(Topic ID: 77231)

The Big Lebowski Real (but unofficial) Preorder list!! 103 so far!

By RTR

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,088 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JimB
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ExchangeRate.png
HBC2.jpg
HBC.jpg
image-193.jpg
image-713.jpg
image.jpg
candle.JPG
$_57.JPG
012b.jpg
image-248.jpg
image-135.jpg
71eqbpQFxCL._SL1500_[1].jpg
image.jpg
celebration-time.jpg
image-277.jpg
image-39.jpg

There are 1088 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 22.
#951 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I didn't think a little bump in the road like that would shake you.

At least they were soft bumps and no beverages were spilled!

image-135.jpg

#952 5 years ago

image-248.jpg

#953 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Marketing isn't done. Pin hasn't even been shipped to a single person yet.
DP will be at Houston this weekend. Why go to the trouble of being there if marketing is done? Their appearance there is 100% marketing.

I hear El Monte Slim is looking for a gig.

1 week later
#955 4 years ago

Pimpin' my TBL....

Just ordered Invisaglass and side mirrors....

#956 4 years ago

I'm in - just barely made it as a VIP .

#957 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Pimpin' my TBL....
Just ordered Invisaglass and side mirrors....

Sorry to break this to you, but when I mentioned ordering some PDI glass for TBL in a previous thread I got the following PM from Phil:

'TBL is close, but not a standard size, so please don't spend your money on the PDI.'

Maybe stick it in another pin?

#958 4 years ago

So what does that mean? Custom regular glass? That's stupid

#959 4 years ago

For 9k this thing should come with invisiglass or pdi glass no?

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Sorry to break this to you, but when I mentioned ordering some PDI glass for TBL in a previous thread I got the following PM from Phil:
'TBL is close, but not a standard size, so please don't spend your money on the PDI.'
Maybe stick it in another pin?

Hey guys,
I just wanted to hop on here to make sure that this information is cleared up. TBL does in fact use standard sized glass and the glass channels are the industry standard size as well. As long as the PDI glass is the same size and thickness of a standard sheet of glass, you will not have a problem using it in TBL.

If you guys have any other questions about this stuff, please send us an email to sales@dutchpinball.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Thank you,
--Scott

#961 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

For 9k this thing should come with invisiglass or pdi glass no?

Sounds good to me.

#962 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey guys,
I just wanted to hop on here to make sure that this information is cleared up. TBL does in fact use standard sized glass and the glass channels are the industry standard size as well. As long as the PDI glass is the same size and thickness of a standard sheet of glass, you will not have a problem using it in TBL.
If you guys have any other questions about this stuff, please send us an email to sales@dutchpinball.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Thank you,
--Scott

hi scott,

could you look into this to confirm? would it be possible for dp to install pdi glass when shipping and charge a bit more to cover the cost? i imagine it is cheaper to ship the glass from germany to holland and have it in the machines when they hit north america. just a thought, thanks.

#963 4 years ago

I'm glad they didn't use some sort of invinsiglass in the prototypes, else this photo would not have turned out like this:
(C) Photo by Santiago Ciuffo, 2014

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

hi scott,
could you look into this to confirm? would it be possible for dp to install pdi glass when shipping and charge a bit more to cover the cost? i imagine it is cheaper to ship the glass from germany to holland and have it in the machines when they hit north america. just a thought, thanks.

I don't know this for sure, but it appears DP is considering upgrades to the game....rug, chrome, etc...I am sure they are considering a lot of things, possibly glass. Personally, I'd like to see a playfield protector available as an option. (similar to WOZ)

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I don't know this for sure, but it appears DP is considering upgrades to the game....rug, chrome, etc...I am sure they are considering a lot of things, possibly glass. Personally, I'd like to see a playfield protector available as an option. (similar to WOZ)

Ya I think PDI/Invisiglass would be a nice add-on feature for the initial VIPs. I love me the rug and just got my t-shirt finally but a little more would be nice.

#966 4 years ago

I would love to see TBL come out with all the bling...mirror blades, Invisiglass, chrome, etc....but when it boils down to it....I'd rather have a kick ass bowling mech in the game vs stuff I can add/bolt on later.

The game is expensive already, and I would rather have my money being put into unique stuff vs stuff I can get anytime. Not trying to start a debate...just my opinion.

BTW...I posted on this thread because its the only one with actual pre-orders weighing in. In the other theads it seems like there are a lot of opinions from people not in on the project.

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I would love to see TBL come out with all the bling...mirror blades, Invisiglass, chrome, etc....but when it boils down to it....I'd rather have a kick ass bowling mech in the game vs stuff I can add/bolt on later.

If I had to choose between chrome and PDI glass I'd prefer PDI, I have enough games chromed, love the look but it's getting old to me, a lot of the cool powder coatings look much better and can fit the games better.

#968 4 years ago

Yeah with TBL out of shadows , subject to same no skin in the game contributions. Which is fine, its a forum and I will admit I've posted in the JPOP and SkitB and Hobbit threads with no skin in that either. I can appreciate the before time though when it was just us.

Anyways, for accuracy Aurich is out per another thread. Sorry to see him go..

So, for those not paying ahead, another payment is coming up. Generally there's been major reveals before payments do.. But between the prototypes already out there and Phil not being around.. Wondering if VIP newsletters with a lot of new shit are going to be thing of past. I'd love to see more on software as it progresses. Final playfield art whenever thats done.

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

If I had to choose between chrome and PDI glass I'd prefer PDI

I could take or leave the chrome too. It seems to be a done deal, though. Hopefully, DP will offer PDI as a an upgrade prior to shipping. I would at least be able to save the cash I would have spent on freight for the PDI and I don't have to deal with extra glass floating around.

Quoted from burningman:

I'd rather have a kick ass bowling mech in the game vs stuff I can add/bolt on later.

I agree. The pre-order perks were great and even unprecedented but I don't expect anything else from DP in the extras department. I do hope that they make the custom balls available for purchase.

On a completely unrelated note (and for the narrow audience that may be interested), TBL's soundtrack was released on Record Store Day's Black Friday on "White Russian" vinyl in limited quantities:

$_57.JPG
#970 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Generally there's been major reveals before payments do.. But between the prototypes already out there and Phil not being around.. Wondering if VIP newsletters with a lot of new shit are going to be thing of past. I'd love to see more on software as it progresses. Final playfield art whenever thats done.

I touched base with Barry the other day and it looks like they are focusing on getting the assembly line up for TBL and getting BOP 2.0 out. I would think we would see something from them after the party in NYC. Probably not a lot of epic news. My understanding is this is the time where a lot of work gets put into small corrections, software, bugs, etc....

Also, Phil mentioned to me at Expo, (not sure if this is fact), that they had, or were, considering letting the guys at the factory take some time off for the holidays. This would allow vendors more time to get parts over to the factory so when the makers of our fine machines return, they are ready to rock it out...

btw...I love the chrome...after seeing TBL in Chrome, Mike Chestnut is now chroming 5 lockdown bars and 2 sets of side rails for me.

#971 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I touched base with Barry the other day and it looks like they are focusing on getting the assembly line up for TBL and getting BOP 2.0 out. I would think we would see something from them after the party in NYC. Probably not a lot of epic news. My understanding is this is the time where a lot of work gets put into small corrections, software, bugs, etc....
Also, Phil mentioned to me at Expo, (not sure if this is fact), that they had, or were, considering letting the guys at the factory take some time off for the holidays. This would allow vendors more time to get parts over to the factory so when the makers of our fine machines return, they are ready to rock it out...
btw...I love the chrome...after seeing TBL in Chrome, Mike Chestnut is now chroming 5 lockdown bars and 2 sets of side rails for me.

+1 I love chrome trim!

#972 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I touched base with Barry the other day and it looks like they are focusing on getting the assembly line up for TBL and getting BOP 2.0 out.

Yeah getting BOP2.0 takes priority.. luckily it looks like hardware for BOP 2.0 is 95-100% done and 60% on software.. so still a way to go and they really should get the priority.

#973 4 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

On a completely unrelated note (and for the narrow audience that may be interested), TBL's soundtrack was released on Record Store Day's Black Friday on "White Russian" vinyl in limited quantities:

$_57.JPG 184 KB

Mine is on it's way! Lots of great TBL stuff coming out lately. I'm gonna put the record in a record frame and I'll build some kind of little shelf for the Steelbook blu-ray, make a little lebowski (lol) shrine around my machine

#974 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm gonna put the record in a record frame and I'll build some kind of little shelf for the Steelbook blu-ray, make a little lebowski (lol) shrine around my machine

A shrine? don't forget the candle...

candle.JPG
#975 4 years ago

I wonder if I build the shrine early if I can pray to it that my machine shows up faster?

#976 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I was trying to not make a big deal out of it, but I've gotten so many emails and PMs (two in the last 20 minutes even) and Facebook messages that I guess there's no point in not saying something, will save me time. I don't even remember what thread I happened to mention it in, but I guess word gets around.

The bottom line is I hate the pre-order model. Never been a fan, never wanted to be a part of it. Some people dig the whole ride, for me it's just headache and stress, and that's not something I want as part of a hobby I enjoy.

I'll admit it, I drank the Kool-Aid at Expo. Phil really said the right things, I was on board with how he thought and what I thought was how DP thought too. The game looked great, the theme was awesome, and I got caught up in the hype. I went against my normal judgement and decided to go for it. Phil pushed me over the edge Saturday morning.

And it was fun. I do see the appeal. And the company is good, you guys are great.

But as the Expo glow faded and I sobered up I starting remembering why I hate this whole model. From super sekrit Jpop to community-oriented Skit-B, it has a tendency to get ugly. And I just didn't want to be a part of that. It's too much money, and too much worry. It's only a game, I love the hobby, and I don't want anything to poison that. For my own mental health I had to get out.

So that's the personal side, so you know where I'm coming from. On the actual concern front, I do have a few.

I spent a night with a small group having personal talks with Phil at Expo. He wasn't making the game, but he was the face of it for me, and he said the right things. When he left, and the sources of disagreement became clear (I won't go into all of that) it soured me a bit. The image of the DP team, all cylinders firing together, got a little tarnished. Made me wonder what was Phil and what was DP.

And I have to admit, Jaap's decision to offer the pre-order package to DPO attendees after it was closed rubbed me the wrong way. That was a big f-you to US buyers who got in too late. Now I wasn't one of them, I was in on chrome and rug, but still, that's the kind of business decision that speaks to character, and I didn't like it.

Phil was a big part of the licensing discussions, and one thing DP has done really well is working the theme, and pushing what the license would allow. As of the last I heard things weren't 100% approved yet. I'm hopeful that with him gone there won't be any problems there, I think the bulk of the work is probably done. But this notion of him as "just the marketing guy" isn't really accurate. I admittedly really only have his side of the stories though.

The last issue, and it's kind of the big one frankly, is Bride 2.0. It hasn't been handled well, and as the leading indicator of what DP is all about it's left me a little cold. It's not my place to discuss what went down between them and Rick, but I'll say this: at no point was it not solvable. So for them to stop working on the game, and then start shipping it totally unfinished, and with no warning and little communication ... well, it gave me pause.

Because if there's anything I hate more than pre-orders it's this whole "buy the game and we'll finish it later, you hope, thanks sucker" shit that's become the new standard. F that, all day, all night. I'm not buying any more beta products with the hope they'll be great later. I'm reminded of that every time I see Star Trek. And so thankful I waited to get my Metallica until after the code was legit.

I wrote all this to Barry when I explained why I was out. Never heard back from him. I haven't a clue what DP is doing or thinking now, don't look to me as some kind of insider. I still think the game is going to be great. I won't be surprised to see DP buck the trend and ship it on time, and maybe it will be "finished" too. I hope so. But I'm just not in the mood to play this game of paying thousands of dollars to maybe find out.

If anyone at DP is reading this I'll repeat what I've said to you privately more than once. Communicate! Silence is your worst enemy. And beyond that, good luck, I'm still really pulling for you, and I have nothing but positive things to say about TBL. It looks amazing, and I can't wait to see it. Maybe you'll have me back as a customer, but as cool as the prototype was, I'm just not that kind of early adopter.

Sorry for the essay, seemed best to just lay it all out since people were curious. I'm going to try and find a Fathom instead, I'm digging that '80-'81 Bally thing right now. Keep it simpler!

#977 4 years ago

hey no worries man.. i was only concerned about the rules.. (preorder list count).. doesn't anyone give a shit about the rules? All your points are valid and something DP should take to heart.

#978 4 years ago

There are a lot of horses in the pre-order race. Some are faster than others and some are downright slow. Some are seemingly running the wrong way. But I picked my horse, and I'm sticking to it. That son of a bitch better finish the race, though, or he's headed for the glue factory!

Run Lebowski! Run! Run you son of a bitch!

#979 4 years ago

I honestly think that DP is going to deliver an amazing game, and that people will be happy. I'm a little sad to have dropped out, and I wouldn't try and convince anyone else to do it. You gotta roll with what makes you happy and comfortable. I'm at peace with my call.

#980 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sorry for the essay, seemed best to just lay it all out since people were curious.

As usual, your insight is always appreciated . Given some of your previous posts related to JPOP, I was sorta shocked that you were wooed into the TBL pre-order machine in the first place. I share many of your views on the whole pre-order system which seems to be becoming more and more the norm these days. For better or worse, I based my decision to pre-order TBL on theme alone and it has been an ideal experience for the most part. Admittedly, I have been a pretty passive observer in the whole thing. No personal discussions with Phil. Haven't been to one of the public showings yet. I still have confidence in DP and TBL despite some reservations. The whole BOP 2.0 debacle is troublesome to me, if not unexpected (for the record, I am not in on BOP 2.0). I can also foresee a few more bumps in the road before TBL is in production. Anyone who thinks that developing a prototype is the easy part of producing a pinball machine (or anything else, for that matter) needs a reality check. Hopefully, the DP team will learn a few things from their BOP troubles and TBL will be finished before delivered. I am firmly in the "I don't mind waiting a little while longer until it's finished' camp.

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

As usual, your insight is always appreciated . Given some of your previous posts related to JPOP, I was sorta shocked that you were wooed into the TBL pre-order machine in the first place.

Thanks. And really, the Expo experience was something else. Some of it was just salesmanship, and I was aware of that, but the whole floor was buzzing about the game. Totally stole the show, and it was easy to get caught up in the excitement. It was a "finally, someone gets it" moment, and I think that more than anything else was what sucked me in. I love the theme, great movie, but it's not a personal grail kind of thing for me. And I honestly barely even flipped the game. It was more about the entire package.

I have several friends who are pre-ordering, and assuming they stick it out I'll get some quality time on the final machine, and then I can make my call. If I really want it I can afford the price tag. It's also not chump change for me, and wouldn't be a casual decision. I'd likely need to sell a game to justify it. Plus I only have one open slot left and I'm really hoping to find that 1980 Bally to fill it.

#982 4 years ago

Stumbled across this Big Lebowski Art by accident. Here's the link if anybody is interested. The artist appears to live in France.

http://www.curioos.com/product/Print/The-Big-Lebowski-Kit

#983 4 years ago

I still like this one the best, and as good as the playfield artwork is now, it still would of been cooler if it was more like this:

http://omgposters.com/2009/02/20/exclusive-tyler-stouts-big-lebowski-poster/

#984 4 years ago

iceman44 is also out, citing pre-order Fatigue. (JPOP thread)

#985 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

iceman44 is also out, citing pre-order Fatigue. (JPOP thread)

Only out for now! I'll be back in and just have to suffer the higher cost.

Carry on gents, I'll be paying attention with great interest.

Fyi, Barry got back to me right away. Excellent communication.

#986 4 years ago

Yeah, and just saw someone else in that thread quit on TBL too but wasn't in this list anyway. Definitely looks like pre-order shenanigans cloud has shifted a bit over there. Technically, they have been on point with TBL.. so it is a shame it leaks over here.. and I wonder if BOP2.0 had gone as smooth as TBL if they would really be immune or not. I would say not as I think it's a general sentiment.

#987 4 years ago

I agree Tom...the "funny stuff" that is going on in the industry is seeping over with cold feet etc....kinda to be expected....The stove is still hot for many, and some just don't want to put their hands back on it....(rightfully so)...

Also, I don't think it would have been realistic to find that every single pre-order could or would make it to the end.

Best thing I have heard is the ones who have dropped out have not given up on DP or TBL...just waiting for it to be officially released. I take comfort in that.....the overall impression is positive for TBL, and the guys are not pulling out because they think the game will suck...

Post edited by burningman: I suck...I need to read my post before posting

#988 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Fyi, Barry got back to me right away. Excellent communication.

Huh, really? I wrote him a long email about why I was out and didn't hear shit back. Whatever, just saying it wasn't excellent communication on my end. I don't really care, no reason to complain if I'm out I guess.

And definitely put me on the list of people who don't think the game will suck. I think it's gonna be great. I'll be honest and say it's unlikely I'll buy it after the pre-order period, but we'll see. That's purely about money though. Gonna be $10k shipped in the end, and I can't justify that for a game. Just too much damn money for a toy.

I'll have to hope my friends who are crazier than me stay in. And if it's truly awesome I've talked myself into crazier shit before.

#989 4 years ago

Hope someone around me gets one. i can't wait for this game too bad my checks look like the one the dude writes

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Huh, really? I wrote him a long email about why I was out and didn't hear shit back. Whatever, just saying it wasn't excellent communication on my end. I don't really care, no reason to complain if I'm out I guess.

Well it wasn't anything elaborate, just to say they were going to start processing my refund and copied Jaap. That's about it.

There is so much going on in pinball right now that I just wanted to take a step back and try and figure out what I want my lineup to be. It was also really great to get my TWDLE a week or so after I paid for it and am loving it. What a novel concept, pay then play.

I know I'm gonna want the Lawlor pin and that should come out about the time this pin is due for final payment. I think that one is gonna be pay then play right away.

F it, I don't know what the heck I'm doing, just trying to figure it out.

The MG reveal will pretty much dictate a lot for me! And its even supposed to be on a rug.

#991 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The MG reveal will pretty much dictate a lot for me!

I hope that really happens and we're blown away, because it's been kind of nothing but heartbreak so far. I'd love to say "wow, I didn't see that coming" it's just hard to have your faith right now.

Quoted from iceman44:

What a novel concept, pay then play.

I have this even more insane idea: play, then pay. I'll say this for TBL. The prototypes might not have been done, but getting hands on time with them was super cool. No vaporware, just real machines, in a row, that you could touch and look at.

#992 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have this even more insane idea: play, then pay.

Even better!

Yep, I'm hoping for some xmas ooh's and ahh's from Santa Jpop

#993 4 years ago
Quoted from jonninemonic:

I'm in - just barely made it as a VIP .

Ok dudes, you are making this count hard to follow. Lots of ins and outs, whathaveyous....

Ice and Aurich are out and jonninemonic is in. Welcome to the achievers jonninemonic!

And you other dudes are welcome back at anytime, of course.

#994 4 years ago

Ok lets just say that TBL is the future of pinball; when they rolled it out at expo my jaw hit the ground; anybody that backed out will truly regret it. This game is the REAL DEAL

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Ok lets just say that TBL is the future of pinball; when they rolled it out at expo my jaw hit the ground; anybody that backed out will truly regret it. This game is the REAL DEAL

Totally the real deal. No question. I'm at peace with backing out, but it was great to meet you at the VIP party, and it was a hell of a night. Worth the ride just to have done that.

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I'm glad they didn't use some sort of invinsiglass in the prototypes, else this photo would not have turned out like this:
(C) Photo by Santiago Ciuffo, 2014

012b.jpg 120 KB

I wouldn't count on it. I think it would have looked pretty much the same. The glass works like shit for reducing glare from the stuff you actually give a shit about.

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Wow, I missed that.

What's the story there?

EDIT: GOTTA KEEP READING THE THREAD ROBBIE T!

#998 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Ok lets just say that TBL is the future of pinball; when they rolled it out at expo my jaw hit the ground; anybody that backed out will truly regret it.

Oh please. Why would anyone who backed out "truly regret it" when they can buy it later. You know, when it's actually available/shipping? Yeah, they might have to pay more, but it's worth it to many of us vs. buying in to another pre-order model and all the pitfalls/risks involved with going down that path.

I.e., see JPop, JJP, and SkitB threads.

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh please. Why would anyone who backed out "truly regret it" when they can buy it later. You know, when it's actually available/shipping? Yeah, they might have to pay more, but it's worth it to many of us vs. buying in to another pre-order model and all the pitfalls/risks involved with going down that path.
I.e., see JPop, JJP, and SkitB threads.

Exactly, except for Jpop you'll have to pay twice the price if you want it!

No limit on printing TBL and the unknown of "when". Doing that way too much lately for me.

Yes this pin looks PHENOMENAL and I'll have it at some point in 2015.

#1000 4 years ago

I would think the chrome, rug and lower price would be their only regrets

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 21.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
There are 1088 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside