(Topic ID: 77231)

The Big Lebowski Real (but unofficial) Preorder list!! 103 so far!

By RTR

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,088 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JimB
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ExchangeRate.png
HBC2.jpg
HBC.jpg
image-193.jpg
image-713.jpg
image.jpg
candle.JPG
$_57.JPG
012b.jpg
image-248.jpg
image-135.jpg
71eqbpQFxCL._SL1500_[1].jpg
image.jpg
celebration-time.jpg
image-277.jpg
image-39.jpg
There are 1,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 22.
#751 9 years ago
Quoted from lost8ball:

Anyway, because the down payment is refundable I expect there were some that bit off more than they can chew and will cancel before shipment.

That's prob true but that may not help you.. They said in expo presentation they aren't playing the sell preorder spot games.. If they don't want it, they get their money back. New orders at back of line. Just in case you missed that is all.

#752 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

That's prob true but that may not help you.. They said in expo presentation they aren't playing the sell preorder spot games.. If they don't want it, they get their money back. New orders at back of line. Just in case you missed that is all.

I did miss that. I was out of town (and very busy) for a week and started catching up at the airport last night. That makes it very easy then.

#753 9 years ago

One last time for posterity here's what the preorder section of website used to say:

"Get the guaranteed preorder price and become a Dutch Pinball Very Important Pinhead™
When you preorder by October 19, you’ll automatically become a Very Important Pinhead™. You’ll get unprecedented, behind the scenes access to The Dutch Pinball Team as we develop TBL, and you’ll be one of the first to play The Big Lebowski Pinball™.

You'll be one of the first to play The Big Lebowski Pinball™.
You'll get a TRUE-SERIAL™ TBL.*
We'll donate $25 to The Dude's Charity, No Kid Hungry on your behalf .
You'll be the first to get exclusive inside information before it's released to the public via The New Shit Newsletter™ VIP Edition.
You can participate in special contests like our TBLfie Selfie Contest and win awesome prizes, such as a one-of-a-kind pre-production TBL playfield signed and given to you by The Dutch Pinball Team.
You'll get lots of cool swag like t-shirts, and...
You'll get behind the scenes photos, videos and Tours.
You’re invited to our Lebowski Launch Party in The Netherlands, and to our Penthouse VIP event at Pinball Expo in Chicago this October. (Just, be sure to wear your limited edition Dutch-Pinball T-Shirt.).
And of course, you'll get a custom woven, perfectly sized rug… it ties the whole room together.

* TRUE-SERIAL™ numbers are assigned in the order in which the machines are preordered and produced. As this is the ACTUAL number of the machine which comes out of production, we cannot tell you your number until we start building your pinball machine.

#754 9 years ago
Quoted from lost8ball:

I did miss that. I was out of town (and very busy) for a week and started catching up at the airport last night. That makes it very easy then.

Yeah I thought I could send you to Jared's video but looking at his ustream account now I can't find it oh well, yeah I'd wait and see what happens.

#755 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

And the price went just went up to $8995 for pre-orders and no rug. snooze ya looze.

Well DP loses too, because I don't preorder, and I'm sure as hell not paying $9k plus shipping and sales tax for a pin.

#756 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah I thought I could send you to Jared's video but looking at his ustream account now I can't find it oh well, yeah I'd wait and see what happens.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/54070739

#757 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well DP loses too, because I don't preorder, and I'm sure as hell not paying $9k plus shipping and sales tax for a pin.

I gave you a thumbs up although if it is the "best pin ever" I will pay the $9k plus. So, for me now it's a win-win. If they make any mistakes in design or have software issues I'm not in. If it turns out perfect then I can jump in ($500 extra for the "best pin ever" won't hurt me).

#758 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well DP loses too, because I don't preorder,

Maybe not....DP is building TBL. But DP is also building a Brand. If TBL is all that its expected, DP may become the new standard in High Line Pins.

In the next several years, some may be selling their TBL, to fund another (DP) purchase. You may be able to pick up a routed TBL for less than $9k. But I don't think this will be a reality for while.

Its still not a bad thing for DP. They prove themselves with TBL and that creates interest from existing customers as well as future customers for the next title.

#759 9 years ago

Yeah its a lot. I know why I'm in (dream theme).. I would say everyone who had pre ordered prior to the Netherland launch party is similar to me. I currently can't imagine ever doing this again. I said that after $6800 I think for XMLE.. But there was no lebowski.

People can pay another $5 off the new price and get the smaug edition hobbit if they want.

Luckily there's enough of these coming to california that it should be possible to play it yourself regardless of purchase.

#760 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

i live in canada but i believe you don't pay tax. if your nib sterns had sales tax then you will pay it, otherwise you don't.

#761 9 years ago

When the early Achievers went in on the first day, we bought into a sheet of paper, showing a pinball machine covered in a rug. We committed to what, a hand out and a promise?

Now guys can make a decision on buying the game after seeing, playing, and experiencing it.

I have to think this is very fair. We stuck our necks out, (well kinda, they did offer a full refund)...and DP rewarded us with a rug, t-shirt, chrome, and a lower price. I am cool with that.

#762 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

When the early Achievers went in on the first day, we bought into a sheet of paper, showing a pinball machine covered in a rug. We committed to what, a hand out and a promise?
Now guys can make a decision on buying the game after seeing, playing, and experiencing it.
I have to think this is very fair. We stuck our necks out, (well kinda, they did offer a full refund)...and DP rewarded us with a rug, t-shirt, chrome, and a lower price. I am cool with that.

I'm still waiting on my t-shirt

Does anyone have any idea when we'll find out our True-Serial numbers? It would be fun to know where we actually stand in line (and keep track of how the rest of us are moving up the line when the non-believers drop out )

#763 9 years ago

Yeah it might be a lot to keep the list updated as people drop off.. But I would love to hear how many preorders got in before the bell

#764 9 years ago

Anybody else pay at the booth and use their phone to pay? Got a reciept but still no order confirmation or anything yet via email? Just curious

#765 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure they won't tell you the serial number until your machine is ready for production. Because, at that point, if you decline, they'll move to the next person.

That's my understanding, and really the only way a "true-serial" could work.

#766 9 years ago

I used my phone to pay. I was buying during the seminar, as I knew others would be buying right afterwards. In my excitement, I actually ordered 3x, but was able to get that all sorted out. The default country was Algeria. Needless to say, my credit card was frozen after I tried to buy an $8500 pinball machine and ship it to Algeria.

#767 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm pretty sure they won't tell you the serial number until your machine is ready for production. Because, at that point, if you decline, they'll move to the next person.
That's my understanding, and really the only way a "true-serial" could work.

Good point, I guess we'll just have to wait.

#768 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I used my phone to pay. I was buying during the seminar, as I knew others would be buying right afterwards. In my excitement, I actually ordered 3x, but was able to get that all sorted out. The default country was Algeria. Needless to say, my credit card was frozen after I tried to buy an $8500 pinball machine and ship it to Algeria.

heh well i guess it's good to test them now and again

#769 9 years ago

So when do they send out shirts? Does anyone know? Also they didnt ask for a shirt size.

#770 9 years ago

I kept emailing Phil (2 or 3x) using the email they sent to confirm my order. I let them know my address and shirt size.

#771 9 years ago

You could email Phil or jaap. I imagine though they need to sort of catch their breath a bit and catch up on some things and then send out some New Shit Newsletters. Fair warning the T-shirt distribution has been haphazard. Thinking though that all the new orders are going to require them to get a bit better organized with the books anyway.

#772 9 years ago

Do we need to start a Real (but unofficial) T-Shirt Request thread?

#773 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

You could email Phil or jaap. I imagine though they need to sort of catch their breath a bit and catch up on some things and then send out some New Shit Newsletters. Fair warning the T-shirt distribution has been haphazard. Thinking though that all the new orders are going to require them to get a bit better organized with the books anyway.

Thats cool, Ill send them an email. Im still waiting on shirts from another preorder I made, I dont think they are coming though, that was 5 months ago.

#774 9 years ago

TBL is looking so good I was tempted to pre-order to lock in the price and get the extra goodies even though it's not a dream theme to me. Congrats to those that took the plunge.

Post edited by Jvspin: Since this is a pre-order list post, I thought posting my reasons for not pre-ordering inappropriate.

#775 9 years ago

I ordered off their web site on Satuday morning and had an email confirmation and order number within 30 min. I would like my shirt to be XL but I didn't see anywhere to specify.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#776 9 years ago

Yeha that is what happened to my one friend too but did not get any confirmation; other then my one eamil I got probably because I ordered from Phil's phone maybe

#777 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I agree. Pre-orders should get more. And, you likely will still have your necks stuck out for another year or more.

#778 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I ordered off their web site on Satuday morning and had an email confirmation and order number within 30 min. I would like my shirt to be XL but I didn't see anywhere to specify.

They have been less than stellar in delivering the t-shirts, I have "almost gotten" mine 3 times now with Phil telling me it was on it's way after the screw ups of not receiving it and still nothing. I have given up, if this is the biggest thing they screw up through this process then I am one happy camper, just a shirtless happy camper I guess.

#779 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i live in canada but i believe you don't pay tax. if your nib sterns had sales tax then you will pay it, otherwise you don't.

Legally, in the U.S., if you live in a state that has sales tax, you are required to pay "use tax" on the purchase of a pin, even if you purchase it from out of state.

The vast majority of people don't pay the tax voluntarily like they are supposed to. But a lot of local tax agencies have got smart, and they require copies of shipping documents to be sent to them. They then contact the person on those shipping docs to request a copy of the invoice and ask when they can expect to receive payment of the Use Tax.

I was originally contacted via email about a NIB Stern that I bought. When I didn't respond within 3 days, they called me on my cell phone! They got the info off the shipping docs.

The same thing has happened to Rarehero in terms of being contacted by the local tax collector, asking for payment of the use tax.

So yeah, I gotta pay tax. $750.00 in my case, on top of shipping and the $9k price of the pin.

#780 9 years ago

Anyone holding out hope for custom callouts from any of the actors?

#781 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What do you mean custom callouts? Lines that were not actually said in the movie?

#782 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

What do you mean custom callouts? Lines that were not actually said in the movie?

Custom callouts pertaining to pinball "jackpot!" "multiball!"

#783 9 years ago

I am a bit torn on that.. the movie is so perfect, quotes plentiful. nothing good happens to these characters. . so a callouts like "Jackpot!" breaks character a bit.

#784 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Custom callouts pertaining to pinball "jackpot!" "multiball!"

Yeah, what he said.

#785 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I am a bit torn on that.. the movie is so perfect, quotes plentiful. nothing good happens to these characters. . so a callouts like "Jackpot!" breaks character a bit.

With you on that.

I would rather not have the traditional callouts and such, and I'm not holding my breathe that there will be any, either.

#786 9 years ago

I would love some Sam Elliott pinball narration. Maybe in attract mode or at game start.

Quoted from zucot:

#787 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So yeah, I gotta pay tax. $750.00 in my case, on top of shipping and the $9k price of the pin.

wow, thanks for sharing.

#788 9 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

I would love some Sam Elliott pinball narration. Maybe in attract mode or at game start.

Yeah if they use the Sam Elliot sound-alike voice actor from the original promotional video to narrate a couple things, that's fine. He's the only one where it is appropriate to break "the third wall" so to speak

#789 9 years ago

I just dropped in,To see what Condition my Condition was in.

#790 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg
#791 9 years ago

Heard a conversation regarding various call outs to the game. A suggestion about The Stranger seemed to get good vibes from the people hanging in the conversation...but you never know.

#792 9 years ago
Quoted from lost8ball:

And, you likely will still have your necks stuck out for another year or more.

I'll take that bet...

#793 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I was originally contacted via email about a NIB Stern that I bought. When I didn't respond within 3 days, they called me on my cell phone! They got the info off the shipping docs.

The same thing has happened to Rarehero in terms of being contacted by the local tax collector, asking for payment of the use tax.

It's just a California thing Rob, as if the Cali state income tax isn't enough, a F ing self reporting "use tax" that is actually being audited. WOW is all i can say, I feel sorry for you guys!

#794 9 years ago

I'm gonna watch the Dude tonight again, its been awhile. After Sons of Anarchy of course!

#795 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure Rob is right on for every state. You're responsible to pay your resident state sales tax on goods purchased online.

My wife's the CPA, I'll ask her later for clarity. I know it's required in WI, but will confirm on other states.

#796 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't preorder, and I'm sure as hell not paying $9k plus shipping and sales tax for a pin.

Me neither. And this pin is as good as it gets as far as I'm concerned. Maybe, just maybe and announcement of Elvira number 3 could get me to do it. At the very least I'd be on the fence for quite a while.

#797 9 years ago

image-162.jpgimage-162.jpg
image-813.jpgimage-813.jpg
All Jungled out!,As JB put it.All the dancing girls in the movie were told by JB's wife that he was going to take pictures when he floated under them.So all the girls stuffed hair in their panties!.This is in the Extras on the Blu ray.Classic

#798 9 years ago

Re: tax

I typically don't deal with sales tax, but from what I do know, you are supposed to pay state sales tax on anything you buy, whether online or out of state, that you didn't pay sales tax on. So if it is shipped to you and no sales tax was paid, then you report it on your income tax return to pay sales tax as a reduction to your refund. For out of state purchases where you did pay sales tax, then you don't have to pay sales tax (states won't "double dip"), but if you didn't pay sales tax, they want you to pay them.

So, if you pick it up and the seller charges you sales tax, then you are fine. But if you don't pay sales tax, it is my understanding you would still pay your state's sales tax on it. You wouldn't have to figure out a way to pay sales tax to the other state on your own. I believe most states follow the same suit.

#799 9 years ago

Yeah, and some states (mine) pursues getting those taxes more than others. What I am wondering is, given the payment plan spread out over 2014 and 2015.. is it likely to trigger the tax man noticing (i.e., spread out $1500 payments vs a single $9k payment). I guess I don't understand how CA learns of the transaction.. who's selling me out?

I do know PayPal has the option to provide your SSN number to them... no way in hell am I giving them that

#800 9 years ago

Dudes - was on an overnight hike in the Smokys with the wife. Lots of posts I missed, but looks like no new orders to post, if I am wrong, let me know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-real-preorder-list/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.