(Topic ID: 77231)

The Big Lebowski Real (but unofficial) Preorder list!! 103 so far!

By RTR

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,088 posts
  • 180 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JimB
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ExchangeRate.png
HBC2.jpg
HBC.jpg
image-193.jpg
image-713.jpg
image.jpg
candle.JPG
$_57.JPG
012b.jpg
image-248.jpg
image-135.jpg
71eqbpQFxCL._SL1500_[1].jpg
image.jpg
celebration-time.jpg
image-277.jpg
image-39.jpg

There are 1088 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.
#451 5 years ago

No secret here as Barry mentioned it publically on the TBL launch party in Utrecht. Production is scheduled to start december 2014, first deliveries around april 2015 if my memory serves me right.

What is exactly happening in the months jan-feb-march? I guess software development?

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

No secret here as Barry mentioned it publically on the TBL launch party in Utrecht. Production is scheduled to start december 2014, first deliveries around april 2015 if my memory serves me right.
What is exactly happening in the months jan-feb-march? I guess software development?

Just a thought. If production can start in December 2014...How long does it take to push a machine through production from start to finish?

I am sure the first few will take a little longer until they get into the swing of things, but if they start production on January 1st, wouldn't that first game be ready about 30 days or so after that?

#453 5 years ago

and just for the record. If mine is done before Pinfest (Allentown)....I'm bringing it there, man.

#454 5 years ago

perhaps production starts means just that they start putting in the material orders for all their pre-orders as they have the bill of materials locked down by dec? may take months to get all the parts in the quantities they need sorted, and handed over to the manufacturing guys. Manufacturing can be a whole different animal if they're doing it for real (vs guys in basement).. which seems like they are going by the news article saying they are in a manufacturing facility that is going to do it for them. That means you have to do a lot of paperwork on assembly instructions at all that so they assemble to spec, etc.

However, if I get the call saying the game is ready early I won't complain. Just wouldn't expect it.. there's still could be a long road ahead.. 6 months till they start being late

#455 5 years ago

yeah...I have no idea of how long it would take to build the game, and I am sure it takes different amounts of time depending on the facility building it and the needed parts.

Any idea of how long it takes Stern or JJP to build a game from start to crating?

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

No secret here as Barry mentioned it publically on the TBL launch party in Utrecht. Production is scheduled to start december 2014, first deliveries around april 2015 if my

I hate to sound like I'm on my knees and servicing these guys- but Dutch Pinball is truly unbelievable compared to all of the other pin startups (and even Stern). It really is amazing how they've been able to make an incredible game while sticking to a really tight schedule. They must be meticulous planners or have successfully worked in deadline oriented creative careers before. I wonder how far along this thing was before the October tease last year...

#457 5 years ago

Yeah this team they've put together is pretty impressive, and shows discipline and experience. Just thinking to where most of these other projects are/were in maturity 6 months from shipping and so happy these guys decided to do TBL and that it doesn't look like it'll have to get rushed out the door

Do they need a USA-based embedded software engineer? I don't think I've worked for a company that could put out a deadline that far in advance and get anywhere close. Let alone cause murmurs of 'early' Can appreciate the hardware being stabilized 6 months before release to give the software guy a platform to crank away on.

#458 5 years ago

Make that 39! And I have paid all but the last payment (tax purposes)...I am so excited.

I should add that the is my 1st post, and I bought my 1st pin this year in 2014 - a brand new in crate Simpsons Pinball Party never opened on the West Coast. The game room guys uncrated and fixed the leaky battery and it is GORGEOUS. Immaculate. That was in March/April. Since then....I've become addicted.

Next I bought used Family Guy. Keeper.
Next a used 90's Batman. Sold it. (*though its very cool just slow for me)
Next an AC/DC Premium Lucci. Keeper.
Next a Star Trek LE. Keeper.
On order right now TWD LE. Can't wait despite the bitching here I think it looks like a blast. And c'mon....fresh out of the box with fast ramps what's better?.... Lot's of toys IMO.
And last a Big Lebowski damn near paid for. This is the machine I am most excited for. LOVE the theme. LOVE the marketing campaign. LOVE the recent reveal...looks tops. State of the art, brilliant innovative toys (seemingly)....CAN'T WAIT.

BTW...I'm not adding any more machines my girlfriend says 6 or I get the axe lol.... But she plays them too...

So, make that 39 friends.

#459 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I hate to sound like I'm on my knees and servicing these guys- but Dutch Pinball is truly unbelievable compared to all of the other pin startups (and even Stern). It really is amazing how they've been able to make an incredible game while sticking to a really tight schedule. They must be meticulous planners or have successfully worked in deadline oriented creative careers before. I wonder how far along this thing was before the October tease last year...

All the stuff I saw from DP at Expo last year (then revolving around BoP 2.0) pointed to a full fledged game being worked on. When you saw the behind-the-scenes non-pinball related programming concepts like how they had built a Novation Launchpad into their game testing, and the way their complicated lightshows were generated in seconds, it was clear they had spent hours and hours surpassing the hobbyist end of things and were building a backbone for creating pinball machines. They had GUI's and interfaces for things that are wholly unnecessary (but highly desirable!) for a tinkerer

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from Nikonokin:

Make that 39! And I have paid all but the last payment (tax purposes)...I am so excited.
I should add that the is my 1st post, and I bought my 1st pin this year in 2014 - a brand new in crate Simpsons Pinball Party never opened on the West Coast. The game room guys uncrated and fixed the leaky battery and it is GORGEOUS. Immaculate. That was in March/April. Since then....I've become addicted.
Next I bought used Family Guy. Keeper.
Next a used 90's Batman. Sold it. (*though its very cool just slow for me)
Next an AC/DC Premium Lucci. Keeper.
Next a Star Trek LE. Keeper.
On order right now TWD LE. Can't wait despite the bitching here I think it looks like a blast. And c'mon....fresh out of the box with fast ramps what's better?.... Lot's of toys IMO.
And last a Big Lebowski damn near paid for. This is the machine I am most excited for. LOVE the theme. LOVE the marketing campaign. LOVE the recent reveal...looks tops. State of the art, brilliant innovative toys (seemingly)....CAN'T WAIT.
BTW...I'm not adding any more machines my girlfriend says 6 or I get the axe lol.... But she plays them too...
So, make that 39 friends.

What a response... !

#461 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Do they need a USA-based embedded software engineer?

Where's the NoTrashCougar when you need him?

#462 5 years ago

Added Superchicken and nikonokin to the list and that makes 40!! That is a lot of dudes - I expect it to grow as more and more shit comes to light!

#463 5 years ago

And just added another to the list who wanted to remain anonymous. He or she is listed as Unlisted #2 and that makes 41!

#464 5 years ago

Game progress looks good enough for me so I just purchased a second one. I'll be putting it out at headquarters here in Chicago for the public to enjoy. Hell after expo I may even grab a third.

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Game progress looks good enough for me so I just purchased a second one. I'll be putting it out at headquarters here in Chicago for the public to enjoy. Hell after expo I may even grab a third.

I added a x2 by your name inhomearcades!

Wow, these are selling like brownies at a Lebowskifest this week!

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

That is a lot of dudes

Don't forget special ladies... er, I mean, lady friends. Some of these buyers might not have a dick, or a rod, or a johnson.

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Don't forget special ladies... er, I mean, lady friends. Some of these buyers might not have a dick, or a rod, or a johnson.

Does the word vagina make you uncomfortable Mr. Jayhawkai?

#469 5 years ago

You are in dude at 43 dude, welcome to the achievers.

#470 5 years ago

damn love all the folks hopping on board! I will try and bring mine to a show if I keep it at my photography studio where it's easy to load in/out - maybe we can do like the 7x Spirits at PAGG last year and do 7x TBLs at PAGG 2015?

#471 5 years ago

Count me in!

#472 5 years ago

Aren't you already in at #19? Does anyone not care about the rules? Or are you talking about the PAGG row of TBL?

Post edited by sd_tom: read comment before comment

#473 5 years ago

Public service announcement: Word has it that the 3 games heading to Expo were waiting in customs yesterday....

I just hope the DP guys threw some white undies in those crates for those inspectors.

#474 5 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Public service announcement: Word has it that the 3 games heading to Expo were waiting in customs yesterday....
I just hope the DP guys threw some white undies in those crates for those inspectors.

3 games? Nice. I'm going to Expo and hope to spend some quality time in the DP VIP Penthouse.

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Aren't you already in at #19? Does anyone not care about the rules? Or are you talking about the PAGG row of TBL?
Post edited by sd_tom: read comment before comment

In for PAGG

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

3 games? Nice. I'm going to Expo and hope to spend some quality time in the DP VIP Penthouse.

OK. 3 games. One in VIP, One for the Vendor Hall and one for the Lebowski Fest? I saw this on their web site:

"Sat – Oct 18th – Lebowski Fest Chicago Bowling Party – Bowling, costume & trivia contests. Unlimited bowling and shoe rental included. Bowling is general admission and not guaranteed. @ Diversey River Bowl – 2211 W Diversey Pkwy- All Ages – 8pm to 12pm. $25 adv ($30 day of) Find Tickets – New shit has come to light! The Big Lebowski Pinball Machine will be debuting in Chicago this weekend and we will be giving away an autographed Translite from the machine at the Bowling Party courtesy of Dutch Pinball!"

#477 5 years ago

Don't believe they are getting more involved in the Chicago lebowski fest than that translite.

There is one apparently slated for pinball life party on Friday / just before VIP party

#478 5 years ago

Not to steal their thunder but I just talked to Charlie at the Seattle Pinball Museum and they should be added to the list too.

#479 5 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

OK. 3 games. One in VIP, One for the Vendor Hall and one for the Lebowski Fest?

On Friday, I'm hoping for 1 at Pinball Life in the afternoon, and all 3 at the VIP party that night.

#480 5 years ago

So jealous of you guys heading out there.. Has been an expensive year for unexpected vet bills and with xmas coming out (and TBL payments to make ) just didnt come together. Just shelled out another $500 this morning for ear infection on dog + Cushing's disease checkup test

You guys take good care of the playfield I'm gonna win

#482 5 years ago

I like the idea of bill Murray, but never going to happen.. Cohen brothers are anti-sequels. Nice try though by satire site

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Not to steal their thunder but I just talked to Charlie at the Seattle Pinball Museum and they should be added to the list too.

Just added him, thanks for info! List has increased by 20% or so in the last week.

#484 5 years ago

Count me in, I 'traded' my HUO AFM to fund this.

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from mguidarelli:

Count me in, I 'traded' my HUO AFM to fund this.

You are in at #45 dude, welcome!

#486 5 years ago

Im in today! I just want the rug! the machine is secondary

#487 5 years ago

I'm finally in on this. I've been checking the TBL threads almost daily for awhile and couldn't resist any longer. I just wish I could make it to expo to check it out in person.

#488 5 years ago

Tangent ...I just watched "The Contender" ...Jeff Bridges plays the President, and one of the first things you see him do is bowl lol ...AND - Sam Elliott is in it too...sans mustache - really weird seeing him without that flavor-saver!

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Ok...great, just remember RTR is the real godfather around here.

#490 5 years ago

Heard that Men's Journal is going to do a piece on the gadgets that are in TBL (this is a total "OH" - think the Dutch Pinball guys are next to me in the lobby - ha!)

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Who are you??

#492 5 years ago

I said I wouldn't preorder a game again. But against my better judgement, I'm in. (Although my better judgement is generally regarded as fairly poor, so that's not saying much)

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I said I wouldn't preorder a game again. But against my better judgement, I'm in. (Although my better judgement is generally regarded as fairly poor, so that's not saying much)

No worries. The Kool-aid is creamy with a coffee liqueur after taste. It goes down smooth.

#494 5 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Ha - I've said the same thing. Ever get the feeling you're Charlie Brown and the pinball makers are Lucy?

#495 5 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

POM.jpg

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from lost8ball:

Ha - I've said the same thing. Ever get the feeling you're Charlie Brown and the pinball makers are Lucy?

Yeah, although I've become much better at resisting than I was when when I first started. TBL is one of the only themes I would cave for anymore. I still think there is far more reasons not to order the game than to do so, but I love the theme and think the game looks great so far.

Lol. When I make decisions nowadays, I often think "If this goes wrong, where would it rank on my all time list of bad choices?"

If the answer is that it wouldn't even crack the top 25, I usually just say what the hell and do it.

#497 5 years ago

A friend once described only trying to avoid "life mistakes" as defined as something you're still feeling the ramifications of / kicking yourself about 10 years later. I think I can safely say getting TBL will safe from that . For an example though, see the vonnie D threads.

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

There is room for two Godfathers - especially since we are both now Dudes!

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from lost8ball:

So are you in or out on TBL? Trying to keep our list up to date.

#500 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Quoted from huddyrx:

I'm finally in on this. I've been checking the TBL threads almost daily for awhile and couldn't resist any longer. I just wish I could make it to expo to check it out in person.

Quoted from sammiesguys:

You guys are all on the list - welcome dudes. Relax.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 21.00
€ 3.70
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
There are 1088 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside