Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by burningman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

donny1.gif

#1 5 years ago

TBL takes the #2 spot in the Rolling Stone readers poll for the best 25 films of the 90's.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/pictures/readers-poll-the-25-best-movies-of-the-1990s-20140430

When I spoke to Gary @ CAX a couple years ago about making this game he said it was "too dated".

#2 5 years ago

It might be dated but so is the bulk of Gary's target market.

#3 5 years ago

Interesting list some good ones.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

When I spoke to Gary @ CAX a couple years ago about making this game he said it was "too dated".

Considering the game we are getting from DP, we should be thankful Gary passed.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Considering the game we are getting from DP, we should be thankful Gary passed.

Yes and no, a pro version would have possibly sold to ops to put in bowling alleys giving pinball more exposure, who knows what the LE would have had in it.
The DP game will be a boutique pin with not nearly as many units sold that Stern could have moved.
I doubt I will ever see or play one unless I was to buy one but for the price I would have to see it and play it first.
Therein lies the rub.
I can say Gary would have sold more of these than Mustang or TRS.

#6 5 years ago

Lebowski is a dream theme for me and it looks like the Dutch are doing a great job so far, but it's out of my price range.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

And AC freaking DC isn't? They haven't had a hit for 30 years. Metallica? Had a minor hit in 1997, other than that it's been more than 20 years for them.

I'm coming to the conclusion that's he's truly delusional.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

And AC freaking DC isn't? They haven't had a hit for 30 years. Metallica? Had a minor hit in 1997, other than that it's been more than 20 years for them.

I really tried to convince him that it is a cult classic and how many people attend the Lebowskifests and how many people use quotes from the movie.
I think he really missed the boat on this one but maybe it wasn't family friendly enough for him.
When this game does come out if you took it to a Lebowskifest people would line up to stuff money into it.

#9 5 years ago

I would like to see a pin for about 20 of those movies. Forest Gump...in, Goodfellas...in, Boogie Nights...in, Reservoir Dogs...in, Pulp Fiction...IN!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Delusional or not, the man kept pinball alive, and has a thriving business to show for it.

Thanks Gary!

P.S. I would have bought a TBL Pro for my location ... and I am still waffling on buying TBL(Dutch) for my home ...

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Delusional or not, the man kept pinball alive

I wonder sometimes if pinball stayed alive in spite of him rather than because of him.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I wonder sometimes if pinball stayed alive in spite of him rather than because of him.

C'mon!!!

Pinball would be weaker without LOTR, Metallica LE, Star Trek LE, Family Guy and many others

#13 5 years ago

Hopefully, this doesn't turn into a bash Stern thread.....so, back on topic.

Dazed and Confused at 11 is a joke. The movie wasn't that good. Hollywood Knights for the 90s high schoolers....but Hollywood Knights was funny. Dumb and dumber barely cracking the top 25 should have been higher....

Pulp Fiction at #1 and The Big Lebowski at #2.....THE DUDE ABIDES!

#14 5 years ago

Seems like they should of made a Pulp Fiction pin instead..

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

donny1.gif

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

This aggression will not stand man! I mean, like uh, uh, the Big Lebowski, man, is the most bitchin' pinball theme like, ever! Pulp Fiction would be cool too, man, like if it, uh, had the Dude in it.

No bowling in it though man. Gotta do something 'bout that too.

#17 5 years ago

Some other great movies in that list but hard to convert to a pin.

#18 5 years ago

Already well leaked, the next pin will be TWD. Thereafter anyone not onboard that train will endure a barrage of complaints about incomplete code for the next four months and probably a Hitler parody or two. Then it might be fun to speculate that Stern might shift away from superheroes to cult films. It seems safe to presume TBL and PF are predestined to be the first titles sought, based on their popularity and crossover appeal. But what might happen next?

Looks like music and the likes of Kiss (will finally reach agreement with Gene) and ZEP (will finally reach agreement with board). Before returning to the newly popular cult film themes by offering...Kill Bill and a licensed Matrix (qualifier - must reproduce Pinball Refinery version of existing Matrix pin). In a strange turn of events, there is a return down the slippery slope of superheroes, Stern gives us ... Hellboy. Please, Please, Please, Please Stern if you are reading this, give us Hellboy! Well that should lead us into 2017.

Can I hear an Amen from the Congregation? I asked, can I hear an Amen from the Congregation?

#19 5 years ago

Can't argue with number one on that list. Best movie of all time.

#20 5 years ago

That is a real good list.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Already well leaked, the next pin will be TWD. Thereafter anyone not onboard that train will endure a barrage of complaints about incomplete code for the next four months and probably a Hitler parody or two. Then it might be fun to speculate that Stern might shift away from superheroes to cult films. It seems safe to presume TBL and PF are predestined to be the first titles sought, based on their popularity and crossover appeal. But what might happen next?
Looks like music and the likes of Kiss (will finally reach agreement with Gene) and ZEP (will finally reach agreement with board). Before returning to the newly popular cult film themes by offering...Kill Bill and a licensed Matrix (qualifier - must reproduce Pinball Refinery version of existing Matrix pin). In a strange turn of events, there is a return down the slippery slope of superheroes, Stern gives us ... Hellboy. Please, Please, Please, Please Stern if you are reading this, give us Hellboy! Well that should lead us into 2017.
Can I hear an Amen from the Congregation? I asked, can I hear an Amen from the Congregation?

Your analogy is spot on-in a perfect pin world. At least up to the Hellboy part any way!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

DP is not scared. These guys are coming out of the gate with a pin that pushes the envelope with an adult theme.

If they feel that Pulp Fiction would make a good run, it would not suprise me one bit to see this being their next title. (granted there are a lot of approvals they would need to get). And, if PF is announced as their next pin, I would be first in line.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
€ 3.70
$ 50.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11,500.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 103.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside