(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,301 posts
  • 619 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 190 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 956 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191130_125027 (resized).jpg
20191130_125125 (resized).jpg
bowlrama (resized).JPG
20191130_012219 (resized).jpg
20191130_011910 (resized).jpg
20191129_234534 (resized).jpg
20191129_221023 (resized).jpg
20191128_202953 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
20191127_171032 (resized).jpg
20191127_171220 (resized).jpg
9cc4cb90-f036-4006-9a76-b400d26db49c (resized).jpg
176a29fb-23ae-452e-84c4-6a305e4719e0 (resized).jpg
900d99f3-ef56-4cb8-ab5d-c0e243b334f3 (resized).jpg
ad865202-df75-41f8-9dcc-44e5834e9697 (resized).jpg
b97fb356-7620-417b-a6f5-bb629f1c8f26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (3 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (3 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (3 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (3 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (2 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (2 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (2 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (2 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (2 years ago)

Post #3650 Report from a dinner with Barry of Dutch Pinball. Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #3951 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #4259 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Rensh (2 years ago)

Post #5004 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #5229 DP update about an alternative manufacturer Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #5461 Details on June 19th DP Livestream Posted by Nikonokin (2 years ago)

Post #6420 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by KoenHeltzel (2 years ago)

Post #6684 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Concretehardt (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snoogans138.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6879 1 year ago

Does anyone know if there’s a way to order one in Australia?

#6897 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Talk to Wayne (Mr Pinball)

Thank you.

#6912 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Talk to Wayne (Mr Pinball)

He said no.
I guess I’ll keep on searching.

#6931 1 year ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Given this title's backstory, I wouldn't be handing over payment for anything that isn't actually in stock either locally or from an overseas source.

Mhm that is very true. Tracking down a local source seems to be a very tricky issue. I should probably try and ask some of the guys that are part of the pinball club I’ve joined if they have any tips.

#6937 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

There is no distributor in Australia and nobody who will touch this mess to be responsible for your money
Try cointaker or some other company selling them, or people trying to sell their spot cheaper than they paid in full for.

Yeah I had no luck there so I thought I’d ask here.

#6954 1 year ago

I’d sent an email to DP last week just to see what they had to say about trying to get one in Australia and I got this back.

“Hello Simon,

We expect to start selling The Big Lebowski Pinball machines in a few months. We first need to ramp up the production.
We will keep you informed via our website, Newsletter and facebook page so please keep following us!

Kind regards,
Jaap Nauta”

So I mean, I’m not holding my breath based on everything that’s happened, but that’s better than the “we don’t have a distributor there” or “orders are no longer available” or anything along those lines that I was expecting to hear.

2 months later
#7945 1 year ago

The majority of people that would be seeing this GoFundMe would already know about the machine; either because they are an EA, or they know this forum, or at the very least they aren’t a Pinsider, but they’ve just known about the machine for the last few years since it was announced.
I can’t imagine many of the people that fall into any of the above categories would be willing to put up any money after knowing the saga thus far. So who are the people that the S7 / DP are expecting to back this?

The Big Lebowski is one of my favourite movies and I’m sure more and more people of new generations of fans have got on board with the movie , but the % of those people who would want to put up money for a pinball machine seems implausible as well.

It just doesn’t make sense.

3 weeks later
#8265 1 year ago

Is that at Alamo Drafthouse? I’m headed to SF in December and I’m really hoping the one the pinside map says is there, is still there.

Quoted from adol75:I finally found a place in San Francisco that has the Big Lebowski (Number 9), and ended spending my afternoon playing it. No wonder this game is so sought after as it went straight to my top 5 of all time favorites. I don't know much about the business side of it with Dutch Pinball problems, but what an incredible game they've made, I hope it can get sorted out and mass production can start as I would definitely buy one.

4 months later
#8535 12 months ago

I got to play TBL today! I Dropped by the Alamo Drafthouse in San Francisco and I was so stoked to see that it was up and running.

It played pretty well and it was loads of fun! I didn’t get to test out too many features as I’m not that skilled / I’m on my honeymoon and I was just happy my wife was happy enough to go play it at all haha. But still, I managed to go bowling once; I picked a hard one where one pin appeared at a time as if it were strafing left to right and back, I also got the Jesus multiball, the nihilist fight thing and started rug mode a couple of times and advanced one scene where The Dude gets his head dunked in the toilet.

One time I got to select the beat up The Dude’s car mode and as that started, the ball didn’t make its way up to the top play field and I had to nearly tilt it to get it to reappear down on the regular play field. That was the biggest issue I ran into.

The rug is looking very beat up. It’s super easy to hit the rug with a shot from either flipper and given that and it’s public location, I think it’s probably why it’s looking so worn. Even still, it functioned as it should, no effect on play, just worth noting here.

I wish I could’ve dropped $100 in it and played all day but we had too many other things to see. It definitely hasn’t done anything to squash my desire to own one someday! It’s super fun. Everything about it is fun and ties in to the movie so well. It’s such a damn shame about all these problems.

712EAEA8-9E7B-43C1-A833-FB762B5182B0 (resized).jpeg
#8540 11 months ago

genex thank you! It really made my day. I’ve been wanting to play this game for a long time and so I really appreciate you having it there.

1 month later
#8601 10 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

I have a TBL I got from another pinsider, but also still have a deposit with CT.

I’ll buy one from you when you have two.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
€ 3.70
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 49.00
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 24.50
$ 229.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snoogans138.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside