(Topic ID: 77231)

The Big Lebowski Real (but unofficial) Preorder list!! 103 so far!

By RTR

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,088 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JimB
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ExchangeRate.png
HBC2.jpg
HBC.jpg
image-193.jpg
image-713.jpg
image.jpg
candle.JPG
$_57.JPG
012b.jpg
image-248.jpg
image-135.jpg
71eqbpQFxCL._SL1500_[1].jpg
image.jpg
celebration-time.jpg
image-277.jpg
image-39.jpg
There are 1,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 22.
#701 9 years ago

Since I missed the VIP party, we need to have our own TBL pin side party for everybody going to Dallas. White russians on me!

#87, I love it, anybody know what the total total is?

#702 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Happy for all you rug owners, best of luck on your ride!
Either I kicked my pin crack habit or I have willpower to fight off a gorgeous high quality pin.

"WILL" Power

#703 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Since I missed the VIP party, we need to have our own TBL pin side party for everybody going to Dallas. White russians on me!
#87, I love it, anybody know what the total total is?

nah I think they're keeping that close to their chests.

Did anyone find out if they are taking it to future pin shows? I've never been too interested in Expo, but this one I wish I had attended. If they're taking TBL to more shows I'd like to be there

Post edited by Erik: p.s. congrats Iceman but yeah we all knew you'd join us

#704 9 years ago

I wonder when the cut off is for ordering and getting the early adopter goodies? It's today, but what time? It's 6pm here, but I doubt they're going by West Coast time.

#705 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I wonder when the cut off is for ordering and getting the early adopter goodies? It's today, but what time? It's 6pm here, but I doubt they're going by West Coast time.

Funny guy!

#706 9 years ago

i thought it was euro time? 9 hours ahead pacific time is what i use to call my oma there.

#707 9 years ago

Most likely 12:00 am EST

#709 9 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Fuc it! Just paid.

Welcome dude!

#710 9 years ago

Right before expo there was just about 50 preorders from pinsiders. Since expo began, they've added 38.

To put it another way, it took nine months for this thread to get to 50. It took three days for it to increase by over 75% up to 88 since. That's impressive.

#711 9 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Fuc it! Just paid.

You are on the list duderino.

#712 9 years ago

Can tell that I know of at least 3 people in NL who are not on pinside list and Have ordered

Also I learned today that Modern Pinball in NY ordered one as they kept getting customers asking when they could play TBL

#713 9 years ago

K dudes, just got in before midnight PST, if DP will consider me VIP to get the goodies then I'll stick with the preorder.

#714 9 years ago

Dudes,Add me to the List!.After watching video and reading pinside peeps opinions.Paid!

#715 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Can tell that I know of at least 3 people in NL who are not on pinside list and Have ordered
Also I learned today that Modern Pinball in NY ordered one as they kept getting customers asking when they could play TBL

Quoted from BillE:

K dudes, just got in before midnight PST, if DP will consider me VIP to get the goodies then I'll stick with the preorder.

Quoted from Pinzzz:

Dudes,Add me to the List!.After watching video and reading pinside peeps opinions.Paid!

You dudes are all on the list, welcome.

Rensh - I counted your achievers in NL as well as Modern - thanks for the info!

#716 9 years ago

I wish there was a way to put $1 or $2.5K down and get caught up later... would love to get in on this game but am so tied up with other stuff (maybe cancelling THLE?)...

#717 9 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

I wish there was a way to put $1 or $2.5K down and get caught up later... would love to get in on this game but am so tied up with other stuff (maybe cancelling THLE?)...

TH is sinking like it hit an iceberg. I bet Jabba Jack is bleeding out this AM due to cancelled orders. Join the rebel alliance and drop the hobbling Hobbit.

#718 9 years ago
Quoted from BillE:

Send Phil an email, I'm sure it can be sorted out. Better to ask now though then wait.

#719 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

TH is sinking like it hit an iceberg. I bet Jabba Jack is bleeding out this AM due to cancelled orders.

Not cool. I am not implying it is not a good idea. TBL seems better. It's just the way you write it. JJP has released a magnificent first game (although imperfect) and he does not deserve this.

You may still edit your post... I'll remove the quote !

#720 9 years ago

Guys...this is my first post from getting back from Expo....and still haven't had a chance to read through all of this thread, (as well as all the others) but let me tell you this.

Don't hesitate, don't pause........Order this F*cking Game! Now!

And to quote another one of my other favorite moves..."Sell the House, sell the kids"

#721 9 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

send Phil and e-mail...

#722 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Not cool. I am not implying it is not a good idea. TBL seems better. It's just the way you write it. JJP has released a magnificent first game (although imperfect) and he does not deserve this.
You may still edit your post... I'll remove the quote !

Looks like Jack posted some promising feedback in trying to right some wrongs regarding the TH. Sorry if my strong language offended you. I was being a smartass on purpose. A lot of us are sick of being treated like disposable diapers. Expo was the best ever according to some and now we have a dozen or so choices out there. The bar was finally lifted out of a friend of a friends basement this weekend. 10 ft hight jump is what DP set. I want to see all the other comp fly over that mark too so that all of our gamerooms will be filled with awesome new titles with 21 century tech.

#723 9 years ago

So Is the preorder closed now or if you order today do you just not get the Chrome trim, Rug & True serial # game?

#724 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

The bar was finally lifted out of a friend of a friends basement this weekend.

What does this mean?

#725 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So Is the preorder closed now or if you order today do you just not get the Chrome trim, Rug & True serial # game?

You just dont get the extras

#726 9 years ago

Meaning the bar was in the cellar before. Friend of a friend is a snarky way to poke fun at SkitB and the 2 man Crew. No manufacturing plant to crank out 250 pins in a timely manner. Someone on PS wrote about Pred being put together in his basement. I am sure that is not accurate. Riot Pinball teamed up with Spooky to help get games out ASAP. This leads to the whole issue of money being sucked away into a blackhole due to preorder policies. Anyway I am happy to see that ppl are saying enough is enough... we want games, but not 1/3 or 1/2 of a decade later. I hope others will emulate DP in some form or another.

#727 9 years ago

And the price went just went up to $8995 for pre-orders and no rug. snooze ya looze.

#728 9 years ago

Saw that coming

#729 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

And the price went just went up to $8995 for pre-orders and no rug. snooze ya looze.

Wow - I really do feel like an achiever now!

#730 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Meaning the bar was in the cellar before. Friend of a friend is a snarky way to poke fun at SkitB and the 2 man Crew. No manufacturing plant to crank out 250 pins in a timely manner. Someone on PS wrote about Pred being put together in his basement. I am sure that is not accurate. Riot Pinball teamed up with Spooky to help get games out ASAP. This leads to the whole issue of money being sucked away into a blackhole due to preorder policies. Anyway I am happy to see that ppl are saying enough is enough... we want games, but not 1/3 or 1/2 of a decade later. I hope others will emulate DP in some form or another.

I figured thats where you were going with that and the snarky comments toward all manufacturers not named dutch pinball is getting old. If youre not in on predator, hobbit or any other machine then wth do you care? Skit-b wanted to make an affordable pin for the players, Kevin has accomplished that and also only asked for a $250 deposit until june I believe of this year when he asked for $3k down so hes only had a little more than half of customers money for about 5 months. The rest of the money is due when your game is being produced. Im in on TBL also but the games greatness can speak for itself, it doesnt need customers bringing down other manufacturers to sell it.

As much as Im not a fan of preorders its ultimately us customers fault for buying into them and why thats become the new norm. I think its disrespectful and adds nothing for you constantly bashing all things not DP. More manufacturers are better than only one for the hobby to stay afloat. That's like my opinion.. Man

#731 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Riot Pinball teamed up with Spooky to help get games out ASAP.

It won't be very fast pace, unless spooky changes gears, but from what I heard people buying AMH are very happy with their pin. So I think it is a wise move regarding Wooly. And we know Spooky is for real.

#732 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I figured thats where you were going with that and the snarky comments toward all manufacturers not named dutch pinball is getting old. If youre not in on Predator, hobbit or any other machine then wth do you care? Skit-b wanted to make an affordable pin for the players, Kevin has accomplished that and also only asked for a $250 deposit until june I believe of this year when he asked for $3k down so hes only had a little more than half of customers money for about 5 months. The rest of the money is due when your game is being produced. Im in on TBL also but the games greatness can speak for itself, it doesnt need customers bringing down other manufacturers to sell it.
As much as Im not a fan of preorders its ultimately us customers fault for buying into them and why thats become the new norm. I think its disrespectful and adds nothing for you constantly bashing all things not DP. More manufacturers are better than only one for the hobby to stay afloat. That's like my opinion.. Man

I agree... so I will say this, the tide is turning and all boats will be lifted. Which in the end benefits all of us end users. Expo turned out to be a catalyst. To be honest I am interested in Riot and Heighway. I mentioned in my first rant that I have no loyalty to DP or anyone. the only thing I care about is superior products and excellent customer service. I was trying to get under the skin of the old guard. Sorry if I got under yours it was never meant to be taken personally by fellow Pinsiders.

Here is a great C2C podcast.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-116-echoes-from-expo-part-1-or-big-juicy-lebowski_29075

#733 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

I agree... so I will say this, the tide is turning and all boats will be lifted. Which in the end benefits all of us end users. Expo turned out to be a catalyst. To be honest I am interested in Riot and Heighway. I mentioned in my first rant that I have no loyalty to DP or anyone. the only thing I care about is superior products and excellent customer service. I was trying to get under the skin of the old guard. Sorry if I got under yours it was never meant to be taken personally by fellow Pinsiders.
Here is a great C2C podcast.
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-116-echoes-from-expo-part-1-or-big-juicy-lebowski_29075

No offense taken, I was a little bit annoyed about the Skit-B bashing because I feel Kevin's heart is in the right place and he wanted to build a machine that didnt break the bank and he's not making a profit off of it, that sounds like a good guy to me. My biggest reservation about TBL is the price, still cant believe im paying this much for a machine and these guys have a preorder also and still have much to prove to me that they are legit. They have built a beautiful prototype and are headed in the right direction, lets wait and see how they handle working with vendors and fabricating thousands of toys and parts, also building machines with solid code and getting them out in a timely fashion before we crown their ass.

#734 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

No offense taken, I was a little bit annoyed about the Skit-B bashing because I feel Kevin's heart is in the right place and he wanted to build a machine that didnt break the bank and he's not making a profit off of it, that sounds like a good guy to me. My biggest reservation about TBL is the price, still cant believe im paying this much for a machine and these guys have a preorder also and still have much to prove to me that they are legit. They have built a beautiful prototype and are headed in the right direction, lets wait and see how they handle working with vendors and fabricating thousands of toys and parts, also building machines with solid code and getting them out in a timely fashion before we crown their ass.

I hope for once that past performance w/ DP means positive future returns in our case. I am still sour regarding my XMLE purchase. JJ and the Stern customer service folks however are 1st class based on personal experience. So I did go overboard with excitement when the DP presentation, VIP party and feedback all exceeded my wildest expectations. I am happy that the RAZA/MG folks are banding together and trying to get some answers after 3 yrs from John.

#735 9 years ago

edit: double post.

#736 9 years ago

I'm sorry but does this leave a bad taste in anyone else's mouth who was on the fence about pre ordering but hasn't done so yet? For the non wealthy on here it's hard enough to justify 8.5k on a toy, I would be turned off if I convinced myself to spend my hard earned cash on this pin and they basically go "umm no no no, the price is now 9k....and your now getting less". To me no different if someone was selling there used B/W and when you go ok I'll take it they then proceed to up the price $500. You may not see it that way and thats fine but that's how it comes across me. 8.5k was a fricken ton of money to me. And yes I was debating on making a big purchase which would be my only new pin for the year (was most likely gonna be the hobbit until the reveal) but at 9k theres no way I can justify TBL to myself.

#737 9 years ago
Quoted from TravisRT1985:

I'm sorry but does this leave a bad taste in anyone else's mouth who was on the fence about pre ordering but hasn't done so yet? For the non wealthy on here it's hard enough to justify 8.5k on a toy, I would be turned off if I convinced myself to spend my hard earned cash on this pin and they basically go "umm no no no, the price is now 9k....and your now getting less". To me no different if someone was selling there used B/W and when you go ok Ill take it they then proceed to up the price $500. You may not see it that way and thats fine but that's how it comes across me. 8.5k was a fricken ton of money to me. And yes I was debating on making a big purchase which would be my only new pin for the year but at 9k theres no way I can justify TBL to myself.

Not really a surprise...
It was discussed heavily on the threads that the timer was ticking...
I actually think it's a pretty awesome reward for people who took a chance on them and them showing their gratitude. From expo 2013 DP has oozed style and class

#738 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Not really a surprise...It was discussed heavily on the threads that the timer was ticking...I actually think it's a pretty awesome reward for people who took a chance on them and them showing their gratitude. From expo 2013 DP has oozed style and class

yeah, there is def two 2 ways to look at it. I just get this feeling I'm now over paying for the game by $500 if I jump in and it was already a very expensive game to me. I think it's great that early pre orders get extras thrown in like the rug and chrome upgrade, thats a great Idea and I have no problem with that but upping the price all of a sudden? I guess it just rubs me the wrong way.

#739 9 years ago

Might as well wait now

I liked the fact that I got in almost one year ago and the deposit was $1000 and $1500 every three months after…
I'm good at planning for that and feel its harder to pay all or half at once.

#740 9 years ago

It is precedented that the price goes up after a date (JJP). They had it on their website you had to order by Sunday to get guaranteed preorder price and rug. So , seems fine.. Day 1 orderers like myself and others got in when there were zero incentives to pre order (no rug, unlimited run of games, etc), but a nice payment plan ($1500 a quarter) that was doable.

Yes at this point I can't see a reason why people would preorder since can wait till they are shipping now... Unless it was a dream theme and you just found out about it.

This strategy probably let them get a somewhat stable # of games to build between now and April. So they can start inventorying parts etc now.. With more of a trickle of orders coming in until they ship?

#741 9 years ago

yeah, there is def two 2 ways to look at it. I just get this feeling I'm now over paying for the game by $500 if I jump in and it was already a very expensive game to me. I think it's great that early pre orders get extras thrown in like the rug and chrome upgrade, thats a great Idea and I have no problem with that but upping the price all of a sudden? I guess it just rubs me the wrong way.

I hear you though I got a WOZ right after the 6500-7500 increase or whatever it was.
Just kind of how the game works.

#742 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I hear you though I got a WOZ right after the 6500-7500 increase or whatever it was.
Just kind of how the game works.

With WOZ they told you the price would increase on a certain date. There was no mystery there.

#743 9 years ago

I don't think there will be any time soon when you can call the local distributor and they have 5-10 TBL's sitting in the back ready to ship tomorrow. You may find one or two buy it now's on E-bay but don't expect to cost you $9k.

These guys are doing exactly as Tom mentions above...with the preorders that came in prior to the cut off, now they know how many pieces and parts to have delivered in order to get the early achievers done. My understanding is those who order today are looking at Q3 2015. As more orders come in, the production date gets moved back. Wait until after the Holidays and now you might see your game produced Q4 15'. Wait till they are shipping the first games out...you could be looking at Q1-2 16'

I also think that with the reception they got at Expo, they are pulling out all the stops. Its a curse sometimes to have this type of early positive vibes from the customers. I know they wanted to produce the best game possible, but they now are aware that we EXPECT them to do so. The price increase is the price increase. If this means they have the assets to put even more developement into the game I applaude their decision.

This game will be held under a microscope when it is complete. I think Dutch Pinball wants to produce a game where they can hand the microscope to the inspectors (customers)...

#744 9 years ago
Quoted from lost8ball:

With WOZ they told you the price would increase on a certain date. There was no mystery there.

yeah...thats called hype..."Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!"

#745 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

It is precedented that the price goes up after a date (JJP). They had it on their website you had to order by Sunday to get guaranteed preorder price and rug. So , seems fine.. Day 1 orderers like myself and others got in when there were zero incentives to pre order (no rug, unlimited run of games, etc), but a nice payment plan ($1500 a quarter) that was doable.
Yes at this point I can't see a reason why people would preorder since can wait till they are shipping now... Unless it was a dream theme and you just found out about it.
This strategy probably let them get a somewhat stable # of games to build between now and April. So they can start inventorying parts etc now.. With more of a trickle of orders coming in until they ship?

I saw the requirement to pre-order by Sunday, but no mention of any potential price changes or such.

I even sent an email to Phil a couple of weeks ago trying to clarify the advantages of pre-order. It seemed like getting the pin sooner and getting the rug were the main advantages. There was mention of a T-shirt and receiving advance notifications as well. I didn't receive a reply to my email.

#746 9 years ago

Fuck it dude I'll just wait for STAR WARS. $500 bucks extra is a kick in the nabs.

#747 9 years ago

They had phrasing on their website that said "guaranteed preorder price" was one of the benefits of preorder. We were talking about that statement on various threads as well about that implying a price hike. So no, it wasn't in bold but it was there. If I were you I'd wait and see, follow the threads and see how it goes. And start saving. Or wait for a huo one later?

#748 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

They had phrasing on their website that said "guaranteed preorder price" was one of the benefits of preorder. We were talking about that statement on various threads as well about that implying a price hike. So no, it wasn't in bold but it was there. If I were you I'd wait and see, follow the threads and see how it goes. And start saving. Or wait for a huo one later?

I missed that.

Anyway, because the down payment is refundable I expect there were some that bit off more than they can chew and will cancel before shipment. Also, until you see a finished version with software that ties it all together we really don't know how good TBL will be. Overall, I'm not concerned - if they knock it out of the park I'll get one and if it sucks I won't (although now that I'm not in on the pre-order they REALLY have to knock it out). I'm probably more peeved at myself - I told my wife about it and she said "just go ahead and order it" and I said "nah, I'll wait to see it when it's finished".

#749 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Fuck it dude I'll just wait for Star Wars. $500 bucks extra is a kick in the nabs.

I'm sure Star Wars will be priced much lower for you, enjoy the wait.

It's not like this is recent news, it's been out there forever with an offer to refund at anytime, anyone that wants to complain after the fact, not much ground to stand on unfortunately. Mark it zero!

#750 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

It's not like this is recent news, it's been out there forever

You have better sources than I do. I was looking at their web site and going by the F.A.Q. page.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-real-preorder-list/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.