(Topic ID: 115360)

The Big Lebowski Preorder Club (Members Only)

By Nilroc

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,281 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by PinBalt
  • Topic is favorited by 285 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_6601 (resized).png
20240415_105155 (resized).jpg
20240415_104804 (resized).jpg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
Congratulations (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
cfa7b21e-b560-42b2-aa4a-0a5c3eaaf4fa (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2465 Tips on removing the upper playfield Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2474 Photo of the updated divertor Posted by sd_tom (7 years ago)

Post #2477 Photos of new tilt graphics side art for TBL Posted by jGraffix (7 years ago)

Post #2506 Factory visit update! Posted by rubberducks (7 years ago)

Post #2926 DP's response to their issue with ARA and game manufacturing. Posted by JimB (7 years ago)

Post #2971 pinghetto contacts ARA for information regarding the delays Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #2973 pinghetto information regarding contacting ARA Posted by pinghetto (7 years ago)

Post #3056 ARA's email response about DP's claims. Posted by CrazyLevi (7 years ago)

Post #3483 Jaap from Dutch Pinball counters the ARA story. Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Post #3491 ARA counters the Jaap counter to ARA's previous communication! Posted by Rarehero (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1613 7 years ago

I agree with Iceman. The latest video gameplay of TBL looks terrible in terms of shots/gameplay. Is this proof that the pin will suck? Obviously not. But watching that video certainly doesn't give me the feeling of wanting to get this pin in my lineup any time soon either.

3 weeks later
#1711 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Got my note about shipping....now just waiting for the container to fill.

Cool! Only a year after you said you'd get it too.

At least you were smart enough not to take me up on my wager.

Posted 5-13-15:

Quoted from RobT:

Do you still expect to have yours by the end of June?
You were still very confident about having it by the end of June just 4 months ago:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game/page/44#post-2119429

Quoted from burningman:

I am a first day pre-order, and from what has been communicated, I expect to see the games ship as they expected by the end of Q2. I would be thrilled to have it by the end of June. And I have no knowledge of any delays at this point.

4 weeks later
#1867 7 years ago
Quoted from Ripley:

How many pins are on that ship?

About as many duplicate accounts as you've created.

6 months later
#2996 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

We sincerely want to apologize for the radio silence. We understand that in the pinball world, not communicating causes speculation. The reason is that we have no news to share. There is an issue with our partner ARA which we are trying to resolve.

Wow, could you be more inconsistent from one sentence to the next? "We have no news.." to "there is an issue with our partner (that makes the games)." Seems rather newsworthy to me.

A lot of new shit has definitely come to light, dude.

#2998 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I would say there is next to no chance of salvaging the Dutch/ARA relationship.

If that turns out to be the case, it also means that there is little to no chance of salvaging DP as a whole. Despite what they said about finding a new company to manufacture the games, that option simply isn't feasible for the reasons already discussed.

I wonder how much money ARA has already received from DP, and how much cash DP still has on hand?

And what company is going to agree to a manufacturing contract with DP on a project that is going to be entering into litigation?

#3017 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Currently, the Cointaker buyers only have a deposit in....AND can get refunds if requested. We should all be made "equals" in that sense.

I wonder if Cointaker is in a position to give refunds to everyone who has a deposit with them? In other words, is Cointaker holding on to those deposits, or were they forwarded to DP?

#3020 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

DP has no CT money.

That is excellent news.

#3038 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Being Dutch and a businessman myself must admit this remark does hurt me.
So you Americans have Trump as a president and this means all Americans are like him?? Guess what you are stating here is alternative news

Since Bill is CANADIAN I see no reason to bring US Politics into the discussion!

#3059 7 years ago

So from ARA's point of view, based on that email, this points to DP as simply not having sufficient funds to pay.

But DP is saying ARA want's 1000 more euro per machine.

ARA is calling DP liars by saying that there was never a problem with parts for production of the pins.

#3101 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm glad to hear that Levi because I'm part Dutch myself. Every body should have some Dutch in them. Who's first?

When I get asked about my nationality, I have a list of about 6 that I have to rattle off.

I always start with "Dutch." Not because that's the part I'm necessarily the most proud of, but because that is how it was taught to me as a child, and how I remembered it in order.

Dutch, Scotch, English, Irish, Portuguese and German.....and even a little Native American thrown in for good measure.

#3111 7 years ago

Exactly!

#3115 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That's not what it says. What it says is DP hasn't paid what ARA thinks they should have paid.
The **REASON** DP hasn't paid is not covered there, so your leap to 'not having sufficient funds' is not supported at all by ARA's mail.
The reason DP hasn't paid isn't inferred or implied in that mail at all... it simply states a credit dispute.

You are not the sharpest tool in the shed, are ya?

"“Dutch Pinball BV is not willing and able to meet it’s payment obligations to ARA”

#3117 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or in short... how would they know?

Now you are moving the goal posts.

You said:

Quoted from flynnibus:

That's not what it says. What it says is DP hasn't paid what ARA thinks they should have paid.

You are wrong.

It does not say that.

Period.

#3120 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No its not - you made a claim "this points to DP as simply not having sufficient funds to pay."
Which is a whole other ball of wax from simply being in a dispute with their contractor. A very BIG claim you are making based on an email from a party that would be in the know how exactly?
You really want to be standing proud against defamation claims on the broken english email of a contract partner? Statements that could easily be seen as causing a run on the company? Better you than me esquire.

#3133 7 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Drawing any conclusions from a brief letter on the internet about the situation,

If you are referring to any of my posts, I did not draw a "conclusion"

I said:

Quoted from RobT:

So from ARA's point of view, based on that email, this points to DP as simply not having sufficient funds to pay.

I may have worded it poorly, but I was saying that the not having sufficient funds was from ARA's point of view...

I went on to say that DP obviously has a different position, and they are saying that ARA wants an additional $1k euro to finish the pins.

So the only "conclusion" that can be made at this point is that things are pretty fucked up.

#3168 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I remember when that idiot got up on stage at Expo and started cursing and tearing into Gary Stern stating that 'Gary sez he's not in the pinball business; instead he sez that he's in the manufacturing business. If he thinks he manufacturers pinball machines, he may as well make a casket and lay down in it as his Company is dead. We're Dutch Pinball yadda, yadda'
I knew right then and there that despite the cool toys on the sample machines, there was no way in hell I'd give that arrogant asshole a Dollar/Gilder/Euro of mine.

I remember that crap like it was yesterday and couldn't agree more. There were plenty of defenders at the time though and I'm sure there still are.

#3257 7 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

There is no truth about the board issues. I have an email directly from Jaap stating they used that excuse to buy time. And he apologized for doing that.

#3290 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Holy shit man. Condense your thoughts. Blah blah blah. My post that got deleted was the fact you tell me you weren't talking about boards but you quoted someone's statement about boards. It's funny you mention money. Apologist were screaming it wasn't about money it was bad boards yet here we are and yep, you guessed it. It is about money. Dutch fucked up. Period. They lied period. Everything else is semantics. The fact that this has festered for months while deceiving people is bad.

Flynnibus is pretty notorious around here for saying people said something that they didn't say, then, in the same breath, denying that he said something that he did say. Trying to have a debate with him simply leads to far too much head banging to make it worth it.

#3304 7 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Just because ARA says they are "owed" money, doesn't mean this is about money or DP not having money.

It's always about money.

#3311 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Ok, so semantics it is. You win. Add me to the list of people not willing to engage you in the future. I figure I should throw in some head banging emoticons to so how frustrated I am too.

Told ya!

1 year later
#7202 5 years ago

Messages Image(2975049347) (resized).pngMessages Image(2975049347) (resized).png

#7219 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Chances are you are going to get a judgment against a bankrupt company but that is your choice.

You spelled "judgment" correctly.

I smell an attorney.

1 week later
#7641 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

And how much of our money is being spent on that lawyer?

If there is money left, it's obviously being spent on attorney fees. A good indicator that all of the money has truly run out would be when DP's attorneys ask to be relieved as attorney of record, as no attorney works for free (pro bono) on this type of dispute (no "contingency fee" here).

No company wants to waste money on attorney fees if they can help it. The hiring of an attorney and the filing of the lawsuit is itself an indicator that they couldn't resolve their dispute, so they had to resort to spending money on attorneys.

#7643 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Dutch law doesn't allow "no win-no fee" or contingency fee agreements and the amount being disputed requires an attorney.

Which again, only goes to show that they couldn't get this worked out despite knowing that they were going to have to spend money on attorneys. I'm sure that they aren't cheap in the Netherlands either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.