(Topic ID: 77231)

The Big Lebowski Real (but unofficial) Preorder list!! 103 so far!

By RTR

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,088 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JimB
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ExchangeRate.png
HBC2.jpg
HBC.jpg
image-193.jpg
image-713.jpg
image.jpg
candle.JPG
$_57.JPG
012b.jpg
image-248.jpg
image-135.jpg
71eqbpQFxCL._SL1500_[1].jpg
image.jpg
celebration-time.jpg
image-277.jpg
image-39.jpg

There are 1088 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 22.
#51 5 years ago

I'm in. Placed deposit first day I could.

#52 5 years ago

- It all started with a rug

- you waited 69 days

- you wait another 100+ days

- hype gone....

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Freshie:

I'm in. Placed deposit first day I could.

Got you on the list, welcome dude!

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

- you waited 69 days
- hype gone....

Thanks for stopping by again plunge, you are a breath of fresh air as always.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Some thoughts...
Dots for Jet Bumpers: Dude getting head dunked in toilet over and over
Quick outlane drain/save: "You're entering a world of pain!"
TILT: "Yeah, well, you know that's just like... uh... your opinion man"

The best TILT tag was posted by someone else here: "Hey man careful, there is a beverage here".

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The best TILT tag was posted by someone else here: "Hey man careful, there is a beverage here".

Over the line!
Mark it zero dude!

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

- you waited 69 days
- hype gone....

Then darkness warshed over the Dude - darker'n a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie night.
There was no bottom.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

LOL. That is indeed a very awesome line. Damn near every line in that movie is great, though.

Maybe for a tilt warning: "They're gonna kill that poor woman, man!"

And maybe similarly to Cap'n Picard shutting Data up on STTNG when you hit the flipper buttons after a drain, Donny starts talking and then Walter says "Shut the F*** up, Donny".

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

when you hit the flipper buttons after a drain, Donny starts talking and then Walter says "Shut the F*** up, Donny".

If they can have Donnie talking about the In-n-Out during that it would be perfect!

#60 5 years ago

173 virtual preorders translated into 12 real ones? Hell of an attrition rate!
Guess some are waiting for more information before jumping in.

#61 5 years ago

I want to be on the list but there is no way in hell I am sending these guys money until the machine is complete and I can pick it up. Count me as I will for sure buy it the day it is released.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

173 virtual preorders translated into 12 real ones? Hell of an attrition rate!Guess some are waiting for more information before jumping in.

ahhhem...with Mr Ozno, it now makes 13.

obviously you are not a golfer

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

ahhhem...with Mr Ozno, it now makes 13.
obviously you are not a golfer

Ozno has been added now!

Quoted from jlm33:

I expect more after the April update. Not everyone has these types of conversations at home:

Me: Wow, someone is finally making The Big Lebowski pin!!
Mrs. RTR: cool, who?
Me: Someone we have have ever heard of in Europe.
Mrs. RTR: Well, you better get on the list!

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Not everyone has these types of conversations at home:
Me: Wow, someone is finally making The Big Lebowski pin!!
Mrs. RTR: cool, who?
Me: Someone we have have ever heard of in Europe.
Mrs. RTR: Well, you better get on the list!

Sounds like (unrealistic) Science-Fiction to me

#65 5 years ago

Woke the wife up this morning singing Tumbling Tumbleweed.....she just looked at me and said, "you can't get enough, can you?"

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Sounds like (unrealistic) Science-Fiction to me

Full disclosure - Mrs. RTR is a WOZLE owner....

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

For the price they are asking it better be over the top with a Donny manakin bowler for me to even think about dropping 9K+ on it.
I am amazed they even got 13 people to jump in with zero info, we don't know anything more about this game than we did back when it was a rumor that it would be made.
All that hype just to reveal nothing but the price was an epic marketing fail.
Are they going to like find these guys, anybody got any leads?
Leads?
We got 4 Pinsiders working on the case, they got us working in shifts.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I am amazed they even got 13 people to jump in with zero info, we don't know anything more about this game than we did back when it was a rumor that it would be made.
All that hype just to reveal nothing but the price was an epic marketing fail.

Dudeists tend to shun marketing and go with what feels right.

I can see it from your angle as well however. (much) Time will tell.

#69 5 years ago

leads!? LOL

but I'm in... what's wrong with supporting a dream? It's just money...

#70 5 years ago

Yeah, me too,
I've just done the deposit about 800€ per wire transfer to Dutch Pinball.

Bigmac
from little Luxembourg in Europe.

#71 5 years ago

Welcome dude! That makes 14 and at least 2 were from Europe!

Quoted from Bigmac:Yeah, me too,
I've just done the deposit about 800€ per wire transfer to Dutch Pinball.
Bigmac
from little Luxembourg in Europe.

#72 5 years ago

Doomed to fail with the stupid high price. 95% of us dropped out upon the crazy pricing. JJP and Stern are going to hard pressed to maintain their current pricing too. The bubble is deflating at a rapid pace. Seeing a LOT of sub 2K options in the used DMD pin market now where 6 months ago, there were practically none.

#73 5 years ago

Hard to believe you could make a pin out of this movie, it's pretty bad, and the broad appeal is way too low. how many pins do you think they have to sell to make a profit? I would think way more than 200, this is doomed to fail. They would be much better off doing the blues brothers or cheech and chong, where there is way more material to work with. I mean, jeff bridges, come on.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hard to believe you could make a pin out of this movie, it's pretty bad, and the broad appeal is way too low. how many pins do you think they have to sell to make a profit? I would think way more than 200, this is doomed to fail. They would be much better off doing the blues brothers or cheech and chong, where there is way more material to work with. I mean, jeff bridges, come on.

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

#75 5 years ago

Fair enough, but how many units do you need to make to turn a profit? My point is that there won't be anywhere near enough interest to make this viable. People start these ridiculous threads with their heads in the clouds.

#76 5 years ago

How many flippers should a big lebowski game have?

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Fair enough, but how many units do you need to make to turn a profit? My point is that there won't be anywhere near enough interest to make this viable. People start these ridiculous threads with their heads in the clouds.

You're out of your element man.

#78 5 years ago

Here's the way I see it:

1) The Dutch Pinball guys are unquestionably talented
2) Universal would not entrust the license to a team that could not do it justice
3) The deposits are fully refundable

Seems like a low-risk investment to me.

#79 5 years ago

Deposits are fully refundable? What do you think happens to a deposit when you send it?

What do you mean by investment?

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What do you think happens to a deposit when you send it?

Lock Box.

#81 5 years ago

Check

- Just for the record (you doubt'ers) -> DP confirmed over 100 pre-orders at the very beginning of Jan '14...

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It's beautiful up here in the clouds dude, try it sometime!

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Fair enough, but how many units do you need to make to turn a profit?

For giggles:

5 guys could pay themselves 150k each for the whole project. (None of them appear to have quit their day jobs yet.) Add in the licensing fee of 85k. At 500 machines sold, that would be about $1700 into each machine for design, licensing, software development, engineering, etc.

Leaves $6,800 per machine for parts, labor, shipping, and a profit margin. At 300 machines, it leaves about $5,800 per machine. They could sell 300 machines very easily.

DP says they have over 100 preorders already - on next to ZERO news besides licensing - so yeah I think this can work for sure.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Check
- Just for the record (you doubt'ers) -> DP confirmed over 100 pre-orders at the very beginning of Jan '14...

I had heard rumor that there were 100 pre-orders but seemed like that was just it, a rumor. Do we know this to be true? If so, I would think we are going to be hearing something soon as far as an update. DP knows they can't keep us in the dark for too long for fear that people may start pulling out. I would be very surprised that we would have to wait until April to get our next update

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Doomed to fail with the stupid high price. 95% of us dropped out upon the crazy pricing.

Well, after seeing what $4,995 will buy me NIB? I think not.
I feel that DP (as well as JJP) understand that there are some of us that would rather pay a higher price for a truly great game, rather than buying a $4995 special....

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I had heard rumor that there were 100 pre-orders but seemed like that was just it, a rumor. Do we know this to be true? If so, I would think we are going to be hearing something soon as far as an update. DP knows they can't keep us in the dark for too long for fear that people may start pulling out. I would be very surprised that we would have to wait until April to get our next update

I was quoting HENSBROOKER on the 100. I did not hear that directly from DP.

They have to come pretty strong on this next update for sure.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Check

HENSBROOKER - are you in on the preorder?

#88 5 years ago

I'll wait for spot #21 to come on your list... cause that's the number my TBL will have Dude!

#89 5 years ago

Well, if the next 6 people will reveal themselves, I will put you on at 21.

Sure would like to see more interest on this!

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

I'll wait for spot #21 to come on your list... cause that's the number my TBL will have Dude!

I read that as you are already in and you requested 21....

RTR...I think we are offically at 15

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Plenty of interest, I really want one but the price is simply too damn high.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

You'd like more interest, and a lot of us would like more information first.
Again, there is no incentive for most people to put down the $1,000 deposit, even if it is fully refundable.
That $1,000 might be refundable, but are there any guarantees that you can/will get your money back?
I am really interested in getting one, but there is absolutely no incentive for me personally to part with any money right now.
I don't know anything about the design or what they want to accomplish and I feel that their schedule for release is very unrealistic.
I am part of several pre-order pins, and none of them have come even remotely close to hitting proposed target dates for anything (besides taking my money).

So, some people are tired of the waiting game, some others may be turned off by price, and still others turned off by the lack of information and maybe others are waiting due to lack of incentives.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I read that as you are already in and you requested 21....
RTR...I think we are offically at 15

I agree - and HENSBROOKER makes 15!

Totally understand others sentiment on information. Hoping that will come soon.

#94 5 years ago

Hey, Hammacher is selling $35,000 custom whack a moles, TBLs for $8500 seem a little less extravagant.

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/11258?promo=search

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

You'd like more interest, and a lot of us would like more information first.

Something as simple as a list of call outs would be very helpful for those of us who are interested to get us off the fence. Maybe a peek at the layout. Will it have hand drawn art, or will it be heavily photoshopped? Just a little something here and there. A few videos showing a white wood. Something indicating progress.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Well, after seeing what $4,995 will buy me NIB?

If you're referring to Stern's Mustang priced at the Ford website, that is now offered for $ 6,800 including shipping. http://www.fordcollection.com/Product/1121442-00 Still the same game. Makes the gab to TBL already smaller.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

If you're referring to Stern's Mustang priced at the Ford website, that is now offered for $ 6,800 including shipping. http://www.fordcollection.com/Product/1121442-00 Still the same game. Makes the gab to TBL already smaller.

Thats exactly what I was referring to. But with the link it even makes the point more relivent. By their own words, DP wants to make an epic game. They didn't say they were going to build an entry level NIB pin at a low price.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I disagree. The $6800 quote was certainly a mis-print and has changed. I saw another quote of $4999 on another thread from FORD including shipping. Its not ready to order yet anyway until Mid Feb.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I disagree. The $6800 quote was certainly a mis-print and has changed. I saw another quote of $4999 on another thread from FORD including shipping.

Click on the link. It still says $ 6800. So what miss-print? The $ 4995 page has been taken down.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Click on the link. It still says $ 6800. So what miss-print? The $ 4995 page has been taken down.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-pinball-pics/page/11#post-1419074
Not meaning to quibble, but here is the new price. Stern can't change more than 5k for machines or OPS won't buy them. They are still a large part of their PRO business. Stern distributors will carry this for under 5k. Its early, you'll see distributor pricing in 2 weeks.

Back on topic. I am sure the DP guys will build a fantastic game. Very exciting times for pinball. Can't wait to hear more of TBL.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 3.70
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
There are 1088 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside