday Dudes.
We should start a new post that will show how many preorders are still in.
I'd be curious if I have moved up.
RTR GET ON IT!

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Are there any good pay options for doing a pre-order? Everyone keeps saying Paypal is no go for pre-orders, they will not refund any non received goods, it must have been shipped and/or returned to qualify for a dispute? Is it better to use paypal via a backed credit card vs. cash from a back account or not?

AMEX through PayPal if you can.
Recently I had an ebay dispute because the seller never sent me an item.
Tried to resolve through ebay but they said it past their allot time to issue a refund. Then I called Amex and the funds where back in my account in 24 hours. First time I've ever had to dispute a charge but they handled it amazingly imo. I offered to send them pictures from ebay showing the item as hasn't shipped yet but they said don't worry about it and they would contact me if they had a problem or if the seller objects.

#1056 4 years ago

The god damn plane has crashed into the mountain! But I'm still in

#1057 4 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR DUDES!

image-193.jpg

#1059 4 years ago

Still in. And moved up in line I hope.

#1060 4 years ago

Still in... That Achievers plaque will really tie the game together

#1061 4 years ago

Barry has really stepped up communication, I emailed him yesterday and had a solid response within 15 min.

#1062 4 years ago

Another day closer till the arrival of my TBL machine....

#1063 4 years ago

In still, but wanting an option to be an Achievers edition or HBC edition.

#1064 4 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

wanting an option to be an Achievers edition or HBC edition.

I should probably already know this, but what´s an HBC edition?

#1065 4 years ago

Awhile back in another thread in a galaxy far far away someone mentioned the people still in on the game after the Phil event as members of the "Hairy Balls Club". Guess that equates to risk takers?

In any case, I'm in for the long haul and if that means I'm in the HBC, so be it.

#1066 4 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Awhile back in another thread in a galaxy far far away someone mentioned the people still in on the game after the Phil event as members of the "Hairy Balls Club". Guess that equates to risk takers?
In any case, I'm in for the long haul and if that means I'm in the HBC, so be it.

T-shirts will be made...

#1067 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

T-shirts will be made...

Xl size please. I'll also need one in a ladies size for my wife.

#1068 4 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Another day closer till the arrival of my TBL machine....

Not going to sell your spot this time?

#1069 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Not going to sell your spot this time?

Hell no! Have never thought about it. Made the 5th payment and stay in till the end.

- You're probably mistaken by the fact I had for sale and have sold my Hobbit spot -> and for good reason...

#1070 4 years ago

good, me neither! Still paying as scheduled

#1071 4 years ago

Got my shirt.
Now I just need the rug and last but not least TBL

#1072 4 years ago

in. staying drama free.

#1073 4 years ago

RTR, when do you plan to update the list?

#1074 4 years ago

Ya RTR.
What's the hold up?

#1075 4 years ago

Made my Jan payment yesterday... better late than never...

So will there be an HBC plaque? If so, here's my suggested artwork:

HBC.jpg

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

I've heard references to one's testicular fortitude as having "Big Balls" or "Balls of Steel", but never as having "Hairy Balls". Might want to rethink that one.

Post edited by BoozeMarlin: horrible grammer

#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

I've heard references to one's testicular fortitude as having "Big Balls" or "Balls of Steel", but never as having "Hairy Balls". Might want to rethink that one.

I had the same thoughts, but I put it down to an American thing... I guess I was wrong...

#1079 4 years ago

Some interesting factoids about TBL (the movie) in the video linked below, just to pass the time:

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/7-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-the-big-lebowski-1679128713

1 week later
#1080 4 years ago

Hey dudes - been gone a while. Anything interesting going on?

#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Hey dudes - been gone a while. Anything interesting going on?

You may have missed some continued speculation/fabrication on the refund thread. Otherwise, it's been nothing but crickets on the TBL front.

So short answer: no.

#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Anything interesting going on?

The US Dollar - Euro exchange rate...
See how it changed over the last 9 months. Should affect Stern sale prices in Europe and vice versa.

ExchangeRate.png
#1083 4 years ago

Good thought on the euro. Anything produced in Euros could be sold at a lower $ price if they wanted. Also depends on where their materials are coming from.

They have ther game listed for 6600'euro excluding the vat for non u.s. Residents. At today's exchange rate it converts to $7396. Plus you would need to ship to the u.s. And get through customs also not sure if the machines would be the same for each market, I.e. Power supply etc...

How does stern handle pricing ? Are they selling to distributors in $ worldwide ? I think they are because I hear other countries complaining about pring as the $ has strengthened.

#1084 4 years ago

#1085 4 years ago

I could see DP adjusting their final price when games are shipping. If they could shave several hundred dollars off the US price, that would make it that much more competitive.

Since currency is so volatile, it wouldn't make sense to announce anything until games are shipping.

#1086 4 years ago

Your forgetting that the parts and machines will be built/assembled in the US, no? Cost to build in the US doesn't reflect anything happening overseas.

#1087 4 years ago

From the DP Website FAQ:

Where will The Big Lebowski™ Pinball be manufactured?
The Big Lebowski™ Pinball will be manufactured at our facility located in The Netherlands.

#1088 4 years ago

Oh ok, i assumed since US Dutch was buying motherboards with US paypal funds they were staying here to assemble.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Mateo, CA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 3.70
$ 21.00
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 1088 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside