(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,069 posts
  • 611 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Toucanf16
  • Topic is favorited by 188 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 936 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Cash Machine (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
248E6180-C5FC-42E0-BFDD-3AF29E6979FF (resized).jpeg
6868685D-D473-48C3-A316-0C505EAE7797 (resized).jpeg
27DE3EF0-6251-4D0A-A589-75AEE0E66D81 (resized).jpeg
869AF936-E13C-4A94-BB35-774886977DCF (resized).jpeg
630402B2-B1CB-4066-AEE0-236A564FB65A (resized).jpeg
E4DFF554-5673-4DDA-B93E-88AC92ADF543 (resized).jpeg
1C08CB09-1027-48C0-86AE-5A3093262C3F (resized).jpeg
EA6D8509-4CEA-4D91-AC18-E7244C457EC4 (resized).jpeg
F6DD9947-56E6-41B7-A6F6-AB8DC98D5D95 (resized).jpeg
5DA182BF-9053-4FAF-B3D9-6D112C43844E (resized).jpeg
laugh_o_meter (resized).jpg
themoreuknow.gif
9e8da9619349be7d54dade0f048bd57b (resized).jpg
C03387C7-5AE2-4853-8F6A-7331DE066FEC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (2 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (2 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (2 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (2 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (2 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (2 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (2 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (2 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #3650 Report from a dinner with Barry of Dutch Pinball. Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #3951 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #4259 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #5004 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #5229 DP update about an alternative manufacturer Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #5461 Details on June 19th DP Livestream Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #6420 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by KoenHeltzel (1 year ago)

Post #6684 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Concretehardt (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toucanf16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#246 4 years ago

Still kicking myself I missed out on the ore-order!

3 months later
#478 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I want in! If anyone is tired of being in this club, PM me.

Ditto, PM me too (after ryanwanger) if you want out!

2 weeks later
#523 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I dropped out also.

I'll take a spot. Wonder how I get in on the dropped spots?

#559 4 years ago

Been following this thread in anticipation and am jealous of all you guys. I whimped out at the last minute and didn't get a preorder. Kicking myself...

#563 4 years ago

Has anyone ordered TBL from Cointaker?

1 week later
#586 4 years ago

Has anyone got an order in with Cointaker? I don't see anything on their website.

#616 4 years ago

A shame about the apron too. Eventually someone will make a star apron, so at least that's not lost.

#623 4 years ago

Has Cointaker started taking orders?

#710 3 years ago

Love the Before and After pics. Some clean up was certainly done.

1 month later
#865 3 years ago

Curious... How many have placed a TBL deposit with Melissa? I wrote her today and she responded in short order. I chickened out on the DP pre-order and will probably place an order with Melissa.

#884 3 years ago

I didn't make the DP TBL pre-order A-team. But I just placed my order with Melissa at Cointaker so I guess you can say I'm on the B-team now!

#890 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

What advantage is there in ordering now vs after they are available and you know more about the fun factor?

No advantage, just figured I'd start to spend the money on a pinball instead of something else worthless, like food or the mortgage! LOL!

#895 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm not sure if Hobbit or TBL will be first out of the gate. Right now I'll feel like a winner if it's either.

You have a vested interest in both?

#898 3 years ago

TBL will be my first NIB!

6 months later
#1552 3 years ago

Thanks for the vid JustLikeMe!

#1553 3 years ago

Curious, how many are on the preorder? I placed a deposit with Melissa at CT. No hurry, just want a general timeframe, months, years...?

#1558 3 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

...I'd play this pin to the soundtrack of a gerbil crawling from Richard Gere's anus.

troubling thoughts...

1 week later
#1649 3 years ago
Quoted from genex:

We're all boat pals! Can't wait for this thing - people at my photography studio are psyched too since that's where it'll go!

Can I get a job working at the photography studio?

2 weeks later
#1694 3 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Hopefully #31 arrives in time for my birthday sept 5th

2017?

#1697 3 years ago

I'm watching! Cool!

1 month later
#1937 3 years ago

I'm on the CT list, haven't heard from them.

#1995 3 years ago

So, is CT actually shipping TBL? I was told it will be October before they ship games.

#2001 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They're receiving the original Dutch Pinball orders and distributing them to the people who bought them back in 2014. The Cointaker "new sales" games will ship later.

Good, that's what I thought. I heard from Melissa back in June. She said she expected sales made through CT to be delivered late this year or early next (crystal ball). I deposited through CT after I chickened out on the DP pre-order in spring 2015. Melissa said I was in the top 20 on her list.

2 weeks later
#2073 3 years ago

Who reads manuals

3 months later
#2625 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

That's the price you pay for having better health care and bacon than us.

Their maple syrup and ice wine is pretty good too!

2 weeks later
#2655 2 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Happy Holidays!
Have a Happy New Year Everyone!
» YouTube video

Your video was removed?

1 month later
#3361 2 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

Interesting, so you are saying ARA might be inclined to directly sell off the machines to, say, us?

I'm no lawyer (but stayed in a Holiday Inn once), but seriously doubt ARA can sell the whole games.

Just chill and let the dust settle.

IMG_7906 (resized).PNG

#3474 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Homepin is building their pin and game manufacturing business first; pinballs later.

Speaking of Homepin, any speculation when they'll build a machine? I live in Hong Kong, not too far from Homepin (Shenzhen, China, right?)

2 weeks later
#3661 2 years ago

DP is still on the TPF schedule for 3 PM on Saturday the 25th.

1 week later
#3875 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Oh you will.....you will.

And will like it!

1 week later
#4285 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

For those of you saying the profits from BOP 3.0 aren't enough to get the rest of the TBL made, what makes you think so? 25 BOP, $12,500 per machine = $312,500.
250 remaining TBL with $1,000 increase = $250,000. The cost of each BOP to make is probably $2.5K so that's your remaining $62,500. Totally feasible.

Not sure where you come up with $2.5 K to build BOP 3.0. Good luck with that!

#4291 2 years ago

Just my opinion, but I think BOP 3.0 is kick ass! Maybe not $12.5K fantastic and maybe not for everyone, but I think the graphics are over the top! .
I've already have a Mayuh pimped out BOP 2.0. I hope they sell out ASAP so we can get this show moving!

#4450 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

ZERO. No chance, not gonna happen. Roll your money up and smoke it instead. That or giving a deposit to DP have equal chances of getting you a game. Or send me your money and I too will delivery an empty promise but no game.

Just a little negativity I'd say.

#4486 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I had a pithy response. Decided it wasn't worth it.

Spill the beans, let's hear it!

1 week later
#4525 2 years ago

Wow, not sure this thread has ever gone five days without a post!

#4557 2 years ago

Wonder who will be the first to go "Full Walter"?

2 weeks later
#4710 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

That is the definition of a pyramid scheme

Possibly...

#4723 2 years ago

Actually, pity him for even thinking it.

#4755 2 years ago

Gotta like me some camel toe! What pins have some camel toe on them? Baywatch comes to mind!

1 week later
#4874 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Oh no wait..... DP lies, never mind Flynnibus you may be right. And I know how much you love to hear you are right

Everyone loves to hear when they're right (not just flynnibus)!

#4957 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Or 3. When speculators like you finally stop posting and just let the facts come out as they will.

-1, FWIW, the thread is all for entertainment.

eggbert52 already has his game and even has it for sale at practically double what he paid.

#5000 2 years ago

I see eggbert52 's is still for sale. GLWTS

#5002 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This is my understanding and another reason why I want the remaining machines built. A library of code written by 300 owners verses 50 has much greater potential.
Parts scarcity is practically a non issue in this age of 3-D printers, hobby fabricators and Planetary Pinball. I remember a day when Cliffy was the only game in town.

IMO, I think Planetary Pinball could do a bit more, but that's a topic for another thread.

#5058 2 years ago

I think some big egos are involved here. Did they really poll all the early achievers? It's hard to beleave only 2-3 support option 1.

#5222 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

...A simple "We had a problem with our contract manufacturer and are now moving our production to a new manufacturer. This will cause a delay of currently unknown length to the delivery of your game, but we're doing everything we can to ship you your game as soon as possible." would then be enough. Right?

Not ok with this group!

#5389 2 years ago

There's so much non productive negativity here; much from folks without skin in the game. Why would DP read it?

#5455 2 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

what's the problem? 2x 8500$ = 15k

I like that math!

#5661 2 years ago

eggbert52 must have a boat payment or kids college tuition due!

1 week later
#5762 2 years ago

Spill the beans!

1 week later
#5840 2 years ago

So much speculation and guesswork

#5851 2 years ago

Wow, two days without an entry! I'll break that trend! I guess a little upbeat news scarred all the naysayers to other threads! I'm in with CT and can't wait to get the ball rolling!

1 month later
#5961 2 years ago

Maybe summer holiday was extended...

1 week later
#6008 2 years ago

End of the year sounds a bit unrealistic.

1 month later
#6099 2 years ago

Just looked up Suzhou on a map. The CM is 80 KM west of the Shanghai Hilton where I stay on business monthly. Would be great to find time to check out the facility where my Chinese TBL will be assembled!

1 week later
#6389 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Forgot to post this earlier but when I picked up my Alien last week at cointaker I saw this. Talk about an absolute tragedy. Damaged during shipping!

Lots of good parts!

1 week later
#6415 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Crickets......

+1

On another note, I’m in Shanghai today. Only about 30 or 40 miles from where our new pins are being assembled.

#6464 1 year ago
Quoted from highdef:

...I think it would be hilarious to see a bootleg TBL on Alibaba.

funny, it could happen!

1 month later
#6538 1 year ago

IMG_1110 (resized).PNG

#6539 1 year ago

How many to a container, 20?

#6586 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Any chance talk about BoP 2.0 related talk be moved out of the TBL thread?

I have skin in TBL and own a first run BOP 2.0.
I too, would appreciate it been moved back to that thread.

4 weeks later
#6604 1 year ago

Maybe she’s working on the New Silk Road project; China’s veiled attempt to look good in the eyes of developing nations, but in reality these poor countries will be in dept up to their ears for overpriced projects.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/06/china-new-silk-road-explainer/

2 weeks later
#6643 1 year ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

I am pretty excited by the crate photo. That engineering sample in the photo is a major milestone. I imagine it's getting the "You see what happens. You see what happens, Larry!" treatment. I would be less excited if a good 2 weeks didn't pass before they approve the samples. If they get approved too quickly, a problem might slip through.

I too, am optimistic. But get real, it’s just a photo of a crate.

#6645 1 year ago

Yay!

1 week later
#6740 1 year ago

I’m in the first 20 sold by CT. I just hope to have mine by Christmas.

#6743 1 year ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

As a $1000 down for $10,000 full price person, I am slightly concerned for an "actually it's going to be $12,000 if you want the game" surprise.

DP will piss off a shit-ton of people if they pull that trick.

1 week later
#6760 1 year ago

Damn near looks good enough to drink!

1 week later
#6766 1 year ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

20th anniversary of the film today! Put up a new high score on machine this am. Haven't played in a while due to guilt over this whole thing.
Hope games start shipping soon

No reason to be guilty? I would play the crap out of that thing!

#6771 1 year ago

rtr, that crow still in the deep-freeze?

4 weeks later
#6878 1 year ago
Quoted from highdef:

We need to get in before Trump's tariff on Chinese pinball machines kicks in!

Interesting thought!

4 weeks later
#6992 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

...there are several on site around Guangzhou and Shenzhen).

Let me know their locations. I live in Hong Kong and work out of Guangzhou and would love to see one of your games.

1 month later
#7698 1 year ago

How many have requested refunds from CT?

#7714 1 year ago

Man, like others, I really hope someone can pick up the ball and make it to the goal...
I want this pin!

#7734 1 year ago

This thread is getting quiet... Kinda sad...

1 week later
#7833 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

... this one isn't going so well. All he needs to reach his dream is that one $10k donation.

All he needs is a paper route to get to that goal. Oops, no newspaper routes for kids anymore!

#7858 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Auction for the Sample Game has closed.

Just wondering, did one of the Seattle Seven get it?

2 weeks later
#8005 1 year ago

Malaysia is good! rensh Whereabouts? I spend a lot of time in Penang and Kuala Lumpur. Your location looked bit nicer!

#8030 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Update: this arrived just now...
Yes a box...

Looks like someone’s been walking on it!
Maybe you should send it to me!

#8032 1 year ago

Send pics!

1 week later
#8203 1 year ago

Regarding the holiday... I emailed DP six days ago about a TBL PF and plastics set. Jaap responded in 12 hours asking about an address to calculate shipping. I answered in just over an hour. I haven't heard back. Guess their holiday started as soon as he sent his first email. Wonder if I'll ever get the playfield?

#8205 1 year ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

they told me they needed to print more plastics so there would be delay on shipment. larger demand than they expected.

How long ago was that? I just hope to get a PF before they're gone!

#8216 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Has Toucanf16 paid yet?
I know I didn’t pay for my playfield until it was ready. I also know other Pinsider s who have enquired, paid NOTHING yet. And awaiting shipping calculation

I haven’t paid. Still waiting on Jaap’s reply with a shipping quote.

1 week later
#8262 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

I finally found a place in San Francisco that has the Big Lebowski (Number 9), and ended spending my afternoon playing it.

How was it holding up? Everything functional? Any wear or broken parts?

#8263 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

No wonder this game is so sought after as it went straight to my top 5 of all time favorites.

What other pins are in your top 5 favorites list?

1 week later
#8296 1 year ago
Quoted from RTR:

...we have the sweet, VIP, secret handshake thread with the hot tub and free drinks.

I hear free chicken wings and pork shoulder too!

1 month later
#8367 1 year ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I blame Robin, not the guys that requested the feature. You want a private group, fine, go to Facebook etc but last I checked I paid for access to all Pinside has to offer. I felt it was a slap in the face to us plus members who have followed this thread from the beginning and have a genuine interest in the outcome and progression.

You’re not missing anything.

#8396 1 year ago

Hoping for a speedy and full recovery!

#8401 1 year ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

What you need is a TBL on free play and a magic carpet to take you there...
Thanks Kim...
[quoted image]

I want your rug!

1 week later
#8415 11 months ago

Someone better snap this up...

AF42723C-4C11-420F-BCC6-083D28E1B0E3 (resized).png
#8416 11 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Someone better snap this up...
[quoted image]

I talked with the owner. The pin is sold. Owner says it didn’t sell to a Pinsider.
Guess there’s a life outside Pinside.

2 weeks later
#8430 11 months ago

Don't worry about the private thread. Nothing new really going on over there. I actually quite surprised how quiet the EAs considering how many have $$ tied up in the game and nothing to show.

#8448 11 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I genuinely hope everyone either gets their game or their money back but the notion of a private thread disturbing. Part of the value of a community is the community, if more bad stuff happens and is only known in the private thread then how do you make sure no more people are ripped off? Its good that the court case is done though and hopefully this mess comes to an end.
Neil.

The stuff from the private thread will leak over here.

3 weeks later
#8480 10 months ago

yelobird , I just bought a set of TBL pins. Thanks out to you and the guy who commissioned it!

#8481 10 months ago

pinmister , any luck getting a TBL yet? Seems there a some out there changing hands. Good luck.

#8484 10 months ago

Curious

#8487 10 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Well, My potential add-a bowling-ball mod never took off as it didnt feel right to introduce it before TBL production was well underway ..
But , if anyone needs a spare prototype pin,( for replacement only ) hit me up. Out of the original 2014 set of 100, a few got left behind in my shop .[quoted image]

Tell us about your mod. Some of us (me) may be interested.

#8516 10 months ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I’m sure they could figure that out before resorting to destruction.

Let’s hope so.

1 week later
#8536 10 months ago

Wow, that rug is pretty beat up!
Sounds like a good honeymoon to me! Maybe next visit drop some more coin in TBL.

#8539 10 months ago
Quoted from genex:

...I should see if I can find the rug sticker thing to reproduce so the rug mech doesn't look so bare...

Reproduce a sticker and I’ll buy a couple. Barry is sending me two, but I’d like a couple more in reserve.

1 month later
#8598 8 months ago

I have a TBL I got from another pinsider, but also still have a deposit with CT.

#8602 8 months ago
Quoted from Snoogans138:

I’ll buy one from you when you have two.

That could be arranged.

2 months later
#8736 6 months ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I don’t think anyone released a timeframe. Just that the judge said they need to work it out between them.

Sounds like a real tight legal system over there.

#8777 6 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I just cannot understand how people can judge a game based on a short video though. Isn't pinball about interaction, sights, sounds and oh yes, game play? Would you buy a car based off a short vid, probably not

I’m one of the few lucky people who have a TBL. I totally agree with roostking

1 month later
#8836 4 months ago
Quoted from Kj_gameroom:

I'm guessing at this point it would make sense to get my $1000 deposit back from cointaker. I've left it with them just in case.

Wonder how many still have deposits with CT?

2 weeks later
#8855 4 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Don’t have access to that thread.

Me neither, what gives?

#8878 4 months ago

I was fortunate enough to purchase my TBL from another pinsider (who got it from an EA$. But I’m still holding onto my CT deposit.

1 month later
#8992 3 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

I'm sure a couple of guys who recently bought the game for $20k aren't feeling too good about this price either.

I’m one of those schmucks with a $20K game. Don’t regret it. I also have a deposit with CT. I will gladly pay 12.5 for a hostage NIB pin. I don’t need two TBLs and gladly work a deal (at no profit) to pass it on to an EA.

I’m curious if CT is looking for ‘new’ money or will sell hostage games to those that already have a CT deposit.

#9109 3 months ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

My buddy called Melissa and said all the 40 games are sold.

I doubt that... They might be “spoken for”, but I doubt paid for.

#9213 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

If this didn't happen, I do think the folks with the deposits down should have been given "early" access to the 40 before being offered to the masses. Maybe 1 day or two then their game is released.

I think these were offered to those with a deposit (at least I was)

#9290 3 months ago

Seriously?

#9330 3 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

This is pointless to argue. And shouldn't be dealt with here. Much more important things at hand.
But, you have no clue how I got my games, what price they were, and how hard I worked to get some of them with second and third jobs.
If you'd like to discuss further, either of you, please feel free to PM me.
Brian

pinghetto , well said! Nice collection you have there! We share a lot of the same pins!

#9333 3 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

Second and third jobs to buy pinball machines? Maybe you have a problem...

We all have a problem, it’s called “pinball addiction”. And it’s why we’re all on Pinside. I can think of a lot worse addictions than pinball!

#9378 3 months ago

Here are some ways to help your child (pinhead) with perseveration.
Talk about it. ...
Respond with empathy to reduce anxiety. ...
Encourage self-monitoring. ...
Help him make connections. ...
Identify the appropriate stopping point. ...
Create a “stuck signal.” ...
Have a plan for getting “unstuck.”

#9419 89 days ago

Saw this on Mr Pinball Classifieds...

6722EF58-DDE0-4C7E-BBF7-B31A1B63D681 (resized).jpeg
#9428 88 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is there a summary somewhere of the current situation? The 40 "hostage" games have been released? New games beyond those will be produced? Trying to catch up!

Really short version...
Hostage games released and already sold by CT/NITRO for $12.5K USD.

Future production unknown.

#9436 88 days ago

I’m not sure what the thought process was for CT. They were under no obligation to sell the 40 games to the EAs. They had deposits from many people. Maybe not morally right, but my guess is they were obligated to those with the deposits.
Personally, I had a CT deposit and could’ve got one of the hostage pins but didn't need the game, so I offered up my spot to one of the EAs at no profit or gain.

#9474 84 days ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I think there are probably hundreds+ more people still willing to pay $12.5k for a TBL pin. I'm one of them.

Some will pay $12.5 (that’s already proven), but I doubt hundreds will.
Make it $12,499 and they’ll be knocking down the doors!

#9508 78 days ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

... I wonder if any of the lucky 40 who managed to call CT soon enough were EAs...

I know of one.

#9744 74 days ago
Quoted from whitey:

Everyone needs to chill and play some pinball

And consume a few beverages!

#9754 73 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Here is "a" video shot in a penthouse. Not sure if this is the party.

Looks like one kickass party! Would’ve loved to be there.

#9805 73 days ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

That rug was the thing that pushed me to buy in, believe it or not... and now they're sending them to the non EA buyers?? That's not right... surely... they should be keeping the rugs to send with the EA games when they get made... if I get nothing out of this, at least I want my rug!!!

The rug is crap! Ok to look at, but thin and turns to threads if you put it under the pin.

1 week later
#10100 63 days ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Coming on here and boasting of prompt delivery after years of waiting and seeing these games effectively being sold twice is in extremely poor taste.

So, more delays would be good?

#10172 59 days ago
Quoted from seenev:

Cointaker's rationale for selling these games was: "if we don't sell them here, someone else will in Europe". It's kind of like if a mob boss wanted to hire you to kill a guy and you say "Well, if I don't kill him, he'll just hire someone else to kill him. I might as well do it and make a little money on it since he's going to die anyways." I think CT had the choice to not get involved in this nasty business but they chose money over integrity. I competely disagree with everyone saying they have no share in this mess.

I call BS, CT held deposits for many years. DP (and unfortunately the EAs lost), ARA won. CT stepped up to get games for those with deposits.

#10320 54 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

^^^This. Look if Barry has parts for 200 pins, he should assemble them and offer them to EA’s at $3k (difference in what they paid and new price $12.5k). There are 190 EA’s and same number of potential games. The big issue was always the license and with it reported renewed for another 15 months, this situation has new legs.

DP could plan to use $1.5k of labor to build a game, $1k in transportation, warehousing, taxes and more parts and $500 for unknowns. This small amount of funds potentially would allow DP to pay for getting this done. That means multiple people building games. Of course, it assumes building pinballs is easy and that Barry knows what he’s doing. I’ll check back next Summer to see how things progressed and count the number of satisfied EA’s.

That’s never going to happen.

1 week later
#10421 43 days ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Not to mention all of those Vacations and holidays they will be taking...

Just more negativity that serves no purpose at this point.

#10443 42 days ago
Quoted from highdef:

No one is rooting against it; they're just rightfully tired of rooting
for it.

Then possibly say nothing at all.

#10523 41 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am not sure my opinion of Cointaker will ever be the same after this. Sure, they can come on here and say "we are just doing our job", but the fact of the matter is that they were complicit in selling games off that were paid for and designated for EA's with EA numbers physically attached to them. They fact that CT is so nonchalant about it really bugs me.

This has been gone over multiple times. CT was as under no obligation to offer games to EAs. Even though it’s would’ve been a fantastic gesture, reaching out to EAs would’ve taken weeks. CT was, however , obligated to thier own customers who placed $1000 deposits for TBL.

1 week later
#10734 35 days ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

It is quite funny watching new buyers try to justify their complete lack of ethics and morality in order to make a few bucks. Humanity at its finest.
Fact is, if you buy a game from them you are directly stealing 8000$ from a fellow pinsider. And when you sell it for a profit, if you had a shred of empathy, you'd give the profit to someone who preordered the game and got screwed.
Make a mental list of all these people, because it's nobody you want to deal with online or off, ever. I wouldn't even play a game of pinball with 'em. Scumbags.

I’m waving the BS flag.

#10737 35 days ago

Happy wife, happy life. The wife can make life hell if they choose. I’ve learned to compromise and pick my battles. Must be working ‘cause I’m still married and have 50+ pins!

#10756 34 days ago

I was one of those who backed out with CT. I’ve had a deposit with Melissa for many years but found another TBL last summer from another Pinsider and didn’t need a second one. I have cash in hand but didn’t believe in flipping it for a huge profit. I offered my spot to another EA so he can get a game without waiting.

1 week later
#10851 27 days ago
Quoted from highdef:

C'mon Steve. You have a lot nerve calling anyone a douche. Enough with that authoritative tough guy act. Let's keep it real!
A few weeks ago, this guy came out of nowhere into this preorder thread and boldly stated that EAs "invested" in DP and that their "investment" was a poor one. Now THAT is being a douche. I'd have some empathy if he hadn't made those insulting statements or at least apologized and deleted his comments.
He gets his game and "suddenly" has medical bills. It sounds like he may have been living beyond his means. Funny how he had the nerve to tell EAs how they should have spent THEIR money, yet without EA money, this guy wouldn't have a $21,000 TBL listed for sale right now.
It's all about optics and I have every right to voice an opinion, just as you and others do.

I never connected the dots. Good argument.

#10905 23 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

12,500 seems alright now - compared to Elvira. Stern jumped the prices - wow.

Agree. Elvira certainly took an unprecedented leap in price.

#10918 20 days ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

At the risk of being harassed again... Any EA’s with a GB prem/LE want to skip the wait? Game is available for sale still. Game+$. I know it isn’t the way you wanted a game but it’s an offer that is available to you if you so choose. Still need to sell and it looks like personal raffles are illegal or I would have offered up tickets to win it. Also, last weekend available before it goes to a stealership for my 17 supercharged c7 Grandsport 3lt A8, 538rwhp.

Got some pics of the C7?

2 weeks later
#11069 3 days ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

I would like a happy ending.

Come to Asia. You’ll find one here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 21.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
€ 3.70
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.04
Playfield - Plastics
F14 Tomcat Slingshots Out of stock
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toucanf16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside