(Topic ID: 77231)

The Big Lebowski Real (but unofficial) Preorder list!! 103 so far!

By RTR

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,088 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JimB
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ExchangeRate.png
HBC2.jpg
HBC.jpg
image-193.jpg
image-713.jpg
image.jpg
candle.JPG
$_57.JPG
012b.jpg
image-248.jpg
image-135.jpg
71eqbpQFxCL._SL1500_[1].jpg
image.jpg
celebration-time.jpg
image-277.jpg
image-39.jpg

There are 1088 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 22.
#501 5 years ago

Added pinballslave from his comments on another thread. This is picking up a bit of steam fellow dudeists.

We might even match the number on the old (pretend, pre-DP) thread at some point!!!!!!!

#502 5 years ago

When is the preorder cut off again?

I have a friend headed to expo with the intent to buy one if he likes it.

Have a feeling there will be more names to add this weekend

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

When is the preorder cut off again?
I have a friend headed to expo with the intent to buy one if he likes it.
Have a feeling there will be more names to add this weekend

I believe it is Oct. 19. I will double check though.

Here you go (form their website):

"Get the guaranteed preorder price and become a Dutch Pinball Very Important Pinhead™.
When you preorder by October 19, you’ll automatically become a Very Important Pinhead™. You’ll get unprecedented, behind the scenes access to The Dutch Pinball Team as we develop TBL, and you’ll be one of the first to play The Big Lebowski Pinball™. "

Post edited by sammiesguys: added info from web site

Edit2: That's only to guarantee pricing from what I can tell. I would doubt that they would just cut off pre sales. No real reason too. And personally, I don't think they have much room to raise the price anyway. It's already expensive without even getting nailed with taxes and shipping. Not sure there's a lot of room to go higher.

#504 5 years ago

Just Pulled the trigger, Add me Dude!

#505 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

added pinballslave from his comments on another thread.

Thanks! I think there will be a surge of people being added as the deadline rapildy approaches... we all want that damn rug eh!!

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Just Pulled the trigger, Add me Dude!

Welcome Dude - you made it 50!!

#507 5 years ago

I'm in too

Only needed a new rug, but as they hand over a free pin on top of that, I could not resist.

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

I'm in too
Only needed a new rug, but as they hand over a free pin on top of that, I could not resist.

Man - you dudes are keeping me busy. Welcome!

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Man - you dudes are keeping me busy. Welcome!

Told you there'd be a rush to get the rug!! I guess another 10 before the deadline... Only 3 days left... or is it 2...?

By the way RTR, if you're putting countries against names for non-US folk, you might want to add 'Czech Republic' for me... my flag's vanished!

#510 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

By the way RTR, if you're putting countries against names for non-US folk, you might want to add 'Czech Republic' for me... my flag's vanished!

Thanks for the reminder! I started keeping up with that bc a couple of people said there wouldn't be any non-US interest in this title - and I strongly disagreed!!!

I will check back through and make sure I didn't miss any.

#511 5 years ago

Achievers....I know most of you are aware of this but thought I would post anyway. In about 6.5 hours, (7:30pm Chicago Time, 8:30 Eastern, etc) DP will be doing their seminar at Expo. Jared is doing a live feed that you can find here:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

If you sign in you can then ask a question via the chat.

#512 5 years ago

This is a great day for being an early Achiever.....

#514 5 years ago

I'm in on this as well!!!

Pinbalt

#515 5 years ago

In. Paid in full. I love the passion

#516 5 years ago

Just signed up here and just pre-ordered my 'ski 'ball.

#517 5 years ago

Free Chrome upgrade for pre-orders!

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I'm in on this as well!!!
Pinbalt

Quoted from kapper:

In. Paid in full. I love the passion

Quoted from SkiBall:

Just signed up here and just pre-ordered my 'ski 'ball.

Wow - a whole new class of achievers! Welcome duderinos!!!

#519 5 years ago

Pretty good presentation overall. Someguy that sounded drunk sitting too close to microphone

#520 5 years ago

No kidding< I'm surprised he didnt take a wizz on the meeting room rug!

#521 5 years ago

that drunk dude was making me laugh

I wonder if he is still sitting next to jared...

#522 5 years ago

Yeah in the other thread Jared said he was sitting next to him. DP better check their rug.. Might of been peed on

#523 5 years ago

Phil is funny... Stern is the only manufacture of modern day Ford Pintos! Or was it coffins for TWD?

Looks like I will end up being a DPee-r 4 Life..... their customer service alone makes the other manufactures seem like chump$. Somebody just go Chumpatized!

#524 5 years ago

So in the vendor hall at Expo it seemed that some vendors were getting more attention than others:

IMG_20141016_231402.jpg
#525 5 years ago

And if you missed the seminar....Jared, (one of the best Pin-Dudes ever) recorded it.

These guys are not scared.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/54070739

#526 5 years ago

Dang, I just pulled the trigger!

I'm in!

#527 5 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Dang, I just pulled the trigger!
I'm in!

Did you pull it until it went 'click'?! You are on the list dude.

#528 5 years ago

Anyone else think of "this is our time down here" Goonies speech when Phil was talking. Prob not.

#529 5 years ago

Now that is how you arrive at an expo...like rock stars! No empty cabinets from DP. And the theme integration looks amazing! I don't need 28 boring modes with 5 hrs worth of elf grunting effects. I guess the competition is left scratching their ball$.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/mjqhsFLxkJI?autoplay=1&rel=0

#530 5 years ago

I took another look at the seminar this morning and a few things jumped out at me....

Phil mentioned a conversation he had with another builder, the other builder said he was a manufacturer, looking at units sold, etc. Phil made it a point to say DP is not, and they are true pinheads, almost mocking the other builder. -----Then, when Jack was asked a question regarding trading his paid up spot on a 75th WOZ for a Hobbit, Jack told him he could sell it (the WOZ) on E-bay. Jack further added that he is a manufacturer, (basically saying that the guy that wanted to move his payment over to the Hobbit was SOL).

I didn't mean to roll Phil by asking about the next title from DP, but honestly, I am anxious to know what direction they are going in. They mentioned they had it down to 3 (and I think Barry said 5), and Phil put the selection in better perspective going over why they are not talking about it. So, if it was 3 (or 5) anyone want to speculate on what the next title will be? I hope they stay edgy, with an adult slant on it. Maybe a Mad Max, Pulp Fiction, or some other cool cult title. Please don't do Casper the friendly ghost.

What was up with the amitures in the audience? When Phil asked them what the dude said when he was being thrown in the car, it almost sounded like 8 year olds. (or maybe everyone was too drunk)...I was sure someone was going to scream "Carefull Man, there's a beverage here"...but Barry almost had to coach them.

Immersive experience....although I have not played it, I liked how he described how the game interacts with the player, where there is no need for an instruction card. Very cool.

Phil mentioned they do not do anything half assed. So I am assuming that the code will be complete when the games ship. Personally, I really don't care. As long as I can tie into my computer to grab updates that cool with me, but I think these guys have seen enough from others with unfinished code.

Another big thanks to Jared for steaming this for us, I'll be buying him a White Russian tonight.

#531 5 years ago

If Jared's data plan bill is insane after the live streaming I will gladly chip in some coins to help offset these costs! Thanks for doing this!!

#532 5 years ago

Coast2Coast has some good coverage of TBL at Expo and last night's after party.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-113-expo-2014-day-1_28797

Quoted from burningman:

I took another look at the seminar this morning and a few things jumped out at me....
Phil mentioned a conversation he had with another builder, the other builder said he was a manufacturer, looking at units sold, etc. Phil made it a point to say DP is not, and they are true pinheads, almost mocking the other builder. -----Then, when Jack was asked a question regarding trading his paid up spot on a 75th WOZ for a Hobbit, Jack told him he could sell it (the WOZ) on E-bay. Jack further added that he is a manufacturer, (basically saying that the guy that wanted to move his payment over to the Hobbit was SOL).
I didn't mean to roll Phil by asking about the next title from DP, but honestly, I am anxious to know what direction they are going in. They mentioned they had it down to 3 (and I think Barry said 5), and Phil put the selection in better perspective going over why they are not talking about it. So, if it was 3 (or 5) anyone want to speculate on what the next title will be? I hope they stay edgy, with an adult slant on it. Maybe a Mad Max, Pulp Fiction, or some other cool cult title. Please don't do Casper the friendly ghost.
What was up with the amitures in the audience? When Phil asked them what the dude said when he was being thrown in the car, it almost sounded like 8 year olds. (or maybe everyone was too drunk)...I was sure someone was going to scream "Carefull Man, there's a beverage here"...but Barry almost had to coach them.
Immersive experience....although I have not played it, I liked how he described how the game interacts with the player, where there is no need for an instruction card. Very cool.
Phil mentioned they do not do anything half assed. So I am assuming that the code will be complete when the games ship. Personally, I really don't care. As long as I can tie into my computer to grab updates that cool with me, but I think these guys have seen enough from others with unfinished code.
Another big thanks to Jared for steaming this for us, I'll be buying him a White Russian tonight.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

anyone want to speculate on what the next title will be? I hope they stay edgy, with an adult slant on it.

I want it to be Clockwork Orange on one hand, and on the other I don't because I really don't want to have to buy another new pin for a LONG time... so Clockwork Orange should be their 3rd title so I can build up cash!!

#534 5 years ago

I hope Sci fi, Blade Runner or The Running Man, maybe Total Recall or Aliens. I would love a dedicated Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Khan pinball that's my grail.

#535 5 years ago

some pix from last night are up too that I took (and one that Nate took of me playing it - i usually dont have pix of me but wanted to b/c it was so freaking fun!) http://store.orangephotography.com/p328863282/h5d32f73#h5d32f73 - starts at that and click the right arrow to move through them...

#536 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I want it to be Clockwork Orange on one hand, and on the other I don't because I really don't want to have to buy another new pin for a LONG time... so Clockwork Orange should be their 3rd title so I can build up cash!!

OMG, A Clockwork Orange... WOW - Dream Theme

Akira also would be a theme that would be unexpected for a pinball machine coming from a Japanese Anime. I wonder how the older pinball demographic would take to it though.

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from genex:

some pix from last night are up too that I took

Thanks for the pics, looks like fun times.

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Nice write up Burningman. Wish I was there to clink glasses with you guys!

Can't believe they didn't nail the quote...

#539 5 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

So in the vendor hall at Expo it seemed that some vendors were getting more attention than others:

This didn't hurt:

IMG_7876.JPG

#540 5 years ago

Joined the club today! One of the Most fun pins I have ever played . The bowling lane and car levels engage the crowd around. It's not only the players but the entire group drawn in. This pin makes it a party !
I just bought one of the greatest pins ever being or been made .

#541 5 years ago

Welcome dude!

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

This didn't hurt:

Excellent!! It would have been awesome if they'd have been standing with their legs apart and there was a car inspection trolly for people to take rides on being pulled underneath... I'm sure DP thought about it!!

#543 5 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/embed/_oCrVKww0oQ?autoplay=1&rel=0

Please add Gary. Looks like he is ready to jump in on the preorder before the 19th deadline!

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

Akira also would be a theme that would be unexpected for a pinball machine coming from a Japanese Anime.

I must see this film!! I'd also love to see Alice by Jan Svankmajer, the scope for toys would be limitless, but I appreciate this wouldn't have much of an audience... Only way to see this is to do it myself I guess...

alice 1.jpg
alice 2.jpg

#545 5 years ago

Mark it 58 dude. Just hit the button. Tried to resist, but dream theme and awesome looking start. Damn Dutch separating me from my money.

#546 5 years ago

I'm officially in as well. That chrome really tied the room together.

#547 5 years ago

Resistance is futile!

#548 5 years ago

in

#549 5 years ago

I completely missed this thread, I've been in for a few weeks now

#550 5 years ago

I'm in Dudes! (This morning I pulled the trigger till it went click) sadly I had to decide between TBL & Hobbit.... TBL won! Monday I will be canceling my hobbit order.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 3.70
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 259.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Hobbit Black Arrow Out of stock
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 1088 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside