(Topic ID: 77231)

The Big Lebowski Real (but unofficial) Preorder list!! 103 so far!

By RTR

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,088 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JimB
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ExchangeRate.png
HBC2.jpg
HBC.jpg
image-193.jpg
image-713.jpg
image.jpg
candle.JPG
$_57.JPG
012b.jpg
image-248.jpg
image-135.jpg
71eqbpQFxCL._SL1500_[1].jpg
image.jpg
celebration-time.jpg
image-277.jpg
image-39.jpg

There are 1,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 22.
#601 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I won't be crossing the line again, I'm in happy happy mode, but yes, I'm a 16 oz er or two away from doing the pre order! Like you said Erik, F it!

I would recommend it. Just think about how many other decisions in life you've made that have probably been much worse. (At least that was the "logic" I used on myself)

Post edited by sammiesguys: logic definitely needed to be in quotes

#603 9 years ago

Interesting choice in ballast points curry flavored beer. I like it, but not for everyone. . I couldn't watch all of it though.

#604 9 years ago

Well...I wanted a TBL pinball machine. They can get me a TBL pinball machine, believe me. There are ways, Dudes. $8,500 ways. My wife don't wanna know about it, believe me.

Mark it 75. Or, considering the rate at which pinsiders' willpower is crumbling, 127.

#605 9 years ago

I don't understand how we can get a "discount" due to the exchange rate when this whole thing seems to be going via Chigago (based on what I see on their website). If indeed we do this would be especially tempting to jump on right now.

Can some our experts in overseas financial experience here clarify this?

But on the other hand, I thought most credit card companies are now charging a premium on top of the cost for international transactions.

I could write them a check, but have no idea if it would qualify. And that would eliminate me from the free rug time frame anyway.

#606 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I would recommend it. Just think about how many other decisions in life you've made that have probably been much worse. (At least that was the "logic" I used on myself)
Post edited by sammiesguys: logic definitely needed to be in quotes

I think someone wrote "if loving TBL was wrong then I don't wanna be right"

#607 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

F it, I'm listening to the C2C TBL podcast blow job and I feel like taking the plunge!!!!
Holy crap….
Even C2C thinks the skittles effect and the inserts and GI looks great!
Is he getting a commission for selling this? Hehe "Home run"
Well, I'm thinking on dropping TH and TWD LE (although probably not that one)

IceDude your gunna miss out on the chrome trim and the rug if you don't pull the trigger!

#608 9 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I don't understand how we can get a "discount" due to the exchange rate when this whole thing seems to be going via Chigago (based on what I see on their website). If indeed we do this would be especially tempting to jump on right now.
Can some our experts in overseas financial experience here clarify this?

I raised this a while back with the dollar kicking the Euro's ass these days.

Nope, buying from Chicago, no currency issues, it's on them…….and right now they get the benefit of exporting in

#609 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

IceDude your gunna miss out on the chrome trim and the rug if you don't pull the trigger!

WTF, not you too Concrete! I'm very weak minded and I'm starting to lose control!

#610 9 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

Well...I wanted a TBL pinball machine. They can get me a TBL pinball machine, believe me. There are ways, Dudes. $8,500 ways. My wife don't wanna know about it, believe me.
Mark it 75. Or, considering the rate at which pinsiders' willpower is crumbling, 127.

75 Dude!!

So someone is having a good Expo. (hint - they are Dutch)

#611 9 years ago

Please someone give Jersey and Gary a white Russian stat! It will help to dull the pain of bleeding out a ton of $ and € due to cancelled orders.

#612 9 years ago

Man, you SOBs are tempting me to get on board! Probably shouldn't cause I'm already in on Hobbit.

Questions for the Expo attendees-

Does anyone think Hobbit is even in the same ballpark of TBL? Even if we assume Hobbit has several more toys, features, and surprises we haven't seen yet?

Would I be the biggest moron on the planet to keep my Hobbit order over switching to TBL?

#613 9 years ago

I'm sitting in the man cave right now, check pin side a little and then hit Ac/dc and have the pinball gods talk to me!

With my modified Springsteen tracks on Ac/dc I'm thinking we were "Born to Run", "we gotta get out while we are young, you know, tramps like us, baby we were born to run"!

What are the pin gods telling me!

Gonna cue up Boston's "Don't look Back" and see if it speaks to me re TH and moving to TBL

See you in another tall boy

#614 9 years ago

lol can't wait! Btw iceman, David Robinson's boy has two TDs for Notre Dame

#615 9 years ago

NorCal,
I went to buy hobbit with zero plans for TBL. I bought TBL. It's not even close! Both Gary and Jack came over several times to see why the lines were deep and wide all around TBL and only a few at their booths.

#616 9 years ago

Ice - You've given Jpop money for 3 games that don't exist....why wouldn't you order a game that a bunch of us have now TOUCHED and FLIPPED for realsies!!!!! There's a no bull-shit refund policy if you change your mind! I feel bad for saying it...but Hobbit is just terrible. I mean, you tell me - from what you seen - do you like the layout, art, and toys? I've played it...but maybe you see something you like. Mnpinball was impressed...but of all the dudes I've talked to at Expo over the past few days, he's the only one lol

#617 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Man, you SOBs are tempting me to get on board!
Would I be the biggest moron on the planet to keep my Hobbit order over switching to TBL?

Follow your instincts young Jedi. Let go of your concious self. And push on the PayPal button till it goes click. Jabba Jack won't hurt you anymore.

#618 9 years ago

Just got another sign from the pin gods! Yes I have "We will rock you" from Queen instead of War Machine…..it started up first

I felt like DP should have cued this up when they walked out and started throwing F bombs all over the place! Come guys, get some real moxie going here…...

Telling Stern, "you got mud on your face, your a big disgrace, I'm gonna kick your ass all over the place"…..

I 'm feeling it right now, cue up the Queen….

Thrilled for the Admiral Erik, one of the most humble, generous and well respected athletes ever imo!

#619 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ice - You've given Jpop money for 3 games that don't exist....why wouldn't you order a game that a bunch of us have now TOUCHED and FLIPPED for realsies!!!!! There's a no bull-shit refund policy if you change your mind! I feel bad for saying it...but Hobbit is just terrible. I mean, you tell me - from what you seen - do you like the layout, art, and toys? I've played it...but maybe you see something you like. Mnpinball was impressed...but of all the dudes I've talked to at Expo over the past few days, he's the only one lol

I appreciate what you guys say, and I thought I was out anyhow before expo then got excited again but I'm going with the consensus and you guys!

I'm a pre order support guy, maybe one of the worst idiots on pin side like with Jpop! I have to give in, I'm a theme lover with TBL and a bowling Dude. (yes i have a 300 and 299 )

#620 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WTF, not you too Concrete! I'm very weak minded and I'm starting to lose control!

I caved Ice

#621 9 years ago

Thanks for counting me in RTR.

My only concern is the character artwork (graphics) in the middle of the playfield. IMO, these look a little hokey like Stern artwork. Don't get me wrong, still better than Stern's cheesy graphics (LOTR), but I would love to see illustrated character artwork vs. photography. I hope they'll update this before production.

Again, just my personal opinion.

tblpin.jpgtblpin.jpg
(Photo credit: kotaku.com)

#622 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I appreciate what you guys say, and I thought I was out anyhow before expo then got excited again but I'm going with the consensus and you guys!
I'm a pre order support guy, maybe one of the worst idiots on pin side like with Jpop! I have to give in, I'm a theme lover with TBL and a bowling Dude. (yes i have a 300 and 299 )

Does this make you #76?

#623 9 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

But on the other hand, I thought most credit card companies are now charging a premium on top of the cost for international transactions.

You might want to check with your credit card company. I saw nothing on the payment website to indicate there would be any extra fees when I paid my deposit. (I also know my credit cards don't charge international fees)

#624 9 years ago

Fuck it, I'm in.

#625 9 years ago

for USA anyway you use paypal to Dutch Pinball USA .. so it goes to an american account, so no currency or international fees or anything.

Looking at conversion rates, just out of curiosity.

USD to EUR exchange rate on Dec 27th when i put my deposit down was $1:0.73 EUR or $8500 to 6206 EUR

Today it is 0.78 euro's.. so $8500 to 6,661 EUR

So, they are making a bit more than they had planned (maybe that's what's paying for the chrome since that was just announced ) ; but it's all a gamble.. it was flat/down it looks like most of the year

currency.pngcurrency.png
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#626 9 years ago

Is there any official literature available on what you get with the order by 10/19 "VIP" perks? No mention of this on their website. I did not attend Expo.

#627 9 years ago

it's there, it's at the bottom of this (summary: the rug at this point)
http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/game

Plus the chrome which they announced there

#628 9 years ago

It's not on the preorder page, but it's on the game page: http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/game

edit, beat me by 32 seconds lol

#629 9 years ago

I'm in Dudes!

#630 9 years ago

It keeps getting better and better it's gonna have a real knocker!!!!

#631 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

It keeps getting better and better it's gonna have a real knocker!!!!

2 of them under Maude's bra.

#632 9 years ago

Thanks, dudes! I am very close to pulling the trigger. Made up my mind that TBL>Hobbit. Now just need to decide if chrome trim, t shirt & rug is worth tying up and possibly risking $8500 for the next 6-12 months. Plus, I'm keen to avoid a SkitB/Jpop situation where years go by and they just can't get a single game out the door.

#633 9 years ago

Man, you SOBs are tempting me to get on board! Probably shouldn't cause I'm already in on Hobbit.
Questions for the Expo attendees-
Does anyone think Hobbit is even in the same ballpark of TBL? Even if we assume Hobbit has several more toys, features, and surprises we haven't seen yet?

I just got home from Expo. Two things:

1) Put me in the TBL list. I put in the order from the plane.

2) Hobbit was a massive letdown. Not the same ballpark to me. Which sucks really but it just true.

#634 9 years ago

I'm in!

#635 9 years ago

Just came back from vip launch party. Men, they know how to make buying a pinball a real experience image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
#636 9 years ago

DP knows how to get you to drop $8500 and at the same time feel like a million bucks doing it! Too bad my wife is not as excited as I am.

#637 9 years ago

Thanks, dudes! I am very close to pulling the trigger. Plus, I'm keen to avoid a SkitB/JPop situation where years go by and they just can't get a single game out the door.

SkitB/Zidware are amateurs dude. You'll be rollin TBL long before Pred, MG, or RAZA see the light of day.

Pred coming together nicely in my friend of a friend's basement. His parents don't seem to mind the dust.

2 turntables and a microphone... I mean two empty cabs and some Mars Attacks side art.

#638 9 years ago

Umm jpop already has five pins 3 of which are on the top 10

#639 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Umm jpop already has five pins 3 of which are on the top 10

Built in the Williams factory. With management. With deadlines.

#640 9 years ago

Hardly an amateur

#641 9 years ago

Good point, he needs a boss, seriously.

#642 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Hardly an amateur

Not an amateur designer. But at making/meeting deadlines and manufacturing - yes, absolutely amateurish compared to Dutch & the others.

#643 9 years ago

Don't get me wrong I love TBL and DP
Doesn't mean I'm not still behind jpop and Zidware

#644 9 years ago

Back on subject
Holy shit I hope they break 100 orders by the deadline

#645 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Don't get me wrong I love TBL and DP
Doesn't mean I'm not still behind jpop and Zidware

*shrug* ...it's your money, brotha

#646 9 years ago

Is the PF clear coated? I assume so, but do not remember reading anything about that.

#647 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Is the PF clear coated? I assume so, but do not remember reading anything about that.

I would like to find this out, as well

#648 9 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

I would like to find this out, as well

My clear coat on XMLE was thin and it did not cure long enough before I played it which led to lots of dimples on the PF.

#649 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Holy shit I hope they break 100 orders by the deadline

My guess is that they've broke 200 already... I'm guessing around a 3rd of people placing a pre-order will have bothered to say so here...

#650 9 years ago

Happy for all you rug owners, best of luck on your ride!

Either I kicked my pin crack habit or I have willpower to fight off a gorgeous high quality pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-real-preorder-list/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.