(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thepinballco-op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11535 4 years ago

I'm new to this thread and a HUGE TBL fan. I am asking out of curiosity, not looking for a fight:

What is the perceived plan for DP? Sell 3 new games a week, and send a 4th game to an EA to make up for the pre-orders? At 12.5k each, that's a lot of extra scratch to help DP make up for lost time. Do I have that right, or do you feel it's something different?

1 year later
#12848 3 years ago

PROS: I easily have the money and the patience to buy this game.

CONS: The timeline constantly changing for others and a history of things going wrong.

Would I rather pay 12,500 for a NIB and wait or spend an extra 2-3k for one now?... meh, I'd rather wait. Plus these new ones are all updated with hardware fixes, right?

Thinking about joining the line. What have you guys waited from deposit until now? Cointaker website says 6-8 months. I have no problem waiting that long, just wanna know how accurate that is.

=======================================

EDIT: After searching way back, is it fair to say 6-8 months until they ask for final payment, and then 4-8 weeks from final payment to delivery?

#12852 3 years ago

Great responses, thanks guys.

#12866 3 years ago

I just joined the pre-order club and it feels so good!

MY WHITE WHALE! MY DREAM PIN!

One step closer!

#12870 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

New folks on the list will be rewarded. By the time your pins arrive updated code will have fixed some tricky issues.

1) Nice collection there. You have all the best ones together in one room.

2) What kind of tricky issues we talking here? I did indeed see news about the code being updated (0.54 if I remember correctly) but I haven't read too much about game issues and all that.

#12878 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Got the call. My TBL shows up Monday!

I just looked up your history in this thread and man... it's hard to follow. You were an EA but then you backed out I think? Then you pre-ordered but you also didn't pre-order? I can't follow it!

But I'm stoked that you're finally getting your game. Send pics when you do!

#12880 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I was never an EA. That ship had sailed before I was even aware of TBL (possibly before I started collecting pins in 2016?). Long before the ARA fallout I had a $1000 deposit with Nitro for a $10,000 machine (I tried first with Cointaker but they weren't taking more deposits at the time). With the bad news about Tommy at Nitro, I got my deposit back from Nitro. Then Nitro remained and I decided to put my deposit back in for a short time until the news of ARA stopping production came out. I again got my deposit back, thinking TBL was dead. I continued to follow this thread daily until I went on a camping trip with no internet and came back home to find out that the 40 units at ARA were being sold. I called Melissa at Cointaker to find out that of course these games were sold a couple days before. She said that she was creating a list of people that wanted a TBL but wasn't taking any money until they had the game to ship to me. I got on this list and over a year later I was informed that I was up to get a game. I paid in full and 3-4 months later brings us to now when my game is almost here.

Ah, that clarifies it thanks.

The timeline was perhaps pushed back a tad because of covid? I hope anyway. It looks like they amped up production so I hope the distance between my deposit and order isn't as long. What I do know is that the payoff will be magnificent! What a game!

#12905 3 years ago

I appreciate the responses by colonel_caverne & @rensh. I haven't been following this thread too closely. Are you guys directly affiliated with the production of TBL?

#12914 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

This is a machine from enthusiasts to enthusiasts and it is great to see that AE games are delivered !!

This right here. This game is clearly made by those who love the movie. I only own two blue ray disks, and they are both The Big Lebowski. One I've used several times, and the other is a backup disk in case I break the first one.

I'm also huge into bowling. I play about 4 leagues per year, and I also coach a high school team where we travel and compete. Playoffs are this weekend!

On top of loving the move and bowling, I am a huge pinball nut.

So this game combined my love of three things all into one. It's the holy grail of pins. It's my dream theme. And I've watched hours and hours of footage of other people playing. Whoever made and designed this pin got it exactly right. I can't wait to play it!

#12917 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

On the verge of ordering this game but there is some good competition out there. For me it's between TBL, Alien and Toy Story if it arrives.
I own a few wide bodies such as WOZ, Hobbit and STTNG. Don't get me wrong they are lovely games, but don't compare to a sweet shooting standard body like Iron Maiden. I love both Aliens and TBL themes, both are grails. But with the above in mind I'm leaning to TBL.
Anyone else going through a similar choice/thoughts at the moment? Or anyone currently own TBL and Alien?
Cheers.

I was also between TBL & Alien. I chose TBL because (A) they are actively being made and shipped and (B) it fits all my desires in one pin.

Alien came out with a promo video that gave me more questions than answers. It was not something that gave me confidence.

1 week later
#12939 3 years ago

Does anybody have any concerns with the latest Alien promo video? There was music playing OVER the gameplay, which can't be a good sign. No music, no sounds, and the gameplay was chopped up and there was no display shown if I remember correctly.

I love Alien and of course I love the price too, but that promo gave me more concerns than confidence. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I knew it could be built correctly.

TBL on the other hand is definitely moving in the right direction. Production seems to be increasing and code is being updated. My confidence rises with each new batch delivered to buyers. I hope they continue to sell well and I'd even consider buying their next game if dp was to create another.

#12942 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

This is a group of people who could not keep the original game in production despite demand.

Technically the same could be said for TBL, but the rest of your post I totally get.

#12961 3 years ago

I wouldn't worry about the PIF time. Cointaker is pretty reliable and working in tandem with dp to get these games out is good for everybody. It's a cash cow for dp to keep this going, so I say don't worry about it.

2 weeks later
#12974 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Come on, the new code was released just last weekend. Shipping takes longer time.
Is this question really worth asking?

You're right, but he also mentioned paying in full a solid month before timlah and still nothing. I can only assume people get bundled up in groups of 10 or 12 and all the shipping is within a month of one-another? Either way I'm sure it's nothing, but I'd also be a tad annoyed I suppose.

Good news on the new game there dude! CONGRATS! Post pics!

1 week later
#13008 2 years ago

I'm glad to hear things can be figured out as easily as a phone call. If customers are taken care of, then my reliance on the system increases.

Nobody is trying to scam anyone here, man.

#13024 2 years ago

I was contacted too. I paid my deposit 30 days ago.

But it was about the apron. Made ya look!

...... that's a sweet apron though. I gotta have it.

#13037 2 years ago

19k?

I'm content with someone giving me 6.5k to wait a few months for a TBL.

1 week later
#13054 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Timelines like this really make me wonder...
Ordered: 03-23-2021
I emailed cointaker yesterday and was told I am 5 months out. It seems, off.

This falls in line with what I was told and I ordered about a week before you did.

#13062 2 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Possibly, but I called Cointaker before I placed my order online. I asked straight up if I should expect 13 to 15 months of wait time and Chris told me around 8 months, maybe 9.
They could have told me 18 months and I would have been OK with it so its not like I was pushing them to give me a quicker estimate. I don't think it would benefit Cointaker to give unrealistic deliver times, all that does is create more work for them by people constantly asking for updates and being frustrated for not getting their pin when told.

That's interesting. There's absolutely no incentive to suggest an earlier delivery was possible if it wasn't. Anyone in business knows it's better to under-promise and over-deliver.

I wonder if they know something we don't know, or if TBLs are being produced at a faster rate, or will be soon, or if the local POs will be taken care of shortly thus giving a higher volume to those of us in the states, etc.

I wonder what's up. I wish we had some concrete numbers to work with, ie: 5 TBLs are made per week, there are 200 on the waiting list, 50 of those are local and have first priority, etc.

3 weeks later
#13091 2 years ago

Last two posts, back to back, 1.5 years from pre-order to paid in full. Probably another 4-8 weeks to delivery, right?

Nice to see people get their games, but a little disappointing to see that they had to wait 1.5 years (and yes, obviously EAs had to wait longer).

I was told when I placed my order that I'd be 8 months out. These two guys above this post were 16-18 months out.

Hmm.... guess I'll wait and see!

#13094 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Is it concerning that during all of the time that orders are slowly being fulfilled and parts are hard to come by, that there hasn’t been any sort of code update? Seems like this would have been the perfect time for DP to sit down and really crank through that.

A code was released a couple months ago, and manufacturing vs coding = different people.

#13108 2 years ago

13 months & 19 months.

That's the length of time from order to expected delivery for these last two TBLs that we know about.

My 8-10 month expected wait time is not looking so great, but hey I'm just happy to be here.

#13132 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As I think most of you know Jaap Nauta, cofounder of DP, was diagnosed with terminal cancer I think like 2 yrs ago.
Thanks to experimental therapy he stayed among us longer as expected but yesterday evening he passed away .
He is already far over a year not active with DP so it has no influence in day to day business but he will be missed. Our thoughts are with his wife and family.
So we see again, there are more important things in live as pinball.

That's terrible. He put up quite the fight, I wish he would have won.

2 weeks later
#13155 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

All of this headache can be so easily avoided for barely any price premium nowadays on second hand market! With the lunacy of the pinball market, a used TBL for 13,500 is a freaking steal.

Yeah I saw that too. I'd probably pay an extra 1k for a TBL if given the chance.

Once these TBLs are done being made, the values will go up again. Keep that in mind.

1 week later
#13156 2 years ago

7 days without a post... nobody got their games recently?

#13171 2 years ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

Just received an email from DP that my TBL will be assembled this week (with factory installation of the upgrade apron ). I am on the list since sept 2020. Keep you all informed!

10 months. 10-12 months is becoming pretty common.

I ordered in March soooo.... I'm a ways back.

When did you make your full payment?

1 week later
#13202 2 years ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

The depreciation that comes from opening that box is going the be gut wrenching.

I'm not buying the game to make money, I'm buying it to enjoy it.

I'm not even going to put my game in my house, I'm putting it on location (private clubhouse) on free play. I want everyone to be able to enjoy this great game together.

Money comes and goes. Friendships and fun and camaraderie is where it's at.

#13206 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey folks anyone have a good contact at DP? I have emailed Barry Driessen and in the past he has been good about getting back to me... but went radio silent as I am trying to order the lit apron. Thank you for any help here

The same happened to me.

Maybe we should contact Cointaker and add the apron to our order?

#13209 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Did you email to Barry or support? I see only the support mailbox. Problem is I don’t know which pinsider belongs to which mailadress
And pls be a little patient. South of Limburg where DP is located was completely flooded last weekend but DP factory and their private homes turned out to be safe in the end.

Hey I'm not complaining. Barry emailed me once and said he'd let me know when aprons were ready to order, said it'd be a couple weeks. After 1-2 months I replied asking if he was ready.

It's no big deal, really. If I can add it to my order through Cointaker, it'd be even better (installed) when I get the game. I don't waiting.

#13229 2 years ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

Today I had the privilege to receive my TBL. Actually I had the opportunity to pick it up at the new factory, including an extensive factory tour. Thanks Barry and his nice (increasing) team!
After some driving the machine is extracted from the box and it plays great!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Super happy you got your pin, but I'm even happier to hear that you received a tour of the facility? Got any more pics of that place? Any cool info to share about what you saw or experienced?

Nice to see those guys do good work!

#13238 2 years ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

A lot of machines in production! Made some more pictures but don't know if DP liks them to be shared here. I didn't ask permission to publish those here, so think I keep em for myself, sorry.

Eh that's all good with me. In the one picture you shared I can see maybe 22 cabinets, half of which are being worked on or look completed. Good stuff in that one pic alone.

One last question. Why did you say "increasing team"? Just curious.

3 weeks later
#13282 2 years ago

I'm happy to be getting a game and all, but a HUGE reason I put down a deposit is because I wanted to help EAs get thiers.

It's awesome to see the old orders being filled. I'll celebrate the day that happens.

#13295 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Doesn't it make more sense to give back $8500 when you can now sell a game for $12500?

It's cheaper for them to give you a game than it is to give you $8500. I'm pretty sure the game costs them 5k-6k max to make and ship.

They can't make all the EAs at once or else they'll run out of money since no new money would be coming in.

And they already have a backlog of games in the queue, so giving a refund, keeping the game and selling to someone else would be pointless at a financial standpoint.

SOLUTION?: I wonder if they could give EAs an option, especially those 100+ range to pay the difference (12500 - 8500, so pay $4000) and get your game asap. I get that it would suck to pay extra on top of what you've already paid and for as long as you've already waited, but the game is worth more than that anyway, so it's not like it'd be at a loss for the buyer, and there would be no more waiting either.

I'm spit-balling here and I'm not married to the idea, but I'd like to see everyone get their game. I don't know what the hurdles are, but I'm sure there are solutions that could be in the middle ground for everyone involved. If I was an EA at this point, I'd absolutely pay more to get my game ASAP and be done with it, but only because I know I'd be getting a game worth more than what I put into it in return AND I wouldn't have to wait anymore, so it wouldn't hurt me too much.

Maybe dp could throw in a little extra for these people too. Alternate translite? Topper? Something extra as a "meeting you halfway" type of thing.

#13308 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I know where your heart is, but you need to sit on the 6-year train that EAs have been riding on.
In all fairness, it's the EAs who bootstrapped the project.
The goal posts were moved multiple times. Making EAs cough up additional funds is complete removal of said goal posts. What other company advertises an expensive licensed product, takes 6+ years to deliver it, and then demands for more money on top of the initial investment? ​
An EA could've invested their $8,500 in Tesla stock in Spring 2015 and been up somewhere around $140,000 in profit right now. Let that sink in.
No more money from EAs. They've been through enough.

Yeah totally agree, I was spitballing an option, not a mandatory thing. Just a way to help stop the wait that EAs have had to endure. The only other option I can think of is to continue waiting. I'm not too confident that there's enough money to help all EAs get their game after realizing that maybe 100 more need to be made. Seems kind of far-fetched.

I dunno. Makes me sad to think about it either way.

1 week later
#13353 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In regard to the led, pls sent mail to [email protected] mentioning your full adress and TBL serialnumber.
We will take it from there. Most likely a new pcb and flatcable will be shipped out.

You guys gotta stop being amazing or I'm gonna have to purchase every NIB game you make.

Seriously, are you guys following the Spooky model for customer satisfaction? Because themes like Halloween don't sell out in minutes unless something else about the company is amazing.

So far, I'm pretty impressed with dp.

#13378 2 years ago
Quoted from mjf415:

Hey everyone. New guy to the forum so forgive my stupid question. I put my deposit down last November. Supposedly my TBL should arrive in roughly 2 months. This will be my first pin and I'm super excited. I spent way too much time playing mediocre games in 7-11s in northern california as a kid, so having my own is something of a dream. Junkhauler, thank you for the pics. They did have me wondering how I should plan to move the pin down a flight of stairs into my finished basement. It's heavy obviously; how many guys should I have to help carry it down a flight of stairs? Thank you all any advice or suggestions.

If the stairway is wide enough, I would leave it in the box and move it down the stairs as-is. Put two guys at the bottom of the game since it will easily slide down the stairs, one at the top to keep it from going cock-eyed, and just ease it all the way down.

If the stairs are not wide enough (probably this), I would take the game out and strap it to a furniture dolly. You need one less guy at the base of the game since it won't be sliding but walking down the steps one at a time, but two people at the base of the game while you go down is always better.

If you've never unboxed a NIB game before, you should watch a few youtube videos first, especially TBL unboxing so you know what it looks like and what to expect. Take several pictures of the process and post it all here. We want to see!

#13438 2 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Well our TBL finally arrived......and we put it on location for all to enjoy!
Should you find yourself in Fargo North Dakota, stop by Drekker Brewing......it really ties their room together
[quoted image]

On location! AWESOME! I plan on doing the same.

When did you put your deposit down?
When were you asked to pay in full?
Any issues out of the box?

#13444 2 years ago
Quoted from Fnordberg:

Long time listener, first time caller. I pulled the trigger ~today on a TBL with CoinTaker.
I've read, watched, played (https://pinballmap.com/bayarea?by_machine_id=2748) and spent way more hours than I'm willing to admit to on this pin. I have a long history of love for pinball. This is coupled with a love for the thematics of TBL. I'm excited to post to this thread (of which I've read the entirety of) for the first time. TL;DR: I'm patient and I'm not trying to flip my order. I'm just trying to tie this room together, man.
I called Melissa from CoinTaker earlier today, Mon Sep 13th, and asked about the possibility of a lit apron option with a preorder from DP. CoinTaker was apparently working this out with their website whereby you could request it -- a $1600 deposit vs the otherwise $1000 deposit to include the lit apron. She asked me to e-mail her as it was worked out today, and promised to check back soon (she did!).
I guess DP is shipping CT 20 machines per month now vs. the 10 they were previously doing? Anecdotal at best, but this is part of what I remembered from the convo when I was trying to figure out actual ETA.
At any rate: very shortly after my e-mail to Melissa, she worked it out on their website, e-mailed me, and I was able to place my pre-order online with what I was looking for. I think they had some issues figuring out the optionality of whatever ecommerce platform they're working with, but it should be a thing they'll get right in the future. Computers are hard, amirite?
Melissa at CoinTaker, as I've heard here many times before, and I can attest to, is amazing to talk to and work with. If she's any indication as to what the company values, I'm happy to work with these folks. As we've all been to some degree -- the pandemic and its costs have affected beyond just business. It's worth taking a grain of salt or two while we figure these things out. Sorry, that felt preachy, but hey, we're talking about the perpetuation of fun here!
I'm lurking ever still, and I'm happy to be able to type some words in to some form fields for the first time here with some relevance!

Yeah, buddy! Welcome to the club AND the forums. You have two total posts both right here in this thread. Far out.

I appreciate the time spent and information given in this post. 20 per month, eh? I am pre-ordered in March of this year. I was originally told November was the earliest I'd expect a delivery, but I'm almost certain it will closer to a calendar year.

Welcome to the club, dude. I dig your style.

1 week later
#13464 2 years ago

We went from a calendar year to receive the game, to a calendar year to make full payment on the game.

I imagine it's the supply shortage that's holding things up.

#13470 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I was supposedly on the waiting list since 11/2019, before Cointaker started taking TBL deposits. Still waiting. During my periodic check-ins, Melissa has told me either that it will be a couple more months or that I’m “definitely” in the next group. Then I start to see others who got in after me get their invoices and games and for me it’s crickets.
In my latest couple of inquiries, I’ve simply asked to know where I am on The List. No response. I have reminded her that I have not paid a deposit (as per the 2019 policy) but she has never told me that paying one now would speed things up. Frankly, given this run-around, I’m not looking to throw them deposit money.
I get there are supply chain issues, but the lack of transparency (and any response at all lately) is frustrating and unprofessional. I guess calling guarantees at least some response, but I feel like I’m less likely to be burned if I get info in writing. Not sure if I should keep persisting or just bail and move on.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here: The demand for pinball has increased greatly over the last 18 months. I would assume they are swamped with orders, and the only thing that gets their attention anymore are those who have paid up. Perhaps if you reached out and say you are ready to pay a deposit to secure a game in the next shipment as promised, maybe they would get you the game.

I'm just spit-balling here. I want to you to get your game, and all orders help the EAs.

3 weeks later
#13515 2 years ago

Nilroc instead of "Members Only" in the topic title, it should read "This is a private residence, man!"

Just sayin...

#13520 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

When did you originally commit to buy?

His post history says last November.

#13530 2 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Yes last november

Oh dang I just realized that you put your deposit down the same exact day that I did.

TBL bros!

#13546 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Yesterday was a fun day.
FedEx arrived on time. Guy looks at my property and I show him where I want the game to end up. He said he’ll just take the skid across the yard to the basement doors for me…awesome!
Then he tries to get the forks into the pallet and realizes the pallet is too narrow and only one fork goes in. So he said he can unload it from the truck but can’t transport it across the yard on one fork.
So then we put it on my dolly and strap it and he has me pull it across the yard while he supported the downhill / side hill parts. Got it into the basement and that was that.
Started to inbox it and noticed a huge area had plain brown tape over it. I peeled that back and sure enough it was a gash in the box about 24” long and 1” wide. You could see right in. Wanted to puke knowing what was likely coming next.
Went about opening the box the correct way, and when I got to where I could lift the sides away, I saw it did have damage but AMAZINGLY whatever punctured through the box just BARELY touched the backbox left side. I mean it came so close that it tore the decal but zero damage to the wood or structure.
I wrote SP and Rens wrote right back within minutes. He agreed I was super lucky, and was kind enough to get a new decal sent out. I’m thankful it wasn’t real structural damage or a whole shipping insurance claim etc.
Sounds like from the above posts that FedEx is a disaster with these things. I’m surprised they aren’t shipped with a private shipping company.
Anyway, I took a good 4 hours to assemble it, inspect and learn what’s what and how things work, installing plastic protectors on the plastics where I didn’t have to do major dismantling, and installing my bowling ball and Donny can mods.
Then fired up the machine and all was glorious. Made sure it worked and then went and got the new code file and loaded that on (shipped with 0.56 and I could hear the annoying power clicking. To a newbie it sounds like the game is breaking and something isn’t right at all in the backbox!). New code cleared that right up.
I chose to fold my rug so that it fits under the machine, to avoid foot traffic wear and tear.
Finally, I grabbed my bottle of Absolut, bottle of Kaluha, and a quart of Half n Half, and some greasy burgers and fries (sadly can’t get In n Out on the east coast), called friends over and we played the hell out of it til 1:30am.
Everything seems to work 100% with no adjustments or anything needed. Game is gorgeous, the speakers are AMAZING, and the music and call outs are fantastic. We were commenting that the game seems more chill and non irritating to have the song versions without lyrics. Easier to just keep playing without the words over and over and distracting you.
A+ job by Rens for quick responses to my newb questions and the damage help.
I’m super excited to see what the code updates bring, and eventually have the Wi-Fi Live capability and all. More importantly I need to now learn what I’m supposed to actually be doing in each mode and all.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great story and pictures, thanks for sharing. Glad everything worked out.

I got sick for you... 24x1? Oof... glad you got lucky.

Why is shipping so terrible? They are moving multiple units worth $12,500 each! Come on Fedex!

1 week later
#13564 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

12-15 months seems to be the standard on new purchases. Hopefully that can improve a bit but not terrible imo.

Before the supply chain issue it was 8-12 months. I wonder if we'll see improved times going forward, assuming the supply catches up to demand.

1 month later
#13627 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In regard to shipping I can tell you that it’s even more a nightmare nowadays. Currently pricing are like usd 20 per kg !!! Do the math
Prices are expected to drop after Christmas.
So DP and CT are investigating best way forward. Container on a ship or wait or ….
We fully realize that all these issues are frustrating but it’s is like it is at the moment and circumstances almost change daily. Pls take this into consideration when debating shipping vs invoices vs paid vs …. Neither DP and CT have the world under control.

I'm fine with waiting a few extra weeks tbh. By the time I get my pin it'll be about 55-60 weeks. What's another 2-4 more?

#13633 2 years ago

dp should make a Jesus Edition -- the only change being artwork, translite, plaque, and apron -- charge 25k and use that as a way to make EAs whole.

The demand for pinball is out there, and people seem to be ready to throw 20-30k at rare games these days.

1 week later
#13642 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am approaching my 6-month-anniversary of placing my order! Woo hoo… bring on next summer!

9 months here.

March is coming!

1 week later
#13648 2 years ago

@rensh. I know it's been said before but without you giving updates I would never made the purchase. Your communications are the reason I felt confident enough to pull the trigger, and I'm stoked you keep helping us out.

Thanks man! Happy Holidays!

2 weeks later
#13687 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Does it really matter anymore?

If you're an EA and you're trying to mathematically figure out when you're getting the game you've paid for after all these years, then it does.

#13697 2 years ago

This thread got quiet... no news from anyone?

#13699 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

2 days...alert the police

Well we had multiple people being contacted several days in a row, and 22 games shipping over. In all other instances there were constant updates several times per day.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm antsy to hear any news, especially good news.

#13708 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

I ordered March 11th last year. Champing at the bit to see if I don't get asked to pay in full soon

Same.

I haven't called Melissa... I don't want to annoy her... but I'm hoping to hear something soon.

#13710 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I ordered last July and was just told last week I'm 8 months out. You can probably use this to figure out where in line you are based on when you ordered.

That makes sense. 12-14 months is the going rate these days, but being asked to pay in full is usually 2 months in advance of the game being delivered, so those of us who made deposits in March of last year should be expecting a call any minute.

However, every time I answer my phone from an unknown number thinking it's cointaker, I keep getting offered to buy an extended warranty for my car. It's getting old!

#13712 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Cointaker isn't going to call you. They will send an email. So you can stop answering the unknown calls

HAHA!

Thank you.

1 week later
#13728 2 years ago

greenhoody

You placed your order March 11 as did I.

I sent an email to Melissa and she said our orders were "a few months out due to covid and parts shortages"

so heads up

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13738 2 years ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Initial Deposit 11-6-20, paid in full 12-23-21, I just spoke to Melissa yesterday, Fedex delivery scheduled for 2-1-22. The Dude will hopefully be abiding in my home soon!

Whoa... that's a lot more than the 12 month deposit-to-delivery schedule that we saw in the past year. 15 months. I wonder if that's because of the shipping delays and not manufacturing.

I'm getting antsy.

2 weeks later
#13801 2 years ago

People being asked to pay in full with deposit dates only ~6 weeks from mine makes me joyful!

2 weeks later
#13812 2 years ago

In 11 more days, I will officially be 365 days removed from my preorder day.

I've gotta be close, right?............... RIGHT?

#13823 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Serious question:
Would you swap TBL EA#105 and $9000 for a oh Bang Bar..

TBL for BBB straight up maybe, value wise.

But no, I wouldn't do that anyway.

#13833 2 years ago

Nice to hear about the new batch going out!

#13836 2 years ago

I should get a call or email any day now.

I've never been more excited to pay $12,000!

#13838 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I put a deposit down on a game. For those of you waiting, have you been stocking up on Mods or just waiting to get your game first (if you are a modder). What are the must have mods for the game?

I've been stocking up. I have no idea what I purchased or how many either. They are all still in boxes.

I also got a sweet topper that's sitting and waiting to be installed. That'll probably be the first thing I do.

#13856 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered one of these. I will report back in 2 years when I receive it

Today, March 11 2022, is my one year anniversary for when I put a deposit down.

Still haven't been asked to pay in full, still no invoice, fyi.

1 week later
#13866 2 years ago

Soooo..... no updates? Nobody being asked to pay in full?

1 week later
#13870 2 years ago

*checks watch*

sigh...

*checks watch*

#13875 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Deposit 3/11/21
Invoiced 10mins ago.
Sooo excited.

Same

Added 23 months ago:

4/24/22

#13878 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What forms of payment do they accept to pay invoice? Visa?

No. There were four options but credit card was not one of them. And they were all similar, something like direct deposit from the checking account, direct deposit from your savings account, etc.

I had to supply a banking and routing number.

#13879 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What forms of payment do they accept to pay invoice? Visa?

It turns out I had the tab still open. These were the options.

2674D223-951A-4CC5-939B-7994DA7A20BA (resized).jpeg2674D223-951A-4CC5-939B-7994DA7A20BA (resized).jpeg

#13882 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Doesn't that trigger IRS reporting requirements for them? Cash transactions over $10k....

I used to work in this field, and I don't understand your concern here. The purpose of reporting is to look for unlawful activity.

#13892 2 years ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Put a deposit down with CT today. Looking forward to next year.

Welcome to the club of "waiting to be in the club".

1 week later
#13895 2 years ago

Rensh

Every once in a while, when a batch of games is ready to go out, you are able to post a picture or two and comment on any EA additions too.

Any updates on any of the next batch?

#13901 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So they are making Lebowskis for at least the next 13 months. How long will they be made? Guess as long as there are new orders coming in?

I heard somewhere that they have the license through 2023 so that's as far as they can take orders, but I can't say for certain if there's any truth to that or not.

#13904 2 years ago

I paid nearly 4 weeks ago.

Sooo.... any day now, right?

#13907 2 years ago
Quoted from jpk1972:

Well if it makes you feel any better I am at 7 years and counting on waiting for my Lebowski. EA#187

That does not make me feel better.

#13909 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Same this wait after full payment seems longer than the wait from the deposit lol. ME WANT NOW

I keep waiting for a photo of the group of games before they get sent out like in months prior, but I'm starting to doubt that'll happen.

I hope I don't get a call in the middle of a random day that's from a delivery driver saying "I'm here" and I'm not where "here" is to accept the game. That happened to others in this thread and then they had to wait several days more.

Booo! Give us updates!

#13910 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

OK. Checked for you. Havent been to the factory in some time so no pictures, sorry
As follows: EA 77&79 are now in transport to the US. On productionline being built now are EA80+81

I would assume 77 & 79 in transport would also mean the March 2021 order group is also on its way.

I skipped over this post somehow.

Added 23 months ago:

Do we not even get a shipping notification or tracking number?

#13911 1 year ago

Did anyone receive a tracking number? Is that going to be happening?

I'm worried -- based on previous replies -- that the game will just show up as a surprise and I won't be around to accept it, since the place I need it shipped to is now different than when I originally ordered it.

#13913 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You should contact CT on this topic. All shipments go via CT. There are no direct shipments DP -> Endcustomer.

Thank you for this. I emailed Melissa.

To all you future TBL owners who put down a deposit around March last year: "Your game is shipping from the Netherlands this week, so should be another 10 days or so"

#13916 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

I got FedEx tracking ans then it asked me to pick an exact time to have it delivered. Ill have it tomorrow. 3-11-21

Was this through email or phone call?

#13929 1 year ago

To each their own, man.

If you will it, Dude, it is no dream.

#13931 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did you get your machine ETA?

No. I've received nothing.

#13941 1 year ago

For all you guys paying in full right now, the last batch of people who paid in full last April still have not received their game.

FYI

#13944 1 year ago

My game is ready and waiting, good to know. Thanks Rensh

#13952 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Work on playfield new builts in process. Have no picture of it but new cabinets were into production as well
If just the part supply would be better and more steady ….. Can not imagine the hassle stern has to go through.
Oh, people are there. Just having a break.
[quoted image]

That playfield is a dang masterpiece. That side view is amazing.

#13955 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Ha! I was wondering the same thing!

Eight year olds!

"What's the umbrella for" they ask. lol, couple-a noobies!

What uhhh.... what would you and I say to that Rensh? What would us pinball manufacturing experts say to such silly questions?

Seriously......... what WOULD we say. I don't want to answer it because I'm too informed and I might explain it incorrectly. So I'm curious as to what you'd say.

#13961 1 year ago
Quoted from Rscontrino:

Mine arrived today.
I am flabbergasted it arrived with no damage. box was pristine. some questionable sensors on the box were triggered like the tilt warning.
Put together very carefully mostly by myself. I made one mistake and forgot to put a ball in the bowling alley at first and that made the game not play right but since correcting that so far so good.
[quoted image]

Really ties the room together.
When did you order it.
When did you pay in full.

#13969 1 year ago

@leonspinkx, the chinamen who peed on his rug... he can't give him a bill, so what the fuck are you talking about?

#13971 1 year ago

WHOA I just received a shipping notification in my email!

You see what happens, Larry!?

#13978 1 year ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

So what sort of options were you given as far as date and time? Is there a certain window of days for delivery?

Zero options and there was no "days for delivery" or a date of expected delivery or anything. Still in the dark. I can only use Fedex (method of shipping) and their website to help track where the game is currently located in the shipping progress.

I hope I get a call of some sort from the driver on day of delivery. I've heard from others that Fedex arrived with nobody home and then left. That's my biggest worry.

#13981 1 year ago

For anyone wondering about the shipping progress. I got a notifcation yesterday without any expected date. About 24 hours later I get some shipping updates and an expected delivery on Monday.

Travel History in reverse order:

Thursday, May 19, 2022
10:51 AM SUNBURY, PA - Picked up
10:17 AM WILLIAMSPORT, PA - At pickup, Arrived at customer location for pickup

Wednesday, May 18, 2022
4:42 PM WILLIAMSPORT, PA - At pickup, Arrived at customer location for pickup
10:48 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

#13984 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

This just blows my mind...It's sad that people will continue to clog up the line and make the wait longer for people who actually want to own and play the machine. It's getting more and more common.
I'd like to see Dutch at least prevent the same buyers from doing this again.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&ad_machine_key=2205
Same guy sold a NIB TBL twice in a little over a years time.
[quoted image]

Flipping has and always will be a thing. It's a shame.

I'd feel guilty taking away a spot/time for those who really want a game, but others can only think of themselves so that part wins out.

Greed. It's the ugliest trait in a human being.

#13989 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Has anyone been looking at the rate at which EA machines are coming out and what the next two numbers are to go out? after the two listed above in this thread ?

Every batch has had two EAs with it. So that's two EAs per month or so, 24 a year.

#13990 1 year ago

I signed up for a profile on the FedEx app to get alerts on delivery, and in 24 hours I get an alert on the app for delivery day/time options. It said I could choose morning or afternoon on Tuesday or Wednesday. I chose Tuesday morning.

About 10 hours later I got a confirmation that it will be delivered Tuesday @ 12:15 PM. That's pretty specific... so we'll see.

#13997 1 year ago

Received a call from FedEx. I had to provide a 2 hour window for the delivery tomorrow. I chose 11:30 to 1:30. We'll see.

#14000 1 year ago

Ordered 3-11-2021
Invoiced 4-24-2022
Tracking Number 5-18-2022
Delivered 5-24-2022

Can't wait to set it up! Pictures later today!

#14008 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

If you are currently at work, you have my permission to go home now...

lol thanks.

FedEx originally asked me to provide a delivery window of two hours, so I said 11:30 to 1:30. He showed up at 10:30!

I took it out and set it up solo. Zero problems, zero issues, zero adjustments. Works 100%. That’s super rare for any NIB!

DEA36EEE-EAC7-4C36-BF9B-4C6FE95BA640 (resized).jpegDEA36EEE-EAC7-4C36-BF9B-4C6FE95BA640 (resized).jpeg
DE9F7EA1-2C9D-4A3F-96D4-5662FB9D0911 (resized).jpegDE9F7EA1-2C9D-4A3F-96D4-5662FB9D0911 (resized).jpeg
BDEA9B0D-EBC2-4688-B11E-1F3A8AE14CB4 (resized).jpegBDEA9B0D-EBC2-4688-B11E-1F3A8AE14CB4 (resized).jpeg
EB3FB56A-B9D6-4A20-9DF3-75C713F3DA38 (resized).jpegEB3FB56A-B9D6-4A20-9DF3-75C713F3DA38 (resized).jpeg
DDBA6B9F-0788-408A-91AA-37265A759646 (resized).jpegDDBA6B9F-0788-408A-91AA-37265A759646 (resized).jpeg
309F8A2E-7CA4-45DE-B669-D8B1E328B66F (resized).jpeg309F8A2E-7CA4-45DE-B669-D8B1E328B66F (resized).jpeg

#14014 1 year ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

Anyone know how wide the pallet the game comes on is? Hoping there is a way that they can wheel it in my house tomorrow morning when mine arrives, but guessing it's unlikely.

It's as wide as the box that it comes in. It's able to fit through a standard doorway.

#14026 1 year ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Did FedEx wheel it in the door for you or do they just drop it on the driveway like R&L did with my Wonka?

Wheeled it in.

R&L has always wheeled it in for me too. Guess you just got a bad/tired driver.

#14029 1 year ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

the sub cuts out randomly some times.

Interesting you say this, because I just got my game and the sub woofer is also cutting out randomly here. I checked the connections and when I do the sub kicks back in but then it’ll cut out later on again.

Not sure why

#14036 1 year ago
Quoted from Striker:

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the "EA" TBL?

EA = Early Achiever Editions

These are the people who ordered TBL when it first came out. To honor their purchase they are supposed to get a numbered game and a fancy EA apron for their games.

But the early stages of the production of this game caused financial issues, so EA games are being made slowly along with new orders. For every 10 or so new games made 2 EAs are shipped out, per my understanding.

3 weeks later
#14087 1 year ago
Quoted from duke-of-bourbon:

To anyone who received their TBL recently, is it as great as you thought it would be. I should be getting mine soon. I can hardly wait.

No. I expected there to be errors and things that need adjusting, like any NIB game.

Mine came perfect out of the box. I didn't need to take the glass off to fix or adjust a dang thing. I added a piece of velco to help the ball kick to the left flipper when hitting the Donny shot (you'll see) but other than that it was flawless. There's also a ton of mods you can add onto this game, and the art package fits the game so well. It has that classic Bally/Williams feel with modern upgrades. A true world under glass.

A ribbon cable just died about 1 month in, so something finally croaked on it, but rest has been great.

As far as gameplay; I didn't watch any videos or streams on it so I had no idea what to expect. IT. IS. AMAZING. The upper playfield is probably the best one in pinball. The lower playfield? Probably the second best in all of pinball (AC/DC). Shots are buttery smooth, and I love most of the rules. I wish there was more to do like how there is with Godzilla and other Elwin games. Is there a mini wizard mode? That would be nice.

Either way it's super fun and I love it. It's my favorite movie and two of my favorite hobbies all in one game. Doesn't get any better than that.

I hope EAs get their game. As long as more sales are made, more EAs will go out. Why spend 15k on Toy Story when you can spend 13k and get a far better game!?

Added 20 months ago:

It was not a ribbon cable, it was the upper playfield board that died. It took 6 weeks from diagnosis to delivery.

3 weeks later
#14120 1 year ago

I'm happy for you guys. GREAT game, super high build quality with high-end parts.

Great layout, great music, and most importantly a kick ass theme.

With a rug to tie the room together!

2 months later
#14243 1 year ago

You testers are hyping this update quite a bit...

Intriguing.

1 week later
#14255 1 year ago

IT'S HERE!??!!??!?!

EDIT: I read the update. Wow. It's a lot of polish and some great stuff added to the gameplay too. Job well done.

https://www.facebook.com/dutchpinball/

#14256 1 year ago

LOL!

"Walter will now complain when you select him as a bowling challenger on Shabbos (saturday). If your date/time is off you can change this in the PC's BIOS for now."

#14290 1 year ago

I'm happy to see more games make it to their new owners.

It was only May or so when I got my game, but I wish I could relive that day again. It was special.

2 months later
#14350 1 year ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Man. Was really hoping for a Christmas miracle to see this game under the tree this year. The waiting is killing me.
Well, here’s hoping for a pinball New Year’s!

The wait sucked, especially when it was getting closer and closer to the day of arrival.

But when the game was finally delivered, all those feelings immediately went away and I was just thankful it was here. Such a great game, well built, code is fantastic, etc. Dutch really killed it with this one.

1 month later
#14425 1 year ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Invoice paid 7/14/22 (including $600 for starry apron)
Game arrived 10/18/22 (no starry apron)
Multiple emails to Melissa and Lisa without replies. Multiple phone calls saying parts haven’t come in or promising to look into it without ever getting answers or updates.

Come on @cointaker, help this guy out.

4+ months on a $600 part is too long without any update.

2 weeks later
#14484 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

It’s probably my favorite pin and I’ve got alot of good ones. Worth the price point and the 13 month wait. Make sure you get the music mod as well.

I'm good without the music mod. I like the instrumental versions of the songs.

4 weeks later
#14580 1 year ago

I haven't opened up my game yet, but in the bowling alley it takes two tries to shoot the ball up to the orange mech. The first try fails 100% of the time. The mech starts spinning around as if a ball is in it, then it realizes the ball didn't make it so it launches the ball a second time which is 100% successful the second try.

Before I open it up: Has this happened to anyone?

#14583 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sounds like the plunger is not properly aligned with the ball, see service faq page 51

Thanks Rensh. I also seemed to have posted this in the wrong thread and you found and answered it anyway! Kudos!

#14598 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Spoiler alert... They do as well...

Not the ones with a diamond playfield. My HS2 was smooth as glass. Zero blemishes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

15,000 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thepinballco-op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=thepinballco-op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.