(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,282 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by MR-808
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#704 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I for one will be surprised if this gets produced.

I will not be surprised... I'd be really surprised after all this trouble, money invested, years of working and prototyping with several people and having contacts and tests with a factory that can produce for them, they'd not get to the step of producing the games. I would have been surprised if there hadn't been any disappointments and delays in the process though (for DP themselves and/or for the customers).

5 months later
#1167 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

The code they've shown leaves a lot to be desired for a game that's been in development for so long.

Though that might be true, we also know how well BOP 2.0 has been programmed, and that took quite a lot of time as well.
Things like lightshows surely won't be a problem, for the programmer has created great tools for ie. creating cool lightshows for BOP (I'm sure with having tools for later DP-games like TBL in mind). I think they've shown with BOP 2.0 that nobody has to worry about code. For what the rules will be like, that's a matter of taste: some likes mode-based games, others like games like MM, AFM, etc. Maybe they can change some rules when there's enough feedback.

I haven't played it enough to comment on the rules, the only thing I fear is how much the bowling will be used: it's nice and well made, but I think it should be used very little to keep it fun. Surely they can make a setting, so you can chose if it's 'bowling heavy' to show everyone that 'toy', or a lot less bowling, to keep it fun in the long term.
I really liked the game at the DPO (looks, graphics, layout/shots, sound) and it was fun to play even though rules were still early. The most important thing of doubt for me is the bowling toy and how much it will be used, but I have a lot of faith that it'll be a game with great ruleset (even though it takes a lot of time), a well polished game (art, sound, lights, graphics) and a great game overall.

2 months later
#1589 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Thanks for the video. Do I spot a scoring issue right at the beginning? You make the skill shot and the score stays at 10 points...

If I'm not mistaken in BOP 2.0 the skill shot is given as bonus points at the end of the ball. Maybe it's the same with TBL?

1 year later
#6488 6 years ago

I played it on Saterday morning at the DPO and I thought it played well. The prototypes at the DPO a few years back had problems shooting the lock (ramp) well, but this one I could shoot the ramp easily. The right ramp was a bit harder to make, but that's just a harder shot to aim right: a well aimed shot would make it easily. To me the game felt right and shots felt good.
At Saterday the rug was working well. I don't know if things had changed after that time. It was being played non-stop, every time I walked by (and so was the 'original' non-Chinese model, which I hadn't played this DPO).

1 month later
#6574 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

Predicting delivery dates is only “impossible” if you have no idea what is happening. I’ve had some cautious optimism about one day actually getting my TBL. These guys appear to be making things move along, but that statement takes a big dump on that optimism. You have engineering samples so the bill of materials should be set. You know what parts are needed, where to get them, how much they cost, and how long it takes to build with an inexperienced team that should only get faster. What is missing to give delivery estimates?
I’d guess the missing element is funding which needs to be supplemented by new orders that also need to be built. If there was strong confidence that will not be a problem we should have dates. An approach like building 10 new orders and then a couple early achievers would be nice and is predictable. We don’t have dates.

JJP was way wrong the first game, Heighway the same, Dutch Pinball as well (first run), MMR, some small runs (i.e.Captain Nemo) and maybe somathing I forgot too: I think it's save to say that giving a wrong estimate did some harm to some companies and it's proven at least very very hard to estimate right, so I don't think it's strange they won't at the moment. Maybe there are some examples who have done better (AP and Spooky?), but we've seen enough times that there were given estimates again and again that turned out to be impossible, so I think it's ok that Dutch Pinball doesn't give a new estimate now.

1 year later
#9466 4 years ago

I think Barry will really want to make things right, have tbl in production, and have a future in designing and producing pinball. Will he succeed? I sure hope so, but I really wouldn't know.

1 month later
#10764 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

eah their whole "plan" hinges on 500 people wanting to pay 12.5k for a TBL. That's twice as many as they sold originally when they were the lords of all creation.

You can have doubts about their plan (I think everyone has some doubts, from little, with a lot of hope to a lot of doubts with very little hope), but I thought the 500 was the total amount of games that had to be produced? Still quite a lot have to be sold, but I think it's not right to just say that Barry said 500 games still have to be sold from this day on.
I know, it won't change the way you think, but it's not right to just quote higher numbers than were told.

2 months later
#11139 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

That was another one of the lies they told while they were living off of our preoder money.

You can think of it whatever you want, but that isn't a lie. Tax authorities may make exceptions though.
https://www.bvbeginnen.nl/dga-salaris/

But ontopic: I think it's great that 10 new games have been made. I hope they'll succeed and all EAs will have their games as well (eventually).

4 months later
#11607 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Nor did I say he was? I said he is Targeting 4 per week as he said.

Folowing by 'Isn't that 208?' (=52x4, so you are actually saying from januari 1th, 52 weeks without a break). After that you 're using 100 games per year (so no upscaling involved during 2020) as an example for how long it will take in total from now on.
It would probably be more fair to claim it'd be in the 150 - 180 range after 2020 when all works out well and they're up to 4 a week (minus some vacation, Christmas and perhaps hicups during a year). And maybe once they produce 4 a week, in later years they'll upscale some more. We'll see. Anyways, it's good they're being produced I think.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

15,000 (OBO)
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=sven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.