(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,275 posts
  • 860 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Vimtoman
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
hair (resized).jpg
IMG_4074 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#648 8 years ago

I get that it is a disappointment for some, but if they have to do alternate or even MIDI versions of the songs I think that would be cool as well. After all, there's a tradition of that in Pinball. I like how the artwork on the playfield is hand-drawn and the scenes from the movie have been "pinball-ified". There will also be altered images of the movie on the DMD as well. So if the music goes through the same process before it ends up in the game, I think that will also be cool.

I'm sure they will do a great job with it and ultimately you are getting more creative product because there will be new versions of the songs. After all, if you want to listen to the original songs, you can just download the soundtrack.

#725 8 years ago

Can we have the text of the NSNL, for those following along at home? Thanks.

#735 8 years ago

Man, the insides of that game look sharp and those animations are looking great. I'm sure they will approach this new music challenge with the same flair that they have shown when dealing with every other aspect of this project. Jaap seems like a really genuine guy and the commitment and passion of the team just shines through in the quality of the product. I actually think their approach to communication is very professional. In that video from Expo I saw a man standing there telling it like it is - we've encountered a problem, this is how we intend to deal with it. I'd rather have these periodical updates (the NSNL) than have them waste their time coming on here to counter every negative comment. From the beginning, even when faced with huge obstacles, Jaap and Barry have remained calm and rational, kudos to them.

It seems like that the timing was slightly off for them to make a big splash at this Expo but this game and this company is going to have a huge impact on modern pinball. I don't know how I'm going to afford to buy TBL but as a pinball fan I'll be doing everything I can to make sure it happens. I can't wait to seen the production games at the Dutch Pinball Open.

2 weeks later
#784 8 years ago

So these are all production machines and different to the ones which were shown earlier (last year at DPO)?

Can someone please cut a paste the latest newsletter here? Thanks

#786 8 years ago

Great, thanks. They got that new apron done pretty quick.

4 months later
#1142 8 years ago

Just watched some of the stream, the game looks awesome.

1 month later
#1372 7 years ago

Filpper strength OK on yours PDX?

2 weeks later
#1452 7 years ago

Great video, this game is shaping up nicely.

#1482 7 years ago

I think the music is really well done. It's hard to say without a direct comparison but it might actually integrate into gameplay better and feel less repetitive than the original songs with lyrics. I like that they made music especially for the pin, it must have been a tonne of work. The call-outs are great, as is the narration. The whole package just makes me smile, and it seems that there is a lot more to come. Well done DP!

1 week later
#1549 7 years ago

Thanks for the video. The game looks awesome, love the rug modes.

2 months later
#1989 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Now play it non-stop and let us know your findings after a couple of days !!

And.....video video video

5 months later
#2814 7 years ago

A video of some games with the new code would be cool when you have a minute.

2 weeks later
#3090 7 years ago

Man, very sorry to hear about this. I sincerely hope that this can be resolved.

3 months later
#4889 6 years ago
Quoted from MIL:

Wait . What the !! . START after Pinfest ? . I was under the assumption that production had already begun on games , especially for those who have already pre-paid .

Dude, calm down. Take a look at his thread. Yes, production has begun, they have made everything from the playfield screws to the cabinets from scratch in house. They have several prototypes ready to be sited and are just waiting on final approval of some toys and artwork before they start assembling the first 100 machines. Mike has apologized for the delay to the small number of customers who have pre-orders.

Now, back to Lebowski.

4 months later
#6086 6 years ago

Looks good, happy to see this progressing.

5 months later
#6794 6 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

If it was possible to pay cash and take the machine I had asked for a bank in the area.

Lebowski cash machine (resized).jpgLebowski cash machine (resized).jpg

3 months later
#7880 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Is there another rosh or did you mistype the name ?

I believe he meant Rensh.

8 months later
#8663 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Sadly, fake news

I texted with Barry yesterday about whether there was any news. Overnight the news was launched. I checked again with Barry this morning. He says he has no idea where the news is coming from, but it's not true.

5 months later
#10437 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I didn’t get the sense from the interview that Barry really gives a shit about any of you and the thousands of dollars you have lost.

I think I must have listened to a different interview. It seemed clear from the interview that he could have walked away from the whole thing many times. After they lost the lawsuit he was about to walk away, but decided to give it one more shot and speak to ARA directly. He also mentioned that if the company had gone bankrupt, he would have been personally protected by Dutch law but he wanted to see it through. He also said that he had been contacted by several parties wanting to buy the company, but they all wanted to "cut the EAs loose", so he turned them down. I got the impression that he genuinely wants to get the EAs their games.

#10444 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

If you were hoping to hear a heart-felt apology, this may not be the podcast you were looking for.

Barry does say in the interview that he regrets the decision to lie about the boards being a problem and he does apologize at the end of the podcast about the situation.

Quoted from Richthofen:

If you follow the narrative DP has spun, Barry has had several decisions which could have brought EAs their games. He could have ponied up more money per game. He could have given ARA a controlling stake in their business. It seems like several of his major decisions have actually made it less likely, not more , to get EAs their games.

I'm not so sure about that. He said he was willing to pay more per game with the condition that ARA make a certain amount of games by the end of the year because they had a history of missing deadlines, they would not agree. Would giving ARA a controlling stake have brought the EAs their games? Only ARA knows what their intentions were in making this offer, perhaps they wanted to dissolve the company and pay themselves the outstanding monies.

#10484 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

1. What happened to the 1.5 million dollars +- that DP received from EA’s?

Research and development, paying staff, parts. That's not a lot of money when it comes to developing and building a pinball machine. Jersey Jack has said that it cost several million to develop WOZ.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

2. What did the judge see in the evidence that made her side 100% with ARA?

He does explain that, the judge sided with ARA because ARA was owed money. The dispute between DP and ARA about ARA's adjustment of the price to build games was deemed to be mostly irrelevant.

#10514 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

What's going to happen to EAs now? did you wire the entire 12,500 to Barry? Why wasn't there a discussion/plan to make the EAs whole before giving this guy more money?

Ct4DkT7VYAAuuzx (resized).jpgCt4DkT7VYAAuuzx (resized).jpg

#10656 4 years ago

Barry offers new games to general public.
Pinside: He should have offered them to EAs first!

Barry offers new games to EAs first.
Pinside: Barry is screwing EAs for more money!

#10659 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

That’s not what I’m saying

I wasn't specifically talking about you, just making a joke about what will likely happen

2 months later
#11204 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

On another note... who's the Jesus edition going to be for -- 8 year olds?

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

9 months later
#12099 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Put the Rug out to flatten it out and came back to find this.

That's a great picture, you should send that to DP.

3 weeks later
#12224 3 years ago

GNR looks great, well done to JJP but this is a great theme for a pinball game and DP executed it really well. The call outs make me laugh everytime I see a stream of the game.
Here's hoping they update the code and continue to get the games out. You can't fault Barry's perseverance.

1 month later
#12473 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I have no doubt the car crash happened. But how many pinball companies get side-tracked by a car crash? Involving two games? Probably means months more waiting for everyone. Oh well. First world problem.

Don't think anyone is saying that they got side-tracked, just that two games were damaged and that it's a bummer.

1 year later
#13953 1 year ago

OK, I'll bite...why the umbrella inside?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=solarvalue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.