(Topic ID: 105905)

The Big Lebowski production numbers and availability after release?

By CodyR

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Being new I've taken the advice of many members on here and have been trying to play machines before I buy them, however since playing TBL before I buy it is not an option does anyone know how many will be made and if Dutch Pinball will continue to offer new TBL machines after the pre-orders?

#2 9 years ago

Contact them and ask.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

Would love to some inventory with distributors at some point. I have little interest in the theme but if the game play is awesome I may get one one day.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from CodyR:

Being new I've taken the advice of many members on here and have been trying to play machines before I buy them, however since playing TBL before I buy it is not an option does anyone know how many will be made and if Dutch Pinball will continue to offer new TBL machines after the pre-orders?

Word on the street is that there is no Limited Production. They will continue to make the game after the pre-orders. Contact DP to verify.

Something to consider...keep an eye out for Pinsiders in your area that will be getting the game. I am sure one in your area would let you check theirs out. Also, if their is any shows or events in your area check to see if a TBL might make the rounds near you. I know I will be bringing mine to Pinfest in Allentown, Pa if the game is delivered in time for that event.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Would love to some inventory with distributors at some point. I have little interest in the theme but if the game play is awesome I may get one one day.

What is the value in distributors here? Just curious. I've gotten a Stern NIB once and I didn't feel the distributor added anything to the experience.

And yes, they have made no promises to us preorder people of a limited run.. So they can make as many as they want without pissing anyone off The way the language is on the website it is clear this is a preorder period with preorder benefits.. Not the only window for buying. They do leave open that prices could change after this period:

Get the guaranteed preorder price and become a Dutch Pinball Very Important Pinhead™.
When you preorder by October 19, you’ll automatically become a Very Important Pinhead™.

You’ll get unprecedented, behind the scenes access to The Dutch Pinball Team as we develop TBL, and you’ll be one of the first to play The Big Lebowski Pinball™.

You'll be one of the first to play The Big Lebowski Pinball™.

You'll get a TRUE-SERIAL™ TBL.*

We'll donate $25 to The Dude's Charity, No Kid Hungry on your behalf .

You'll be the first to get exclusive inside information before it's released to the public via The New Shit Newsletter™ VIP Edition.

You can participate in special contests like our TBLfie Selfie Contest and win awesome prizes, such as a one-of-a-kind pre-production TBL playfield signed and given to you by The Dutch Pinball Team.

You'll get lots of cool swag like t-shirts, and...

You'll get behind the scenes photos, videos and Tours.

You’re invited to our Lebowski Launch Party in The Netherlands, and to our Penthouse VIP event at Pinball Expo in Chicago this October. (Just, be sure to wear your limited edition Dutch-Pinball T-Shirt.).

And of course, you'll get a custom woven, perfectly sized rug… it ties the whole room together.

* TRUE-SERIAL™ numbers are assigned in the order in which the machines are preordered and produced. As this is the ACTUAL number of the machine which comes out of production, we cannot tell you your number until we start building your pinball machine.

Source: http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/game

What I like about this is that since they aren't being creative with serial numbers.. We'll know how many there are roughly(not everyone on pinside) rather than that being some state secret

#6 9 years ago

Price change hopefully not meaning an increase. $8500 starting point? Yikes.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

$8500 starting point? Yikes.

That's really the only thing holding me back as well. That is a huge pill to swallow.

But a custom rug that goes under the pin? That's so many levels of cool.

These DP guys are doing it right!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from CodyR:

At least two will be near you.
I have one coming and there's a bowling alley in Kelso or Longview that's getting one.

#9 9 years ago

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll sit tight and wait until I can play it.

Hopefully PdxMonkey will be my "in" to a game or two. wink wink, I would extend an offer for you to come over and play my machines, but is there a machine you haven't already played? lol Maybe you like arcade games? I just got a Paperboy Arcade and it's pretty fun!

And let me know if you want to sell that Fish Tales!

#10 9 years ago

Absolutely, I'll pm you when I get a ship date
I'll put you in the FT line
Same to you on NBA breaksfast

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-production-numbers-and-availability-after-release and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.