(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steigerpijp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#790 8 years ago

Games look AWESOME! Super lighting, overall finish , great coloured inserts, plays great, perfect, cant wait to get one home.

DP guys were making minor final adjustments after transport and installation and left in time with 5 ready to rock tommorow.

New Lcd Screen looked the nuts, super fresh.

I heard Creedence, Santana while playing, could'nt hear cover or original, but I know for fact from Barry they are covered song and I still could not tell .

Didnt progress all modes or MB's but the things I did activate worked fine and seem comlete.

A great evening on tbl

5 months later
#1271 8 years ago

Boooohh, boooooooohh!!

4 months later
#2242 7 years ago

Nah.. He had some fries with mayonaise..

Them Dutch guys drown 'm in that shit!!

#2250 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Any guesses on what game number DP is up to? I would guess building in the #70's

Still waiting on news for #54..

#2274 7 years ago

Yes! Email is in, #54 wil be tested and out to me this week !

#2277 7 years ago

Nope, pre-orders closed a long time ago, no skipping the line at DP.

real achievers get 'm first, seems only fair.

#2359 7 years ago

Same delivery route today for nr 54 & 58!!

Got it set up tonight, #54 looks and plays great, some fine-tuning as we play more im sure!

Impressed by the way its packed too, and some happy helpers around to investigate inside and out!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2410 7 years ago

So far the bowling alley ball is holding Out great in my game, playfield bowlers look and play nuts, but they do take a beating like glo-balls do, wont last more than 6-800 games I think..

4 months later
#3019 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

The Dutch do showmanship well. I have dealt with them in business before and I hate painting with a wide brush however I will say this....every time I have dealt with the Dutch, I have been fed many lies and exaggerations that constantly have to be sifted through. I am not saying this is the same situation as I have no knowledge of wha the truth is or what is really going on just find it very interesting that i received two emails one after the other basically covering asses.

Fine you grabbed the wide brush here , but there's no need to dip it in tar...

#3025 7 years ago

Well, you've come to the right place on pinside..

#3027 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Being Dutch and a businessman myself must admit this remark does hurt me.
So you Americans have Trump as a president and this means all Americans are like him?? Guess what you are stating here is alternative news

Calm down Rens, it wasnt in jest by Bill. Bad business is bad business, whichever country you're from.

#3031 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Don't let facts get in the way of it.

Because. You know. Bill is Canadian.

Carry on..

#3054 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I'm confusing A. F. Not you're fault.
The Dude Abides.

Hardly, your posts to me are the probably most clear & constructive ive seen here in a long time

#3284 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I get that. I had a minute break at work so I rushed over to pre- order a burrito which I would go back and get after the next car. Much to my surprise, they wrapped that thing up real fast and I didn't have to wait at all. Yummy.

Classic !! Loved it

2 weeks later
#3591 7 years ago

I remembered a line from a song back in 99, " dont worry too much, and know that worrying is about as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing Bubble-gum"

Its helped me throughout the years and know it to be true, I guess many other dutchmen do the same..

Quoted from karl:

Back to boring
I find it strange that not one single Dutch person on this forum has expressed even a tiny bit of worry about the situation at hand.
When there has been small problems in the Heighway camp and that company in Australia, (much smaller problems than this) you will see lots of worried posts from their fellow countrymen, but the Dutch camp seems to blindly think everything is ok until the ship has sunk and become a ghost ship. (bad pun ) (this is only judged by the Dutch that has posted in this thread and the pinball magazine news letter)
I am a strong believer in not overreacting until everything is Smell the glove black (bad Spinal tap pun) but to say that I am not worried about the situation would be a plain lie.
I can certainly understand the situation that Dutch Pinball are in is not a fun ride for them either but when they have gotten where they are (a really bad place) and their communication is lacking, (why should customers who have paid a lot of money have to wait for seminar in Texas to get info about their purchase? They did it like this once before and I was baffled then also) and their main focus seems to be about game nr 2 before making sure they can deliver game nr 1 to customers, yes I am a little bit worried.
I might be totally wrong about absolutely everything above, but it is still how I feel about the situation until we know more.
PS! And I am not one of those who must know everything that goes on behind the curtain, I am only worried about my game and how and when they can deliver it to me. My contract is with Dutch pinball and not the people that they blame for their problems.
I want to stay positive. Dutch Pinball, please help me.
Edit: I am not trying to be negative towards the Dutch pinball community here, I am only curious why none of them are any worried about the situation.

2 weeks later
#3792 7 years ago

I did not know a Human being could be full with so much shit..

#3993 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is f***ing BS. If they're going to a new mfg, the FIRST THING they should be building is Lebowski!!!!
(edited by mod team)

All this anger while on the toilet, be carefull.

The contract with ARA probably states that they are the sole manufacturer allowed to build. If DP builds them (and they want to), elsewhere, then they would be breaching the contract too, and then it really could be over .. DP wants to carry on, hold on to the delivery, not bleed dry before their first 300 games are delivered..

The wait has been killing, but it looks like it could still be longer..

So , kill it now, no one gets Jack.. or try to keep it alive.. what would you do?

6 months later
#6190 6 years ago

Judging by the amount of recent posts , its seems our "Hero " is spending a lot of time on his toilet again , squeezing out every last bit of anger towards DP.

Must be a relief, good for you buddy !!

1 week later
#6405 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I guess they don’t have any update about EU distributor(s)?

I’m sure currently, its on the “to do” list but not high priority

4 months later
#6788 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yeah, I'm sure that's why.
Sorry, I had to.

Too right, its a well known fact that men can only concentrate on one thing at a time ..

2 months later
#7166 5 years ago

Speculation, but all Ara wants out of this at this point is to break even.

Like Bally Williams was liquidated forcefully and split up end if 90’s , Ara just wants to sell off the units in stock when DP are bust, and this is the moment to do it, when fully comitted to a new party financially.

The board at ara would have done this anyhow with their 51 percent share. Sell the units, close the division, break even..

DP tried, in vain.? Who knows, time will tell, but the money is now not going into games but lawyers pockets.. what a waste;(

Sad day , for all involved

#7169 5 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

Steigerpijp - I think you nailed it. The money now goes to the lawyers. Very sad end to a dream machine!

Yes, dp did care for pinball and its clients , ARA never did.

A board of directors needs good numbers at the end of the year, no matter what.

Collateral damage, us how this will be looked at, same goes for the former ceo that got sacked

#7269 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Why even bother asking Jaap or Barry about any of this? Serious question.

Some closure.. for whatever thats worth

#7271 5 years ago

If you only bought one, Yes..

1 week later
#7596 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I was curious to ARA's response if I asked to buy a TBL direct, and here was their response.

Just to clarify, in Dutch, the small print at the bottom states any information contained in this email is for the adressed only and not allowed to be publicly anounced or published.

#7599 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Good thing I don't speak or read Dutch

You’d fit right in here in NL..

1 week later
#7729 5 years ago

.. and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Pessimism. Where has that gotten anyone , ever?

Quoted from highdef:

More
You're basically telling me to sing some Journey.

1 week later
#7802 5 years ago

Fantastic.. 10 posts along and there will be outrage again when someone makes truth of this fake reply..

Trench warfare... Carry on

Quoted from highdef:

And here is their response:
Dear David,
Dude...there is an unspoken message here. You're over the line and your aggression will not stand. Obviously, you're not a golfer.
We can't be worried about that sh*t; life goes on man.
Don't worry Dude. We will get you your TBL and tie the room together as soon as we can. In the meantime, just sit back, take a deep breath, and say "f*ck it -- let's go bowling" while we work it out with ARA.
And a good new year to you sir!
Your favorite Dude,
Jaap

#7806 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I actually found the reply funny and Sadly believable!

Sad in both cases, but each their own.

#7807 5 years ago

With such a reply , I expect you started your refund request like you ended your post to me... with an insult

Quoted from highdef:

This is the insulting response I got when I asked for a refund. How is it any different?

Some of you need to climb down off DP's nuts. You're swinging on them like Tarzan.

#7809 5 years ago

Thanks for the tip, that underwear sounds tempting..

Ni-hao, dude!

5 months later
#8486 5 years ago

Well, My potential add-a bowling-ball mod never took off as it didnt feel right to introduce it before TBL production was well underway ..

But , if anyone needs a spare prototype pin,( for replacement only ) hit me up. Out of the original 2014 set of 100, a few got left behind in my shop .

2AD1707C-DFED-475C-B1C8-313251539E09 (resized).jpeg2AD1707C-DFED-475C-B1C8-313251539E09 (resized).jpeg
#8493 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Tell us about your mod. Some of us (me) may be interested.

I made some balls for the side plate , as decoration. Pretty much the same that are offered for sale on pinside .

As a DP team member I did not find it appropriate to sell things to folks who are waiting still on their games.

#8496 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a Guess but I think the wait for paying clients to get a game from DP is Long over.... wish I was wrong but seems obvious at this point. Just trying to support what would have been one of the best game themes ever created and do what little we can to help keep the Few lucky enough to protect these pieces for others to enjoy.

Sure, a good thing. Carry on I say for the Lucky few

6 weeks max , judges verdict will be out, and then its no longer an assumption of what when or what.

Haters will hate, lovers will love .

1 year later
#11953 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Slim & none. DP will likely cease to exist by then.

Ah, you’re back , shining your positive light ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 210.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steigerpijp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=steigerpijp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.