(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,280 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Cojua88
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spelunk71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4947 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In other instances people work all the time including more than 40 hours in a week to pay off debt and interest on things they buy, much of which they don't really need in the first place.

You mean like pinball machines and mods?

2 months later
#5954 6 years ago

I hear it's actually a secret plan to make Dutch Pinball great again while playing lots of golf.

6 months later
#6772 6 years ago

I thought you guys might like this article on what the critics thought of Lebowski 20 years ago...and now. I sincerely hope you get your games before the film is old enough to legally buy a white Russian (in the U.S.)!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2018/03/06/the-big-lebowski-is-20-we-reached-out-to-the-critics-who-panned-it-to-see-what-they-think-now/

1 year later
#9679 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

In case anyone is interested, on one of the Facebook pinball groups someone listed a NIB TBL for $13k. Selling on behalf of a private collector who wants to remain nameless. Is this game really worth that kind of money or is it more of a status thing? I've never played one.

I think you meant $30,000, not $13,000. Looks like K-man may also sell his to the highest bidder if anyone is interested.

1 week later
#9993 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Did anyone see this?
ebay.com link
Let me be super clear NO PINBALL GAME IS WORTH $30,000 no matter how rare! There is no way this person is selling this game for 30k no way in hell! Being an opportunist is perfectly legal in the USA, however to me anyone this is in the category of the goof asking for 50k for a back to the future. LOL
Just think for a cool $80,000 you could have a Big Lebowski and Back to the Future off of Ebay! Boy if you pulled that off you'd be the talk of pinside. LOL

It’s just Kaneda trolling for a reaction (and maybe an actual offer) using that ridiculous $30,000 Facebook listing as inspiration. Either way, it’s pretty crass and disrespectful to those who got burned.

3 months later
#11270 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Simple, call Cointaker

I emailed Cointaker but got no response.

#11272 4 years ago

Yeah, I suppose, but it kind of bugs me to have to track someone down to deliver them a boatload of money. Makes me wonder what kind of service I’ll get down the line.

#11276 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Cointaker is very busy most of the time, but they always answer their phone. E-mails can get lost in the shuffle. Always call if you want answers fast. Also don't worry about their service, they have always come through for me when needed.

Ok, good to know. In my line of work, not answering emails=death, but I understand things work differently elsewhere.

9 months later
#12140 3 years ago

Hey Sandeep— That’s great it all worked out for you. As per Timlah79’s question, would you (or someone else) pass along the dimensions of the game? I also have space issues and that info would be really helpful. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#12235 3 years ago

That’s hot! And the lady’s not bad either.

3 weeks later
#12285 3 years ago

New Shit Newsletter.

5 months later
#12989 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Crazy... considering I have been waiting since December 2019

Same here (since November 2019). I check in with Cointaker periodically. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to management of “The List.” I’m happy for everyone getting games, but the lack of transparency in the process is frustrating.

#12993 2 years ago

No deposit. The last time I called, I reminded Melissa that I had not paid and she didn’t ask for it.

#13013 2 years ago

wow the order of these seems very nonsencial to me... Myself and I know a few others that had pre orders in November of 2019, and have not gotten ours? Hmmm

Yep, nonsensical sums it up. I received no reply to my email inquiry last week--I'm guessing because there is no good response. I suppose I'll have to call, but at this point I want to have everything in writing. If it wasn't for the emails, there would be no proof of anything.

#13019 2 years ago

Interesting so you preordered in Nov 2020, I did in Nov 2019... hmm

Some people are more equal than others I guess.

1 week later
#13051 2 years ago
Quoted from waywinn:

Hi all,
I'm just giving everyone some dates as well so people have a general idea of wait times. My Big Lebowski is on the way and is part of the shipment that was shipped on May 8th, according to the invoice that was sent.
5/2/2020 -> I initially placed the order and paid the $1,000 deposit.
4/26/2021 -> Received the final invoice on this day and paid in full.
I will notify people when I get the pin in my possession. I'm thinking it might be sometime in early or middle June but we will see.

Thanks for the info. Hope it arrives soon. Cointaker told me I’d be in the next shipment. Does anyone have any idea when that may be, or is the production/shipping schedule still totally unpredictable at this point?

1 week later
#13076 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I wonder when DP will run out of the original good old stock playfields? The PF’s being made now seem to be really hit or miss on quality!

That’s a great question. Not much confidence in Mirco these days.

#13086 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

All those lines are so cool, can’t wait to get it ,couple more weeks hopefully.

Did Cointaker tell you it would likely come in a couple of weeks or just wishful thinking?

2 weeks later
#13135 2 years ago

So sorry to hear this. RIP.

2 months later
#13403 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Spelunk71 just saved you $12,451. Not bad.

Thanks. A modest finder’s fee would be appreciated. PM me for my PayPal info.

2 weeks later
#13469 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

We went from a calendar year to receive the game, to a calendar year to make full payment on the game.
I imagine it's the supply shortage that's holding things up.

I was supposedly on the waiting list since 11/2019, before Cointaker started taking TBL deposits. Still waiting. During my periodic check-ins, Melissa has told me either that it will be a couple more months or that I’m “definitely” in the next group. Then I start to see others who got in after me get their invoices and games and for me it’s crickets.

In my latest couple of inquiries, I’ve simply asked to know where I am on The List. No response. I have reminded her that I have not paid a deposit (as per the 2019 policy) but she has never told me that paying one now would speed things up. Frankly, given this run-around, I’m not looking to throw them deposit money.

I get there are supply chain issues, but the lack of transparency (and any response at all lately) is frustrating and unprofessional. I guess calling guarantees at least some response, but I feel like I’m less likely to be burned if I get info in writing. Not sure if I should keep persisting or just bail and move on.

2 weeks later
#13497 2 years ago

I’m sure I’ll get the call any day now.
https://c.tenor.com/fRcC6K4sPOYAAAAC/waiting-skeleton.gif

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13500 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

If anyone isn’t prepared to wait 12-15 months for TBL from the new warehouse I would suggest not putting a deposit down. I knew what I was getting into when I signed up. I’m 11/20 deposit so getting closer. Patience is key. Melissa from Cointaker has been great every time I reached out to her. Not sure why any negativity is directed towards her. They do the best they can and so does DP. Goosefrahbah!

I’m approaching two years. Others have waited for much less time. That is the problem—not necessarily the wait but the lack of consistency and communication. I was just told I’m in the next batch—for the third time over the past year. We’ll see.

#13502 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Were you a $1,000 cash deposit? Or are you one of the earlier "no money down" preorders that seems to have been repeatedly shuffled down the list?

No money down. I guess that was the issue? Who knows. Still…they should have told the no money down people to pay if that caused the leapfrogging. I actually offered to pay the deposit a few times if that would help, but Melissa didn’t seem interested.

#13506 2 years ago

I’ve called (and emailed) several times, most recently a couple of weeks ago. She is always great over the phone and then….nothing. Hope things will be different this time.

#13528 2 years ago

I just got my invoice! Almost two years waiting, but received a nice apology for the delay. This dude abides.

#13544 2 years ago

Melissa told me a fair number of games have been arriving with damage from shipping. They do an initial check before sending them out to customers. Obviously, damaged games will push back delivery dates. Fingers crossed this shipment is ok!

3 months later
#13768 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Well, I just plopped down my deposit with Cointaker today. Now the waiting begins...

Congrats! I waited two years for mine. Your wait won’t be nearly as long I’m sure, but it will be worth it. The game is fantastic.

7DDF9345-F9D5-4E31-80E9-992545A0DE91 (resized).jpeg7DDF9345-F9D5-4E31-80E9-992545A0DE91 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#13886 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Doesn't that trigger IRS reporting requirements for them? Cash transactions over $10k....

An electronic funds transfer is not cash.

6 months later
#14285 1 year ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

I just checked with a distro here in europe which said pin could be ready for delivery in 6 weeks when ordered today. Does this sound plausible to you? I thought it's more like a year of waiting or so...?

Just a guess, but maybe U.S. orders are slower because they wait to have enough made to fill a shipping container before sending overseas, which is not necessary in Europe?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spelunk71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.